IndiaDivine.org

Ramanavami in 753 BCE - COMMENT on role of SAMVA list

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear John,

I am afraid I can't help you out on a question stretching back into antiquity.

However, there is one things I want to comment on in your post - as I have been thinking about it of late.

SAMVA list is not a "newsgroup site". It is a discussion list for SA astrologers. The objective of the list as I have stated many times before is to be a forum for SA astrologers to share their views and exchange information to improve their skills as astrologers. I have been trying to keep the list going with regular posts, but the dwindling participation has become a matter of concern. If the list does not come alive with participation, I will be forced to reconsider my efforts here.

Finally, my name is Thor and not Cosmologer. The latter is only a name of my blog and email. Please feel free to address me by my name.

Best wishes,

Thor

John Dorio <johndorioSAMVA Sent: Friday, May 9, 2008 4:56:27 AM Ramanavami in 753 BCEDear , Cosmologer and list members,This is a SAMVA question. I am trying to calculate thedate of Ramanavami in 753 BCE because I read that onthis day, the city of Rome was founded. I found thaton the day of April 21, 753 BCE:Sun 22 deg 36' Aries (Julian)Moon 9 deg 8' AqrNow April 13 is nine days before so this may be thebeginning of the month of Chaitra which had thefollowing positions:Sun 14 deg 56' AriesMoon 3 deg 7' ScoHere the Sun is well into Aries which may too late forthe beginning of Chaitra. Doesn't the Rama Navamiholiday occur on the 9th day

after the beginning ofthe Chaitra month? I don't know when this date is for753 BCE. Does anyone know when this date is? I usedthe Swiss Empemeris for 6000 year website for theplanetary positions.I want to thank the Cosmologer and forheading the most excellent SAMVA newgroups website. Iespecially liked the articles about the teacher'sstrike in England and the Earthquake analysis nearReno, Nevada. Great job and well done.Best regards,John Dorio Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ---