IndiaDivine.org

Question on currency strength

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear friends,

I have been asked off list about the respective strength of the charts of the USA and the UK, in terms of what is seen for the indications of currency strength. In other words, would the strength of one currency, based on the indications in that chart, be seen to be better than that of the other, such that the exchange rate would be expected to move in one way and not the other. In this regard, it seems the USD is favoured considering the triple transit etc. However, there has been a great rally in the pound. I was asked to give my view on this.

I mentioned the following things in realtion to this question.

Limits of MECHANICAL APPROACH. I have for some time been vary of using astrology as a mechanical device to predict the day to day reality for some indications. I find that following individual indications may give rise to erroneous interpretations. I think the karmic dynamics require a holistic approach to understanding the charts, which is not easy. I asked the querent if he was sure the US chart dynamics were helpful at the present time.

Limits of INTERPRETATION OF REALITY. Elements like currency strength may be more difficult to assess than seems at first blush. A strong currency may give people of the country more purchasing capacity abroad, which would be good. Second, a strong currency may also help to keep prices down, by not generating a rising import price level associated with a depreciating currency. Thirdly, a strong currency may also help to borrow abroad on favourable terms. All this seems to be true for the USA and that would be good for the people. However, at the same time the strong currency reduces the ability to sell and earn an income abroad. It reduces the international competitiveness of the country. Over time, a strong currency is associated with declining trade surpluses and at worst a growing trade deficit and growing debt abroad. This seems to hold true for the USA also. This is not

considered positive. While on balance, the strong currency is preferred to a weak one, it is not without problems or easy to interpret the reality. In the USA, we have strong indicators of Currency (SUN, 2nd house, MOON, 11th house) while having also RAHU afflicting 10th house (indicator of foreign trade). On the positive side we have MARS as 10th lord that is strong and mutually aspecting 1st lord MOON in 11th house, which would be very helpful to the conduct of foreign trade. So the currency of the country is seen to be very strong but some problems have developed over international trade, including a deficit. In short, it requires some care to evaluate the reality in terms of the indications.

ANALYSIS. If we look at the indications of the USD, the SUN which is also lord of the 2nd house, we see that it is both weak in transit, its house is afflicted by both 6th lord JUPITER and 8th lord SATURN and natally the SUN is being hammered by the transit stationary nodes! This suggests an awful time for the Sun and its indications. We also see this in the drop in the value of US stocks over recent days, with global repercussions. The additional indicator of currency strength, the MOON, was passing through an aspect of transit KETU yesterday. Meanwhile its house was being closely aspected by transit 8th lord SATURN, which is also afflicting the 2nd house MEP. The transis in the SAMVA USA chart suggest to me the dollar, along with shares, would be quite stressed at this time, and it was mentioned as a likely outcome in my prediction of last year for this time.

In the Virgo rising UK chart, the SUN is well placed in the 4th house, albeit harming the 4th and 10th houses. Meanwhile, 2nd lord VENUS is strong and well placed in the 5th house. Finally, 11th lord MOON is well placed albeit in old age in the 10th house. This suggests overall, reasonable currency strength. In fact, the UK Pound is an international currency, although there have been bouts of currency depreciation in UK history. At the present time, 4th lord JUPITER is conjunct the natal 12th lord SUN, which would be helpful to the indications of the SUN, but not those of JUPITER. At the same time, JUPITER is positively aspecting 6th lord SATURN which is afflicting the 12th and 2nd house MEPs. This could be reducing the harm from this placement of SATURN. Meanwhile, 2nd lord VENUS is debilitated in transit in Virgo and the 1st house, which would not be so helpful.

However, yesterday VENUS was more favourably aspected by its conjunction with 1st lord MERCURY and more removed from the conjunction with the transit 8th lord MARS.

ASSESSMENT. This suggests to me that the POUND might do better in relation to the USD at this time. In other words, the pound would be expected to rise in value relative to the US dollar as it did.

Best wishes,

Thor

Dear Thor…

I once again congratulate you and John TWB and

others who worked so diligently to discover and confirm the correct chart for

the USA.

The recent significant events in the property,

housing and economic markets are clearly shown in the chart.

Perhaps you have already noticed the severe

problems that may also arise in the Saturn sub period that begins in late January.

Of significant concern is the transit of the

MMP, Saturn, in April, May, and June 2009, while it is over the Most Effective

Point of the chart, where it will be afflicting the second, fourth, eighth, and

eleventh houses, which will also have an impact on Sun and Venus, ruling the

second and fourth houses.

This transit could indicate a serious problem

for the wealth, status, family life, property and domestic peace/happiness for

the country.

In essence, there could be an accident or

deathlike experience for the leader of the country, which is represented by

both the Sun and the second house.

Perhaps this was already discussed, and is something

that might be worth watching.

Best wishes,

David Hawthorne

SAMVA

[sAMVA ] On Behalf Of Cosmologer

Thursday, September 18, 2008

12:24 AM

samva

Question on

currency strength

Dear friends,

I have been asked off list about the respective strength of

the charts of the USA and the UK, in terms of what is seen for

the indications of currency strength. In other words, would the

strength of one currency, based on the indications in that chart, be

seen to be better than that of the other, such that the exchange rate

would be expected to move in one way and not the other. In this regard, it

seems the USD is favoured considering the triple transit etc.

However, there has been a great rally in the pound. I was asked to give my

view on this.

I mentioned the following

things in realtion to this question.

Limits of MECHANICAL APPROACH. I

have for some time been vary of using astrology as a mechanical device to

predict the day to day reality for some indications. I find that following

individual indications may give rise to erroneous interpretations. I think the

karmic dynamics require a holistic approach to understanding the charts, which

is not easy. I asked the querent if he was sure the US chart dynamics were

helpful at the present time.

Limits of INTERPRETATION OF REALITY.

Elements like currency strength may be more difficult to assess than seems

at first blush. A strong currency may give people of the country more

purchasing capacity abroad, which would be good. Second, a strong currency may

also help to keep prices down, by not generating a rising import price level

associated with a depreciating currency. Thirdly, a strong currency may also

help to borrow abroad on favourable terms. All this seems to be true

for the USA and that would be good for the people. However, at the same

time the strong currency reduces the ability to sell and earn an income abroad.

It reduces the international competitiveness of the country. Over time, a

strong currency is associated with declining trade surpluses and at worst a

growing trade deficit and growing debt abroad. This seems to hold true for

the USA also. This is not considered positive. While on balance, the strong

currency is preferred to a weak one, it is not without problems or easy to

interpret the reality. In the USA, we have strong indicators of Currency (SUN,

2nd house, MOON, 11th house) while having also RAHU afflicting 10th house

(indicator of foreign trade). On the positive side we have MARS as 10th lord

that is strong and mutually aspecting 1st lord MOON in 11th house, which would

be very helpful to the conduct of foreign trade. So the currency of the country

is seen to be very strong but some problems have developed over international

trade, including a deficit. In short, it requires some care to evaluate the

reality in terms of the indications.

ANALYSIS. If we look at the

indications of the USD, the SUN which is also lord of the 2nd house, we see

that it is both weak in transit, its house is afflicted by both 6th lord

JUPITER and 8th lord SATURN and natally the SUN is being hammered by the

transit stationary nodes! This suggests an awful time for the Sun and its

indications. We also see this in the drop in the value of US stocks over

recent days, with global repercussions. The additional indicator of

currency strength, the MOON, was passing through an aspect of transit KETU

yesterday. Meanwhile its house was being closely aspected by transit 8th lord

SATURN, which is also afflicting the 2nd house MEP. The transis in the SAMVA

USA chart suggest to me the dollar, along with shares, would be quite

stressed at this time, and it was mentioned as a likely outcome in my

prediction of last year for this time.

In the Virgo rising UK chart, the

SUN is well placed in the 4th house, albeit harming the 4th and 10th

houses. Meanwhile, 2nd lord VENUS is strong and well placed in the 5th house.

Finally, 11th lord MOON is well placed albeit in old age in the 10th

house. This suggests overall, reasonable currency strength. In fact, the UK

Pound is an international currency, although there have been bouts of currency

depreciation in UK history. At the present time, 4th lord JUPITER is

conjunct the natal 12th lord SUN, which would be helpful to the

indications of the SUN, but not those of JUPITER. At the same time, JUPITER is

positively aspecting 6th lord SATURN which is afflicting the 12th and 2nd

house MEPs. This could be reducing the harm from this placement of SATURN.

Meanwhile, 2nd lord VENUS is debilitated in transit in Virgo and the 1st

house, which would not be so helpful. However, yesterday VENUS was

more favourably aspected by its conjunction with 1st lord

MERCURY and more removed from the conjunction with the transit 8th lord MARS.

ASSESSMENT. This suggests to me

that the POUND might do better in relation to the USD at this time. In other

words, the pound would be expected to rise in value relative to the US dollar

as it did.

Best wishes,

Thor

No virus found in this incoming

message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1677 - Release 9/17/2008 5:07

PM

Dear David,

Thanks for your kind words.

A few thoughts on what to expect during the Saturn station at around 21° Leo and 2nd house of the SAMVA USA chart from April to June 2009. Indeed, 8th lord SATURN will be exerting its influence on the 2nd house, 4th house, 8th house and 11th house at that time, as you note. This could be a trying time for the government and US dollar (2nd house) as well as collective harmony and the housing market (4th house) and income and plans (11th house). On the upside we can note that transit 2nd lord SUN will be free of the present nodal station and will also be transiting helpful signs/houses for most of the stationary period (see attached color coded table). This underpins a bit the indications of the 2nd house. However, as 6th lord JUPITER will be transiting the 8th house from early May to early August 2009, it can pick up some of the strain from the transit. Although Saturn's aspect to the 8th house is not harmful to its own indications, I suspect

it could make Jupiters stay there uncomfortable. I invite comment by on this question. In any event, given the strength of the SUN in transit for much of this time and natal Sun being free from affliction at that time, I would not expect the transit station of Saturn on the 2nd house MEP to be indicative of great risk to the President, only strain as noted above. However, as the Saturn period will be running from February 17, 2009, as you point out, it would tend to make the Saturn influences more keenly felt from that time onewards. I hope you find my thoughts on this question stimulating and we will wait and see how things work out in the USA at that time.

Sun

Jupiter

Saturn

Rahu

17°Pi34'

25°Cp08'

22°Le37'R

12°Cp58'

24°Pi28'

26°Cp25'

22°Le10'R

12°Cp40'

1°Ar20'

27°Cp36'

21°Le46'R

11°Cp30'

8°Ar10'

28°Cp41'

21°Le27'R

11°Cp14'

14°Ar59'

29°Cp41'

21°Le11'R

10°Cp07'

21°Ar47'

0°Aq34'

21°Le01'R

9°Cp48'

28°Ar32'

1°Aq19'

20°Le56'R

8°Cp36'

5°Ta17'

1°Aq57'

20°Le55'

8°Cp26'

12°Ta01'

2°Aq26'

21°Le00'

7°Cp36'

18°Ta44'

2°Aq47'

21°Le10'

7°Cp28'

25°Ta26'

2°Aq59'

21°Le25'

6°Cp42'

2°Ge07'

3°Aq01'R

21°Le44'

6°Cp45'

8°Ge48'

2°Aq54'R

22°Le08'

6°Cp23'

15°Ge28'

2°Aq37'R

22°Le36'

6°Cp25'

22°Ge09'

2°Aq12'R

23°Le08'

6°Cp11'

28°Ge49'

1°Aq38'R

23°Le43'

6°Cp15'D

5°Cn30'

0°Aq57'R

24°Le22'

6°Cp13'D

12°Cn11'

0°Aq10'R

25°Le04'

6°Cp12'D

18°Cn53'

29°Cp19'R

25°Le48'

6°Cp16'

25°Cn36'

28°Cp24'R

26°Le34'

6°Cp04'

2°Le19'

27°Cp30'R

27°Le23'

6°Cp06'

9°Le04'

26°Cp36'R

28°Le12'

5°Cp44'

15°Le50'

25°Cp45'R

29°Le03'

5°Cp48'

22°Le37'

25°Cp00'R

29°Le55'

5°Cp04'

29°Le26'

24°Cp21'R

0°Vi47'

4°Cp57

Best wishes,

Thor

David Hawthorne <davidSAMVA Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:59:05 PMRE: Question on currency strength

Dear Thor…

I once again congratulate you and John TWB and others who worked so diligently to discover and confirm the correct chart for the USA.

The recent significant events in the property, housing and economic markets are clearly shown in the chart.

Perhaps you have already noticed the severe problems that may also arise in the Saturn sub period that begins in late January.

Of significant concern is the transit of the MMP, Saturn, in April, May, and June 2009, while it is over the Most Effective Point of the chart, where it will be afflicting the second, fourth, eighth, and eleventh houses, which will also have an impact on Sun and Venus, ruling the second and fourth houses.

This transit could indicate a serious problem for the wealth, status, family life, property and domestic peace/happiness for the country.

In essence, there could be an accident or deathlike experience for the leader of the country, which is represented by both the Sun and the second house.

Perhaps this was already discussed, and is something that might be worth watching.

Best wishes,

David Hawthorne

SAMVA [sAMVA ] On Behalf Of CosmologerThursday, September 18, 2008 12:24 AMsamva Subject: Question on currency strength

Dear friends,

I have been asked off list about the respective strength of the charts of the USA and the UK, in terms of what is seen for the indications of currency strength. In other words, would the strength of one currency, based on the indications in that chart, be seen to be better than that of the other, such that the exchange rate would be expected to move in one way and not the other. In this regard, it seems the USD is favoured considering the triple transit etc. However, there has been a great rally in the pound. I was asked to give my view on this.

I mentioned the following things in realtion to this question.

Limits of MECHANICAL APPROACH. I have for some time been vary of using astrology as a mechanical device to predict the day to day reality for some indications. I find that following individual indications may give rise to erroneous interpretations. I think the karmic dynamics require a holistic approach to understanding the charts, which is not easy. I asked the querent if he was sure the US chart dynamics were helpful at the present time.

Limits of INTERPRETATION OF REALITY. Elements like currency strength may be more difficult to assess than seems at first blush. A strong currency may give people of the country more purchasing capacity abroad, which would be good. Second, a strong currency may also help to keep prices down, by not generating a rising import price level associated with a depreciating currency. Thirdly, a strong currency may also help to borrow abroad on favourable terms. All this seems to be true for the USA and that would be good for the people. However, at the same time the strong currency reduces the ability to sell and earn an income abroad. It reduces the international competitiveness of the country. Over time, a strong currency is associated with declining trade surpluses and at worst a growing trade deficit and

growing debt abroad. This seems to hold true for the USA also. This is not considered positive. While on balance, the strong currency is preferred to a weak one, it is not without problems or easy to interpret the reality. In the USA, we have strong indicators of Currency (SUN, 2nd house, MOON, 11th house) while having also RAHU afflicting 10th house (indicator of foreign trade). On the positive side we have MARS as 10th lord that is strong and mutually aspecting 1st lord MOON in 11th house, which would be very helpful to the conduct of foreign trade. So the currency of the country is seen to be very strong but some problems have developed over international trade, including a deficit. In short, it requires some care to evaluate the reality in terms of the indications.

ANALYSIS. If we look at the indications of the USD, the SUN which is also lord of the 2nd house, we see that it is both weak in transit, its house is afflicted by both 6th lord JUPITER and 8th lord SATURN and natally the SUN is being hammered by the transit stationary nodes! This suggests an awful time for the Sun and its indications. We also see this in the drop in the value of US stocks over recent days, with global repercussions. The additional indicator of currency strength, the MOON, was passing through an aspect of transit KETU yesterday. Meanwhile its house was being closely aspected by transit 8th lord SATURN, which is also afflicting the 2nd house MEP. The transis in the SAMVA USA chart suggest to me the dollar, along with shares, would be quite stressed at this time, and it was mentioned as a likely outcome

in my prediction of last year for this time.

In the Virgo rising UK chart, the SUN is well placed in the 4th house, albeit harming the 4th and 10th houses. Meanwhile, 2nd lord VENUS is strong and well placed in the 5th house. Finally, 11th lord MOON is well placed albeit in old age in the 10th house. This suggests overall, reasonable currency strength. In fact, the UK Pound is an international currency, although there have been bouts of currency depreciation in UK history. At the present time, 4th lord JUPITER is conjunct the natal 12th lord SUN, which would be helpful to the indications of the SUN, but not those of JUPITER. At the same time, JUPITER is positively aspecting 6th lord SATURN which is afflicting the 12th and 2nd house MEPs. This could be reducing the harm from this placement of SATURN. Meanwhile, 2nd lord VENUS is debilitated in

transit in Virgo and the 1st house, which would not be so helpful. However, yesterday VENUS was more favourably aspected by its conjunction with 1st lord MERCURY and more removed from the conjunction with the transit 8th lord MARS.

ASSESSMENT. This suggests to me that the POUND might do better in relation to the USD at this time. In other words, the pound would be expected to rise in value relative to the US dollar as it did.

Best wishes,

Thor

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.comVersion: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1677 - Release 9/17/2008 5:07 PM