Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

dear honorable THOR,

SO nice to read your all postings and seems like either ISRAEL OR US will have

to take some actions sooner or later; though i hope not because that means this

world will again be full with terrorist who want to kill each other on the name

of religion.

also i wanted to know your opinion about GENERAL MOTORS IN USA as it will affect

every person i believe here in usa atleast in near term for next couple of

years, i do not what is your expert opinion on that?

will it go bankrupt?or is it already bankrupt and just have to accept that yes

we going in bankruptcy?????

thank you for responding

vinod

Guest guest

Dear Vinod,

Thank you for the kind words. While we should definitely hope the peace prevails we need to be prepared for things not working out so well, given the transit dynamics seen in the charts of Iran, Israel, USA and UK this year and next.

As for the status of General Motors, I am not following this issue specifically. That said, the status of the company has been made public. Perhaps other list members would like to comment on it.

As for analysing the prospects for the automotive sector in the USA, has commented we should also consider the indications of the 3rd house and its lord in the SAMVA USA chart.

Best wishes,

Thor

vinod052647 <modivinod62SAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:35:45 PM general motorsdear honorable THOR,SO nice to read your all postings and seems like either ISRAEL OR US will have to take some actions sooner or later; though i hope not because that means this world will again be full with terrorist who want to kill each other on the name of religion.also i wanted to know your opinion about GENERAL MOTORS IN USA as it will affect every person i believe here in usa atleast in near term for next couple of years, i do not what is your expert opinion on that?will it go bankrupt?or is it already bankrupt and just have to accept that yes we going in bankruptcy?????thank you

for respondingvinod---

Guest guest

thank you for replying,again please excuse me for my ignorance but when you mentioned 3rd house and its lord will you please expand the explanation and what should you expect?again with much regards and so sorry for the ignorance but would like to know this for sure! ! !

vinod On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Cosmologer <cosmologer wrote:

Dear Vinod,

Thank you for the kind words.  While we should definitely hope the peace prevails we need to be prepared for things not working out so well, given the transit dynamics seen in the charts of Iran, Israel, USA and UK this year and next.

As for the status of General Motors, I am not following this issue specifically. That said, the status of the company has been made public. Perhaps other list members would like to comment on it.

As for analysing the prospects for the automotive sector in the USA,  has commented we should also consider the indications of the 3rd house and its lord in the SAMVA USA chart.

Best wishes,

Thor

vinod052647 <modivinod62SAMVA

Monday, May 25, 2009 3:35:45 PM general motorsdear honorable THOR,

SO nice to read your all postings and seems like either ISRAEL OR US will have to take some actions sooner or later; though i hope not because that means this world will again be full with terrorist who want to kill each other on the name of religion.

also i wanted to know your opinion about GENERAL MOTORS IN USA as it will affect every person i believe here in usa atleast in near term for next couple of years, i do not what is your expert opinion on that?will it go bankrupt?or is it already bankrupt and just have to accept that yes we going in bankruptcy?????

thank you

for respondingvinod---

Guest guest

Hello Vinod,

While Rahu was transiting over the placement of 3rd lord Mercury at 12° 05' Capricorn and 7th house, from late November 2008 to the present time, the stress has been considerable in the automotive sector.

The stress would have been greatest when the nodes were stationary around 15° in January to March 2009. Adding to the difficulty was the affliction of transit Ketu in Cancer to 10th lord Mars at 10° Scorpio and the 5th house. Mars is the general indicator for industry.

The tension in automotive industry was greatests in the Spring of 2009 when both Mercury and Mars were afflicted by the Moon's nodes. According to this, the worst is over for now in the Automotive sector.

TIMELINE: Auto industry in crisis

Fri May 1, 2009 7:27am EDT

Oct. 23/24, 2008 - General Motors (GM.N) and Chrysler [CBS.UL], which at the time are discussing a merger, pledge to cut jobs and close plants as the downturn in auto sales deepens.

Dec. 4 - The heads of GM, Ford (F.N) and Chrysler travel from Detroit to Washington in hybrid vehicles packed with action plans a month after being mocked for coming to earlier congressional hearings on private jets without detailed plans to revitalise their companies. They agree to work for $1 a year if lawmakers approve their bids for emergency government aid totalling $34 billion.

Dec. 19 - The U.S. announces a $17.4 billion lifeline to Detroit carmakers from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief (TARP) programme. GM is to receive $13.4 billion and Chrysler $4 billion. Ford says it does not need a loan.

Jan. 20 - Fiat and Chrysler strike a deal giving the Italian manufacturer a 35 percent stake in exchange for access to technology and overseas markets.

Feb. 17 - GM and Chrysler request nearly $22 billion in additional U.S. government loans.

March 19 - The U.S. Treasury pledges $5 billion to aid auto suppliers crucial to the survival of the industry.

March 29 - GM Chief Executive Rick Wagoner resigns. The board of Peugeot Citroen fires Chief Executive Christian Streiff.

March 30 - Canada offers C$4 billion ($3.2 billion) in bridge loans to the Canadian branches of GM and Chrysler.

April 23 - U.S. industrywide retail auto sales decline about 33 percent in the first 16 days of April compared to a year ago, J.D. Power and Associates says.

April 24 - GM draws another $2 billion in government aid.

April 27 - GM offers its final plan to reorganize outside bankruptcy by slashing bond debt, cutting a further 21,000-plus U.S. jobs and emerging as a nationalized automaker under majority control of the U.S. government.

April 30 - Chrysler files for bankruptcy protection, saying it will sell its Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge brands into a new company to be owned by the government, Italian carmaker Fiat SpA and Chrysler workers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bankruptcyNews/idUSL117192120090501

Two aspect bear watching in the months ahead.

1. Transit Jupiter stationary at 23° Capricorn will cast an aspect to the 3rd house, suggesting financial stability concerns will reemerge for the auto-industry.

2. When transit 8th lord Saturn becomes stationary at 10° Virgo and 3rd house in late 2009 and in the first months of 2010, it will be in aspect to natal Mars. This suggest formidable obstructions for the indications of Mars at that time. However, the natal strength of Mars and the good aspect it receives from 1st lord Moon should give it enought natal strength to repel the transit difficulties without enduring permanent damage.

Best wishes,

Thor

Vinod Modi <modivinod62SAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 7:44:40 PMRe: general motors

thank you for replying,again please excuse me for my ignorance but when you mentioned 3rd house and its lord will you please expand the explanation and what should you expect?again with much regards and so sorry for the ignorance but would like to know this for sure! ! !vinod

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Cosmologer <cosmologer wrote:

Dear Vinod,

Thank you for the kind words. While we should definitely hope the peace prevails we need to be prepared for things not working out so well, given the transit dynamics seen in the charts of Iran, Israel, USA and UK this year and next.

As for analysing the prospects for the automotive sector in the USA, has commented we should also consider the indications of the 3rd house and its lord in the SAMVA USA chart.

Best wishes,

Thor

vinod052647 <modivinod62SAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:35:45 PM general motors

dear honorable THOR,SO nice to read your all postings and seems like either ISRAEL OR US will have to take some actions sooner or later; though i hope not because that means this world will again be full with terrorist who want to kill each other on the name of religion.also i wanted to know your opinion about GENERAL MOTORS IN USA as it will affect every person i believe here in usa atleast in near term for next couple of years, i do not what is your expert opinion on that?will it go bankrupt?or is it already bankrupt and just have to accept that yes we going in bankruptcy?????thank you for respondingvinod---

Guest guest

Dear list members,

I forgot two important influences for the auto industry story:

- transit debilitated 6th lord Jupiter went over natal 3rd lord Mercury in Capricorn and also became conjunct transit stationary Rahu. This malefic combination over natal Mercury explains the significant problems for the autoindustry.

- another influence from December 2008 to February 2009 was the aspect of natal 8th lord Saturn in Scorpio to transit stationary Saturn at 27° Leo. This aspect created all kinds of problems, concerning e.g. easy gains and legitimacy. Do you remember when the chief executives of the automakers flew into Washington DC in private jets in December 2008 to appear before Congress to plead for public handouts!

Best wishes,

Thor

Cosmologer <cosmologerSAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 9:28:03 PMRe: general motors

Hello Vinod,

While Rahu was transiting over the placement of 3rd lord Mercury at 12° 05' Capricorn and 7th house, from late November 2008 to the present time, the stress has been considerable in the automotive sector.

The stress would have been greatest when the nodes were stationary around 15° in January to March 2009. Adding to the difficulty was the affliction of transit Ketu in Cancer to 10th lord Mars at 10° Scorpio and the 5th house. Mars is the general indicator for industry.

The tension in automotive industry was greatests in the Spring of 2009 when both Mercury and Mars were afflicted by the Moon's nodes. According to this, the worst is over for now in the Automotive sector.

Oct. 23/24, 2008 - General Motors (GM.N) and Chrysler [CBS.UL], which at the time are discussing a merger, pledge to cut jobs and close plants as the downturn in auto sales deepens.

Dec. 4 - The heads of GM, Ford (F.N) and Chrysler travel from Detroit to Washington in hybrid vehicles packed with action plans a month after being mocked for coming to earlier congressional hearings on private jets without detailed plans to revitalise their companies. They agree to work for $1 a year if lawmakers approve their bids for emergency government aid totalling $34 billion.

Dec. 19 - The U.S. announces a $17.4 billion lifeline to Detroit carmakers from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief (TARP) programme. GM is to receive $13.4 billion and Chrysler $4 billion. Ford says it does not need a loan.

Jan. 20 - Fiat and Chrysler strike a deal giving the Italian manufacturer a 35 percent stake in exchange for access to technology and overseas markets.

Feb. 17 - GM and Chrysler request nearly $22 billion in additional U.S. government loans.

March 19 - The U.S. Treasury pledges $5 billion to aid auto suppliers crucial to the survival of the industry.

March 29 - GM Chief Executive Rick Wagoner resigns. The board of Peugeot Citroen fires Chief Executive Christian Streiff.

March 30 - Canada offers C$4 billion ($3.2 billion) in bridge loans to the Canadian branches of GM and Chrysler.

April 23 - U.S. industrywide retail auto sales decline about 33 percent in the first 16 days of April compared to a year ago, J.D. Power and Associates says.

April 27 - GM offers its final plan to reorganize outside bankruptcy by slashing bond debt, cutting a further 21,000-plus U.S. jobs and emerging as a nationalized automaker under majority control of the U.S. government.

April 30 - Chrysler files for bankruptcy protection, saying it will sell its Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge brands into a new company to be owned by the government, Italian carmaker Fiat SpA and Chrysler workers.

1. Transit Jupiter stationary at 23° Capricorn will cast an aspect to the 3rd house, suggesting financial stability concerns will reemerge for the auto-industry.

2. When transit 8th lord Saturn becomes stationary at 10° Virgo and 3rd house in late 2009 and in the first months of 2010, it will be in aspect to natal Mars. This suggest formidable obstructions for the indications of Mars at that time. However, the natal strength of Mars and the good aspect it receives from 1st lord Moon should give it enought natal strength to repel the transit difficulties without enduring permanent damage.

Best wishes,

Thor

Vinod Modi <modivinod62SAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 7:44:40 PMRe: general motors

thank you for replying,again please excuse me for my ignorance but when you mentioned 3rd house and its lord will you please expand the explanation and what should you expect?again with much regards and so sorry for the ignorance but would like to know this for sure! ! !vinod

Dear Vinod,

Best wishes,

Thor

vinod052647 <modivinod62SAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:35:45 PM general motors

dear honorable THOR,SO nice to read your all postings and seems like either ISRAEL OR US will have to take some actions sooner or later; though i hope not because that means this world will again be full with terrorist who want to kill each other on the name of religion.also i wanted to know your opinion about GENERAL MOTORS IN USA as it will affect every person i believe here in usa atleast in near term for next couple of years, i do not what is your expert opinion on that?will it go bankrupt?or is it already bankrupt and just have to accept that yes we going in bankruptcy?????thank you for respondingvinod---

Guest guest

Addendum:

1. transit Jupiter went over natal Mercury and stationary Rahu in late January and mid February.

Correction:

2. it was the aspect of transit Jupiter in 6th house of controversy to transit 8th lord Saturn in 2nd house of status in November, which created the flap over the auto execs profligacy.

Cosmologer <cosmologerSAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 10:28:58 PMRe: general motors

Dear list members,

- transit debilitated 6th lord Jupiter went over natal 3rd lord Mercury in Capricorn and also became conjunct transit stationary Rahu. This malefic combination over natal Mercury explains the significant problems for the autoindustry.

- another influence from December 2008 to February 2009 was the aspect of natal 8th lord Saturn in Scorpio to transit stationary Saturn at 27° Leo. This aspect created all kinds of problems, concerning e.g. easy gains and legitimacy. Do you remember when the chief executives of the automakers flew into Washington DC in private jets in December 2008 to appear before Congress to plead for public handouts!

Best wishes,

Thor

Cosmologer <cosmologerSAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 9:28:03 PMRe: general motors

Hello Vinod,

Best wishes,

Thor

Dear Vinod,

Best wishes,

Thor

Guest guest

Dear friends,

Here is one journalists take on what bankruptcy would mean for the giant US automaker GM. The conclusion he reaches is that wouldn't be so bad for the company.

Best wishes,

Thor

What a post-bankruptcy GM will look like

NEW YORK (Fortune) - May 27, 2009 - A bankruptcy filing for General Motors could come in the next few days, now that GM bondholders have rejected a proposed swap of $27 billion in unsecured company debt for 10% of GM's stock. Up until a few months ago, bankruptcy for the corporate giant was nearly unthinkable. Former CEO Rick Wagoner all but refused to utter the word, so convinced was he that it would be fatal to customers' confidence in GM's brands.

Now, maybe, it doesn't look so bad. GM (GM, Fortune 500) is still selling cars and trucks, despite all the bad news associated with the company. And Chrysler is on the verge of exiting from its bankruptcy in record time. Already, we are told, the new guys from Fiat are getting ready to make over the company and blitz consumers with new and improved Italian-American products. Perhaps bankruptcy is a good thing.

But let's pause for a minute and think about what a post-bankruptcy GM will actually look like. As it stands now, the new GM will be shorn of some of those nasty money-losing bits that so bothered the old GM. Hummer is for sale. Just getting rid of it will be a public relations plus. GM will get all those nasty environmentalists off its back. Saab is for sale too. The list of potential suitors has been reduced from ten to three and the Swedish government is acting as marriage broker. No more parts sharing with Opel, though, and no more economies of scale. For that matter, no more Opel. GM has spun off its European operations and the bidders are lining up. Get out your scorecards: They include the aforementioned Fiat; Magna International (MGA), the big Canadian parts maker; Beijing Automotive Industry Corp., a major Chinese automotive manufacturer; and RHJ International (RHJIF) of

Belgium, a diversified holding company. Saturn goes away as well. Roger Penske, distributor of Smart cars, may be a buyer. He wants to import Renault Samsung Motors cars built in Korea and sell them through Saturn dealers. He couldn't do much worse than GM did selling rebadged Opels through Saturn stores. Pontiac is kaput. GM's third most popular brand is done for. Sayonara.

Remove GM from the Dow

What this all means is that is that GM continues to shrink like an iceberg in Lake Michigan. Its U.S. market share has already plunged from 21.9% to 19.2% this year. Taking out Hummer, Saab, Saturn, and Pontiac will bring it down to 16.4% at current rates. Since GM is in the process of axing 1,124 dealers, you can figure on it losing another point or so there as well. For those keeping score at home, Toyota's U.S. market share was 16.1% for the first four months of the year; Ford's (F, Fortune 500) was 15.1%. GM could be a third-place company before long.

New government fuel economy regulations also face GM as it emerges from bankruptcy -- 39 miles per gallon for cars and 30 mpg for trucks by 2016. GM likes to brag about all the cars it makes that get 30 miles per gallon but it is still a long way from 39 mpg. It has already announced it is discontinuing its five high-performance models. Expect other high-horsepower models like Camaro to vanish as well.

Anyone for a four-cylinder Corvette?

The government is likely to loom larger in other GM actions post-bankruptcy, since it will own 70% of the company. Although it disclaims any interest in micromanaging the automaker, it wouldn't be human if it didn't try to make some helpful suggestions.

Such as asking GM, why are you spending $1 billion on the Volt extended-range electric vehicle when you're not going to make a profit on it? Or, why do you need the GMC brand when it essentially duplicates the Chevrolet truck lineup? And don't forget the United Auto Workers, who could wind up owning up to 20% of a reorganized GM. GM has already agreed to spare two plants that had been targeted for closure at the behest of the UAW. And it is taking back five UAW plants that had been mired in the bankruptcy of GM's old parts making unit, Delphi (DPHIQ, Fortune 500). What else is on the union's wish list? So a restructured, post-bankruptcy GM may look a whole lot fitter than the old model. But it sure will be different, and it may not find life a whole lot easier.

Cosmologer <cosmologerSAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 10:33:45 PMRe: general motors

Addendum:

1. transit Jupiter went over natal Mercury and stationary Rahu in late January and mid February.

Correction:

2. it was the aspect of transit Jupiter in 6th house of controversy to transit 8th lord Saturn in 2nd house of status in November, which created the flap over the auto execs profligacy.

Cosmologer <cosmologerSAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 10:28:58 PMRe: general motors

Dear list members,

Best wishes,

Thor

Hello Vinod,

Best wishes,

Thor

Dear Vinod,

Best wishes,

Thor

Guest guest

Dear friends,

While GM may not avoid bankruptcy, the way is being paved for continued operations. GM has long been considered the most important company in the USA.

Major GM bondholders OK revised deal

GM reports that bondholders would get an increased stake in the company if they agree to not fight plans for a quick bankruptcy turnaround.

May 28, 2009: 10:19 AM ET

DETROIT'S DOWNFALL

Chrysler fate in judge's hands Major GM bondholders OK revised deal Visteon files for Chapter 11 Fiat was Chrysler's only option Germany to shield Opel from GM bankruptcy

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Treasury Department and a committee of major bondholders at General Motors have reached a deal that could give creditors a larger stake in GM than previously offered as long as they agree not to fight the government's plans for a quick bankruptcy at GM.

The agreement, revealed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing by GM (GM, Fortune 500) early Thursday, would essentially give the bondholders 10% of the company but also give them the rights to buy an additional 15% of the company's stock at a low price.

The deal is unlikely to allow GM to avoid bankruptcy, however. In fact, the new offer is structured so that the assets of GM that would remain in bankruptcy would receive a 10% stake in a "new GM" that would be used to pay bondholders. The old GM would also technically receive the right to buy the 15% stake in the new company that emerges from bankruptcy.

Best wishes,

Thor

Cosmologer <cosmologerSAMVA Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:02:03 PMRe: general motors

Dear friends,

Here is one journalists take on what bankruptcy would mean for the giant US automaker GM. The conclusion he reaches is that wouldn't be so bad for the company.

Best wishes,

Thor

What a post-bankruptcy GM will look like

NEW YORK (Fortune) - May 27, 2009 - A bankruptcy filing for General Motors could come in the next few days, now that GM bondholders have rejected a proposed swap of $27 billion in unsecured company debt for 10% of GM's stock. Up until a few months ago, bankruptcy for the corporate giant was nearly unthinkable. Former CEO Rick Wagoner all but refused to utter the word, so convinced was he that it would be fatal to customers' confidence in GM's brands.

Now, maybe, it doesn't look so bad. GM (GM, Fortune 500) is still selling cars and trucks, despite all the bad news associated with the company. And Chrysler is on the verge of exiting from its bankruptcy in record time. Already, we are told, the new guys from Fiat are getting ready to make over the company and blitz consumers with new and improved Italian-American products. Perhaps bankruptcy is a good thing.

But let's pause for a minute and think about what a post-bankruptcy GM will actually look like. As it stands now, the new GM will be shorn of some of those nasty money-losing bits that so bothered the old GM. Hummer is for sale. Just getting rid of it will be a public relations plus. GM will get all those nasty environmentalists off its back. Saab is for sale too. The list of potential suitors has been reduced from ten to three and the Swedish government is acting as marriage broker. No more parts sharing with Opel, though, and no more economies of scale. For that matter, no more Opel. GM has spun off its European operations and the bidders are lining up. Get out your scorecards: They include the aforementioned Fiat; Magna International (MGA), the big Canadian parts maker; Beijing Automotive Industry Corp., a major Chinese automotive manufacturer; and RHJ International (RHJIF) of

Belgium, a diversified holding company. Saturn goes away as well. Roger Penske, distributor of Smart cars, may be a buyer. He wants to import Renault Samsung Motors cars built in Korea and sell them through Saturn dealers. He couldn't do much worse than GM did selling rebadged Opels through Saturn stores. Pontiac is kaput. GM's third most popular brand is done for. Sayonara.

Remove GM from the Dow

What this all means is that is that GM continues to shrink like an iceberg in Lake Michigan. Its U.S. market share has already plunged from 21.9% to 19.2% this year. Taking out Hummer, Saab, Saturn, and Pontiac will bring it down to 16.4% at current rates. Since GM is in the process of axing 1,124 dealers, you can figure on it losing another point or so there as well. For those keeping score at home, Toyota's U.S. market share was 16.1% for the first four months of the year; Ford's (F, Fortune 500) was 15.1%. GM could be a third-place company before long.

New government fuel economy regulations also face GM as it emerges from bankruptcy -- 39 miles per gallon for cars and 30 mpg for trucks by 2016. GM likes to brag about all the cars it makes that get 30 miles per gallon but it is still a long way from 39 mpg. It has already announced it is discontinuing its five high-performance models. Expect other high-horsepower models like Camaro to vanish as well.

Anyone for a four-cylinder Corvette?

The government is likely to loom larger in other GM actions post-bankruptcy, since it will own 70% of the company. Although it disclaims any interest in micromanaging the automaker, it wouldn't be human if it didn't try to make some helpful suggestions.

Such as asking GM, why are you spending $1 billion on the Volt extended-range electric vehicle when you're not going to make a profit on it? Or, why do you need the GMC brand when it essentially duplicates the Chevrolet truck lineup? And don't forget the United Auto Workers, who could wind up owning up to 20% of a reorganized GM. GM has already agreed to spare two plants that had been targeted for closure at the behest of the UAW. And it is taking back five UAW plants that had been mired in the bankruptcy of GM's old parts making unit, Delphi (DPHIQ, Fortune 500). What else is on the union's wish list? So a restructured, post-bankruptcy GM may look a whole lot fitter than the old model. But it sure will be different, and it may not find life a whole lot easier.

Cosmologer <cosmologerSAMVA Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 10:33:45 PMRe: general motors

Addendum:

Correction:

Dear list members,

Best wishes,

Thor

Hello Vinod,

Best wishes,

Thor

Dear Vinod,

Best wishes,

Thor