IndiaDivine.org

Nasa successfully launches new Ares I-X rocket

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello dear list members,

Today Nasa launched a new rocket that represents a major advance in rocket science. It was an unmanned test flight that lasted only a few minutes, but observers could not but be impressed with the sheer size and power of this rocket. One thing is sure, the USA still leads the world in this technology.

Nasa launches rocket successfully

The US space agency (Nasa) has launched a prototype rocket designed to replace the ageing space shuttle. The Ares I-X blasted off from Florida on a flight that will test technology for the development of a future manned launch vehicle. The 100m-tall, syringe-like rocket roared into the sky at 1530 GMT from Nasa's Kennedy Space Center. The stick-thin launcher is the first Nasa has built in more than three decades, but its future is uncertain. The $450m (300m euros; £275m) Ares I-X is what Nasa describes as a "Pathfinder" vehicle. It was designed to climb about 40km (25 miles) into the sky during the powered phase of its two-minute flight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8330424.stm

Latest Ares I-X Launch News

Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:18:57 PM UTC

NASA's Ares I-X test rocket lifted off at 11:30 a.m. EDT Wednesday from NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida for a two-minute powered flight. The flight test lasted about six minutes from its launch from the newly modified Launch Pad 39B until splashdown of the rocket's booster stage nearly 150 miles downrange.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/constellation/ares/flighttests/aresIx/index.html

SAMVA USA Chart dynamics at launch

- transit 10L Mars in 1st house aspects:

-- natal 3rd lord Mercury in 7th house

-- transit 2L Sun in 4th house

-- transit 1L Moon in 8th house

- natal 10L Mars in 5th house aspects transit 1L Moon in 8th house.

Thor

1 of 1 Photo(s)