Guest guest

Hello Thor,

> There is an ongoing search for the authentic mundane national chart for

> Canada. Some historical events have been proposed as the basis of such a

> chart but no chart has emerged that meets all of the following criteria

> [...]

I don't know if this can be of some help, but I know of two charts for

Canada:

- 1867 North British America Act: Ottawa, july 1st 1867, 12h05 (LMT).

Source: Astrologer Rab Wilkie, citing a newspaper published on July 2, 1867:

" The 12:05 p.m. moment is based on an eye- (and ear-) witness account

published in the local Ottawa newspaper the following day [...] the time

[cited] was when the Canadian cannon boomed in a most public and ceremonial

manner. It was scheduled in fact for noon on the dot, but a dud fuse had to

be replaced which delayed the salute for 'about five minutes', according to

the newspaper reporter. " (Private correspondence with Wilkie, 9 Nov 1998.)

It is probably due to a similar research results that Campion states: " The

advent of the state was hailed at 00.05 hrs. by the ringing of bells and a

101-gun salute, although the legislation would have come into effect five

minutes earlier. " " The Book of World Horoscopes, " p. 110. "

- 1982 Patriation of the Constitution: Ottawa, April 17, 1982, 11h35. When

Her Majesty, The Queen Elizabeth II, signed the Act.

Source for both charts: Axel Harvey, Canadian Astrology Collection.

In my humble opinion, I would investigate the later.

--

Best regards,

Tibor

Hello Tibor,

Interesting choice as Campion does not give much import to this chart as Canada already had "attained independence" and this event "represents only a minor constitutional adjustment".

At first glance of the chart gives an promising result, with 12° 38' Cancer rising and 1st lord Moon on the MEP of 7th house. Canada would be an outward oriented country, showing a natural caring tendency in its foreign policy. That fits. The Rahu-Moon period is operating. 2nd lord Sun at 3° 48' Gemini and 10th house and 3rd lord Mercury at 10° 24' Gemini and MEP of the 10th house suggests status and efforts give fame. The executive branch of the government would be intelligent and analytical. The opposition to 6th lord Jupiter at 12° 54' Sagittarius and MEP of 4th house to Mercury, and Jupiter's aspect to the 8th, 10th and 12th houses suggest problems to do with conflict, most acutely felt with regard to communal harmony, especially as 4th lord Venus is badly placed at 18° Aquarius and 8th house. As Mercury is 3rd lord, it rules speech or language while Jupiter rules conflict. These placements go a long

way to explain the nature of the problem at the heart of the country - the French Canadian part of the country repeatedly talks about seceding from the Dominion. With 10th lord Mars placed at 10° Virgo, Canada's manufacturing industries would be oriented towards transportation and communication and analytic fields. Canada has developed an automotive sector that mostly services US car makers. Saturn as 8th lord at 24° Virgo in the 3rd house closely afflicts Rahu at 24° Gemini in the 12th house. There could be problems for manipulations in foreign matters or losses for sectors or activities linked to Rahu abroad. The upcoming nodal station will place a strain on the natal nodes, suggesting difficulty with regard to losses and financial stability, having to do with foreign countries. Moreover, transit stationary Saturn at 10° Virgo will afflict Mars as well as the 3rd house, 5th house,

9th house and 12th house. This suggests problems for foreign trade, manufacturing industry and the government, as well as the marital professions. The chart suggest shared influences with the USA

We look forward to hear about your findings with respect to this chart.

Thor

VENUSZ Tibor <tiborvenuszSAMVA Sent: Fri, December 4, 2009 12:55:33 PM Canada's chartsHello Thor,> There is an ongoing search for the authentic mundane national chart for > Canada. Some historical events have been proposed as the basis of such a > chart but no chart has emerged that meets all of the following criteria > [...]I don't know if this can be of some help, but I know of two charts for Canada:- 1867 North British America Act: Ottawa, july 1st 1867, 12h05 (LMT). Source: Astrologer Rab Wilkie, citing a newspaper published on July 2, 1867: "The 12:05 p.m. moment is based on an eye- (and ear-) witness account published

in the local Ottawa newspaper the following day [...] the time [cited] was when the Canadian cannon boomed in a most public and ceremonial manner. It was scheduled in fact for noon on the dot, but a dud fuse had to be replaced which delayed the salute for 'about five minutes', according to the newspaper reporter." (Private correspondence with Wilkie, 9 Nov 1998.) It is probably due to a similar research results that Campion states: "The advent of the state was hailed at 00.05 hrs. by the ringing of bells and a 101-gun salute, although the legislation would have come into effect five minutes earlier.The Book of World Horoscopes," p. 110."- 1982 Patriation of the Constitution: Ottawa, April 17, 1982, 11h35. When Her Majesty, The Queen Elizabeth II, signed the Act.Source for both charts: Axel Harvey, Canadian Astrology Collection.In my humble opinion, I would investigate the later.--

Best regards,Tibor---