IndiaDivine.org

Japan and Toyota

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Thor and list,

The problems at Toyota seem to be getting bigger with each passing day. It seems that the recall of their vehicles for the accelerator problems in certain vehicles and the brake problem in the Prius will be expensive for the company.

I had a look at the SAMVA tentative chart for Japan (3 May 1947, 0:00 am, Tokyo, Asc=3*25' Cap.) and there are some interesting indicators. Though you would not normally use a country's chart for looking at a company, Toyota is a giant company and, it seems to me, should have an effect on the country, particularly in losing face for a company that has had a very good track record on safety to date, at least from a public perception point of view.

Currently, Japan is running Saturn/Jupiter where Saturn is the lord of the 2nd placed in the 7th house in the natal chart. This Saturn suffers by receiving a natal affliction by Ketu from the 11th house and as such, the effects of this affliction will be felt in this main period. The main period of Saturn began in July 1992 and the economy has been "sluggish" through this Saturn period, though the next main period (Mercury) is coming in July 2011. I have a sense that Saturn, as the 2nd lord of financial issues also signifies neighbors so I think that part of the economic situation in Japan has been the influence and rise of China during this period.

Jupiter is the 12th lord placed in the 11th house in the natal chart and is weak due to infancy, though it is exalted in the D9. The exalted position of Jupiter in the D9 cannot overcome the weakness due to infancy. Jupiter natally afflicts the 11th, 5th, 3rd and 7th house MEPs.

Currently, Saturn, the main period lord and 2nd lord of status, is transiting the 9th house but is being afflicted by natal Rahu from the 5th house. Due to the current motion of transiting Saturn, retrograde and then station then direct, it will not escape this pattern until the end of September this year. I see that economic (2nd lord) progress (9th house) from consumer goods (5th house) will be hampered during this affliction period. With the transit Saturn in the 9th house, a Sun-like house, issues arising from this affliction will be magnified. As stated previously, this current transit affliction comes on top of the current natal affliction that Saturn receives from Ketu in the 11th house of income and gains.

Interestingly, vehicles are signified by the 4th house. Mars is the 4th lord and signifies vehicles (as well as accidents), and is currently transiting the 7th house of businesses and international trade. It is not only conjunct the main period lord, Saturn, but is also being afflicted from natal Ketu in the 11th house. Transit Mars too is also retrograding and so will not escape this affliction until the third week of April.

Transiting Ketu has been stationed in the 6th house of disputes though it will be moving on very soon. It has been widely afflicting natal Jupiter – the sub period lord. In the current context, this indicates that gains (11th house) that were made (sales of cars) are coming at a cost (12th house) - the cost of servicing the very large recall of Toyota vehicles. The sub period lord, Jupiter, is connected to cars at the moment by the 8th house aspect of transit Mars (4th lord of vehicles) to transit Jupiter in the 2nd house of status.

The Japan chart is still regarded as a tentative chart but with my limited research on some past events and the current problems at Toyota, this chart does seem to have some merit.

Regards,

Neville

Dear Neville,

Thanks for brining this to our attention.

Indeed, this setback should be read from the chart. In addition to Toyota, the mass recall has spread to Honda. As it involves the leading automakers, it should be considered a national setback.

One important point, in addition to the points raised by you. Some time ago pointed out that the automotive industry is linked to Mars, as a general indicator of manufacturing industry. It is also ruled by the 3rd house of transportation. You are, however, right that in traditional astrology the 4th house is considered to rule over conveyances. Natally, Mars is strong and well placed in the 3rd house. A debilitated transit Mars in the 7th house has recently come under the close aspect of natal Ketu, which is a non-trivial factor in this story of a sudden setback to the Japanese automotive industry. To this we could add that Venus as lord of the 10th house rules foreign trade. It is exalted in this chart, consistent with Japans strong export sector. Recently, transit Venus has been combust the Sun, undermining its strength. It is now well place in the MEP of the 2nd house of

wealth and assets. I would think that this situation will not have a long lasting influence on Japanese car exports. Indeed, the heads of the Japanese automakers involved have been quick to issue a mass recall of the defective models and to apologize for the accidents and inconvenience. The aspect of natal 2nd lord Saturn in the 7th house to transit Saturn in the 9th house would have been helpful to Japan to save face around the world at this time.

Let us see how the situation develops.

Thor

njlastro <nevillelangSAMVA Sent: Tue, February 9, 2010 1:35:59 PM Japan and Toyota

Dear Thor and list,

The problems at Toyota seem to be getting bigger with each passing day. It seems that the recall of their vehicles for the accelerator problems in certain vehicles and the brake problem in the Prius will be expensive for the company.

I had a look at the SAMVA tentative chart for Japan (3 May 1947, 0:00 am, Tokyo, Asc=3*25' Cap.) and there are some interesting indicators. Though you would not normally use a country's chart for looking at a company, Toyota is a giant company and, it seems to me, should have an effect on the country, particularly in losing face for a company that has had a very good track record on safety to date, at least from a public perception point of view.

Currently, Japan is running Saturn/Jupiter where Saturn is the lord of the 2nd placed in the 7th house in the natal chart. This Saturn suffers by receiving a natal affliction by Ketu from the 11th house and as such, the effects of this affliction will be felt in this main period. The main period of Saturn began in July 1992 and the economy has been "sluggish" through this Saturn period, though the next main period (Mercury) is coming in July 2011. I have a sense that Saturn, as the 2nd lord of financial issues also signifies neighbors so I think that part of the economic situation in Japan has been the influence and rise of China during this period.

Jupiter is the 12th lord placed in the 11th house in the natal chart and is weak due to infancy, though it is exalted in the D9. The exalted position of Jupiter in the D9 cannot overcome the weakness due to infancy. Jupiter natally afflicts the 11th, 5th, 3rd and 7th house MEPs.

Currently, Saturn, the main period lord and 2nd lord of status, is transiting the 9th house but is being afflicted by natal Rahu from the 5th house. Due to the current motion of transiting Saturn, retrograde and then station then direct, it will not escape this pattern until the end of September this year. I see that economic (2nd lord) progress (9th house) from consumer goods (5th house) will be hampered during this affliction period. With the transit Saturn in the 9th house, a Sun-like house, issues arising from this affliction will be magnified. As stated previously, this current transit affliction comes on top of the current natal affliction that Saturn receives from Ketu in the 11th house of income and gains.

Interestingly, vehicles are signified by the 4th house. Mars is the 4th lord and signifies vehicles (as well as accidents), and is currently transiting the 7th house of businesses and international trade. It is not only conjunct the main period lord, Saturn, but is also being afflicted from natal Ketu in the 11th house. Transit Mars too is also retrograding and so will not escape this affliction until the third week of April.

Transiting Ketu has been stationed in the 6th house of disputes though it will be moving on very soon. It has been widely afflicting natal Jupiter – the sub period lord. In the current context, this indicates that gains (11th house) that were made (sales of cars) are coming at a cost (12th house) - the cost of servicing the very large recall of Toyota vehicles. The sub period lord, Jupiter, is connected to cars at the moment by the 8th house aspect of transit Mars (4th lord of vehicles) to transit Jupiter in the 2nd house of status.

The Japan chart is still regarded as a tentative chart but with my limited research on some past events and the current problems at Toyota, this chart does seem to have some merit.

Regards,

Neville

Hello dear list memebers,

One correction and then a new insight.

First, there is one correction that needs to be made in my reply. The following

statement does not apply...

" The aspect of natal 2nd lord Saturn in the 7th house to transit Saturn in the

9th house would have been helpful to Japan to save face around the world at

this time. "

....as natal Saturn in the 7th house is closely afflicted by Ketu in the 11th

house, which weakens Saturn considerably.

Second, this placement of Saturn is consistent with the fact that Japan has not

been very influential in the foreign policy domain in the post war era. It could

reflect the trauma Japan received in World War II, after two decades of military

aggrandisement abroad to secure natural resources important for the countries

development. At the same time, as Moon is the dispositor of Saturn, and it is

placed ni the 9th house of fortune, and Mercury is Saturn's ultimate dispositor,

and it is favourably aspecting the 4th and 10th houses, there are benefits to

Japan seen from this combination. Indeed, Japan has followed the lead of the US

in foreign policy, mostly in the domain of commercial policy, and in doing so

the country has reaped through peaceful means the natural resources, foreign

trade gains, economic progress and the collective harmony it has sought.

To read more on this chart:

A mundane horoscope for Japan (January 23, 2008)

http://cosmologer.blogspot.com/2008/01/mundane-horoscope-for-japan.html

Thor

SAMVA , Cosmologer <cosmologer wrote:

>

> Dear Neville,

>

> Thanks for brining this to our attention.

>

> Indeed, this setback should be read from the chart. In addition to Toyota, the

mass recall has spread to Honda. As it involves the leading automakers, it

should be considered a national setback.

>

> One important point, in addition to the points raised by you. Some time

ago  pointed out that the automotive industry is linked

to Mars, as a general indicator of manufacturing industry. It is also ruled

by the 3rd house of transportation. You are, however, right that

in traditional astrology the 4th house is considered to rule over

conveyances. Natally, Mars is strong and well placed in the 3rd house. A

debilitated transit Mars in the 7th house has recently come under the close

aspect of natal Ketu, which is a non-trivial factor in this story of a sudden

setback to the Japanese automotive industry. To this we could add that Venus as

lord of the 10th house rules foreign trade. It is exalted in this chart,

consistent with Japans strong export sector. Recently, transit Venus has been

combust the Sun, undermining its strength. It is now well place in the MEP of

the 2nd house of wealth and assets. I would think that this

> situation will not have a long lasting influence on Japanese car exports.

Indeed, the heads of the Japanese automakers involved have been quick to issue

a mass recall of the defective models and to apologize for the accidents and

inconvenience. The aspect of natal 2nd lord Saturn in the 7th house to transit

Saturn in the 9th house would have been helpful to Japan to save face around

the world at this time.

>

> Let us see how the situation develops.

>

> Thor

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> njlastro <nevillelang

> SAMVA

> Tue, February 9, 2010 1:35:59 PM

> Japan and Toyota

>

>

>

>

>  

> Dear Thor and list,

>  

>  

> The problems at Toyota seem to be getting bigger with each passing day. It

seems that the recall of their vehicles for the accelerator problems in certain

vehicles and the brake problem in the Prius will be expensive for the company.

>  

> I had a look at the SAMVA tentative chart for Japan (3 May 1947, 0:00 am,

Tokyo, Asc=3*25' Cap.) and there are some interesting indicators. Though you

would not normally use a country's chart for looking at a company, Toyota is a

giant company and, it seems to me, should have an effect on the country,

particularly in losing face for a company that has had a very good track record

on safety to date, at least from a public perception point of view.

>  

> Currently, Japan is running Saturn/Jupiter where Saturn is the lord of the 2nd

placed in the 7th house in the natal chart. This Saturn suffers by receiving a

natal affliction by Ketu from the 11th house and as such, the effects of this

affliction will be felt in this main period. The main period of Saturn began in

July 1992 and the economy has been " sluggish " through this Saturn period, though

the next main period (Mercury) is coming in July 2011. I have a sense that

Saturn, as the 2nd lord of financial issues also signifies neighbors so I think

that part of the economic situation in Japan has been the influence and rise of

China during this period.

>  

> Jupiter is the 12th lord placed in the 11th house in the natal chart and is

weak due to infancy, though it is exalted in the D9. The exalted position of

Jupiter in the D9 cannot overcome the weakness due to infancy. Jupiter natally

afflicts the 11th, 5th, 3rd and 7th house MEPs.

>  

> Currently, Saturn, the main period lord and 2nd lord of status, is transiting

the 9th house but is being afflicted by natal Rahu from the 5th house. Due to

the current motion of transiting Saturn, retrograde and then station then

direct, it will not escape this pattern until the end of September this year. I

see that economic (2nd lord) progress (9th house) from consumer goods (5th

house) will be hampered during this affliction period. With the transit Saturn

in the 9th house, a Sun-like house, issues arising from this affliction will be

magnified.  As stated previously, this current transit affliction comes on top

of the current natal affliction that Saturn receives from Ketu in the 11th house

of income and gains.

>  

> Interestingly, vehicles are signified by the 4th house. Mars is the 4th lord

and signifies vehicles (as well as accidents), and is currently transiting the

7th house of businesses and international trade. It is not only conjunct the

main period lord, Saturn, but is also being afflicted from natal Ketu in the

11th house. Transit Mars too is also retrograding and so will not escape this

affliction until the third week of April.

>  

> Transiting Ketu has been stationed in the 6th house of disputes though it will

be moving on very soon. It has been widely afflicting natal Jupiter †" the sub

period lord. In the current context, this indicates that gains (11th house) that

were made (sales of cars) are coming at a cost (12th house) - the cost of

servicing the very large recall of Toyota vehicles. The sub period lord,

Jupiter, is connected to cars at the moment by the 8th house aspect of transit

Mars (4th lord of vehicles) to transit Jupiter in the 2nd house of status.

>  

> The Japan chart is still regarded as a tentative chart but with my limited

research on some past events and the current problems at Toyota, this chart does

seem to have some merit.

>  

> Regards,

> Neville

>  

>