Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Anna,

> If you could sense intention in my expression 'free reading hobbyist/

> you would recognize that on that ground I have identical stand point

> as you do. /easier to disagree with though, The message which I

> wrote in hurry, was meant to express my concern about more

> essential issues= not only those mentioned by my clumsy metaphor.

I think I see what you are saying. Actually, I misread "free reading hunter". I somehow misunderstood it as people who look for free reading material (as opposed to free readings/predictions, which you must've meant).

If an intelligent and sincere person is genuinely interested in learning this subject and does not want to pay much to get this knowledge, I will be happy to help him/her if the person deserves it.

Anyway, we both understand where each is coming from. So let me move on.

> PS- It would be great if you would post more, with your enthusiasm /if any is left?/ and profound knowledge> which can be found only in archived messages, now.

Thank you for the compliment! The enthusiasm is very much there, but it was directed inwards in the last one year rather than focussed on outward activities. I did some research into various topics. Putting food in mouth is easy, but digesting it and assimilating all the nutrients is a far more involved thing. I've been trying to digest and assimilate all the knowledge I gulped down in the last few years. It is essentially an activity focussed inwards.

To honor your request, I will explain the above astrologically. My birthdata is: 4th April 1970, 17:47:08 (IST), 81e08, 16n10.

Those who to "Jyotish Digest" should not miss a fantastic article by Sri G.K.Goel. He explained the use of a D-4 variation known as Parivritti Chaturthamsa (cyclical D-4), which he called H-4 and a D-5 variation known as Parivritti Panchamsa (cyclical D-5), which he called H-5.

Cyclical D-3 shows the initiative and skills going into one's activities. Cyclical D-4 shows the direction and focus of one's activities. Cyclical D-5 shows the creativity in one's activities. It shows the ability to put various things together and achieve harmony between various elements. I am giving my Parivritti based D-4 and D-5 below.

+--------------+| |Me Md |JuR Ve |Sa || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | ||-----------+-----------------------+-----------||Su Gk | |Ma || | | || | | || | | || | Chaturthamsa | ||-----------| |-----------||As HL | D-4 (Pv) | || | | || | | || | | || | | ||-----------+-----------------------+-----------||GL |Mo AL |Ra Ke | || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | |+--------------+

+--------------+| |Me Md |Ve GL |Sa || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | ||-----------+-----------------------+-----------||Su Ke | |As ||Gk | | || | | || | | || | Panchamsa | ||-----------| |-----------||HL | D-5 (Pv) |Ma Ra || | | || | | || | | || | | ||-----------+-----------------------+-----------|| |JuR |Mo AL | || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | |+--------------+

During 1998-2001, I was running Venus antardasa in Mercury dasa. Venus is well-placed in my D-24 (chart of learning) in the 9th house (house of teacher) and I received a lot of guidance in learning. He is the lord of 5th (abilities and scholarship) and 12th (giving) in my D-24 and occupies AL (arudha lagna - image as far as knowledge is concerned). Thus, he gives the image of a scholar who gives. His antardasa made me give (12th) and show off (AL) my scholarship (5th).

If you look at parivritti D-5, you do not find Venus placed in a trine (or even a quadrant). His antardasa is not very special as far as creativity and research are concerned. In parivritti D-4, however, Venus is in a trine with 3rd lord Jupiter. He shows a good and strong direction related to communications (3rd) related to traditional subjects (Jupiter).

Now, let us go analyze Moon antardasa that ran in the last one year. In parivritti D-4, Moon debilitated in the 11th house and is alone. Moon in the 11th house may give direction related to learning occult sciences (11th is 4th from 8th), but not really for communications. Moreover, Moon is in the 8th from dasa lord Mercury. So his dasa will remove some focus and direction from activities.

At the same time, Moon is lagna lord in parivritti D-5 and shows creativity. He is in a quadrant from dasa lord and from lagna too. Thus, he brings Vishnu's blessings in the matter of putting various elements together and creating things. Moreover, he is in one of the three most fruitful signs of the zodiac. Thus, he made me do a lot of research, put things together and understand them.

The recently started Mars antardasa is good for sharing knowledge, as Mars is in the 12th house of giving in D-24. Being a malefic (Mars is malefic for Ge lagna in D-24) in A2 in D-24, he gives some harsh (malefic) speech (A2) related to knowledge (D-24). However, he makes me give things and share. Hopefully, I will be able to give in the next one year. Being in a quadrant from Mercury and lagna in parivritti D-4, Mars will hopefully give some direction again. He will bring Vishnu's blessings related to direction and focus in activities.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

Dear Narasimha,

I don't see any disagreement here, either- You have already been accepted as an authority in Jyotish- however, as a knowledge-recipient, I can only be dissatisfied that your knowledge, zest for jyotish, have been missing here /compared with what I've seen before/ for quite awhile.

I wrote the message in a best faith, having SJC interest in mind, only- which is related to my study as well. I do appreciate your need to 'digest and assimilate' knowledge, that inward process which gives depth to our knowledge and understanding. Even though your contribution is missed, my message was directed to SJC in general, rather than to yourself / and your huge, irreplaceable role you've had in it/- that would be too presumptuous.

Thank you for bringing cyclical DDDDDs, HHHHHs, to my attention. Other members may appreciate direction and reference you've given here, as I am myself. I will study them, out of my inborn curiousity, but:

my knowledge level requires that I study, 'digest and assimilate' non-cyclical, basic DDDDs first!

Thanks for writing and for any messages you've planned to convey.

Best regards,

Anna

-

Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

varahamihira

Cc: jyotish-class

Sunday, August 17, 2003 1:02 AM

|Sri Varaha| To Anna: On knowledge sharing

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Anna,

> If you could sense intention in my expression 'free reading hobbyist/

> you would recognize that on that ground I have identical stand point

> as you do. /easier to disagree with though, The message which I

> wrote in hurry, was meant to express my concern about more

> essential issues= not only those mentioned by my clumsy metaphor.

I think I see what you are saying. Actually, I misread "free reading hunter". I somehow misunderstood it as people who look for free reading material (as opposed to free readings/predictions, which you must've meant).

If an intelligent and sincere person is genuinely interested in learning this subject and does not want to pay much to get this knowledge, I will be happy to help him/her if the person deserves it.

Anyway, we both understand where each is coming from. So let me move on.

> PS- It would be great if you would post more, with your enthusiasm /if any is left?/ and profound knowledge> which can be found only in archived messages, now.

Thank you for the compliment! The enthusiasm is very much there, but it was directed inwards in the last one year rather than focussed on outward activities. I did some research into various topics. Putting food in mouth is easy, but digesting it and assimilating all the nutrients is a far more involved thing. I've been trying to digest and assimilate all the knowledge I gulped down in the last few years. It is essentially an activity focussed inwards.

To honor your request, I will explain the above astrologically. My birthdata is: 4th April 1970, 17:47:08 (IST), 81e08, 16n10.

Those who to "Jyotish Digest" should not miss a fantastic article by Sri G.K.Goel. He explained the use of a D-4 variation known as Parivritti Chaturthamsa (cyclical D-4), which he called H-4 and a D-5 variation known as Parivritti Panchamsa (cyclical D-5), which he called H-5.

Cyclical D-3 shows the initiative and skills going into one's activities. Cyclical D-4 shows the direction and focus of one's activities. Cyclical D-5 shows the creativity in one's activities. It shows the ability to put various things together and achieve harmony between various elements. I am giving my Parivritti based D-4 and D-5 below.

+--------------+| |Me Md |JuR Ve |Sa || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | ||-----------+-----------------------+-----------||Su Gk | |Ma || | | || | | || | | || | Chaturthamsa | ||-----------| |-----------||As HL | D-4 (Pv) | || | | || | | || | | || | | ||-----------+-----------------------+-----------||GL |Mo AL |Ra Ke | || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | |+--------------+

+--------------+| |Me Md |Ve GL |Sa || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | ||-----------+-----------------------+-----------||Su Ke | |As ||Gk | | || | | || | | || | Panchamsa | ||-----------| |-----------||HL | D-5 (Pv) |Ma Ra || | | || | | || | | || | | ||-----------+-----------------------+-----------|| |JuR |Mo AL | || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | |+--------------+

During 1998-2001, I was running Venus antardasa in Mercury dasa. Venus is well-placed in my D-24 (chart of learning) in the 9th house (house of teacher) and I received a lot of guidance in learning. He is the lord of 5th (abilities and scholarship) and 12th (giving) in my D-24 and occupies AL (arudha lagna - image as far as knowledge is concerned). Thus, he gives the image of a scholar who gives. His antardasa made me give (12th) and show off (AL) my scholarship (5th).

If you look at parivritti D-5, you do not find Venus placed in a trine (or even a quadrant). His antardasa is not very special as far as creativity and research are concerned. In parivritti D-4, however, Venus is in a trine with 3rd lord Jupiter. He shows a good and strong direction related to communications (3rd) related to traditional subjects (Jupiter).

Now, let us go analyze Moon antardasa that ran in the last one year. In parivritti D-4, Moon debilitated in the 11th house and is alone. Moon in the 11th house may give direction related to learning occult sciences (11th is 4th from 8th), but not really for communications. Moreover, Moon is in the 8th from dasa lord Mercury. So his dasa will remove some focus and direction from activities.

At the same time, Moon is lagna lord in parivritti D-5 and shows creativity. He is in a quadrant from dasa lord and from lagna too. Thus, he brings Vishnu's blessings in the matter of putting various elements together and creating things. Moreover, he is in one of the three most fruitful signs of the zodiac. Thus, he made me do a lot of research, put things together and understand them.

The recently started Mars antardasa is good for sharing knowledge, as Mars is in the 12th house of giving in D-24. Being a malefic (Mars is malefic for Ge lagna in D-24) in A2 in D-24, he gives some harsh (malefic) speech (A2) related to knowledge (D-24). However, he makes me give things and share. Hopefully, I will be able to give in the next one year. Being in a quadrant from Mercury and lagna in parivritti D-4, Mars will hopefully give some direction again. He will bring Vishnu's blessings related to direction and focus in activities.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Narasimha, Dear Anna and List,

Thank you for sharing your charts and information and giving this detailed analysis for us Narasimha, very helpful for learning.

My question is very basic. I have PL and realize that you are familiar with your own great program and not PL but found due to your sharing charts that in PL we are given more than one version of each of these divisional charts.

The first one has the name of the chart as you've written them but for eight of the divisional charts there is a second chart with the same name with 'Iyer' written following the divisional name, ie: Chaturthamsa Iyer - These charts with Iyer added after their name are at the bottom of the list with the plain titles for each divisional chart at the top. I was not understanding why there were these additional charts and had assumed the plain title to be the correct chart and have been using these incorrect versions. Now seeing what you've shared and showed with your specific divisional charts, I see it is this bottom listing with the word 'Iyer' following that matches your charts. Can someone please explain this - there is nothing in the manuals regarding this in PL. I haven't seen anything written regarding this in any books or emails.

Many many thanks and all kindest regards,

Patrice

Dear Narasimha and list,

After going over this again I see that you are referring to 'cyclical' variations of D-3, D-4, and D-5 which apparently is what is referred to in PL as 'Iyer' following their names. I got sidetracked on the charts and didn't look fully enough at your mail. I see this explanation you gave is referring to exactly my question on my last email, please forgive my lack of focusing on this more clearly on your note.

Many thanks and all blessings,

Patrice

Narasimha wrote:

Dear Patrice,

Do you have new version of PL?I've found mistakes in Jaimini part- have to check out with another program. I am wondering if the new one would allow us to copy/paste ddirectly, instead of going through clipboard, haven't explored this one yet. You can choose dasa that suits your needs- great, indeed.

Love,

Anna

-

Patrice Curry

varahamihira

Sunday, August 17, 2003 10:19 AM

Re: |Sri Varaha| To Anna: On knowledge sharing

Dear Narasimha, Dear Anna and List,

Thank you for sharing your charts and information and giving this detailed analysis for us Narasimha, very helpful for learning.

My question is very basic. I have PL and realize that you are familiar with your own great program and not PL but found due to your sharing charts that in PL we are given more than one version of each of these divisional charts.

The first one has the name of the chart as you've written them but for eight of the divisional charts there is a second chart with the same name with 'Iyer' written following the divisional name, ie: Chaturthamsa Iyer - These charts with Iyer added after their name are at the bottom of the list with the plain titles for each divisional chart at the top. I was not understanding why there were these additional charts and had assumed the plain title to be the correct chart and have been using these incorrect versions. Now seeing what you've shared and showed with your specific divisional charts, I see it is this bottom listing with the word 'Iyer' following that matches your charts. Can someone please explain this - there is nothing in the manuals regarding this in PL. I haven't seen anything written regarding this in any books or emails.

Many many thanks and all kindest regards,

Patrice|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear dear Patrice,

Good to see fellow astro-addict coming back

Your internet provider is weird guy- yes I tested again/message says 'don't like the address' or something like that- internet planetary war!

I had old version and they sent me new one PL6- yes it's a great program, and looks fancy too. I haven't done much with new version,and

although they give KP /blurred/ chart, it seems it's not by KP standards. And for Jaimini, have yet to see how the new one works. Use old one still- creature of habit here. copy-paste to any doc. as in the old version. It would be great if we get KP cusps, etc..with Narasimha program.

I got Muhurta, separate program, also.

I will write to you from address- our spoiled int. brats will leave us alone.

You seem to be coming back from aRahu journey, isn't that great to look at your own life as an astro-experiment?/Not always, I am telling you!/

I will write today, for a meantime

I am sending all positive vibes to you!

Love,

Anna

-

Patrice Curry

varahamihira

Monday, August 18, 2003 2:40 PM

Hi Dear Anna And Rao,

Anna, thanks for answering Rao; yes this is software and it is available on line. Here is a web site with the newer version features: http://pl6.parashara.com

Yes Anna, I have the new version. There are mistakes in Jaimini in the old version and I haven't checked in the newer as I stopped counting on them knowing it accurately. I will check. As you know, one thing is they use only 7 planets in Chara Karakas, no biggie though. It's a great program. Ask me specifically what you'd like me to check out and I'll let you know.

It is able to copy directly without clipboard, unable to copy to email directly, but can copy to any document directly by right clicking and then hitting 'Copy' and then can send the document as an attachment for the option of emailing. They are great and helpful about any and all questions and can be reached at 800 459-6847 or by email at sales. I have been dealing with them a lot recently as I just purchased the Palm version and can vow for their patience ;-) (My palm had a different Operating System so it took some time to find what was up.)

I also like that they include KP in a nice format but with all programs I'm told you have to check KP with a chart for accuracy on the SS lords. I was surprized to find this out, but apparently as it gets finer and finer it has to be checked. At least it's good to see that they are trying with Jamini and familiar with it. With KP I've only found one or two times where it differs on one SS lord and I use KP charts all the time, but still with seeing any differences it makes you want to check on it with each chart to be sure. It's a beautiful program. They are continually adding and refining it and give the downloads available on line to update.

I would be eager to see Narasimha's program!

Always great to see you on here. I hope you're having a fantastic summer. Any chance you will be in NJ for the conference?

Love,

Patrice

Dear Patrice,

Do you have new version of PL?I've found mistakes in Jaimini part- have to check out with another program. I am wondering if the new one would allow us to copy/paste ddirectly, instead of going through clipboard, haven't explored this one yet. You can choose dasa that suits your needs- great, indeed.

Love,

Anna

________

Dear Patrice,Can you please tell me, what is "PL", is it a Software?.It the Answer is Yes, then from where I can get this Software?If not please educate me.RegardsRao|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

My Dear Anna and List,

Thanks for all your great thoughts and energy dear Anna. I'll try mailing you directly too and see what happens this time. So weird that we have this difficulty via email as others can reach me no problemo.

I'm not sure what you mean KP/blurred/chart. I use the Report/Calculation/Krishnamurti Paddhati - Chart. What are you using? Why do you find it not by KP standards? Are you using Krishnamurti New for ayanamsha? From all my use I've not known it to be inaccurate. What are you seeing?

Yes, I know what you mean about still using the old one, creature of habit, but it doesn't take long to get the knack on this new one. I delayed at first as well, just finding the time to look at charts verses learning a new program, but it doesn't take long. It's a simple program and enough similarities to the old one.

Yes, that is my question regarding Narasimha's program. I'm sure though it is amazing and regarding all Jamini would be full of accurate information and dasas, etc..... ;-) I can imagine how it must be with Narasimha making it. So is there no reference for KP on it? I'm eager to see it and am guessing I will at NJ Conference.

Living through dasas has been a great way to really learn them and get the more full understanding, astro-experiment! And yes, Rahu has been interesting, very, very busy and lots of travel with my husband and with him for his work, etc... traveling for all kinds of reasons. No surprise I guess as you know Rahu is in my 7H. All kinds of things coming up when home and with my children. Anna, what aspects are you finding work for you with Rahu - 5th, 7th, and 9th? Really wildly busy days now for over a year. I'm still always studying. Also took myself back over all the basics with the study time I had and stayed focus on them, didn't focused on other techniques temporarily, to gain basics more completely and fully, wanting to be able to read the Rasi alone better. Tough to put down learning these other fantastic techniques for that time!

All light and love,

Patrice

Dear dear Patrice,

Your internet provider is weird guy- yes I tested again/message says 'don't like the address' or something like that- internet planetary war!

I had old version and they sent me new one PL6- yes it's a great program, and looks fancy too. I haven't done much with new version,and

although they give KP /blurred/ chart, it seems it's not by KP standards. And for Jaimini, have yet to see how the new one works. Use old one still- creature of habit here. copy-paste to any doc. as in the old version. It would be great if we get KP cusps, etc..with Narasimha program.

You seem to be coming back from aRahu journey, isn't that great to look at your own life as an astro-experiment?/Not always, I am telling you!/

Love,

Anna

Dear Patrice,

My rambling has been sent successfully to you,

shame on your internet provider for discrimination,

does he know what 'political correctness is all about. Hmmmm.

/How would it look like if I had to write private letter, and just said, for Patrice only- ha, ha/

Love and laugh have been sent to you, from serious student of

A1,2345678,

Anna

-

Patrice Curry

varahamihira

Monday, August 18, 2003 5:16 PM

My Dear Anna and List,

Thanks for all your great thoughts and energy dear Anna. I'll try mailing you directly too and see what happens this time. So weird that we have this difficulty via email as others can reach me no problemo.

I'm not sure what you mean KP/blurred/chart. I use the Report/Calculation/Krishnamurti Paddhati - Chart. What are you using? Why do you find it not by KP standards? Are you using Krishnamurti New for ayanamsha? From all my use I've not known it to be inaccurate. What are you seeing?

Yes, I know what you mean about still using the old one, creature of habit, but it doesn't take long to get the knack on this new one. I delayed at first as well, just finding the time to look at charts verses learning a new program, but it doesn't take long. It's a simple program and enough similarities to the old one.

Yes, that is my question regarding Narasimha's program. I'm sure though it is amazing and regarding all Jamini would be full of accurate information and dasas, etc..... ;-) I can imagine how it must be with Narasimha making it. So is there no reference for KP on it? I'm eager to see it and am guessing I will at NJ Conference.

Living through dasas has been a great way to really learn them and get the more full understanding, astro-experiment! And yes, Rahu has been interesting, very, very busy and lots of travel with my husband and with him for his work, etc... traveling for all kinds of reasons. No surprise I guess as you know Rahu is in my 7H. All kinds of things coming up when home and with my children. Anna, what aspects are you finding work for you with Rahu - 5th, 7th, and 9th? Really wildly busy days now for over a year. I'm still always studying. Also took myself back over all the basics with the study time I had and stayed focus on them, didn't focused on other techniques temporarily, to gain basics more completely and fully, wanting to be able to read the Rasi alone better. Tough to put down learning these other fantastic techniques for that time!

All light and love,

Patrice

Dear dear Patrice,

Love,

Anna

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira