serpents? What special significance do they have for us because

amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm

(other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents - at

least as far as I know.

Thanks

Rohini

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Rohiniji,

You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big Serpent and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an umbrella.Lord Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a good sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If anybody kills Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny and other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very important and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in the life.

I hope this helps you.

With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.rohinipurang <rohinipurang wrote:

Dear gurus and friendsCan someone please tell me why it is so very bad to harm/kill serpents? What special significance do they have for us because amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents - at least as far as I know.ThanksRohini|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Ramdas raoji,

Is the Lord not called "Sheshashaayi"? Or am I forgetting my puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning rope for Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Rohiniji,

You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big Serpent and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an umbrella.Lord Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a good sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If anybody kills Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny and other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very important and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in the life.

I hope this helps you.

Dear gurus and friendsCan someone please tell me why it is so very bad to harm/kill serpents? What special significance do they have for us because amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents - at least as far as I know.ThanksRohini|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Chandrashekharji,

I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord Narayana is resting on HIM.

Please make this correction.

Ramadas Rao.Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel wrote:

Dear Ramdas raoji,

Is the Lord not called "Sheshashaayi"? Or am I forgetting my puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning rope for Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Rohiniji,

I hope this helps you.

So this means that since the Lord rests (I guess this is the keyword

here) on a serpent we need to have the serpent, or Rahu, well disposed

towards us in our charts. We will be able to have good 'rest' only if

things are going well with us - ie we have mental clarity, good sleep,

domestic happiness etc. And if we have harmed serpents then Rahu will

be malefically disposed and these things will be disturbed. Is that

right? The houses which a mal Rahu affects will be disturbed and this

will disturb our mental peace - since that is where most of our

agonies are experienced.

Illustrations always show Sheshnag's hood over Vishnu's head like an

umbrella. Is this why mental clarity/confusion is an indication of

ben/mal Rahu?

Also Shesh is a 'sarp' and then there are also the 'naags'. If I am

not wrong Kaliya is a naag and so is Vasuki. Does Rahu represent both

and if yes then what is the difference between a sarp and a naag?

Thanks a lot for the replies.

Rohini

varahamihira , Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao>

wrote:

> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> Dear Chandrashekharji,

> I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord Narayana

is resting on HIM.

> Please make this correction.

> With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,

> Ramadas Rao.

>

> Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel> wrote:

> Dear Ramdas raoji,

> Is the Lord not called " Sheshashaayi " ? Or am I forgetting my

puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning rope for

Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita

manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please

correct me if I am wrong.

> Regards,

>

> Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]

> Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AM

> varahamihira

> Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents

>

>

> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> Dear Rohiniji,

> You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big Serpent

and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an umbrella.Lord

Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a good

sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If anybody kills

Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny and

other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very important

and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in the life.

> I hope this helps you.

> Ramadas Rao.

>

> rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:

> Dear gurus and friends

>

> Can someone please tell me why it is so very bad to harm/kill

> serpents? What special significance do they have for us because

> amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm

> (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents - at

> least as far as I know.

>

> Thanks

>

> Rohini

>

>

>

> |Om Tat Sat|

> http://www.varahamihira

>

>

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Rohiniji,

Either Sarpa or Naag is the same.Sarpa is a Sanskrit word.Now Shesha Naag is covering his hood over Sri Narayana ie.,is giving complete shelter so that Lord will have HIS Yoga Nidra.Similarly if Rahu is placed in inimical houses,the native wanders from place to place and does not feel happy in a particular place or residence.But if particular remedies are done,then the native will have his mental happiness and his wandering and restlessness reduces.

Rahu represents all Sarpas either Kaaliya or Takshaka or Vasuki or Shesha Naag.

Now jsut go though this simple Shloka for propitiating Sarpa Devatha and you will see the 9 names of Sarpa are given and by chanting their names one's poison means difficulties will be overcome and will become victorious in his/her activities.:

` AnNt< vasuik< zez< pÒnaÉ< c k<bl<,

om anantaà väsukià çeçaà padmanäbhaà ca kambalaà|

zNopal< xatRraò+< t]k< kalIy< twa.

çankhapälaà dhärtaräñöraà takñakaà käléyaà tathä||

@tanI nv namain nagana< c mhaTMyna<,

etäné nava nämäni nägänäà ca mahätmyanäà |

say<kale pQe inTy< àat>kale ivze;t>.

säyaìkäle paöhe nityaà prätaùkäle viçeñataù||

tSmE iv; Éy< naiSt svRÇ ivjyI Évet!.

tasmai viña bhayaà nästi sarvatra vijayé bhavet||

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao.

rohinipurang <rohinipurang wrote:

So this means that since the Lord rests (I guess this is the keyword here) on a serpent we need to have the serpent, or Rahu, well disposed towards us in our charts. We will be able to have good 'rest' only if things are going well with us - ie we have mental clarity, good sleep, domestic happiness etc. And if we have harmed serpents then Rahu will be malefically disposed and these things will be disturbed. Is that right? The houses which a mal Rahu affects will be disturbed and this will disturb our mental peace - since that is where most of our agonies are experienced.Illustrations always show Sheshnag's hood over Vishnu's head like an umbrella. Is this why mental clarity/confusion is an indication of ben/mal Rahu?Also Shesh is a 'sarp' and then there are also the 'naags'. If I am not wrong Kaliya is a naag and so is

Vasuki. Does Rahu represent both and if yes then what is the difference between a sarp and a naag?Thanks a lot for the replies. Rohinivarahamihira , Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao> wrote:> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> Dear Chandrashekharji,> I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord Narayana is resting on HIM.> Please make this correction.> With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> Ramadas Rao.> > Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel> wrote:> Dear Ramdas raoji,> Is the Lord not called "Sheshashaayi"? Or am I forgetting my puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning rope for Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please correct me if I am wrong.> Regards,> > Ramadas Rao

[ramadasrao]> Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AM> varahamihira > Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents> > > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> Dear Rohiniji,> You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big Serpent and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an umbrella.Lord Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a good sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If anybody kills Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny and other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very important and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in the life.> I hope this helps you.> With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> Ramadas Rao.> > rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:> Dear gurus and friends> > Can someone please tell me why it is so very bad to

harm/kill > serpents? What special significance do they have for us because > amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm > (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents - at > least as far as I know.> > Thanks> > Rohini> > > > |Om Tat Sat|> http://www.varahamihira > >

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA

Dear shri Ramdas Raoji,

Sir, youare really master inthe science of sarpas and the curses. I am attaching one chart of a boy kindly guide me regarding the curses and the srpa yogas in the chart and its remedial part also. The chart is of a boy having behavorial problems from birth who is 9 yeras old. Kindly opine at the earliest

Yours

Dewavrat Buit

Nagpur, India

-

Ramadas Rao

varahamihira

30 mm 2003 12:35 AM

Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Rohiniji,

Either Sarpa or Naag is the same.Sarpa is a Sanskrit word.Now Shesha Naag is covering his hood over Sri Narayana ie.,is giving complete shelter so that Lord will have HIS Yoga Nidra.Similarly if Rahu is placed in inimical houses,the native wanders from place to place and does not feel happy in a particular place or residence.But if particular remedies are done,then the native will have his mental happiness and his wandering and restlessness reduces.

Rahu represents all Sarpas either Kaaliya or Takshaka or Vasuki or Shesha Naag.

Now jsut go though this simple Shloka for propitiating Sarpa Devatha and you will see the 9 names of Sarpa are given and by chanting their names one's poison means difficulties will be overcome and will become victorious in his/her activities.:

` AnNt< vasuik< zez< pÒnaÉ< c k<bl<,

om anantaà väsukià çeçaà padmanäbhaà ca kambalaà|

zNopal< xatRraò+< t]k< kalIy< twa.

çankhapälaà dhärtaräñöraà takñakaà käléyaà tathä||

@tanI nv namain nagana< c mhaTMyna<,

etäné nava nämäni nägänäà ca mahätmyanäà |

say<kale pQe inTy< àat>kale ivze;t>.

säyaìkäle paöhe nityaà prätaùkäle viçeñataù||

tSmE iv; Éy< naiSt svRÇ ivjyI Évet!.

tasmai viña bhayaà nästi sarvatra vijayé bhavet||

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao.

rohinipurang <rohinipurang wrote:

So this means that since the Lord rests (I guess this is the keyword here) on a serpent we need to have the serpent, or Rahu, well disposed towards us in our charts. We will be able to have good 'rest' only if things are going well with us - ie we have mental clarity, good sleep, domestic happiness etc. And if we have harmed serpents then Rahu will be malefically disposed and these things will be disturbed. Is that right? The houses which a mal Rahu affects will be disturbed and this will disturb our mental peace - since that is where most of our agonies are experienced.Illustrations always show Sheshnag's hood over Vishnu's head like an umbrella. Is this why mental clarity/confusion is an indication of ben/mal Rahu?Also Shesh is a 'sarp' and then there are also the 'naags'. If I am not wrong Kaliya is a naag and so is Vasuki. Does Rahu represent both and if yes then what is the difference between a sarp and a naag?Thanks a lot for the replies. Rohinivarahamihira , Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao> wrote:> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> Dear Chandrashekharji,> I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord Narayana is resting on HIM.> Please make this correction.> With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> Ramadas Rao.> > Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel> wrote:> Dear Ramdas raoji,> Is the Lord not called "Sheshashaayi"? Or am I forgetting my puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning rope for Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please correct me if I am wrong.> Regards,> > Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]> Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AM> varahamihira > Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents> > > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> Dear Rohiniji,> You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big Serpent and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an umbrella.Lord Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a good sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If anybody kills Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny and other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very important and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in the life.> I hope this helps you.> With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> Ramadas Rao.> > rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:> Dear gurus and friends> > Can someone please tell me why it is so very bad to harm/kill > serpents? What special significance do they have for us because > amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm > (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents - at > least as far as I know.> > Thanks> > Rohini> > > > |Om Tat Sat|> http://www.varahamihira > >

Dear Ramdas Raoji

Thank you so much - that was very helpful. I was reading in the

Bhagavata that the earth rests on Sheshnaag and that in this Kaliyug

it is becoming heavy for him to bear.

Rohini

wrote:

> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> Dear Rohiniji,

> Either Sarpa or Naag is the same.Sarpa is a Sanskrit word.Now

Shesha Naag is covering his hood over Sri Narayana ie.,is giving

complete shelter so that Lord will have HIS Yoga Nidra.Similarly if

Rahu is placed in inimical houses,the native wanders from place to

place and does not feel happy in a particular place or residence.But

if particular remedies are done,then the native will have his mental

happiness and his wandering and restlessness reduces.

> Rahu represents all Sarpas either Kaaliya or Takshaka or Vasuki or

Shesha Naag.

> Now jsut go though this simple Shloka for propitiating Sarpa

Devatha and you will see the 9 names of Sarpa are given and by

chanting their names one's poison means difficulties will be overcome

and will become victorious in his/her activities.:

>

> ` AnNt< vasuik< zez< pÒnaÉ< c k<bl<,

>

> om anantaà väsukià çeçaà padmanäbhaà ca kambalaà|

>

> zNopal< xatRraò+< t]k< kalIy< twa.

>

> çankhapälaà dhärtaräñöraà takñakaà käléyaà tathä||

>

> @tanI nv namain nagana< c mhaTMyna<,

>

> etäné nava nämäni nägänäà ca mahätmyanäà |

>

> say<kale pQe inTy< àat>kale ivze;t>.

>

> säyaìkäle paöhe nityaà prätaùkäle viçeñataù||

>

> tSmE iv; Éy< naiSt svRÇ ivjyI Évet!.

>

> tasmai viña bhayaà nästi sarvatra vijayé bhavet||

>

> I hope this helps you.

>

>

> Ramadas Rao.

>

>

>

> So this means that since the Lord rests (I guess this is the

keyword

> here) on a serpent we need to have the serpent, or Rahu, well

disposed

> towards us in our charts. We will be able to have good 'rest' only

if

> things are going well with us - ie we have mental clarity, good

sleep,

> domestic happiness etc. And if we have harmed serpents then Rahu

will

> be malefically disposed and these things will be disturbed. Is that

> right? The houses which a mal Rahu affects will be disturbed and

this

> will disturb our mental peace - since that is where most of our

> agonies are experienced.

>

> Illustrations always show Sheshnag's hood over Vishnu's head like

an

> umbrella. Is this why mental clarity/confusion is an indication of

> ben/mal Rahu?

>

> Also Shesh is a 'sarp' and then there are also the 'naags'. If I am

> not wrong Kaliya is a naag and so is Vasuki. Does Rahu represent

both

> and if yes then what is the difference between a sarp and a naag?

>

> Thanks a lot for the replies.

>

> Rohini

>

> varahamihira , Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao>

> wrote:

> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> > Dear Chandrashekharji,

> > I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord

Narayana

> is resting on HIM.

> > Please make this correction.

> > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,

> > Ramadas Rao.

> >

> > Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel> wrote:

> > Dear Ramdas raoji,

> > Is the Lord not called " Sheshashaayi " ? Or am I forgetting my

> puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning rope for

> Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita

> manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please

> correct me if I am wrong.

> > Regards,

> >

> > Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]

> > Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AM

> > varahamihira

> > Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents

> >

> >

> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> > Dear Rohiniji,

> > You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big

Serpent

> and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an umbrella.Lord

> Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a good

> sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If anybody

kills

> Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny and

> other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very

important

> and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in the

life.

> > I hope this helps you.

> > Ramadas Rao.

> >

> > rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:

> > Dear gurus and friends

> >

> > Can someone please tell me why it is so very bad to harm/kill

> > serpents? What special significance do they have for us because

> > amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm

> > (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents - at

> > least as far as I know.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > Rohini

> >

> >

> >

> > |Om Tat Sat|

> > http://www.varahamihira

> >

> >

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Rohiniji,

You are most welcome.As you said for Shesha Naag to hold earth in this Kali Yuga is unbearable and a slight mistake by anybody is not tolerable to him and as a result most of the people are having Sarpa Dosha so that everybody should understand their responibilities and get rid of Ari Shadvarga ie.,Kaama,Krodha,Lobha,Moha,Mada and Matsara ( jealousy )and co-operate with each other to lead a happy and spiritual life.

Dear Ramdas RaojiThank you so much - that was very helpful. I was reading in the Bhagavata that the earth rests on Sheshnaag and that in this Kaliyug it is becoming heavy for him to bear.Rohinivarahamihira , Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao> wrote:> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> Dear Rohiniji,> Either Sarpa or Naag is the same.Sarpa is a Sanskrit word.Now Shesha Naag is covering his hood over Sri Narayana ie.,is giving complete shelter so that Lord will have HIS Yoga Nidra.Similarly if Rahu is placed in inimical houses,the native wanders from place to place and does not feel happy in a particular place or residence.But if particular remedies are done,then the native will have his mental happiness and his wandering and restlessness reduces.> Rahu represents all Sarpas either

Kaaliya or Takshaka or Vasuki or Shesha Naag.> Now jsut go though this simple Shloka for propitiating Sarpa Devatha and you will see the 9 names of Sarpa are given and by chanting their names one's poison means difficulties will be overcome and will become victorious in his/her activities.:> > ` AnNt< vasuik< zez< pÒnaÉ< c k<bl<,> > om anantaà väsukià çeçaà padmanäbhaà ca kambalaà|> > zNopal< xatRraò+< t]k< kalIy< twa.> > çankhapälaà dhärtaräñöraà takñakaà käléyaà tathä||> > @tanI nv namain nagana< c mhaTMyna<,> > etäné nava nämäni nägänäà ca mahätmyanäà |> > say<kale pQe inTy< àat>kale ivze;t>.> > säyaìkäle paöhe nityaà prätaùkäle viçeñataù||> > tSmE iv; Éy< naiSt svRÇ ivjyI Évet!.> > tasmai viña bhayaà nästi sarvatra vijayé bhavet||> > I hope this helps

you.> > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> > Ramadas Rao.> > > > rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:> So this means that since the Lord rests (I guess this is the keyword > here) on a serpent we need to have the serpent, or Rahu, well disposed > towards us in our charts. We will be able to have good 'rest' only if > things are going well with us - ie we have mental clarity, good sleep, > domestic happiness etc. And if we have harmed serpents then Rahu will > be malefically disposed and these things will be disturbed. Is that > right? The houses which a mal Rahu affects will be disturbed and this > will disturb our mental peace - since that is where most of our > agonies are experienced.> > Illustrations always show Sheshnag's hood over Vishnu's head like an > umbrella. Is this why mental clarity/confusion is

an indication of > ben/mal Rahu?> > Also Shesh is a 'sarp' and then there are also the 'naags'. If I am > not wrong Kaliya is a naag and so is Vasuki. Does Rahu represent both > and if yes then what is the difference between a sarp and a naag?> > Thanks a lot for the replies. > > Rohini> > varahamihira , Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao> > wrote:> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> > Dear Chandrashekharji,> > I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord Narayana > is resting on HIM.> > Please make this correction.> > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> > Ramadas Rao.> > > > Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel> wrote:> > Dear Ramdas raoji,> > Is the Lord not called "Sheshashaayi"? Or am I forgetting my > puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as

churning rope for > Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita > manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please > correct me if I am wrong.> > Regards,> > > > Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]> > Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AM> > varahamihira > > Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents> > > > > > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> > Dear Rohiniji,> > You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big Serpent > and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an umbrella.Lord > Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a good > sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If anybody kills > Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny and > other domestic happiness.For a normal

person these are very important > and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in the life.> > I hope this helps you.> > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> > Ramadas Rao.> > > > rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:> > Dear gurus and friends> > > > Can someone please tell me why it is so very bad to harm/kill > > serpents? What special significance do they have for us because > > amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm > > (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents - at > > least as far as I know.> > > > Thanks> > > > Rohini> > > > > > > > |Om Tat Sat|> > http://www.varahamihira > > > > Your use of

is subject to the > > > > > > Win TVs, Bikes, DVD players and more! Click on India Promos > > > > |Om Tat Sat|> > http://www.varahamihira > > > >

Dear Ramadasji,

I would humbly suggest you to upload a file on Sarpa Yogas, doshas

which you have meticulously outlined in the VA list for reference by

students who came in late or who missed out the thread.

Best wishes

Sunil John

varahamihira , " ajitd " <dewavrat2000>

wrote:

> OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA

>

>

> Dear shri Ramdas Raoji,

>

> Sir, youare really master inthe science of sarpas and the curses.

I am attaching one chart of a boy kindly guide me regarding the

curses and the srpa yogas in the chart and its remedial part also.

The chart is of a boy having behavorial problems from birth who is 9

yeras old. Kindly opine at the earliest

>

>

>

> Yours

>

> Dewavrat Buit

> Nagpur, India

> -

> Ramadas Rao

> varahamihira

> 30 mm 2003 12:35 AM

> Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents

>

>

> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> Dear Rohiniji,

> Either Sarpa or Naag is the same.Sarpa is a Sanskrit word.Now

Shesha Naag is covering his hood over Sri Narayana ie.,is giving

complete shelter so that Lord will have HIS Yoga Nidra.Similarly if

Rahu is placed in inimical houses,the native wanders from place to

place and does not feel happy in a particular place or residence.But

if particular remedies are done,then the native will have his mental

happiness and his wandering and restlessness reduces.

> Rahu represents all Sarpas either Kaaliya or Takshaka or Vasuki

or Shesha Naag.

> Now jsut go though this simple Shloka for propitiating Sarpa

Devatha and you will see the 9 names of Sarpa are given and by

chanting their names one's poison means difficulties will be overcome

and will become victorious in his/her activities.:

> ` AnNt< vasuik< zez< pÒnaÉ< c k<bl<,

>

> om anantaà väsukià çeçaà padmanäbhaà ca kambalaà|

>

> zNopal< xatRraò+< t]k< kalIy< twa.

>

> çankhapälaà dhärtaräñöraà takñakaà käléyaà tathä||

>

> @tanI nv namain nagana< c mhaTMyna<,

>

> etäné nava nämäni nägänäà ca mahätmyanäà |

>

> say<kale pQe inTy< àat>kale ivze;t>.

>

> säyaìkäle paöhe nityaà prätaùkäle viçeñataù||

>

> tSmE iv; Éy< naiSt svRÇ ivjyI Évet!.

>

> tasmai viña bhayaà nästi sarvatra vijayé bhavet||

>

> I hope this helps you.

>

>

> Ramadas Rao.

>

>

>

> So this means that since the Lord rests (I guess this is the

keyword

> here) on a serpent we need to have the serpent, or Rahu, well

disposed

> towards us in our charts. We will be able to have good 'rest'

only if

> things are going well with us - ie we have mental clarity, good

sleep,

> domestic happiness etc. And if we have harmed serpents then

Rahu will

> be malefically disposed and these things will be disturbed. Is

that

> right? The houses which a mal Rahu affects will be disturbed

and this

> will disturb our mental peace - since that is where most of our

> agonies are experienced.

>

> Illustrations always show Sheshnag's hood over Vishnu's head

like an

> umbrella. Is this why mental clarity/confusion is an indication

of

> ben/mal Rahu?

>

> Also Shesh is a 'sarp' and then there are also the 'naags'. If

I am

> not wrong Kaliya is a naag and so is Vasuki. Does Rahu

represent both

> and if yes then what is the difference between a sarp and a

naag?

>

> Thanks a lot for the replies.

>

> Rohini

>

> varahamihira , Ramadas Rao

<ramadasrao>

> wrote:

> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> > Dear Chandrashekharji,

> > I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord

Narayana

> is resting on HIM.

> > Please make this correction.

> > Ramadas Rao.

> >

> > Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel> wrote:

> > Dear Ramdas raoji,

> > Is the Lord not called " Sheshashaayi " ? Or am I forgetting my

> puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning rope

for

> Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita

> manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please

> correct me if I am wrong.

> > Regards,

> >

> > Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]

> > Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AM

> > varahamihira

> >

> >

> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> > Dear Rohiniji,

> > You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big

Serpent

> and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an

umbrella.Lord

> Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a

good

> sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If

anybody kills

> Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny

and

> other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very

important

> and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in

the life.

> > Ramadas Rao.

> >

> > Dear gurus and friends

> >

> > Can someone please tell me why it is so very bad to harm/kill

> > serpents? What special significance do they have for us

because

> > amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly

harm

> > (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents -

at

> > least as far as I know.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > Rohini

> >

> >

> >

> > |Om Tat Sat|

> > http://www.varahamihira

> >

> >

Dear Sunil,

Then I will give this job to you join all those messages about sarpa Doshas and send me and then I will upload the file in SJC VA list.

With Best regards,

Ramadas Rao.suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002 wrote:

Dear Ramadasji,I would humbly suggest you to upload a file on Sarpa Yogas, doshas which you have meticulously outlined in the VA list for reference by students who came in late or who missed out the thread.Best wishesSunil Johnvarahamihira , "ajitd" <dewavrat2000> wrote:> OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA> > > Dear shri Ramdas Raoji,> > Sir, youare really master inthe science of sarpas and the curses. I am attaching one chart of a boy kindly guide me regarding the curses and the srpa yogas in the chart and its remedial part also. The chart is of a boy having behavorial problems from birth who is 9 yeras old. Kindly opine at the earliest> > > > Yours> > Dewavrat Buit> Nagpur,

India> - > Ramadas Rao > varahamihira > 30 mm 2003 12:35 AM> Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents> > > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> Dear Rohiniji,> Either Sarpa or Naag is the same.Sarpa is a Sanskrit word.Now Shesha Naag is covering his hood over Sri Narayana ie.,is giving complete shelter so that Lord will have HIS Yoga Nidra.Similarly if Rahu is placed in inimical houses,the native wanders from place to place and does not feel happy in a particular place or residence.But if particular remedies are done,then the native will have his mental happiness and his wandering and restlessness reduces.> Rahu represents all Sarpas either Kaaliya or Takshaka or Vasuki or Shesha Naag.> Now jsut go though this simple

Shloka for propitiating Sarpa Devatha and you will see the 9 names of Sarpa are given and by chanting their names one's poison means difficulties will be overcome and will become victorious in his/her activities.:> ` AnNt< vasuik< zez< pÒnaÉ< c k<bl<,> > om anantaà väsukià çeçaà padmanäbhaà ca kambalaà|> > zNopal< xatRraò+< t]k< kalIy< twa.> > çankhapälaà dhärtaräñöraà takñakaà käléyaà tathä||> > @tanI nv namain nagana< c mhaTMyna<,> > etäné nava nämäni nägänäà ca mahätmyanäà |> > say<kale pQe inTy< àat>kale ivze;t>.> > säyaìkäle paöhe nityaà prätaùkäle viçeñataù||> > tSmE iv; Éy< naiSt svRÇ ivjyI Évet!.> > tasmai viña bhayaà nästi sarvatra vijayé bhavet||>

> I hope this helps you.> > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> > Ramadas Rao.> > > > rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:> So this means that since the Lord rests (I guess this is the keyword > here) on a serpent we need to have the serpent, or Rahu, well disposed > towards us in our charts. We will be able to have good 'rest' only if > things are going well with us - ie we have mental clarity, good sleep, > domestic happiness etc. And if we have harmed serpents then Rahu will > be malefically disposed and these things will be disturbed. Is that > right? The houses which a mal Rahu affects will be disturbed and this

> will disturb our mental peace - since that is where most of our > agonies are experienced.> > Illustrations always show Sheshnag's hood over Vishnu's head like an > umbrella. Is this why mental clarity/confusion is an indication of > ben/mal Rahu?> > Also Shesh is a 'sarp' and then there are also the 'naags'. If I am > not wrong Kaliya is a naag and so is Vasuki. Does Rahu represent both > and if yes then what is the difference between a sarp and a naag?> > Thanks a lot for the replies. > > Rohini> > varahamihira , Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao>

> wrote:> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> > Dear Chandrashekharji,> > I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord Narayana > is resting on HIM.> > Please make this correction.> > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> > Ramadas Rao.> > > > Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel> wrote:> > Dear Ramdas raoji,> > Is the Lord not called "Sheshashaayi"? Or am I forgetting my > puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning rope for > Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita

> manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ? Please > correct me if I am wrong.> > Regards,> > > > Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]> > Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AM> > varahamihira > > Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents> > > > > > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> > Dear Rohiniji,> > You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big Serpent > and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an umbrella.Lord >

Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants a good > sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If anybody kills > Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny and > other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very important > and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in the life.> > I hope this helps you.> > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,> > Ramadas Rao.> > > > rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:> > Dear gurus and friends> > > > Can someone please tell me why it is so very bad to harm/kill

> > serpents? What special significance do they have for us because > > amongst all the other animals which we knowingly/unknowingly harm > > (other than the cow), there are max punishments for serpents -at > > least as far as I know.> > > > Thanks> > > > Rohini> > > > > > > > |Om Tat Sat|> > http://www.varahamihira > > > >

Dear Ramadasji,

I had thought that you already had the articles in ur Pc that you

posted on the list, no worries, I would do the needful although would

take some time as u know my net availablity constraints, but will

surely try and be hopefully successful

best wishes

SJ

wrote:

> Dear Sunil,

> Then I will give this job to you join all those messages about

sarpa Doshas and send me and then I will upload the file in SJC VA

list.

> With Best regards,

> Ramadas Rao.

>

> suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002> wrote:

> Dear Ramadasji,

>

> I would humbly suggest you to upload a file on Sarpa Yogas, doshas

> which you have meticulously outlined in the VA list for reference

by

> students who came in late or who missed out the thread.

>

> Best wishes

>

> Sunil John

>

>

> varahamihira , " ajitd " <dewavrat2000>

> wrote:

> > OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA

> >

> >

> > Dear shri Ramdas Raoji,

> >

> > Sir, youare really master inthe science of sarpas and the

curses.

> I am attaching one chart of a boy kindly guide me regarding the

> curses and the srpa yogas in the chart and its remedial part also.

> The chart is of a boy having behavorial problems from birth who is

> yeras old. Kindly opine at the earliest

> >

> >

> >

> > Yours

> >

> > Dewavrat Buit

> > Nagpur, India

> > -

> > Ramadas Rao

> > varahamihira

> > 30 mm 2003 12:35 AM

> >

> >

> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> > Dear Rohiniji,

> > Either Sarpa or Naag is the same.Sarpa is a Sanskrit word.Now

> Shesha Naag is covering his hood over Sri Narayana ie.,is giving

> complete shelter so that Lord will have HIS Yoga Nidra.Similarly if

> Rahu is placed in inimical houses,the native wanders from place to

> place and does not feel happy in a particular place or

residence.But

> if particular remedies are done,then the native will have his

mental

> happiness and his wandering and restlessness reduces.

> > Rahu represents all Sarpas either Kaaliya or Takshaka or Vasuki

> or Shesha Naag.

> > Now jsut go though this simple Shloka for propitiating Sarpa

> Devatha and you will see the 9 names of Sarpa are given and by

> chanting their names one's poison means difficulties will be

overcome

> and will become victorious in his/her activities.:

> > ` AnNt< vasuik< zez< pÒnaÉ< c k<bl<,

> >

> > om anantaà väsukià çeçaà padmanäbhaà ca kambalaà|

> >

> > zNopal< xatRraò+< t]k< kalIy< twa.

> >

> > çankhapälaà dhärtaräñöraà takñakaà käléyaà tathä||

> >

> > @tanI nv namain nagana< c mhaTMyna<,

> >

> > etäné nava nämäni nägänäà ca mahätmyanäà |

> >

> > say<kale pQe inTy< àat>kale ivze;t>.

> >

> > säyaìkäle paöhe nityaà prätaùkäle viçeñataù||

> >

> > tSmE iv; Éy< naiSt svRÇ ivjyI Évet!.

> >

> > tasmai viña bhayaà nästi sarvatra vijayé bhavet||

> >

> >

> >

> > Ramadas Rao.

> >

> >

> >

> > So this means that since the Lord rests (I guess this is the

> keyword

> > here) on a serpent we need to have the serpent, or Rahu, well

> disposed

> > towards us in our charts. We will be able to have good 'rest'

> only if

> > things are going well with us - ie we have mental clarity,

good

> sleep,

> > domestic happiness etc. And if we have harmed serpents then

> Rahu will

> > be malefically disposed and these things will be disturbed.

Is

> that

> > right? The houses which a mal Rahu affects will be disturbed

> and this

> > will disturb our mental peace - since that is where most of

our

> > agonies are experienced.

> >

> > Illustrations always show Sheshnag's hood over Vishnu's head

> like an

> > umbrella. Is this why mental clarity/confusion is an

indication

> of

> > ben/mal Rahu?

> >

> > Also Shesh is a 'sarp' and then there are also the 'naags'.

If

> I am

> > not wrong Kaliya is a naag and so is Vasuki. Does Rahu

> represent both

> > and if yes then what is the difference between a sarp and a

> naag?

> >

> > Thanks a lot for the replies.

> >

> > Rohini

> >

> > varahamihira , Ramadas Rao

> <ramadasrao>

> > wrote:

> > > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> > > Dear Chandrashekharji,

> > > I am sorry for the mistake.Yes,it is Shesha Naag and Lord

> Narayana

> > is resting on HIM.

> > > Please make this correction.

> > > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,

> > > Ramadas Rao.

> > >

> > > Chandrashekhar Sharma <boxdel> wrote:

> > > Dear Ramdas raoji,

> > > Is the Lord not called " Sheshashaayi " ? Or am I forgetting

my

> > puranas? I also remember that Wasuki was used as churning

rope

> for

> > Mandar Parvat which was used as a churn at the time of Amrita

> > manthana. Is there any confusion in my mind about this ?

Please

> > correct me if I am wrong.

> > > Regards,

> > >

> > > Ramadas Rao [ramadasrao]

> > > Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:33 AM

> > > varahamihira

> > > Re: |Sri Varaha| serpents

> > >

> > >

> > > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> > > Dear Rohiniji,

> > > You may be knowing that Lord Vishnu rests on Vasuki, a big

> Serpent

> > and this Vasuki has covered Lord Vishnu's head as an

> umbrella.Lord

> > Vishnu is in Yoga Nidra .So this indicates that if one wants

a

> good

> > sleep,domestic happiness Serpent has to be worshipped.If

> anybody kills

> > Sarpa ,then such native in the next life suffers from progeny

> and

> > other domestic happiness.For a normal person these are very

> important

> > and without this happiness ,he/she will be mentally upset in

> the life.

> > > I hope this helps you.

> > > With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,

> > > Ramadas Rao.

> > >

> > > rohinipurang <rohinipurang> wrote:

> > > Dear gurus and friends

> > >

> > > Can someone please tell me why it is so very bad to

harm/kill

> > > serpents? What special significance do they have for us

> because

> > > amongst all the other animals which we

knowingly/unknowingly

> harm

> > > (other than the cow), there are max punishments for

serpents -

> at

> > > least as far as I know.

> > >

> > > Thanks

> > >

> > > Rohini

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > |Om Tat Sat|

> > > http://www.varahamihira

> > >

> > >

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Sunil,

I dont have any articles stored in my PC but in my brain only.So whenever somebody asks about Sarpa Dosha and its remedies,it jsut comes to my intution and I write it.So if you go through the archives,you will be able to find a lot of mails from me about Sarpa Dosha,remedies etc.

So i f you have some spare time ,you can edit all these and send me a file and then it will be easier for me to upload.

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao.

Win TVs, Bikes, DVD players and more!

Click on

India Promos