IndiaDivine.org

praying for others - my experience

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Saikumar,

Good experience.As you have already started chanting your Ishta Devatha Mantra,you were safe.Anyhow my request is to chant your Ishta Devatha Mantra 2 times 108 and that would be better.

I hope this helps you.

With Sri Narayana Nama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.Saikumar <astrossk wrote:

Namasthe Ramadas Rao ji,

I have some kind of related experience that I want to share with the group.

About 6 months back in February, my mother back in India started having knee problems and she was hardly able to get up and walk. She is around 72 years old.

The first thing that struck my mind was performing Mrityunjaya Mantra on her behalf. At that time I did not know of the consequences of performing on other's behalf.

She was visiting an orthopedic at that time who was giving her medication also.

But for 40 days I performed Mrityunjaya Mantra which totalled about 10,000 repeatitions. After the completion of my 40 days within a few days she started walking and now she is able to climb stairs without much difficulty.All by god's grace.

Now as a result I did not have any accident unlike Palanivelu ...touchwood.

Do you think I am having the blessings of my Ishta Devata ? I got the mantra for my Ishta Devata from Guru Visti and I have been performing 108 repetitions every day.

Can I perform the same kind of remedy for any one else (like friends or family) if needed?

Sir, your able guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If required I would attach my chart for further reading.

Regards,

Sai

Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao2003/09/03 12:37:35varahamihira Cc: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: praying for others - my encounter

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Palanivelu,

What you have done is good to save your mother.But as I said earlier the burdens of her past karma,you took and eventhough you are highly religious and spiritual person,you got injured.But now here what has happened is that you have tried to help your mother,a desire-Kama rose up and it took in the form of prayers to cure your mother through Mriyunjaya Mantra.Now as I said earlier,you should have Diksha Guru to initiate a Mantra from which after you attain Siddhi ,then your actions to anybody to help in the form of prayers or Japa will fructify completely without harming you.

Now you can ask my student Mrs.Sunita Rishi,Sunil John and his friend who lives in Australia for whom I was also praying along with the prayers done by them also helpsed in curing the disease and I got immensely happy when I got the information of curing their problems.One thing I want to tell here is that one should have a powerful ATMA SHAKTI and MANASHAKTI to do all these.

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao.

palsdevi <palsdevi wrote:

Om Namah ShivaayaDear Rohini ji, I think your question gave me an answer for my recent incidence in mylife. 2 months back my mom had to undergo a heart by-pass surgery. Weall had panicked and as usual every one was praying to God for Hisblessings for a successful operation. My mom is in her late 60s. As a learning member here, I was aware that performing Mrithunjamantra for my mom would save her life. So I sincerely started thepooja and completed the one mandala. Her operation was done after 3days from the start of the pooja. Every thing went fine and I wasimmensely happy about the whole process and my mom's recovery.The very next day after completion of this pooja, I had injured bothmy wrists badly, while playing tennis. Last week I removed the castfrom my left wrist and was wondering what could have bee! n the

reason.Now seeing what guru Ramadasji had said, it makes perfect sense. Maybe I did not have the sidha from my Istha devatha, yet. Ramadasji, how would one know, when he/she is capable of performingpooja for others ?.Also I might have been running a bad dasha/antardasha. Whatever may bethe reasons, helping my mother, at that crucial stage in her life, wasthe happiest and most fulfilling moment in my life, despite myencounter later. In any case, your question made a perfect sense tome. This is just my view and wanting to be corrected by the learned ones.Best wishes,Palaniveluvarahamihira , "rohinipurang"<rohinipurang> wrote:> Dear Anna> > Thank you so much for your reply - it comes straight from the heart > and is therefore so much more precious.> > Rohini> > varahamihira , "bona_mente" <an! mar@a...>

wrote:> > > > Dear Rohini,> & g t; > > This is very interesting question. In order for any prayer to be > > effective it has to be honest and highly emotionally charged, for > > that is the power of prayer. If it is so, and our desire to help > > another stronger than force of our needs , selfless, it's also > > confirmation that we give up something for something bigger- what > > we 'declare' we are able to give up, may certainly bring some > > suffering in our life, and I think it does, but it is of temporary > > nature and not worth mentioning /IMO/ compared to how much OUR > souls > > benefit and expand from the selfless prayer for another person.> > > > I am absolutely sure that miracles DO happen when the prayer > > is 'right'-selfless, intense desire to help. We may feel the burden > > of karma gets

heavier, for the time, but in longer term it brings > > blessings to our lives as well. Besides, whoever prayed for child, > > brother, mother, knows- > > little do we care whether or not we will get little /or not so > > little/ to bear. Besides, the person suffering due to his karma and > > we helping him with> > that burden, are most likely meant to be there for this task. If we > > do get some suffering, and I know we do, it's soothing for our > soul, > > it purifies our souls, empowers our souls, oh, it's more than worth > > it. I have experienced that, and that joy and peace within oneself > > cannot be explained, just experienced. I had a long struggle for my > > brother's life, and I didn't care about anything just that he must > > not die /as everyone expected, 0 chances they said/. Intensity of > my > > desire and prayers,

attracted right people, right circumstances, at! > > the right time, and it seemed to be a miracle. And it w as- only God > > can provide miracles!> > > > After that, my life has had a new dimension. I am much better able > > now to understand the saying "if God doesn't give us what we want, > > He gives us what we NEED' .Never ever take God's name lightly, > > don't call his name if the goal is not worth. Desires may overwhelm > > us, from time to time, we need to be able to recognize and correct > > that.> > > > To be honest, my answer to your question Rohini is yes, we take > > some suffering from another person, but can you think about another > > way, being able and not helping?Wouldn't that be worse suffering > > compared to noble one when you extended you unconditional love and > > help to one in need.

Don't ask, just do it- if it feels right, it > > is. Be grateful to the God who's given you opportunity! to open your > > heart and give and receive unselfishly. > > > > I guess we will get some explanation from others. This is how I > > perceive 'my contract with God' and I have not only rational but > > also 'VISCERAL'> > proof that God has never, ever left me alone, never ever missed to > > respond when I needed, and I hope I will be able to stay on the way > > which strengthens my faith, be worth HIS help, and I give my life > > to Him, where it belongs anyway, even when the night is dark and I > > ask "Why me God"> > > > Thank you,> > Anna > > > > > > > > > > > > > > varahamihira , "rohinipurang" > >

<rohinipurang> wrote:> > > Dear gurus and friends> > > > > > When! someone prays for somebody else, does the person who does > th e > > > praying have to undergo some kind of suffering due to the karma > of > > > the other person? I mean is it something like taking on the sins > > of > > > another? By praying I do not mean simply beseeching the Lord to > > > help/heal so-and-so, but taking a sankalp of doing a particular > > > paath/puja for so many days etc so that the other person achieves > > a > > > particular goal, be it of health or wealth or any other.> > > > > > Thanks> > > > > > Rohini|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Namasthe Ramadas Rao ji,

I have some kind of related experience that I want to share with the group.

About 6 months back in February, my mother back in India started having knee problems and she was hardly able to get up and walk. She is around 72 years old.

The first thing that struck my mind was performing Mrityunjaya Mantra on her behalf. At that time I did not know of the consequences of performing on other's behalf.

She was visiting an orthopedic at that time who was giving her medication also.

But for 40 days I performed Mrityunjaya Mantra which totalled about 10,000 repeatitions. After the completion of my 40 days within a few days she started walking and now she is able to climb stairs without much difficulty.All by god's grace.

Now as a result I did not have any accident unlike Palanivelu ...touchwood.

Do you think I am having the blessings of my Ishta Devata ? I got the mantra for my Ishta Devata from Guru Visti and I have been performing 108 repetitions every day.

Can I perform the same kind of remedy for any one else (like friends or family) if needed?

Sir, your able guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If required I would attach my chart for further reading.

Regards,

Sai

Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao2003/09/03 12:37:35varahamihira Cc: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: praying for others - my encounter

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Palanivelu,

What you have done is good to save your mother.But as I said earlier the burdens of her past karma,you took and eventhough you are highly religious and spiritual person,you got injured.But now here what has happened is that you have tried to help your mother,a desire-Kama rose up and it took in the form of prayers to cure your mother through Mriyunjaya Mantra.Now as I said earlier,you should have Diksha Guru to initiate a Mantra from which after you attain Siddhi ,then your actions to anybody to help in the form of prayers or Japa will fructify completely without harming you.

Now you can ask my student Mrs.Sunita Rishi,Sunil John and his friend who lives in Australia for whom I was also praying along with the prayers done by them also helpsed in curing the disease and I got immensely happy when I got the information of curing their problems.One thing I want to tell here is that one should have a powerful ATMA SHAKTI and MANASHAKTI to do all these.

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao.

palsdevi <palsdevi wrote:

Om Namah ShivaayaDear Rohini ji, I think your question gave me an answer for my recent incidence in mylife. 2 months back my mom had to undergo a heart by-pass surgery. Weall had panicked and as usual every one was praying to God for Hisblessings for a successful operation. My mom is in her late 60s. As a learning member here, I was aware that performing Mrithunjamantra for my mom would save her life. So I sincerely started thepooja and completed the one mandala. Her operation was done after 3days from the start of the pooja. Every thing went fine and I wasimmensely happy about the whole process and my mom's recovery.The very next day after completion of this pooja, I had injured bothmy wrists badly, while playing tennis. Last week I removed the castfrom my left wrist and was wondering what could have bee!

n the reason.Now seeing what guru Ramadasji had said, it makes perfect sense. Maybe I did not have the sidha from my Istha devatha, yet. Ramadasji, how would one know, when he/she is capable of performingpooja for others ?.Also I might have been running a bad dasha/antardasha. Whatever may bethe reasons, helping my mother, at that crucial stage in her life, wasthe happiest and most fulfilling moment in my life, despite myencounter later. In any case, your question made a perfect sense tome. This is just my view and wanting to be corrected by the learned ones.Best wishes,Palaniveluvarahamihira , "rohinipurang"<rohinipurang> wrote:> Dear Anna> > Thank you so much for your reply - it comes straight from the heart > and is therefore so much more precious.> > Rohini> > varahamihira , "bona_mente" <an!

mar@a...> wrote:> > > > Dear Rohini,> &g

t; > > This is very interesting question. In order for any prayer to be > > effective it has to be honest and highly emotionally charged, for > > that is the power of prayer. If it is so, and our desire to help > > another stronger than force of our needs , selfless, it's also > > confirmation that we give up something for something bigger- what > > we 'declare' we are able to give up, may certainly bring some > > suffering in our life, and I think it does, but it is of temporary > > nature and not worth mentioning /IMO/ compared to how much OUR > souls > > benefit and expand from the selfless prayer for another person.> > > > I am absolutely sure that miracles DO happen when the prayer > > is 'right'-selfless, intense desire to help. We may feel the burden > > of karma gets heavier, for the time, but in longer term it brings > > blessings to our lives as well. Besides, whoever prayed for child, > > brother, mother, knows- > > little do we care whether or not we will get little /or not so > > little/ to bear. Besides, the person suffering due to his karma and > > we helping him with> > that burden, are most likely meant to be there for this task. If we > > do get some suffering, and I know we do, it's soothing for our > soul, > > it purifies our souls, empowers our souls, oh, it's more than worth > > it. I have experienced that, and that joy and peace within oneself > > cannot be explained, just experienced. I had a long struggle for my > > brother's life, and I didn't care about anything just that he must > > not die /as everyone expected, 0 chances they said/. Intensity of > my > > desire and prayers, attracted right people, right circumstances, at!

> > the right time, and it seemed to be a miracle. And it w

as- only God > > can provide miracles!> > > > After that, my life has had a new dimension. I am much better able > > now to understand the saying "if God doesn't give us what we want, > > He gives us what we NEED' .Never ever take God's name lightly, > > don't call his name if the goal is not worth. Desires may overwhelm > > us, from time to time, we need to be able to recognize and correct > > that.> > > > To be honest, my answer to your question Rohini is yes, we take > > some suffering from another person, but can you think about another > > way, being able and not helping?Wouldn't that be worse suffering > > compared to noble one when you extended you unconditional love and > > help to one in need. Don't ask, just do it- if it feels right, it > > is. Be grateful to the God who's given you opportunity!

to open your > > heart and give and receive unselfishly. > > > > I guess we will get some explanation from others. This is how I > > perceive 'my contract with God' and I have not only rational but > > also 'VISCERAL'> > proof that God has never, ever left me alone, never ever missed to > > respond when I needed, and I hope I will be able to stay on the way > > which strengthens my faith, be worth HIS help, and I give my life > > to Him, where it belongs anyway, even when the night is dark and I > > ask "Why me God"> > > > Thank you,> > Anna > > > > > > > > > > > > > > varahamihira , "rohinipurang" > > <rohinipurang> wrote:> > > Dear gurus and friends> > > > > > When!

someone prays for somebody else, does the person who does > th

e > > > praying have to undergo some kind of suffering due to the karma > of > > > the other person? I mean is it something like taking on the sins > > of > > > another? By praying I do not mean simply beseeching the Lord to > > > help/heal so-and-so, but taking a sankalp of doing a particular > > > paath/puja for so many days etc so that the other person achieves > > a > > > particular goal, be it of health or wealth or any other.> > > > > > Thanks> > > > > > Rohini|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira