IndiaDivine.org

Jyotirlinga's- Questions/ Narasimha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha,

So good to see you here- I've been doing my best with my limited resources to contribute to the activity on the lists

'while parents are at work',

so I hope you'll 'reward' me/us by your contribution to AK research- in whichever way you desire- data, suggestions, comments...both three

----------------------'volume2':

I see here Namah becomes Namo,

except Moon and Venus- Namas

Saturn- Namah, Jupiter- Nama

Namas, Nama and Namah: have never noticed diference in pronounciation /Namah is with with 'h' is nazal and Nama without - sound similar?

and for namas is 's' supposed to be heard /than it would be accentuated/? 'Emergency help for Sanskrit, and not only s.ignorants, needed.

Are these mantras applicable for Jyotirlinga /definition not quite clear to me, I just recognize what is behind the name, hope you'll understand this as a question/ especially- can they be used for other 'situations'- Ishta devata, planet propitiation in general?

For Jyotirlinga, whatever that is, you mentioned in connnection do D10 fifth House lord /or planet, if any, is in- which is correct, please?

What about other vargas? For D7 do we use 5th H? For D12 do we use fourth H. /lord, planet?/ and ninth H /lord, planet?/?

----------------------

'Volume 3':

Now that you are here, would you please explain 8th and sixth H. secondary argalas- I beleived 6th contributes to Lagna growth, and 8th obstruct /with respect to reference "lagna"-1st H-

I look forward to reading more and ask less, or read and ask more, depending on your response.I am 'flexible'.

Thanks to you and Rao,

Anna

-

Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

vedic astrology@g

roups.com ; varahamihira

Sunday, September 14, 2003 9:58 PM

|Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga's Question-->To Narasimha Ji

Namaste friends,

Rao Nemani gave the following wonderful compilation that should be handy to most.

However, there are minor mistakes with the use of visarga sandhi. When a sound comes after visarga (h sound as in namah), what happens to it depends on what is before visarga and what is after it. Namah does not necessarily become namo always. If you learn Sanskrit language, you can learn the systematic rules of visarga sandhi (sandhi=joining of two words into one word due to continuous pronunciation). I am correcting the mantras for your reference.

> ====== =========== =====================================> Planet Jyotirlinga Mantra to recite> ====== =========== =====================================> Sun Rameswara Om NamahSivaya Namo Rameswaraya> Moon Somanatha Om NamahSivaya Namo Somanathaya> Mars Bhimeswara Om NamahSivaya Namo Bhimeswaraya> Mercury Mallikarjuna Om NamahSivaya Namo Mallikarjunaya> Jupiter Omkareswara Om NamahSivaya Namo Omkareswaraya > Venus Triyambakeswara Om NamahSivaya Namo Triyambakeswaraya> Saturn Kaleswara Om NamahSivaya Namo Kaleswaraya > Rahu Nageswara Om NamahSivaya Namo Nageswaraya > Ketu Viswanatha Om NamahSivaya Namo Viswanathaya

Sun Raameswara Om NamasSivaaya NamoRaameswaraayaMoon Somanaatha Om NamasSivaaya NamasSomanaathaayaMars Bhimeswara Om NamasSivaaya NamoBhimashankaraayaMercury Mallikaarjuna Om NamasSivaaya NamoMallikaarjunaayaJupiter Omkaareswara Om NamasSivaaya NamaOmkaareswaraaya (or Om NamasSivaya Namah Omkareswaraya - without sandhi/joining)Venus Tryambakeswara Om NamasSivaaya NamasTryambakeswaraayaSaturn Kaaleswara Om NamasSivaaya NamahKaaleswaraaya Rahu Naageswara Om NamasSivaaya NamoNaageswaraaya Ketu Viswanaatha Om NamasSivaaya NamoViswanaathaaya

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira