IndiaDivine.org

Sun, Moon and other planets as references!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jaya Jaya Jagannatha

Namaste friends,

In addition to houses from lagna, Parasara mentioned houses from Moon and Sun. In fact, houses eight different references were given prominence by Parasara. They are lagna and the seven planets (see ashtakavarga).

Have you ever wondered what different houses from different references stand for? Obviously, there cannot be any redundancy in Jyotish and so the same house from different references has to have different meanings and purposes.

Have you ever wondered about ashtakavarga definition? Have you wondered why a planet is benefic in particular houses from another planet?

What are the basic axioms of house meanings? How do we derive the meanings of various houses from various references using them? And, how is the ashtakavarga definition derived?

I'll be trying to address all the above basic questions for the first time this Saturday (first time for me). I'll clearly lay out the basic axioms of house meanings and show how they can be applied to various references. Then I'll show how houses from various planetary references can be interpreted. I'll then establish the basic philosophy behind the definition of ashtakavarga. After laying the ground, I will focus on Chandra lagna (Moon taken as a reference) and Surya lagna (Sun taken as a reference) and shedding some light on their use.

All this is going to be basic, in the sense that the questions answered are very fundamental and one with little astrological knowledge can also easily follow. At the same time, I don't think that you can find in any existing books the material and insights I will try to share. Not just my topic, but topics of other gurus are also designed to make your fundamentals strong and foundation solid. We are focussing on various essential fundamentals in each workshop and hoping to build a solid foundation so that you can apply the knowledge successfully and your further studies can flourish. We have a few more weekend workshops coming up in Edison and Vineland in NJ, New York City and finally Boston.

If you live within a driving distance from Edison, NJ, you should seriously consider attending the workshop this weekend. Use of rasi chakra, use of Moon and Sun as references, use of various divisional charts and use of nakshatra chakra will be clarified in this workshop. It is going to be an important workshop. If you attend, you'll be helping your studies considerably and also helping our organization stabilize itself. Though the fee is very small, your fee can make a difference. If you have a chance, please consider coming.

If you are interested and need more details, please contact Narayan Iyer at narayan or naaraayana_iyer. For information on the Boston workshop, please contact me directly at pvr.

For info on all workshops, please go to

vedic astrology

and look for the file SJC_WW_2003_Schedule.doc.

I hope to see some of you this weekend!

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha