IndiaDivine.org

Varnada Lagna ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 9/23/2003 11:34:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, kanupriya003 writes:

Namaste Kanupriya and Rao,

Every house has its own Varnada. In JHL you will see VL and down further V2, V3, V4..... V12.

Prasara does give a dasa system based on the Varnadas and says this can be used to determine the longevity of the relatives represented by those Varnadas.

Jaimini bring in the notion of the profession and the Varnada lagna and the profession is to be based on the varna (caste) of the sign. Planets conjoining and aspecting the VL also determine the profession, again based on varna.

Regards,

Brendan

Dear Rao,

This is what I know about the Varnada Lagna and I am sure the gurus can guide better:

1. It's used to see position and power or status in a chart with it's placement from the bhavas and Arudha Lagna.

2.The calculation of dasas from the Varnada lagna itself can indicate longevity of the native and the 7th from the Varnada lagna will show the longevity of the spouse.

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.

In a message dated 9/24/2003 12:09:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, raon1008 writes:

Namaste Rao,

That is it and you know the professions of the various castes determined by the planet(s) influencing VL.

Look at VL in D-10 also to see the same.

Regards,

Brendan

You are correct, when I was trying to understand the meaning of

the word "Varna+da", then I thought it has got to do something

related Varana (Brahmanas,Vaishyas,Kshatriyas and Sudras).

In a message dated 9/24/2003 12:03:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, kanupriya003 writes:

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Kanupriya,

This is an area for research but we might use the various Varnadas in the following way. Health and longevity of family members can be seen from V2, siblings from V3, mother from V4, etc. I have not seen this applied but it should tell use something. Narasimha also gives Varnada dasa in JHL.

I was running the Varnada dasa of the 4th house, Aq, when my mother expired and V4 is Libra, my 12th house. Venus is in Aq (+Sun, Mars, Mercury) and I can't see how it might be a maraka for her based on V4. Yes, 8L from lagna is there along with the L of V4 and the antara was Gemini (8th house). Aq and Ge are trines to V4 and A8.

Some discussions took place on VL a log time back and it should show the work one does as well as the type of people we associate with in our work.

Also look at VL in D-10 for the same.

I have not seen any case studies on Varnada dasa but Parasara does say things about it. It is the first dasa he mentions.

Regards,

Brendan

Dear Brendan,

Thankyou for the information.Can you please further explain more about how to read the various V2,V3 etc mentioned by you.

Thankyou,

Kanupriya.

Dear Guru's and Learned Members,

Please explain to me, what is Varnada Lagna and it significance in a chart.

I remember reading somewhere, the indications for profession can be seen from Varnada

Lagna, and especially the lord of Vernada Lagna. Is that correct?.

Thank you for helping me in understanding Varnada Lagna.

RegardsRaghunadha Rao

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Rao,

This is what I know about the Varnada Lagna and I am sure the gurus can guide better:

1. It's used to see position and power or status in a chart with it's placement from the bhavas and Arudha Lagna.

2.The calculation of dasas from the Varnada lagna itself can indicate longevity of the native and the 7th from the Varnada lagna will show the longevity of the spouse.

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.

Rao Nemani <raon1008 wrote:

Dear Guru's and Learned Members,

Please explain to me, what is Varnada Lagna and it significance in a chart.

I remember reading somewhere, the indications for profession can be seen from Varnada

Lagna, and especially the lord of Vernada Lagna. Is that correct?.

Thank you for helping me in understanding Varnada Lagna.

RegardsRaghunadha Rao

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Brendan,

Thankyou for the information.Can you please further explain more about how to read the various V2,V3 etc mentioned by you.

Thankyou,

Kanupriya.

Bpfeeley wrote:

In a message dated 9/23/2003 11:34:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, kanupriya003 writes:Namaste Kanupriya and Rao,Every house has its own Varnada. In JHL you will see VL and down further V2, V3, V4..... V12.Prasara does give a dasa system based on the Varnadas and says this can be used to determine the longevity of the relatives represented by those Varnadas.Jaimini bring in the notion of the profession and the Varnada lagna and the profession is to be based on the varna (caste) of the sign. Planets conjoining and aspecting the VL also determine the profession, again based on varna.Regards,Brendan

Dear Rao, This is what I know about the Varnada Lagna and I am sure the gurus can guide better: 1. It's used to see position and power or status in a chart with it's placement from the bhavas and Arudha Lagna. 2.The calculation of dasas from the Varnada lagna itself can indicate longevity of the native and the 7th from the Varnada lagna will show the longevity of the spouse.Best Wishes,Kanupriya.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Brendan Ji and Kanu Priya Ji,

Namaste,

Thanks for the quick reply. May be I should read Jaimini Upadesa

Sutras by Sanjay Ji's book to findout whether I can find some

more detailed discussion on the Varnada Lagna.

You are correct, when I was trying to understand the meaning of

the word " Varna+da " , then I thought it has got to do something

related Varana (Brahmanas,Vaishyas,Kshatriyas and Sudras).

Thanks for the pointer, I will read the Sanjay Ji' book and see

I will find the information, I am looking for.

Regards

Raghunadha Rao

varahamihira , Bpfeeley@A... wrote:

> In a message dated 9/23/2003 11:34:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> kanupriya003 writes:

>

> Namaste Kanupriya and Rao,

>

> Every house has its own Varnada. In JHL you will see VL and down

further V2,

> V3, V4..... V12.

>

> Prasara does give a dasa system based on the Varnadas and says this

can be

> used to determine the longevity of the relatives represented by

those Varnadas.

>

> Jaimini bring in the notion of the profession and the Varnada lagna

and the

> profession is to be based on the varna (caste) of the sign. Planets

conjoining

> and aspecting the VL also determine the profession, again based on

varna.

>

> Regards,

> Brendan

>

>

> > Dear Rao,

> > This is what I know about the Varnada Lagna and I

am sure the

> > gurus can guide better:

> > 1. It's used to see position and power or status in

a chart

> > with it's placement from the bhavas and Arudha Lagna.

> > 2.The calculation of dasas from the Varnada lagna

itself can

> > indicate longevity of the native and the 7th from the Varnada

lagna will show

> > the longevity of the spouse.

> > Best Wishes,

> > Kanupriya.

> >