IndiaDivine.org

Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Gurus and Members,

During rectification of time, I want to use the pranapada lagna in trines to the Moons navamsa position dictum.My doubt is are we supposed to use the Pranapada lagnas Rasi position in relation to the moon in D-9 OR is it the pranapada lagnas Navamsa position should be in a trine from Moons Navamsa position? Thanks for the help.

Hare Krishna

SudharsanPlease Chant ---- HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE and Be happy

Dera Sudarshan,

Namaste,

I think, we should see pranapada lagnas Navamsa position

should be in trine's with Moons Navamsa.

Guru's please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Raghunadha Rao

varahamihira , Sudharsan Srinivasan

<sudhar108> wrote:

>

> Hare Rama Krishna

>

> Dear Gurus and Members,

>

> During rectification of time, I want to use the pranapada lagna in

trines to the Moons navamsa position dictum.My doubt is are we

supposed to use the Pranapada lagnas Rasi position in relation to the

moon in D-9 OR is it the pranapada lagnas Navamsa position should be

in a trine from Moons Navamsa position? Thanks for the help.

>

> Hare Krishna

>

> Sudharsan

>

>

> Please Chant ----

>

> HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA

> KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE

> HARE RAMA HARE RAMA

> RAMA RAMA HARE HARE

>

> and Be happy

Dear Sudharsan,

Use Moon's position in navamsa and pranapada lagna's position in

navamsa. They should be in mutual trines. For example, I have Moon in

Gemini navamsa and PPL in Taurus rasi, Aquarius navamsa.

If we take PPL in rasi and not navamsa, then there is a 6-min window

of time in which human beings can be born and then a 20-minute window

in which human beings cannot be born and again a 6-minute window in

which human beings can be born. It is not logical.

BTW, interestingly I was working with my pranapada lagna just a while

ago! Sanjay ji told me to make my Vimsottari dasa class on Oct 4-5

very exhaustive and cover everything related to Vimsottari. He told

me to give atleast one example of interpreting upto deha-antardasa

(six levels). Interpretation of one of those six levels needs

pranapada lagna. Sanjay ji mentioned it and asked me to cover it. So

I took a break from work and rectified my chart as well as my dasa,

to explain some known events (and eventful days) upto six levels.

Just when I was finished, I saw your mail!

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

> Hare Rama Krishna

>

> Dear Gurus and Members,

>

> During rectification of time, I want to use the pranapada lagna in

trines to the Moons navamsa position dictum.My doubt is are we

supposed to use the Pranapada lagnas Rasi position in relation to the

moon in D-9 OR is it the pranapada lagnas Navamsa position should be

in a trine from Moons Navamsa position? Thanks for the help.

>

> Hare Krishna

>

> Sudharsan

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Narasimha,

Thank you for the help.The rectification using Pranapada was key to fixing my D60 Lagna as I was satisfied with the rest of the divisions.

I was trying to rectify my D60 as it was nagging me.I was not able to accept the Scorpio Lagna(for no logical reason).It had Rahu and Saturn in the ninth and the Sun in the twelfth indebility.Now with Dhanur Lagna, I have the SUn debilitated in the 11th indicating a problem with my Father and gains in the past birth.This matches with my Rasi chart and the Sun afflicted in a Pitru Shapa and he is the lord of the 11th house.During Sun Antara, I made a series of investments that went down south.So it did affect my gains.

Moreover, after hearing Sanjay ji's lectures in the Varga Workshop, I wanted to find out why I came to SJC for jyotish vidya. I accidentally found SJC on the web last year during the Antara Dasa of the Moon(8th lord in D60) and D10.I saw Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's picture on Sanjay ji's old website and immediately felt attracted to this group.His picture was key. Now Sanjay ji was expalining that in his D60, Guru was in Cancer and KEtu was in Pisces.He also spoke of Guru signifying Sri Jagannatha and especially in Cancer a watery sign with an exalted moon aspecting the same.He spoke of one other student and a similar combination.In my D60 I have Jupiter in Pisces and Ketu in Makara aspecting Cancer.

Now I will have to wait for Sri Jagannatha to reveal more knowledge through Sanjay ji,yourself and other Gurus and learn deeper analysis of the D-60.Thanks for your help.

HAre Krishna

Sudharsan

pvr108 <pvr wrote:

Dear Sudharsan,Use Moon's position in navamsa and pranapada lagna's position innavamsa. They should be in mutual trines. For example, I have Moon in Gemini navamsa and PPL in Taurus rasi, Aquarius navamsa.If we take PPL in rasi and not navamsa, then there is a 6-min windowof time in which human beings can be born and then a 20-minute windowin which human beings cannot be born and again a 6-minute window inwhich human beings can be born. It is not logical.BTW, interestingly I was working with my pranapada lagna just a while ago! Sanjay ji told me to make my Vimsottari dasa class on Oct 4-5 very exhaustive and cover everything related to Vimsottari. He told me to give atleast one example of interpreting upto deha-antardasa(six levels). Interpretation of one of those six levels needspranapada lagna. Sanjay ji mentioned

it and asked me to cover it. SoI took a break from work and rectified my chart as well as my dasa, to explain some known events (and eventful days) upto six levels.Just when I was finished, I saw your mail!May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> Hare Rama Krishna> > Dear Gurus and Members,> > During rectification of time, I want to use the pranapada lagna in trines to the Moons navamsa position dictum.My doubt is are we supposed to use the Pranapada lagnas Rasi position in relation to the moon in D-9 OR is it the pranapada lagnas Navamsa position should be in a trine from Moons Navamsa position? Thanks for the help.> > Hare Krishna> > Sudharsan|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Om Srim Dhlim Jyotir-Brahmaaya Namah

Dear Sudharsan

do not miss that workshop for anything in the world as it will cover a lot of ground in the Vimsottari dasa. Get all the questions that you have and let us resolve all issues together. I am confidant that Narasimha's exposition shall be among the best ever given his very scientific and logical approach as well as his systematic handling of the subjects.

With Best Regards

Sanjay Rath

----

varahamihira

Thursday, September 25, 2003 07:14:48 PM

varahamihira

Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Narasimha,

Thank you for the help.The rectification using Pranapada was key to fixing my D60 Lagna as I was satisfied with the rest of the divisions.

I was trying to rectify my D60 as it was nagging me.I was not able to accept the Scorpio Lagna(for no logical reason).It had Rahu and Saturn in the ninth and the Sun in the twelfth indebility.Now with Dhanur Lagna, I have the SUn debilitated in the 11th indicating a problem with my Father and gains in the past birth.This matches with my Rasi chart and the Sun afflicted in a Pitru Shapa and he is the lord of the 11th house.During Sun Antara, I made a series of investments that went down south.So it did affect my gains.

Moreover, after hearing Sanjay ji's lectures in the Varga Workshop, I wanted to find out why I came to SJC for jyotish vidya. I accidentally found SJC on the web last year during the Antara Dasa of the Moon(8th lord in D60) and D10.I saw Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's picture on Sanjay ji's old website and immediately felt attracted to this group.His picture was key. Now Sanjay ji was expalining that in his D60, Guru was in Cancer and KEtu was in Pisces.He also spoke of Guru signifying Sri Jagannatha and especially in Cancer a watery sign with an exalted moon aspecting the same.He spoke of one other student and a similar combination.In my D60 I have Jupiter in Pisces and Ketu in Makara aspecting Cancer.

Now I will have to wait for Sri Jagannatha to reveal more knowledge through Sanjay ji,yourself and other Gurus and learn deeper analysis of the D-60.Thanks for your help.

HAre Krishna

Sudharsan

pvr108 <pvr wrote:

Dear Sudharsan,Use Moon's position in navamsa and pranapada lagna's position innavamsa. They should be in mutual trines. For example, I have Moon in Gemini navamsa and PPL in Taurus rasi, Aquarius navamsa.If we take PPL in rasi and not navamsa, then there is a 6-min windowof time in which human beings can be born and then a 20-minute windowin which human beings cannot be born and again a 6-minute window inwhich human beings can be born. It is not logical.BTW, interestingly I was working with my pranapada lagna just a while ago! Sanjay ji told me to make my Vimsottari dasa class on Oct 4-5 very exhaustive and cover everything related to Vimsottari. He told me to give atleast one example of interpreting upto deha-antardasa(six levels). Interpretation of one of those six levels needspranapada lagna. Sanjay ji mentioned it and asked me to cover it. SoI took a break from work and rectified my chart as well as my dasa, to explain some known events (and eventful days) upto six levels.Just when I was finished, I saw your mail!May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> Hare Rama Krishna> > Dear Gurus and Members,> > During rectification of time, I want to use the pranapada lagna in trines to the Moons navamsa position dictum.My doubt is are we supposed to use the Pranapada lagnas Rasi position in relation to the moon in D-9 OR is it the pranapada lagnas Navamsa position should be in a trine from Moons Navamsa position? Thanks for the help.> > Hare Krishna> > Sudharsan|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

|Brihaspatim Varenyam|

Dear Jay and list.

Heres an extract from the writeup i'm preparing for this weekends workshop on Nashta Jataka. You will need the 'URW Palladio' font to read the translation whilst for the sanskrit you will need the 'Sanskrit 99' font.

This is only 1 of the many points we will be discussing for rectification. Also we will discuss any rectification techniques which the attendies of the workshop wish to learn about.

Rectification of the Praëapada

Awva àkaraNtre[ l¶-æaiNt-inrakr[m!

athavä prakäräntareëa lagna-bhränti-niräkaraëam

Now follows the (method) of determination of the various species from the traversal of the lagna – Mukunda Daivajïa

ik< vEkta à[-pda¼-Éagyae> zuÏ< ivl¶< guilkaÊteNÊt>,

kià vaikatä praëa-padäìga-bhägayoù çuddhaà vilagnaà gulikädutendutaù|

If there is no difference between Navamsa Lagna and Praëapada, then no rectification is required – Translated by Mukunda Daivajïa

tSmaiTÇkae[aiÉx-Ée jnuStnuÉRnUÑvSyetrwa pzaejRin>.20.

tasmättrikoëäbhidha-bhe janustanurbhanüdbhavasyetarathä paçorjaniù||20||

From that (Moon and Navamsa Lagna are mentioned in the prior çloka) it (Praëapada) can also be placed in trines to it. If Navamsa Lagna is different from this, the birth of an animal is indicated. – Translated and commented by Mukunda Daivajïa

Here we have a clear reference to the use of Praëapada’s use when rectifying the chart. The Praëapada can be placed in trines to the Lagna or the Moon for human-births. For other births it depends on the planet lording them. I.e. for Birds Sun is the ruler, and hence Praëapada in trines to the Sun is required in such cases. The other lordships will depend on the planets designated to the various species in the Käla Chakra.

Question: How do we determine the birth of dogs?

For people who do not know their birth details its a prerequisite that Mandi be placed strongly in the Kendra from Navamsa Lagna.

Question: Why Kendra and not trikona?

Question: How to determine which details are lost? i.e. is it the month? time? year?

Best wishes, Visti.

-"Visti A. Larsen" Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:13:59 -0400|Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

|Brihaspatim Varenyam|

Dear Jay and list.

Heres an extract from the writeup i'm preparing for this weekends workshop on Nashta Jataka. You will need the 'URW Palladio' font to read the translation whilst for the sanskrit you will need the 'Sanskrit 99' font.

This is only 1 of the many points we will be discussing for rectification. Also we will discuss any rectification techniques which the attendies of the workshop wish to learn about.

Now follows the (method) of determination of the various species from the traversal of the lagna – Mukunda Daivajïa

If there is no difference between Navamsa Lagna and Praëapada, then no rectification is required – Translated by Mukunda Daivajïa

"Here we have a clear reference to the use of Praëapada’s use when rectifying the chart. The Praëapada can be placed in trines to the Lagna or the Moon for human-births" Visti writes.

Hm, My PPL is in Ta /Cn Lagna/, trine Sun- Just realized I was a bird-excellent!Anna

From that (Moon and Navamsa Lagna are mentioned in the prior çloka) it (Praëapada) can also be placed in trines to it. If Navamsa Lagna is different from this, the birth of an animal is indicated. –

"Here we have a clear reference to the use of Praëapada’s use when rectifying the chart. The Praëapada can be placed in trines to the Lagna or the Moon for human-births"

Translated and commented by Mukunda Daivajïa

Here we have a clear reference to the use of Praëapada’s use when rectifying the chart. The Praëapada can be placed in trines to the Lagna or the Moon for human-births. For other births it depends on the planet lording them. I.e. for Birds Sun is the ruler, and hence Praëapada in trines to the Sun is required in such cases. The other lordships will depend on the planets designated to the various species in the Käla Chakra.

For people who do not know their birth details its a prerequisite that Mandi be placed strongly in the Kendra from Navamsa Lagna.

Question: How to determine which details are lost? i.e. is it the month? time? year?

Best wishes, Visti.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Visti,

Thanks for your mail.

That confirms that I did use the pranapada correctly (from lagna or Moon and not only Moon).

However, I am curious to read Narasimha's comment to Kunda, which I always take as the first "check".

On the other hand, the pranapada can fall into as much as 4 different houses which are 33% (when Moon is not in Navamsa lagna), so we may need a finer tuning ...

Warm regards

/Jay Weiss

-

Visti A. Larsen

varahamihira

Cc: vedic astrology ; vyasa ;

Friday, September 26, 2003 6:13 PM

|Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

|Brihaspatim Varenyam|

Dear Jay and list.

From that (Moon and Navamsa Lagna are mentioned in the prior çloka) it (Praëapada) can also be placed in trines to it. If Navamsa Lagna is different from this, the birth of an animal is indicated. – Translated and commented by Mukunda Daivajïa

Brihaspatim Varenyam

Dear Jay,

Actually i use the pranapada once i feel the most vital divisions including Shastyamsa, is correct. At such a level the choice of only 2 signs for pranapada may prevail. Kunda is sureshot almost always, if you understand it correctly.

Best wishes, visti.

-

J. Weiss

varahamihira

Friday, September 26, 2003 5:05 PM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

Dear Visti,

Thanks for your mail.

That confirms that I did use the pranapada correctly (from lagna or Moon and not only Moon).

However, I am curious to read Narasimha's comment to Kunda, which I always take as the first "check".

On the other hand, the pranapada can fall into as much as 4 different houses which are 33% (when Moon is not in Navamsa lagna), so we may need a finer tuning ...

Warm regards

/Jay Weiss

-

Visti A. Larsen

varahamihira

Cc: vedic astrology ; vyasa ;

Friday, September 26, 2003 6:13 PM

|Brihaspatim Varenyam|

Dear Jay and list.

||Om Brihaspataye Namah||

Dear All people involved in this discussion,

I know that pranapada lagna (PPL) and kunda, not to speak generally

of birthtime rectification, are all advanced concepts but

nevertheless, in the light of this discussion, I took a quick look

at my navamsa to catch the 'breathing' picture. I found that my

navamsa lagna is Cp with Mo in Vi and PPL in Aq. That means (as per

Visti's email) that neither it is coincident with navamsa lagna nor

in trines to Mo. So here are the questions:-

(1) does it mean that birth time rectification is needed to *some

extent* ?? Fundamentally, Yes or No?

(2)While Narasimha implies he used PPL synchronization *mainly for

the purposes of verifying events at the level of Vimsottari deha-

antardasa*. This means that rectification of PPL has no immediate

impact at Vimsottari antardasa level; so the question is there any

other way to check the impact of PPL synchronization without resort

to Vimsottari dasa levels?

(3)For my own case, *if PPL rectification has to be done*, how would

one proceed:

(a) synchronize the navamsa lagna with PPL?

(b) synchronize the moon's position with PPL position?

© related to question 3(b), which of the trines to choose,

assuming that the moon's position does not change within the

timewindow of rectification? the closer trine or the farther trine?

regards

Hari

varahamihira , " pvr108 " <pvr@c...> wrote:

> Dear Sudharsan,

>

> Use Moon's position in navamsa and pranapada lagna's position in

> navamsa. They should be in mutual trines. For example, I have Moon

in

> Gemini navamsa and PPL in Taurus rasi, Aquarius navamsa.

>

> If we take PPL in rasi and not navamsa, then there is a 6-min

window

> of time in which human beings can be born and then a 20-minute

window

> in which human beings cannot be born and again a 6-minute window in

> which human beings can be born. It is not logical.

>

> BTW, interestingly I was working with my pranapada lagna just a

while

> ago! Sanjay ji told me to make my Vimsottari dasa class on Oct 4-5

> very exhaustive and cover everything related to Vimsottari. He

told

> me to give atleast one example of interpreting upto deha-antardasa

> (six levels). Interpretation of one of those six levels needs

> pranapada lagna. Sanjay ji mentioned it and asked me to cover it.

So

> I took a break from work and rectified my chart as well as my

dasa,

> to explain some known events (and eventful days) upto six levels.

> Just when I was finished, I saw your mail!

>

> May Jupiter's light shine on us,

> Narasimha

>

>

Dear Hari,

Allow me to try and answer your questions:

1. Yes

2. PPL adjustment is a birth time change and affect Vimshottari at all

levels, though mostly at the lower and less or none (comparatively) at the

higher level (maha).

3. Judging events on the divisional charts level with the Vimshottari

periods (#2 above) especially at the higher D's and/or those who change

lagna.

4. As in #3 above.

I do not understand your " the closer trine or the farther trine " - how

can a trine be " closer " or " further " from anywhere ?

Kind regards

Jay Weiss

-

" onlyhari " <onlyhari

<varahamihira >

Saturday, September 27, 2003 5:27 AM

> ||Om Brihaspataye Namah||

>

> Dear All people involved in this discussion,

>

> I know that pranapada lagna (PPL) and kunda, not to speak generally

> of birthtime rectification, are all advanced concepts but

> nevertheless, in the light of this discussion, I took a quick look

> at my navamsa to catch the 'breathing' picture. I found that my

> navamsa lagna is Cp with Mo in Vi and PPL in Aq. That means (as per

> Visti's email) that neither it is coincident with navamsa lagna nor

> in trines to Mo. So here are the questions:-

>

> (1) does it mean that birth time rectification is needed to *some

> extent* ?? Fundamentally, Yes or No?

>

> (2)While Narasimha implies he used PPL synchronization *mainly for

> the purposes of verifying events at the level of Vimsottari deha-

> antardasa*. This means that rectification of PPL has no immediate

> impact at Vimsottari antardasa level; so the question is there any

> other way to check the impact of PPL synchronization without resort

> to Vimsottari dasa levels?

>

> (3)For my own case, *if PPL rectification has to be done*, how would

> one proceed:

>

> (a) synchronize the navamsa lagna with PPL?

> (b) synchronize the moon's position with PPL position?

> © related to question 3(b), which of the trines to choose,

> assuming that the moon's position does not change within the

> timewindow of rectification? the closer trine or the farther trine?

>

> regards

> Hari

> varahamihira , " pvr108 " <pvr@c...> wrote:

> > Dear Sudharsan,

> >

> > Use Moon's position in navamsa and pranapada lagna's position in

> > navamsa. They should be in mutual trines. For example, I have Moon

> in

> > Gemini navamsa and PPL in Taurus rasi, Aquarius navamsa.

> >

> > If we take PPL in rasi and not navamsa, then there is a 6-min

> window

> > of time in which human beings can be born and then a 20-minute

> window

> > in which human beings cannot be born and again a 6-minute window in

> > which human beings can be born. It is not logical.

> >

> > BTW, interestingly I was working with my pranapada lagna just a

> while

> > ago! Sanjay ji told me to make my Vimsottari dasa class on Oct 4-5

> > very exhaustive and cover everything related to Vimsottari. He

> told

> > me to give atleast one example of interpreting upto deha-antardasa

> > (six levels). Interpretation of one of those six levels needs

> > pranapada lagna. Sanjay ji mentioned it and asked me to cover it.

> So

> > I took a break from work and rectified my chart as well as my

> dasa,

> > to explain some known events (and eventful days) upto six levels.

> > Just when I was finished, I saw your mail!

> >

> > May Jupiter's light shine on us,

> > Narasimha

> >

> >

>

>

>

> |Om Tat Sat|

> http://www.varahamihira

>

>

Dear Jay,

" I do not understand your "the closer trine or the farther trine" - howcan a trine be "closer" or "further" from anywhere ?"

you said.

My response may not be what Hari meant to say, but anyway..

"Application" trine is stronger than "separation trine", or square /kendra/ opposition /sextile ANY aspect/. Let's see oen example: I have Mars trine Rahu, 9Li-9AQ. Faster moving planet is Mars and it is AT, meaning the planet will be within trine orb much longer than it is in ST, where Mars in Ge will be going away from rahu in AQ, which IS weaker trine. If Mars were R, that would make configuration even more potent.

That's the reason why planetary promisses /good or bad/ increase with R motion.

The most potent beneficial aspect I know of is Su Trine JuR- Plus, take the fact that Ju makes trine aspect with Sun MOST OF THE TIME during it's retrograde motion, and you'll have a clearer picture of c. potency. Not all trines are the same, obviously. Why? Bcs. Ju will cross T point three times, being within T orb MUCH longer. If it happens that it's AT it's even more potent. ST /aspect, any/ is of shorter duration, life. One would say it's western, it implies use of progressions. Firstly pr. are the most accurate prediction tool I personally know of, secondly, it is inherent part of Jyotish logic as well, though not always explained fully: Exact Graha T. will be conj. in Navamsa, while only rashi aspect won't. And on retrograde planet discussion we've heared so often, we see common logic of both western and vedic astrology.

Pay attention to that easy to spot factor, will see it works.

Why are R planets stronger- bcs. they stay longer ..there.. and make aspects..etc.. Stationary D or R, makes Pl. extremely powerful-

On PPl- I have to learn more to understand your post fully. Just made note of the posts for the time being. Thanks for that.Kind regards,

AnnaJay WeissPS Being an expert on 'second' marriage /more than just astrologicaly :) that writing of yours is expected soon?

-"J. Weiss" Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:57:51 +0200Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and RectificationDear Hari,Allow me to try and answer your questions:1. Yes2. PPL adjustment is a birth time change and affect Vimshottari at alllevels, though mostly at the lower and less or none (comparatively) at thehigher level (maha).3. Judging events on the divisional charts level with the Vimshottariperiods (#2 above) especially at the higher D's and/or those who changelagna.4. As in #3 above. I do not understand your "the closer trine or the farther trine" - howcan a trine be "closer" or "further" from anywhere ?Kind regardsJay Weiss- "onlyhari" <onlyhari<varahamihira >S

aturday, September 27, 2003 5:27 AM|Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification> ||Om Brihaspataye Namah||>> Dear All people involved in this discussion,>> I know that pranapada lagna (PPL) and kunda, not to speak generally> of birthtime rectification, are all advanced concepts but> nevertheless, in the light of this discussion, I took a quick look> at my navamsa to catch the 'breathing' picture. I found that my> navamsa lagna is Cp with Mo in Vi and PPL in Aq. That means (as per> Visti's email) that neither it is coincident with navamsa lagna nor> in trines to Mo. So here are the questions:->> (1) does it mean that birth time rectification is needed to *some> extent* ?? Fundamentally, Yes or No?>> (2)While Narasimha implies he used PPL synchronization *mainly for> the purposes of verifying events at the level of Vimsottari deha-> antardasa*. This means that rectification of PPL has no immediate> impact at Vimsottari antardasa level; so the question is there any> other way to check the impact of PPL synchronization without resort> to Vimsottari dasa levels?>> (3)For my own case, *if PPL rectification has to be done*, how would> one proceed:>> (a) synchronize the navamsa lagna with PPL?> (b) synchronize the moon's position with PPL position?> © related to question 3(b), which of the trines to choose,> assuming that the moon's position does not change within the> timewindow of rectification? the closer trine or the farther trine?>> regards> Hari> varahamihira , "pvr108" <pvr@c...> wrote:> > Dear Sudharsan,> >> > Use Moon's position in navamsa and pranapada lagna's position in> > navamsa. They should be in mutual trine

s. For example, I have Moon> in> > Gemini navamsa and PPL in Taurus rasi, Aquarius navamsa.> >> > If we take PPL in rasi and not navamsa, then there is a 6-min> window> > of time in which human beings can be born and then a 20-minute> window> > in which human beings cannot be born and again a 6-minute window in> > which human beings can be born. It is not logical.> >> > BTW, interestingly I was working with my pranapada lagna just a> while> > ago! Sanjay ji told me to make my Vimsottari dasa class on Oct 4-5> > very exhaustive and cover everything related to Vimsottari. He> told> > me to give atleast one example of interpreting upto deha-antardasa> > (six levels). Interpretation of one of those six levels needs> > pranapada lagna. Sanjay ji mentioned it and asked me to cover it.> So> > I took a b

reak from work and rectified my chart as well as my> dasa,> > to explain some known events (and eventful days) upto six levels.> > Just when I was finished, I saw your mail!> >> > May Jupiter's light shine on us,> > Narasimha> >> >>>>> |Om Tat Sat|> http://www.varahamihira>>

varahamihira , jyotish108@c... wrote:

> " Here we have a clear reference to the use of Praëapada's use when

rectifying the chart. The Praëapada can be placed in trines to the

Lagna or the Moon for human-births " Visti writes.

Hm, My PPL is in Ta /Cn Lagna/, trine Sun- Just realized I was a

bird-excellent!

Anna

Dear Jay,

Would you explain KUNDA and who do you use it in rectification, in

plain Englis, please.

Thanks.

Anna

-- In varahamihira , " J. Weiss " <jayhw@t...> wrote:

> Dear Visti,

>

> Thanks for your mail.

> That confirms that I did use the pranapada correctly (from lagna

or Moon and not only Moon).

> However, I am curious to read Narasimha's comment to Kunda, which

I always take as the first " check " .

>

> On the other hand, the pranapada can fall into as much as 4

different houses which are 33% (when Moon is not in Navamsa lagna),

so we may need a finer tuning ...

> Warm regards

> /Jay Weiss

>

>

>

> -

> Visti A. Larsen

> varahamihira

> Cc: vedic astrology ; vyasa ;

> Friday, September 26, 2003 6:13 PM

> |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

>

>

> |Brihaspatim Varenyam|

> Dear Jay and list.

> Heres an extract from the writeup i'm preparing for this

weekends workshop on Nashta Jataka. You will need the 'URW Palladio'

font to read the translation whilst for the sanskrit you will need

the 'Sanskrit 99' font.

> This is only 1 of the many points we will be discussing for

rectification. Also we will discuss any rectification techniques

which the attendies of the workshop wish to learn about.

> Rectification of the Praëapada

> Awva àkaraNtre[ l¶-æaiNt-inrakr[m!

>

> athavä prakäräntareëa lagna-bhränti-niräkaraëam

>

> Now follows the (method) of determination of the various species

from the traversal of the lagna - Mukunda Daivajïa

>

> ik< vEkta à[-pda¼-Éagyae> zuÏ< ivl¶< guilkaÊteNÊt>,

>

> kià vaikatä praëa-padäìga-bhägayoù çuddhaà vilagnaà

gulikädutendutaù|

>

> If there is no difference between Navamsa Lagna and Praëapada,

then no rectification is required - Translated by Mukunda Daivajïa

>

>

>

> tSmaiTÇkae[aiÉx-Ée jnuStnuÉRnUÑvSyetrwa pzaejRin>.20.

>

> tasmättrikoëäbhidha-bhe janustanurbhanüdbhavasyetarathä

paçorjaniù||20||

>

> From that (Moon and Navamsa Lagna are mentioned in the prior

çloka) it (Praëapada) can also be placed in trines to it. If Navamsa

Lagna is different from this, the birth of an animal is indicated. -

Translated and commented by Mukunda Daivajïa

>

> Here we have a clear reference to the use of Praëapada's use

when rectifying the chart. The Praëapada can be placed in trines to

the Lagna or the Moon for human-births. For other births it depends

on the planet lording them. I.e. for Birds Sun is the ruler, and

hence Praëapada in trines to the Sun is required in such cases. The

other lordships will depend on the planets designated to the various

species in the Käla Chakra.

>

>

>

> Question: How do we determine the birth of dogs?

>

>

>

> For people who do not know their birth details its a

prerequisite that Mandi be placed strongly in the Kendra from

Navamsa Lagna.

>

>

>

> Question: Why Kendra and not trikona?

>

> Question: How to determine which details are lost? i.e. is it

the month? time? year?

>

>

>

> Best wishes, Visti.

>

>

>

Dear Anna,

For everyones benefit:

Below is a copy of a 2 1/2 years old mail written by

Visti, explaining the Kunda rectification method.

There are a couple more in the archives (both lists)

Kind regards

Jay Weiss

http://www.alvicomm.com

http://w1.143.telia.com/~u14303830

Visti Larsen

Vedic-Astrology (AT) (DOT) Com

Sunday, May 20, 2001 12:39 PM

Kunda

Vyam Vysadevaya Namah

Dear List, Namaste.

As promised, I'm giving the Kunda method of rectification.

The Kunda rectification method is an easy and useful way of rectifying the

Lagna

within the; 1:30 degree range, which is useful for rectifying D-20 and D-24.

+ Calculation +

1. Take the longitude of the Lagna, and multiply it by 81.

2. Remove multiples of 360, and find the Nakshetra indicated by the

degree.

The Nakshetra should be in trines to either the Nama(name) Nakshatra or

the

Chandra(Moon) Nakshatra.

Its as simple as that.

I've made some slight modifications to make these calculations easier:

1. Take the longitude of the Lagna, and multiply by 81.

2. Divide the result with 1 Nakshetra(13:20 deg), and roundup to the next

integer.

3. Remove multiples of 9.

This will give one of the 9 trines to the nakshetras(27/3=9). Find the

trine

indicated by the Nama or Chandra Nakshetra, and adjust the Kunda.

- Example -

Lagna: 13 Sg 22

Chandra: 22 Vi 01; Hasta(4)

Nama Nakshetra: Vishaka(7)

1. 13 Sg 22 = 8*30+13:22 = 253:22:00 degrees * 81 = 20522:42:00

2. 20522:42:00/13:20 = 1539,2025 => 1540

3. 1540/9 = 171,111111.. => 0,111111*9 = 1

Hence the the 1st trine of Aswini, Magha and Moola has been found, yet

this doesn't

fit with the Nama(7th) nor Chandra(4th) Nakshetra.

Each Nakshatra is 0:10 degrees using the kunda rectification, so to get to

the

trines of Hasta, we must move the lagna; 0:10*4 atleast. This gives a lagna

of 13:50

+ Conclussions +

- Con's -

Having to rely on sanskrift interpretation of the Name nakshetra.

The Drekkana, Saptamsa and Navamsa/Dasamsa charts must be rectified first,

to

achieve a 1:30 degree acuracy which is approx (1:30*4) = 6 minutes.

- Pro's -

Can easily remove confusions in regards to D-20 and D-24 rectification.

Isn't dependant on the Sunrise/Sunset time.

Best wishes, Visti.

=========================================

-

" bona_mente " <jyotish108

<varahamihira >

Sunday, September 28, 2003 3:36 AM

> Dear Jay,

> Would you explain KUNDA and who do you use it in rectification, in

> plain Englis, please.

> Thanks.

> Anna

>

> -- In varahamihira , " J. Weiss " <jayhw@t...> wrote:

> > Dear Visti,

> >

> > Thanks for your mail.

> > That confirms that I did use the pranapada correctly (from lagna

> or Moon and not only Moon).

> > However, I am curious to read Narasimha's comment to Kunda, which

> I always take as the first " check " .

> >

> > On the other hand, the pranapada can fall into as much as 4

> different houses which are 33% (when Moon is not in Navamsa lagna),

> so we may need a finer tuning ...

> > Warm regards

> > /Jay Weiss

> >

> >

> >

> > -

> > Visti A. Larsen

> > varahamihira

> > Cc: vedic astrology ; vyasa ;

>

> > Friday, September 26, 2003 6:13 PM

> > |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

> >

> >

> > |Brihaspatim Varenyam|

> > Dear Jay and list.

> > Heres an extract from the writeup i'm preparing for this

> weekends workshop on Nashta Jataka. You will need the 'URW Palladio'

> font to read the translation whilst for the sanskrit you will need

> the 'Sanskrit 99' font.

> > This is only 1 of the many points we will be discussing for

> rectification. Also we will discuss any rectification techniques

> which the attendies of the workshop wish to learn about.

> > Rectification of the Praëapada

> > Awva àkaraNtre[ l¶-æaiNt-inrakr[m!

> >

> > athavä prakäräntareëa lagna-bhränti-niräkaraëam

> >

> > Now follows the (method) of determination of the various species

> from the traversal of the lagna - Mukunda Daivajïa

> >

> > ik< vEkta à[-pda¼-Éagyae> zuÏ< ivl¶< guilkaÊteNÊt>,

> >

> > kià vaikatä praëa-padäìga-bhägayoù çuddhaà vilagnaà

> gulikädutendutaù|

> >

> > If there is no difference between Navamsa Lagna and Praëapada,

> then no rectification is required - Translated by Mukunda Daivajïa

> >

> >

> >

> > tSmaiTÇkae[aiÉx-Ée jnuStnuÉRnUÑvSyetrwa pzaejRin>.20.

> >

> > tasmättrikoëäbhidha-bhe janustanurbhanüdbhavasyetarathä

> paçorjaniù||20||

> >

> > From that (Moon and Navamsa Lagna are mentioned in the prior

> çloka) it (Praëapada) can also be placed in trines to it. If Navamsa

> Lagna is different from this, the birth of an animal is indicated. -

> Translated and commented by Mukunda Daivajïa

> >

> > Here we have a clear reference to the use of Praëapada's use

> when rectifying the chart. The Praëapada can be placed in trines to

> the Lagna or the Moon for human-births. For other births it depends

> on the planet lording them. I.e. for Birds Sun is the ruler, and

> hence Praëapada in trines to the Sun is required in such cases. The

> other lordships will depend on the planets designated to the various

> species in the Käla Chakra.

> >

> >

> >

> > Question: How do we determine the birth of dogs?

> >

> >

> >

> > For people who do not know their birth details its a

> prerequisite that Mandi be placed strongly in the Kendra from

> Navamsa Lagna.

> >

> >

> >

> > Question: Why Kendra and not trikona?

> >

> > Question: How to determine which details are lost? i.e. is it

> the month? time? year?

> >

> >

> >

> > Best wishes, Visti.

> >

> >

> >

Thank you, Jay, good refference source as ever!

Anna_______________

Pain in life is inevitable, suffering is optional

-- _____________

Sign-up for your own personalized E-mail at Mail.com

CareerBuilder.com has over 400,000 jobs. Be smarter about your job search

|Hare Rama Krishna|

Dear Anna and List.

We just ended the Weekend workshop and the last day was a hit! The informal enviroment at the Yoga center made it very easy for us to learn and Sanjay couldn't stop giving out various principles on Nimitta and Nashta Jataka. I can promise that the handouts and audios will be very useful, as the whole day was focussed on Prasna. Another workshop in New York will be a further detailing on the specific tools of Prasna, and people who wish to learn more about Pranas should atleast add this workshops cd/s to their basket.

I noticed that you asked about Kunda. Kunda can literally be translated as; 9. Just like Ghati Lagna, is the movement of ghati's (water pots used for time-scales). Kunda is actually the Navamsa of the Navamsa = 9x9=81.

I explained in this years 1st issue of Jyotish Digest, how strongly the Kunda is linked to the native's tattwa... i.e. each person is born with a predominant element or tattwa which is part of our physical embodiment, and the time when this element comes into being, is seen from the Kunda.

Now take the email Jay has posted on the list regarding Kunda and its Nakshatra. This method is very limited and also forces us to take into account the name of the Jataka.. what if the jataka is of an animal?... These are the flaws. Get the article and you will thoroughly understand the tattwa and the true significance of the Rasi, Nakshatra and Navamsa, and from this apply the Kunda.

Best wishes, Visti.

-

J. Weiss

varahamihira

Sunday, September 28, 2003 3:11 AM

Dear Anna,For everyones benefit:Below is a copy of a 2 1/2 years old mail written byVisti, explaining the Kunda rectification method.There are a couple more in the archives (both lists)Kind regardsJay Weisshttp://www.alvicomm.comhttp://w1.143.telia.com/~u14303830*** ------- *** Visti Larsen Vedic-Astrology (AT) (DOT) Com Sunday, May 20, 2001 12:39 PM Kunda Vyam Vysadevaya Namah Dear List, Namaste. As promised, I'm giving the Kunda method of rectification.The Kunda rectification method is an easy and useful way of rectifying theLagnawithin the; 1:30 degree range, which is useful for rectifying D-20 and D-24. + Calculation + 1. Take the longitude of the Lagna, and multiply it by 81. 2. Remove multiples of 360, and find the Nakshetra indicated by thedegree. The Nakshetra should be in trines to either the Nama(name) Nakshatra ortheChandra(Moon) Nakshatra. Its as simple as that. I've made some slight modifications to make these calculations easier: 1. Take the longitude of the Lagna, and multiply by 81. 2. Divide the result with 1 Nakshetra(13:20 deg), and roundup to the nextinteger. 3. Remove multiples of 9. This will give one of the 9 trines to the nakshetras(27/3=9). Find thetrineindicated by the Nama or Chandra Nakshetra, and adjust the Kunda. - Example - Lagna: 13 Sg 22 Chandra: 22 Vi 01; Hasta(4) Nama Nakshetra: Vishaka(7) 1. 13 Sg 22 = 8*30+13:22 = 253:22:00 degrees * 81 = 20522:42:00 2. 20522:42:00/13:20 = 1539,2025 => 1540 3. 1540/9 = 171,111111.. => 0,111111*9 = 1 Hence the the 1st trine of Aswini, Magha and Moola has been found, yetthis doesn'tfit with the Nama(7th) nor Chandra(4th) Nakshetra. Each Nakshatra is 0:10 degrees using the kunda rectification, so to get tothetrines of Hasta, we must move the lagna; 0:10*4 atleast. This gives a lagnaof 13:50 + Conclussions + - Con's - Having to rely on sanskrift interpretation of the Name nakshetra. The Drekkana, Saptamsa and Navamsa/Dasamsa charts must be rectified first,toachieve a 1:30 degree acuracy which is approx (1:30*4) = 6 minutes. - Pro's - Can easily remove confusions in regards to D-20 and D-24 rectification. Isn't dependant on the Sunrise/Sunset time. Best wishes, Visti.=========================================- "bona_mente" <jyotish108<varahamihira >Sunday, September 28, 2003 3:36 AMRe: |Sri Varaha| Pranapada Lagna and Rectification> Dear Jay,> Would you explain KUNDA and who do you use it in rectification, in> plain Englis, please.> Thanks.> Anna>> -- In varahamihira , "J. Weiss" <jayhw@t...> wrote:> > Dear Visti,> >> > Thanks for your mail.> > That confirms that I did use the pranapada correctly (from lagna> or Moon and not only Moon).> > However, I am curious to read Narasimha's comment to Kunda, which> I always take as the first "check".> >> > On the other hand, the pranapada can fall into as much as 4> different houses which are 33% (when Moon is not in Navamsa lagna),> so we may need a finer tuning ...> > Warm regards> > /Jay Weiss> >> >> >> > - > > Visti A. Larsen> > varahamihira > > Cc: vedic astrology ; vyasa ;> > > Friday, September 26, 2003 6:13 PM> > |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification> >> >> > |Brihaspatim Varenyam|> > Dear Jay and list.> > Heres an extract from the writeup i'm preparing for this> weekends workshop on Nashta Jataka. You will need the 'URW Palladio'> font to read the translation whilst for the sanskrit you will need> the 'Sanskrit 99' font.> > This is only 1 of the many points we will be discussing for> rectification. Also we will discuss any rectification techniques> which the attendies of the workshop wish to learn about.> > Rectification of the Praëapada> > Awva àkaraNtre[ l¶-æaiNt-inrakr[m!> >> > athavä prakäräntareëa lagna-bhränti-niräkaraëam> >> > Now follows the (method) of determination of the various species> from the traversal of the lagna - Mukunda Daivajïa> >> > ik< vEkta à[-pda¼-Éagyae> zuÏ< ivl¶< guilkaÊteNÊt>,> >> > kià vaikatä praëa-padäìga-bhägayoù çuddhaà vilagnaà> gulikädutendutaù|> >> > If there is no difference between Navamsa Lagna and Praëapada,> then no rectification is required - Translated by Mukunda Daivajïa> >> >> >> > tSmaiTÇkae[aiÉx-Ée jnuStnuÉRnUÑvSyetrwa pzaejRin>.20.> >> > tasmättrikoëäbhidha-bhe janustanurbhanüdbhavasyetarathä> paçorjaniù||20||> >> > From that (Moon and Navamsa Lagna are mentioned in the prior> çloka) it (Praëapada) can also be placed in trines to it. If Navamsa> Lagna is different from this, the birth of an animal is indicated. -> Translated and commented by Mukunda Daivajïa> >> > Here we have a clear reference to the use of Praëapada's use> when rectifying the chart. The Praëapada can be placed in trines to> the Lagna or the Moon for human-births. For other births it depends> on the planet lording them. I.e. for Birds Sun is the ruler, and> hence Praëapada in trines to the Sun is required in such cases. The> other lordships will depend on the planets designated to the various> species in the Käla Chakra.> >> >> >> > Question: How do we determine the birth of dogs?> >> >> >> > For people who do not know their birth details its a> prerequisite that Mandi be placed strongly in the Kendra from> Navamsa Lagna.> >> >> >> > Question: Why Kendra and not trikona?> >> > Question: How to determine which details are lost? i.e. is it> the month? time? year?> >> >> >> > Best wishes, Visti.> >> >> >

||Om Brihaspataye Namah||

Dear Jay,

Namaste.

Thanks for answering my queries. With reference to the example posed

by me, I had basically asked the questions relating to the choices

available for birth time rectification (BRT) using PPL. Taking my

example, I could choose to synchronize PPL with navamsa lagna or

make it in trines to Mo. In the latter synchronization, I could

choose to make the PPL 5th from Mo or 9th from Mo and this is what I

meant by the closer or farther trine. As per my understanding of the

various mails on this topic, the sensitivity of PPL is around 90

seconds and anyway BRT using PPL or Kunda comes on the heels of