IndiaDivine.org

Pranapada Lagna and Rectification - Anna & Narasimha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Anna,

The concept of "approaching" and "separating" is with reference to any specific point i.e. it is dynamic and therefore works well with transits when the first has an "increasing" effect and the second "decreasing" (relatively to the reference point). This is what I always use for transits of Saturn/Jupiter/Rahu in particular.

Pranapada and Kunda are related to the trines and as such one needs to study the meaning of the trines. As for the trines in general there is plenty of "food" in the archives and as far as I remember a previous(?) member named 'Alex J' had some very good mails about it (I'll mail them to you if I can find them ...)

Narasimha has advocated using transits in the vargas which I surely accept and use BUT doubt as to implementing the above mentioned terms. Maybe Narasimha can comment that once he is available.

As for PPL, your understanding is correct. Sunrising time is a key (my understanding) and as many other controversial issues in Jyotish this one remains too.

As for the French part in your mail, I'll have to wait for a translation until my wife wakes up...<smile...>

Second marriage: see my previous mail.

[Anna: It's a relief to know that "only" half of your friends are divorced... how is the other half doing <smile> ?]

However here is a short list of timing marriage using the Vimshottari dasa/antar (I sure left out some other options...)

1. Dasha of 7th Lord or Lagna Lord. For 2nd marriage 2nd lord.

2. Lagna Lord or 7th lord of Navamsa.

3. Dasha of RAHU/VENUS (natural significator).

4. Dasha of 7th lord from VENUS.

5. Planet position 7th from Venus.

7. Dasha of planet placed in 7th house, aspecting 7th house or Lord. (2nd for 2nd marriage)

8. Dispositer of 7th Lord (2nd for 2nd)

9. Nakshatra lords related to the above (if you use them...)

Using Jaimini principles you can add the the periods of darakaraka

The transit of Saturn and Jupiter will surely influence two conditions out of these four:

7th house or 7th Lord (2nd for 2nd), Lagna or Lagna Lord

Kind regards

Jay Weiss

-

jyotish108

varahamihira

Sunday, September 28, 2003 2:45 AM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Pranapada Lagna and Rectification -> Anna

Dear Jay,

You certainly shoud 'buy' this concept in Rashi for sure, but I do not see any reason not consider that in vargas as well- Mars in gemini and Rahu in AQ are just about 'separation' or if we change words to fit your concept 'applying' and 'separating'- aspect, these are accepted terms, but as long as we talk about the same thing tou can call them approching-sep-ing if you wish.. However I think that vargas are too 'diminutive' for rashi concpets to be applied in same fashion. They are derived charts, and always stand in reference to Rashi, so you CAN APPLY this, but not literally-by ayaing I mean: you'll have in mind what Rasi said /like in my example, I have conj. of Mars and Rahu in Navansa, but I should always keep in mind,

that these planets are in AT in rashi, that means LIFE-LONG influence, as opposed to ST which appear in ONE period ; that's crucial / as in Mars MD, Ad, or Rahu MD, Ad, depending when they happen, when the aspect will vanish quite visibly, usually. No doubt in my mind, this is so.

On PP Rectification, I am not getting the point- I don't have any understanding, and thanking you for 'for due respect' smile, I won't say I know that- restification: I mentioned that assuming, but not stating it's true, that might be necessary to do prior to getting proper PPL- As you see, PL apply diferent sunrising ?is that correct? and places my PPLagna in Aries, while per Sanjay it is in Ta. I know as much as I told you now-nothing behind to be assumed- it's empty- waits for info to get the meaning.

So you say it has nothing to do with rectification: then, I say, I don't know nothing about either, and the only think they have in common, as per your imput, is that I need to learn both. Did I understand well? Thanks for that. That's box: DON"T KNOW in my mind, waits for you and other gurus to teach me. I don't tolerate well lack og understanding, lol, who cares, poor me..

Yes, I've noticed Ju T Sun, but JUR trine Sun is lot better. Ju/Su is one gardian angel, JuR/Su are two gardian angels, on each shoulder, NOTHING bad can happen to you /except that you KNOW nothing bad can happen to you and gain weight, but that's cute too. Don't forget, it WORKs for you always, all life.

I have Ju T. Moon, and you could have felt that already /Sun sextile Ju/, plus in 9th-5th, and I have experienced that as 'nothing really bad can ever happen to me. God always provide protection, and so far, even improvement. Oh God has been so good to me- You should also be very generous, and I KNOW you are, but your jyotish 'parampara' is missing, so I wote for Sanjay in this dpt, LoL, I know je suis l'enfant terribe- Je sais, mon amie, merci tres bien pour votre tollerance!

so please write on that second marrige, half of my friends are divoced!

And please teach me either, don't pretend you don't have my birth data-

Laugh and blessings

Ju and myself!-"J. Weiss" Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:58:34 +0200Re: |Sri Varaha| Pranapada Lagna and Rectification -> Anna

Dear Anna,

I suppose you mean "approaching" when you write "application" ?

Well, I buy the concept of approaching and separating when related to the rasi / natal chart but not so sure you can do that with D-charts.

The time frame we talk about here is a tiny fraction (max 120 seconds or so) that it will hardly affect the rasi chart or the first x-number of D-charts (depending naturally).

The birth chart is a frozen picture in time, <'click'> and there it is, with whatever is in the trines and everything else.

With all due respect, I can't see any relevancy of what you wrote to the pranapada rectification issue <smile...>.

Warm regards

Jay Weiss

By the way: I have Jupiter® trine the Sun (5/9) <another smile...>

-

jyotish108

varahamihira

Saturday, September 27, 2003 8:35 PM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

Dear Jay,

" I do not understand your "the closer trine or the farther trine" - howcan a trine be "closer" or "further" from anywhere ?"

you said.

My response may not be what Hari meant to say, but anyway..

"Application" trine is stronger than "separation trine", or square /kendra/ opposition /sextile ANY aspect/. Let's see oen example: I have Mars trine Rahu, 9Li-9AQ. Faster moving planet is Mars and it is AT, meaning the planet will be within trine orb much longer than it is in ST, where Mars in Ge will be going away from rahu in AQ, which IS weaker trine. If Mars were R, that would make configuration even more potent.

That's the reason why planetary promisses /good or bad/ increase with R motion.

The most potent beneficial aspect I know of is Su Trine JuR- Plus, take the fact that Ju makes trine aspect with Sun MOST OF THE TIME during it's retrograde motion, and you'll have a clearer picture of c. potency. Not all trines are the same, obviously. Why? Bcs. Ju will cross T point three times, being within T orb MUCH longer. If it happens that it's AT it's even more potent. ST /aspect, any/ is of shorter duration, life. One would say it's western, it implies use of progressions. Firstly pr. are the most accurate prediction tool I personally know of, secondly, it is inherent part of Jyotish logic as well, though not always explained fully: Exact Graha T. will be conj. in Navamsa, while only rashi aspect won't. And on retrograde planet discussion we've heared so often, we see common logic of both western and vedic astrology.

Pay attention to that easy to spot factor, will see it works.

Why are R planets stronger- bcs. they stay longer ..there.. and make aspects..etc.. Stationary D or R, makes Pl. extremely powerful-

On PPl- I have to learn more to understand your post fully. Just made note of the posts for the time being. Thanks for that.Kind regards,

AnnaJay WeissPS Being an expert on 'second' marriage /more than just astrologicaly :) that writing of yours is expected soon?

-"J. Weiss" Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:57:51 +0200Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and RectificationDear Hari,Allow me to try and answer your questions:1. Yes2. PPL adjustment is a birth time change and affect Vimshottari at alllevels, though mostly at the lower and less or none (comparatively) at thehigher level (maha).3. Judging events on the divisional charts level with the Vimshottariperiods (#2 above) especially at the higher D's and/or those who changelagna.4. As in #3 above. I do not understand your "the closer trine or the farther trine" - howcan a trine be "closer" or "further" from anywhere ?Kind regardsJay Weiss- "onlyhari" <onlyhari<varahamihira >S aturday, September 27, 2003 5:27 AM|Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification> ||Om Brihaspataye Namah||>> Dear All people involved in this discussion,>> I know that pranapada lagna (PPL) and kunda, not to speak generally> of birthtime rectification, are all advanced concepts but> nevertheless, in the light of this discussion, I took a quick look> at my navamsa to catch the 'breathing' picture. I found that my> navamsa lagna is Cp with Mo in Vi and PPL in Aq. That means (as per> Visti's email) that neither it is coincident with navamsa lagna nor> in trines to Mo. So here are the questions:->> (1) does it mean that birth time rectification is needed to *some> extent* ?? Fundamentally, Yes or No?>> (2)While Narasimha implies he used PPL synchronization *mainly for> the purposes of verifying events at the level of Vimsottari deha-< B R>> antardasa*. This means that rectification of PPL has no immediate> impact at Vimsottari antardasa level; so the question is there any> other way to check the impact of PPL synchronization without resort> to Vimsottari dasa levels?>> (3)For my own case, *if PPL rectification has to be done*, how would> one proceed:>> (a) synchronize the navamsa lagna with PPL?> (b) synchronize the moon's position with PPL position?> © related to question 3(b), which of the trines to choose,> assuming that the moon's position does not change within the> timewindow of rectification? the closer trine or the farther trine?>> regards> Hari> varahamihira , "pvr108" <pvr@c...> wrote:> > Dear Sudharsan,> >> > Use Moon's position in navamsa and pranapada lagna's position in> > navamsa. They should be in mutual tri ne s. For example, I have Moon> in> > Gemini navamsa and PPL in Taurus rasi, Aquarius navamsa.> >> > If we take PPL in rasi and not navamsa, then there is a 6-min> window> > of time in which human beings can be born and then a 20-minute> window> > in which human beings cannot be born and again a 6-minute window in> > which human beings can be born. It is not logical.> >> > BTW, interestingly I was working with my pranapada lagna just a> while> > ago! Sanjay ji told me to make my Vimsottari dasa class on Oct 4-5> > very exhaustive and cover everything related to Vimsottari. He> told> > me to give atleast one example of interpreting upto deha-antardasa> > (six levels). Interpretation of one of those six levels needs> > pranapada lagna. Sanjay ji mentioned it and asked me to cover it.> So> > I took a b reak from work and rectified my chart as well as my> dasa,> > to explain some known events (and eventful days) upto six levels.> > Just when I was finished, I saw your mail!> >> > May Jupiter's light shine on us,> > Narasimha> >> >>>>> |Om Tat Sat|> http://www.varahamihira>>

Dear Jay,

Good point. It's dinamic and works well with transit!!!

Hard TR aspect of Saturn is always more difficuly when A than when S.

If retrogression whith station ON the point doesn't change the pictur

I don't know how it works in Varga either, let's find out, I'll let

you know when sufficiently 'convinced'- which I doubt will be soon.

Like your initiative, you are such a good data bank- L.Roden of

Jyotish.

As for French, you said you speak 5 languages, and I assumed...ah

you know, what ass-u-me stands for /don't make ass-of-you-and-me,

sorry list for this, just shared commmon 'Comonwelt' joke..LOLL And

we know they are more advanced that we of 'primitive' descent are-

hello Brendan.

Half-divorced, almost half with 'indigo-blue-necks', and few

truly 'together', just first marriages.

Next time...will be...

Warmest wishes,to you and French speaking helper,

Yours,

Anna

varahamihira , " J. Weiss " <jayhw@t...> wrote:

> Dear Anna,

>

> The concept of " approaching " and " separating " is with reference to

any specific point i.e. it is dynamic and therefore works well with

transits when the first has an " increasing " effect and the

second " decreasing " (relatively to the reference point). This is

what I always use for transits of Saturn/Jupiter/Rahu in particular.

> Pranapada and Kunda are related to the trines and as such one

needs to study the meaning of the trines.

> As for the trines in general there is plenty of " food " in the

archives and as far as I remember a previous(?) member named 'Alex

J' had some very good mails about it (I'll mail them to you if I can

find them ...)

>

> Narasimha has advocated using transits in the vargas which I

surely accept and use BUT doubt as to implementing the above

mentioned terms. Maybe Narasimha can comment that once he is

available.

>

> As for PPL, your understanding is correct. Sunrising time is a key

(my understanding) and as many other controversial issues in Jyotish

this one remains too.

>

> As for the French part in your mail, I'll have to wait for a

translation until my wife wakes up...<smile...>

>

> Second marriage: see my previous mail.

> [Anna: It's a relief to know that " only " half of your friends are

divorced... how is the other half doing <smile> ?]

> However here is a short list of timing marriage using the

Vimshottari dasa/antar (I sure left out some other options...)

>

>

> 1. Dasha of 7th Lord or Lagna Lord. For 2nd marriage 2nd lord.

>

> 2. Lagna Lord or 7th lord of Navamsa.

>

> 3. Dasha of RAHU/VENUS (natural significator).

>

> 4. Dasha of 7th lord from VENUS.

>

> 5. Planet position 7th from Venus.

>

> 7. Dasha of planet placed in 7th house, aspecting 7th house or

Lord. (2nd for 2nd marriage)

>

> 8. Dispositer of 7th Lord (2nd for 2nd)

>

> 9. Nakshatra lords related to the above (if you use them...)

>

>

>

> Using Jaimini principles you can add the the periods of darakaraka

>

>

>

> The transit of Saturn and Jupiter will surely influence two

conditions out of these four:

>

> 7th house or 7th Lord (2nd for 2nd), Lagna or Lagna Lord

>

>

>

> Kind regards

>

> Jay Weiss

>

-

> jyotish108@c...

> varahamihira

> Sunday, September 28, 2003 2:45 AM

> Re: |Sri Varaha| Pranapada Lagna and Rectification ->

Anna

>

>

> Dear Jay,

>

> You certainly shoud 'buy' this concept in Rashi for sure, but I

do not see any reason not consider that in vargas as well- Mars in

gemini and Rahu in AQ are just about 'separation' or if we change

words to fit your concept 'applying' and 'separating'- aspect, these

are accepted terms, but as long as we talk about the same thing tou

can call them approching-sep-ing if you wish.. However I think that

vargas are too 'diminutive' for rashi concpets to be applied in same

fashion. They are derived charts, and always stand in reference to

Rashi, so you CAN APPLY this, but not literally-by ayaing I mean:

you'll have in mind what Rasi said /like in my example, I have conj.

of Mars and Rahu in Navansa, but I should always keep in mind,

>

> that these planets are in AT in rashi, that means LIFE-LONG

influence, as opposed to ST which appear in ONE period ; that's

crucial / as in Mars MD, Ad, or Rahu MD, Ad, depending when they

happen, when the aspect will vanish quite visibly, usually. No doubt

in my mind, this is so.

>

> On PP Rectification, I am not getting the point- I don't have

any understanding, and thanking you for 'for due respect' smile, I

won't say I know that- restification: I mentioned that assuming, but

not stating it's true, that might be necessary to do prior to

getting proper PPL- As you see, PL apply diferent sunrising ?is that

correct? and places my PPLagna in Aries, while per Sanjay it is in

Ta. I know as much as I told you now-nothing behind to be assumed-

it's empty- waits for info to get the meaning.

>

> So you say it has nothing to do with rectification: then, I say,

I don't know nothing about either, and the only think they have in

common, as per your imput, is that I need to learn both. Did I

understand well? Thanks for that. That's box: DON " T KNOW in my mind,

waits for you and other gurus to teach me. I don't tolerate well

lack og understanding, lol, who cares, poor me..

>

> Yes, I've noticed Ju T Sun, but JUR trine Sun is lot better.

Ju/Su is one gardian angel, JuR/Su are two gardian angels, on each

shoulder, NOTHING bad can happen to you /except that you KNOW

nothing bad can happen to you and gain weight, but that's cute too.

Don't forget, it WORKs for you always, all life.

>

> I have Ju T. Moon, and you could have felt that already /Sun

sextile Ju/, plus in 9th-5th, and I have experienced that

as 'nothing really bad can ever happen to me. God always provide

protection, and so far, even improvement. Oh God has been so good to

me- You should also be very generous, and I KNOW you are, but your

jyotish 'parampara' is missing, so I wote for Sanjay in this dpt,

LoL, I know je suis l'enfant terribe- Je sais, mon amie, merci tres

bien pour votre tollerance!

>

> so please write on that second marrige, half of my friends are

divoced!

>

> And please teach me either, don't pretend you don't have my

birth data-

>

> Laugh and blessings

>

> Ju and myself!

>

> -

> " J. Weiss "

> Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:58:34 +0200

> To:

> Re: |Sri Varaha| Pranapada Lagna and Rectification ->

Anna

>

>

>

> Dear Anna,

>

> I suppose you mean " approaching " when you write " application " ?

> Well, I buy the concept of approaching and separating when

related to the rasi / natal chart but not so sure you can do that

with D-charts.

> The time frame we talk about here is a tiny fraction (max 120

seconds or so) that it will hardly affect the rasi chart or the

first x-number of D-charts (depending naturally).

> The birth chart is a frozen picture in time, <'click'> and there

it is, with whatever is in the trines and everything else.

> With all due respect, I can't see any relevancy of what you

wrote to the pranapada rectification issue <smile...>.

>

> Warm regards

> Jay Weiss

> By the way: I have Jupiter® trine the Sun (5/9) <another

smile...>

>

>

> -

> jyotish108@c...

> varahamihira

> Saturday, September 27, 2003 8:35 PM

> Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

>

>

> Dear Jay,

>

> " I do not understand your " the closer trine or the farther

trine " - how

> can a trine be " closer " or " further " from anywhere ? "

>

> you said.

>

> My response may not be what Hari meant to say, but anyway..

>

> " Application " trine is stronger than " separation trine " , or

square /kendra/ opposition /sextile ANY aspect/. Let's see oen

example: I have Mars trine Rahu, 9Li-9AQ. Faster moving planet is

Mars and it is AT, meaning the planet will be within trine orb much

longer than it is in ST, where Mars in Ge will be going away from

rahu in AQ, which IS weaker trine. If Mars were R, that would make

configuration even more potent.

>

> That's the reason why planetary promisses /good or bad/

increase with R motion.

>

> The most potent beneficial aspect I know of is Su Trine JuR-

Plus, take the fact that Ju makes trine aspect with Sun MOST OF THE

TIME during it's retrograde motion, and you'll have a clearer

picture of c. potency. Not all trines are the same, obviously. Why?

Bcs. Ju will cross T point three times, being within T orb MUCH

longer. If it happens that it's AT it's even more potent.

ST /aspect, any/ is of shorter duration, life. One would say it's

western, it implies use of progressions. Firstly pr. are the most

accurate prediction tool I personally know of, secondly, it is

inherent part of Jyotish logic as well, though not always explained

fully: Exact Graha T. will be conj. in Navamsa, while only rashi

aspect won't. And on retrograde planet discussion we've heared so

often, we see common logic of both western and vedic astrology.

>

> Pay attention to that easy to spot factor, will see it works.

>

> Why are R planets stronger- bcs. they stay longer ..there..

and make aspects..etc.. Stationary D or R, makes Pl. extremely

powerful-

>

> On PPl- I have to learn more to understand your post fully.

Just made note of the posts for the time being. Thanks for that.

>

> Kind regards,

>

> Anna

> Jay Weiss

> PS Being an expert on 'second' marriage /more than just

astrologicaly :) that writing of yours is expected soon?

>

>

>

>

>

> -

> " J. Weiss "

> Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:57:51 +0200

> To:

> Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

>

> Dear Hari,

>

> Allow me to try and answer your questions:

>

> 1. Yes

> 2. PPL adjustment is a birth time change and affect

Vimshottari at all

> levels, though mostly at the lower and less or none

(comparatively) at the

> higher level (maha).

> 3. Judging events on the divisional charts level with the

Vimshottari

> periods (#2 above) especially at the higher D's and/or those

who change

> lagna.

> 4. As in #3 above.

> I do not understand your " the closer trine or the farther

trine " - how

> can a trine be " closer " or " further " from anywhere ?

>

> Kind regards

> Jay Weiss

>

>

> -

> " onlyhari " <onlyhari>

> <varahamihira >

> S aturday, September 27, 2003 5:27 AM

> |Sri Varaha| Re: Pranapada Lagna and Rectification

>

>

> > ||Om Brihaspataye Namah||

> >

> > Dear All people involved in this discussion,

> >

> > I know that pranapada lagna (PPL) and kunda, not to speak

generally

> > of birthtime rectification, are all advanced concepts but

> > nevertheless, in the light of this discussion, I took a

quick look

> > at my navamsa to catch the 'breathing' picture. I found that

my

> > navamsa lagna is Cp with Mo in Vi and PPL in Aq. That means

(as per

> > Visti's email) that neither it is coincident with navamsa

lagna nor

> > in trines to Mo. So here are the questions:-

> >

> > (1) does it mean that birth time rectification is needed to

*some

> > extent* ?? Fundamentally, Yes or No?

> >

> > (2)While Narasimha implies he used PPL synchronization

*mainly for

> > the purposes of verifying events at the level of Vimsottari

deha-< B R>> antardasa*. This means that rectification of PPL has no

immediate

> > impact at Vimsottari antardasa level; so the question is

there any

> > other way to check the impact of PPL synchronization without

resort

> > to Vimsottari dasa levels?

> >

> > (3)For my own case, *if PPL rectification has to be done*,

how would

> > one proceed:

> >

> > (a) synchronize the navamsa lagna with PPL?

> > (b) synchronize the moon's position with PPL position?

> > © related to question 3(b), which of the trines to choose,

> > assuming that the moon's position does not change within the

> > timewindow of rectification? the closer trine or the farther

trine?

> >

> > regards

> > Hari

> > varahamihira , " pvr108 " <pvr@c...>

wrote:

> > > Dear Sudharsan,

> > >

> > > Use Moon's position in navamsa and pranapada lagna's

position in

> > > navamsa. They should be in mutual tri ne s. For example, I

have Moon

> > in

> > > Gemini navamsa and PPL in Taurus rasi, Aquarius navamsa.

> > >

> > > If we take PPL in rasi and not navamsa, then there is a 6-

min

> > window

> > > of time in which human beings can be born and then a 20-

minute

> > window

> > > in which human beings cannot be born and again a 6-minute

window in

> > > which human beings can be born. It is not logical.

> > >

> > > BTW, interestingly I was working with my pranapada lagna

just a

> > while

> > > ago! Sanjay ji told me to make my Vimsottari dasa class on

Oct 4-5

> > > very exhaustive and cover everything related to

Vimsottari. He

> > told

> > > me to give atleast one example of interpreting upto deha-

antardasa

> > > (six levels). Interpretation of one of those six levels

needs

> > > pranapada lagna. Sanjay ji mentioned it and asked me to

cover it.

> > So

> > > I took a b reak from work and rectified my chart as well

as my

> > dasa,

> > > to explain some known events (and eventful days) upto six

levels.

> > > Just when I was finished, I saw your mail!

> > >

> > > May Jupiter's light shine on us,

> > > Narasimha

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > |Om Tat Sat|

> > http://www.varahamihira

> >

> >