IndiaDivine.org

Vimsottari Dasa!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Gurave namah

Namaste friends,

Vimsottari dasa is the most commonly used dasa in Vedic astrology. Parasara said that it is an important dasa in Kali yuga.

SJC has a workshop at Edison, NJ on October 4-5, 2003 on Vimsottari dasa. I'll be teaching in 3 out of 4 sessions and Narayan Iyer will be teaching in the 4th session. Pt. Sanjay Rath and Jyotish Gurus Visti Larsen and Sanjay Prabhakaran will also be there and together we should be able to answer most of your questions.

One may think that Vimsottari dasa is a very basic topic and there is nothing to learn, but honestly I think that you will have something or the other to learn, no matter what your level is. With the blessings of Sanjay ji, I am going to try to cover a lot of ground and make it as comprehensive as time permits.

I'll be covering the following topics with plenty of practical examples:

(1) Calculation and meaning of Vimsottari dasa

(2) Interpretation of Vimsottari dasa

(3) Practical methods for timing events upto pratyantardasas (3 levels)

(4) Guidelines (with examples) for interpreting upto 6 levels (deha-antardasas)

(5) Use of dasa pravesha chakra (when dasa dates and times are accurate)

(6) RBV variation (Rasi-Bhukta Vimsottari dasa) and timing with it

(7) Use of nava tara chakra in Vimsottari dasa interpretation

(8) Tribhagi variation and its interpretation

(9) Other variations (utpanna Vimsottari dasa, kshema Vimsottari dasa, aadhaana Vimsottari dasa, lagna Vimsottari dasa, surya Vimsottari dasa and mandi Vimsottari dasa)

There will be plenty of examples and, in fact, one entire session (Sunday afternoon) is dedicated to examples.

The classes will start at 9 am sharp. I have a lot of ground to cover and I cannot lose time. Those who registered, please come on time!

Those who are religiously inclined can come early at 8:30 am and join me in a pooja. I'll be reading Lalita Sahasra Nama Stotram (1000 names of goddess Lalita - a saattwik form of Parvati) on Saturday (Vijaya Dasami day) and Vishnu Sahasra Nama Stotram (1000 names of Lord Vishnu) on Sunday, October 5. Those who want to join me in these poojas are most welcome to join me! Let us fill the room with some positive energy before the classes start!

If you are interested in attending, please send a mail to

naaraayana_iyer

or

narayan

I look forward to seeing some of you there.

At your service,Narasimha