IndiaDivine.org

Doubt related to Vimsottari Dasa, Lagna or Moon

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat,

Dear Learned Members,

I have a chart where the native has 4 planets in Kendra from Lagna (Mars, Venus, Rahu and Ketu) and 2 planets in Kendra from Moon (Mercury and Saturn). I am not sure if nodes are to be counted while determining the reference point for Vimsottari dasa. If yes! the reference point clearly goes in favor of Lagna. If not! both Moon and Lagna will have 2 planets each in Kendra. Moon probably will become the reference point.

I shall appreciate if a learned member can clarify this doubt.

Kind Regards

Ramesh

Dear Ramesh,

Though strengths based on more number of planets are indicated by some sages( specially Jaimini) it is with reference to a specific system. However nodes may not count in the scheme of things as when word graha is used it usually indicates the 7 physical planets including the luminaries.

Having said this,I am of the opinion that it is better to find out whether Natal Lagna is stronger or Chandra Lagna is stornger after going through their shadvargabalas and that of their Lords and then decide which of the two is stronger.As a matter of fact even Surya lagna should be so checked and then a decision taken. However having done this one should predict on the basis of Lagna from which the dashas are drawn.

You will however find that usually it is sufficient to draw dashas on the bassis of Moon placement and fairly near correct predictions are possible.

Others more learned than me might hold a different view.

Hope this helps.

Ramesh Gangaramani [ramesh.gangaramani]Saturday, October 11, 2003 1:35 PMVarahamihira (AT) (DOT) ComCc: vedic astrology Subject: |Sri Varaha| Doubt related to Vimsottari Dasa, Lagna or Moon

Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat,

Dear Learned Members,

I have a chart where the native has 4 planets in Kendra from Lagna (Mars, Venus, Rahu and Ketu) and 2 planets in Kendra from Moon (Mercury and Saturn). I am not sure if nodes are to be counted while determining the reference point for Vimsottari dasa. If yes! the reference point clearly goes in favor of Lagna. If not! both Moon and Lagna will have 2 planets each in Kendra. Moon probably will become the reference point.

I shall appreciate if a learned member can clarify this doubt.

Kind Regards

Ramesh

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira