IndiaDivine.org

Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life - Sarajit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sarajit,

Thanks for this good example which by the way IS NOT MY CHART.

Taking my chart as below:

+--------------+

|Me | Su | Ve | |

| | Ra | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

|-----------+-----------------------+-----------|

| | |Ma Sa |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

|-----------| Rasi |-----------|

| HL | |As |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

|Ju® | |Ke |Mo |

|AL | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

+--------------+

Tithi left in Hasta is 92.43% which gives a result of 0,90 rounded up to 1=Aries.

Aries is my 9th house(Dharma etc) having lagna lord Sun and Rahu (7th-L).

No Dirsti planets aspect the 9th though Jupiter has the 5th aspect on it from the 5th.

9th lord is Mars, debilitated in the 12th (yes, there was a huge turn in fortune, not once but twice...).

That leaves us with Sun & Rahu; certainly a karmic purpose but of what ?

Can you through some light on this please ?

Warm regards

Jay Weiss

-

Sarajit Poddar

varahamihira

Friday, October 24, 2003 3:25 AM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Jay,

Very clearly spelt out that we just cannot conclude 12 groups of purpose of life from 12 signs. So I suggested why not look into the Planets occupying those signs and those who are aspecting. Probably they can give some clue. If this is true that the sign shows purpose of life, then how easily we can achieve it can be seen from how well the lord is placed and how the Kendra, Konas and the Upachayas from the sign is placed with. Here I am just applying the standard rules and Only Assuming that they might be true as they are logical.

Lets see how well it fits in to your chart. For easy reference I am pasting the chart below:

+--------------+

|Ra | | |Ma AL |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

|GL | |Su Me |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

|-----------| Rasi |-----------|

|JuR | |As Ve |

| | |Sa |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | |

|Md |Gk |HL |Mo Ke |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

+--------------+

8th is the house of occult and there is something related to it which shows your purpose. 8th house is placed with Rahu who happens to be the 7th lord and aspected by Mars, Moon and Ketu who happen to be 4th/ 9th lord, 12th and 3rd lord respectively. This shows that your wife is very strongly related to the purpose of your birth. 7th lord going to the 8th house is not a good indication for the marital life. Added to this the aspect of 4th and 9th brings in the relations of Mother and father also. 9th and 12th shows that you shall be able to fulfill the purpose of life abroad. 3rd lords aspect shows that the brothers are also involved in some way.

Its difficult to find out from all these what exactly is the purpose of life, but it shows it revolves around your wife, parents and brothers. Possibly you owe a tremendous sense of duty towards them.

Now how successful you are in fulfilling your purpose can “possibly” seen from the placement of the lord of the sign, Jupiter. Jupiter is Debilitated showing, immense difficulties that shall cross your ways. But retrograde, showing that those will disappear the way they come. The upachayas from Pisces have Venus, Saturn and Jupiter himself, showing their indications shall always help you out in fulfilling your purpose and they would indicate, falling into relationships, hard work and broad mindedness and wisdom.

You shall be helped by the planets in the Kendras, if they are benefics and here Moon becomes very important. Probably your mother is most instrumental in helping you out in fulfilling the purpose we are discussing.

Hope I am not way off the mark.

Best Wishes

Sarajit

J. Weiss [jayhw] Thursday, October 23, 2003 4:57 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Dear Narasimha, Sarajit and members,

Indeed another fascinating topic of Jyotish but doesn't that 'simply' leave us (again?) with only 12 groups of "purpose of this life" ?

Please enlighten me/us.

Kindest regards

Jay Weiss

-

Ramesh Gangaramani

varahamihira

Thursday, October 23, 2003 9:30 AM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat

Dear Sarajitji,

I would like to know my purpose of life too. My tithi left is 2.78%, hence spent is 97.22%. As per this my Jyotirlingam will be indicated by 12th sign which is Pisces! I am a Leo lagna and Pisces is my 8th house. What would be the purpose of my life?

One of the earlier mails indicated Triyambekshwara as my Jyotirlinga that I should pray. Is that right?

Thank you for your help and kind regards

Ramesh

Sarajit Poddar [sarajit]Thursday, October 23, 2003 9:27 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Dilipda,

The percentage of Tithi already spent is 86.23% according to your calculation. Just find what is 86.23% of 12 and you have 10.34 as the reminder. Round up and you have 11 as the Jyotirlingam indicating sign. This is kedarnath as you said and represent 5th house. The mission is knowledge and mantra. What else? See what else is indicated by placement of the planets there and the aspects!

Best Wishes

Sarajit

drdilip [drdilip] Wednesday, October 22, 2003 7:35 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

II NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Narasimha ji

Namaste,

Any topic of jyotish gets a new dimension and a higher meaning when you explain. Thanks for explaining so nicely!

In my chart, JHL 5 shows krishna saptami and 13.77 % of it is left. This is subtracted from 100 , and we get 86.23. 86.23*3= 258.69. Dividing it by 25 , we get 10 and some fraction, rounding it up, we get 11. Thus the sign in my case is aquarius. The jyotirlinga is kedarnath.

Aquarius is my 5th house in rasi chart. What is the purpose then of my creation? Mantra sadhana ? Devotion to Lord ? Please explain.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

-

pvr108

varahamihira

Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:07 AM

|Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Om Namashshivaayai Cha NamashshivaayaDear Karen,Namaste.As the mantra I wrote at the beginning says, Moon and Sun symbolize Shivaa (Parvati) and Shiva respectively. It is their union that produces us all, for various purposes. Your mail captured it well and you remembered Sanjay's teaching so well.BTW, there is an easier way to compute this, if you have JHLite.In JHora or JHoraLite, look at the % of tithi left (both give it). Subtract the number from 100. Multiply the result with 3. Divide the resulting number by 25 and round it up to get an integer. That gives the index to the sign (1=Ar, 2=Ta and so on).Example: In my chart, JHoraLite shows Krishna Chaturdasi and shows the % of tithi left as 85.99%. Now, subtracting 85.99 from 100, I get 100-85.99=14.01. Multiplying with 3, I get 14.01x3=42.03. Dividing 42.03 by 25, I get (1+some fraction). Rounding it *up*, the integer I get is 2. So the sign in my case is Taurus (2nd sign).This sign shows the purpose of one's creation. In my case, Taurus is my 9th house as well as Lagnamsaka. It shows dharma as the purpose of my creation by my parents.Sanjay spoke on this in great detail last year at the west coast seminar too. Get those CDs from Lakshmi!There is one more thing. I don't remember if this was recorded in any of the CD's or not, but Sanjay mentioned using AK and AmK instead of Sun and Moon too (I remember that the first time Sanjay mentioned it was when we were all driving to Lakshmi's house one evening for dinner, but he may have mentioned it in a subsequent class too. I am not sure). Sun and Moon show the natural (naisargika/viswa/universal) atma and mana. They are relevant as far as creation (nisarga) is concerned. Naisargika karakatwas are lorded by Brahma, while chara karakwas are ruled by Vishnu. The individual atma and mana are shown by AK and AmK. They are more relevant as far as one's activities and spiritual progress are concerned (which are a Vishnu thing and not a Brahma thing)!!Sanjay mentioned doing similar calculations based on AK and AmK too. I leave it to you to interpret this...May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II> > Dear Dr. Dilip,> > I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast conference briefly. This is what I remember and I hope any errors will be corrected.> > One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with respect to the Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of the derived rasi will determine the jyotirlinga.> > Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an example. The chart is attached for reference in .jhd format. > > Moon 19 Aq 58= 319.81 degrees> Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07> > moon-sun= 208.8/ 12 degrees=> > 17.408 > > So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in other words, 3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most software will do this part..> > 17 tithis x 12 degree/tithi = 204> 208.8- 204= 4.4 degrees into the tithi> Converting this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.> > The jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is Dhusaneswar.> > This is my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is computed. You helped me by writing that this jyotirlinga is the giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit to one's health as well.> > Best Wishes,> Karen> > > Dear Gurus and learned members,> > Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we have come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in this lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst for this secrete knowledge.> > In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of this knowledge. If one constantly does the " Japa" of the Mantra associated with the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily. > > ......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make me understand what Guruji wanted to say i.e. how to find out the Jyotirlinga associated with the Janma Tithi.> > Warm regards> Dilip Banerjee.

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Sarajit,

In my last mail regarding "birth purpose" I made a stupid mistake (what was I thinking about... ?) , taking the Nakshatra "left%" instead of the Tithi...<you may smile!> ... thought the Rasi was correct ...

The true figure is Sukla Trayodasi at 26.29% left which gives it's result as 8.84 = Sag., my 5th house containing Jupiter® and aspected by rasi dirsti by Debl. Mercury from the 8th and Moon from the 2nd.

I am currently trying to make some sense out of this "new" discovery...

Any comments from will be appreciated.

Warm regards

/Jay Weiss

+--------------+

|Me | Su | Ve | |

| | Ra | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | | | |

| | |Ma Sa |

| | | |