IndiaDivine.org

Eclipse on 23rd??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om namo naaraayanaaya

Hi all,

Quite a few have mentioned that there'll be a solar eclipse on the 23rd. Unless something is awry with what I've been taught or the ephemeris I'm using, I can't see that happening. On the 23rd of November 2003, with Ke in Li and Su in Sc, can someone more learned please explain how an eclipse is possible??

Warm regards,

Ramapriya

hubli

Dear Ramapriya and List,

I have also been just looking at this as I saw in a program a lunar eclipse on the 23rd, listed as a New Moon eclipse. I looked for myself in the transits and the Moon will not be New for this eclipse but rather in Amavasya tithi. Interesingly Amavasya's deity is The Manes or Pitras and shares that with the nakshatra Magha. The actual eclipse is not happening in Magha but rather Vishakha, and is a very waning Moon. Vishakha's deity is Shakragni, king of deities and fire deity respectively, Indra and Agni. Shakragni is frequently used to overcome Vritra, the serpent demon of drought. All very interesting.... And the references to royalty and king via sharing Magha's deity and Indra via Vishakha. So this perfect conjunction of Ketu and Moon in Jupiter's star.

Jupiter in Leo with Sun neecha in Libra. Jupiter receiving a 5H aspect from Rahu 4 degrees apart, 3H aspect from Saturn less than 4 degrees. Venus will be in Sagittarius, Jupiter's sign in Ketu's star, receiving both a 7H aspect from Saturn and a 9H aspect from Rahu, along with the 5H aspect of Jupiter in Leo. And Venus will be in gandanta! Mars and Jupiter in exactly 1 degree 7H mutual aspect. Only planet left is Mercury who is conjoined this debilitated Sun and in an exact kendra with both Jupiter and Mars.

All best wishes,

Patrice

Om namo naaraayanaaya

Hi all,

Quite a few have mentioned that there'll be a solar eclipse on the 23rd. Unless something is awry with what I've been taught or the ephemeris I'm using, I can't see that happening. On the 23rd of November 2003, with Ke in Li and Su in Sc, can someone more learned please explain how an eclipse is possible??

Warm regards,

Ramapriya

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Patrice,

Sun will be in Scorpio on the 23rd of November and hence not debilitated.

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.

Patrice Curry <patricecurry wrote:

Dear Ramapriya and List,

I have also been just looking at this as I saw in a program a lunar eclipse on the 23rd, listed as a New Moon eclipse. I looked for myself in the transits and the Moon will not be New for this eclipse but rather in Amavasya tithi. Interesingly Amavasya's deity is The Manes or Pitras and shares that with the nakshatra Magha. The actual eclipse is not happening in Magha but rather Vishakha, and is a very waning Moon. Vishakha's deity is Shakragni, king of deities and fire deity respectively, Indra and Agni. Shakragni is frequently used to overcome Vritra, the serpent demon of drought. All very interesting.... And the references to royalty and king via sharing Magha's deity and Indra via Vishakha. So this perfect conjunction of Ketu and Moon in Jupiter's star.

Jupiter in Leo with Sun neecha in Libra. Jupiter receiving a 5H aspect from Rahu 4 degrees apart, 3H aspect from Saturn less than 4 degrees. Venus will be in Sagittarius, Jupiter's sign in Ketu's star, receiving both a 7H aspect from Saturn and a 9H aspect from Rahu, along with the 5H aspect of Jupiter in Leo. And Venus will be in gandanta! Mars and Jupiter in exactly 1 degree 7H mutual aspect. Only planet left is Mercury who is conjoined this debilitated Sun and in an exact kendra with both Jupiter and Mars.

All best wishes,

Patrice

Om namo naaraayanaaya

Hi all,

Warm regards,

Ramapriya|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Kanupriya,

Thanks for catching this and clarifying! That's good news really... Yes, I see it goes into Scorpio on November 16th!

Thanks and kindest regards,

Patrice

____________________-

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Patrice,

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.

Dear Ramapriya,

Yes, it can. Solar eclipses occur when a New Moon falls within about 18 degrees of zodiacal longitude on either side of Rahu or Ketu. Few eclipses are total /maximum number of solar eclipses in a year is 5- occurs once in 3 century/- most are partial and some annular /please see`Patrice's post, too/. "eclipse year" is`interval between two successive annual conjunctions of Sun and Rahu. So, rarely do we we have zero orb eclipse- eclipse orb is as mentioned above.

Best wishes,

Anna-"Ramapriya D" Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:39:20 +0400|Sri Varaha| Eclipse on 23rd??

Om namo naaraayanaaya

Hi all,

Warm regards,

Ramapriya

hubli

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Patrice,

You are most welcome.

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.

Patrice Curry <patricecurry wrote:

Dear Kanupriya,

Thanks for catching this and clarifying! That's good news really... Yes, I see it goes into Scorpio on November 16th!

Thanks and kindest regards,

Patrice

____________________-

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Patrice,

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira