IndiaDivine.org

Badhaka,6th lord ,8th lord, Mandi, Gulika, Kharesha and party

Rate this topic

Guest guest

|| Om Gurave Namah ||

Dear Brendan,

Namaste,

Please accept some of my learnings from guruji and correct me if I am

wrong. This is partly to test my own understanding.

I think Guruji Sanjay Rath has given some lecture in the west coast

about the importance of the badakesh. I think Laxmi Devi would be able

to tell about the availabily of the CD's with the handouts.

Some salient points are.

1. Badhakesh behaves very much like the Rahu.

2. i) Badhakesh denots All Adrisha (Un seen problems like diety wrath

etc) problems. I remember once he took the example of the breakage of

the Buddha Statue by the taliban regime as an example invoking

badhakesh troubles.

ii) All problems created by ones own bad habits or company is seen

from 6th house/lord.

iii) All problems arising out of our previous life is seen from the

8th house/lord.

iv) Mandi denotes all the sum poison we had taken from other and

hence we tend give back this life.

v) Gullika denotes the sum of all poison we had given to other's

and will get back. That's why mandi is used during adhana calculation

vi) Khara is the general of Ravana's army, he had 14,000 demons as

his follower, Whenever kharesha is bad in the chart one can safely

assume him to unleash his demonical army onto the native depending on

his ability to mobilise i.e collaboration with 6th,8th,badhakesh. Lord

Rama had to face Khara incarnate as he had 8th lord Rahu in 6th house

aspected by badhakesh Venus by rasi drishti. Details of Karesha

calculation had been given in 2003 Boston workshop.

These kaaraka's are either Saturn or Rahu. Which keeps us involved in

this samsara. One can play with many combination of these to deduce

greater evils.

3. Badhakesh can denote the mistakes in our prayers. It denotes our

misunderstanding the higher concepts and understandings. Rahu rules

this domain. Its' the lord of the natural 11th house. Just before 12th

house. He sits there preventing the moksha or final understanding at

the Rishi's feet in Pisces. Ketu opposes Rahu and hence we pray to

Ganesha to remove the obstacles. Badhakesh is a very important concept

(As important as Ganesha :) the lord of badha,vigna all hurdles).

4. Just as 12th from Atma kaarak denotes the ishta devata 12th from

badhakesha ,if aflicted, denotes the diety we did wrong adoration to.

The lecture paper presented by Guru Pt. Sanjay Rath(aug 19 2003?)

gives such various tips on badhakesha. It qoutes from prashna marga

and other books.

Warm Regards

S. Prabhakaran

Om Tat Sat

http://www.valmikiramayan.net/aranya/sarga22/aranya_22_prose.htm

In a message dated 11/21/2003 5:22:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, sanjayp writes:

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sanjay P,

Many thanks for your summary of Guru Sanjay's talks on Badhakesh. I have the CDs but have not had time to listen to that lecture yet.

I'm looking at the chart of Padre Pio, the one that Robert covered last year on the west coast and used Drig dasa to indicate periods of spiritual advancement and recognition in his life. I have give the data below.

With Libra lagna, the badhakesh is the Sun and he is with the 9th lord, Mercury, in the 8th house. Mercury is combusted by the badhakesh. The Sun disposits Maandi and Rahu (5th lord) and the Kharesha, Venus, is in the 9th house.

Now you would expect a great deal of obstruction to spiritual progress in this chart and yet this soul was renowned for his great spiritual works. We have to assume that he had a great deal of God realization from his deeds.

He was a humble Capuchin priest from Italy and was said to bear the wounds of Christ for fifty years, the stigmata! Among his other gifts were perfume, bilocation, prophecy, conversion, reading of souls, and miraculous cures. People are still being cured through his intercession in ways that cannot be explained by medicine or science.

Chandrashekar mentioned other charts with fixed lagna and Lord Krishna was among them but I haven't looked at those charts yet.

What do we look for here? How does the badhakesh function in such cases?

Warm Regards,

Brendan

May 25, 1887

Time: 16:10:00

Time Zone: 0:50:00 (East of GMT)

Place: 14 E 51' 00", 41 N 12' 00"

Body Longitude Nakshatra Pada Rasi Navamsa

Lagna 7 Li 24' 00.85" Swat 1 Li Sg

Sun - PiK 11 Ta 46' 40.34" Rohi 1 Ta Ar

Moon - MK 13 Ge 48' 06.38" Ardr 3 Ge Aq

Mars - DK 4 Ta 29' 35.15" Krit 3 Ta Aq

Mercury - PK 9 Ta 23' 08.69" Krit 4 Ta Pi

Jupiter ® - GK 4 Li 53' 39.63" Chit 4 Li Sc

Venus - BK 21 Ge 39' 15.21" Puna 1 Ge Ar

Saturn - AmK 27 Ge 14' 55.58" Puna 3 Ge Ge

Rahu - AK 0 Le 38' 14.19" Makh 1 Le Ar

Ketu 0 Aq 38' 14.19" Dhan 3 Aq Li

Maandi 4 Le 53' 14.73" Makh 2 Le Ta

Gulika 24 Cn 10' 07.61" Asre 3 Cn Aq

Dear Brendan,

Namaste,

Please accept some of my learnings from guruji and correct me if I am

wrong. This is partly to test my own understanding.

I think Guruji Sanjay Rath has given some lecture in the west coast

about the importance of the badakesh. I think Laxmi Devi would be able

to tell about the availabily of the CD's with the handouts.

Some salient points are.

1. Badhakesh behaves very much like the Rahu.

2. i) Badhakesh denots All Adrisha (Un seen problems like diety wrath

etc) problems. I remember once he took the example of the breakage of

the Buddha Statue by the taliban regime as an example invoking

badhakesh troubles.

ii) All problems created by ones own bad habits or company is seen

from 6th house/lord.

iii) All problems arising out of our previous life is seen from the

8th house/lord.

iv) Mandi denotes all the sum poison we had taken from other and

hence we tend give back this life.

v) Gullika denotes the sum of all poison we had given to other's

and will get back. That's why mandi is used during adhana calculation

vi) Khara is the general of Ravana's army, he had 14,000 demons as

his follower, Whenever kharesha is bad in the chart one can safely

assume him to unleash his demonical army onto the native depending on

his ability to mobilise i.e collaboration with 6th,8th,badhakesh. Lord

Rama had to face Khara incarnate as he had 8th lord Rahu in 6th house

aspected by badhakesh Venus by rasi drishti. Details of Karesha

calculation had been given in 2003 Boston workshop.

These kaaraka's are either Saturn or Rahu. Which keeps us involved in

this samsara. One can play with many combination of these to deduce

greater evils.

3. Badhakesh can denote the mistakes in our prayers. It denotes our

misunderstanding the higher concepts and understandings. Rahu rules

this domain. Its' the lord of the natural 11th house. Just before 12th

house. He sits there preventing the moksha or final understanding at

the Rishi's feet in Pisces. Ketu opposes Rahu and hence we pray to

Ganesha to remove the obstacles. Badhakesh is a very important concept

(As important as Ganesha :) the lord of badha,vigna all hurdles).

4. Just as 12th from Atma kaarak denotes the ishta devata 12th from

badhakesha ,if aflicted, denotes the diety we did wrong adoration to.

The lecture paper presented by Guru Pt. Sanjay Rath(aug 19 2003?)

gives such various tips on badhakesha. It qoutes from prashna marga

and other books.

Warm Regards

S. Prabhakaran

Om Tat Sat

Dear Brendan,

Thanks much for this impressive example! Being Christian I can easily connect suffering with gifts of spirituality- in fact, I believe in purifying effects of suffering. Based on what I've seen so far, and my own experience, I'd say no suffering is as powerful as one imposed by badhakesh- in example you gave Sun is /also/dispositor of Rahu-AK!

The worse pain I've ever experienced in life is related to my badhakesh Venus, which seems like coming from jyotish lesson, literally!

/I didn't receive Prashant's informative post, before you sent yours!/

Thanks Prashant, thanks Brendan,

Anna -BpfeeleyDate: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 01:04:05 ESTvarahamihira , parasari_jyotish Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Badhaka,6th lord ,8th lord, Mandi, Gulika, Kharesha and partyIn a message dated 11/21/2003 5:22:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, sanjayp writes:Om Gurave NamahDear Sanjay P,Many thanks for your summary of Guru Sanjay's talks on Badhakesh. I have the CDs but have not had time to listen to that lecture yet.I'm looking at the chart of Padre Pio, the one that Robert covered last year on the west coast and used Drig dasa to indicate periods of spiritual advancement and recognition in his life. I have give the data below.With Libra lagna, the badhakesh is the Sun and he is with the 9th lord, Mercury, in the 8th house. Mercury is combusted b

y the badhakesh. The Sun disposits Maandi and Rahu (5th lord) and the Kharesha, Venus, is in the 9th house.Now you would expect a great deal of obstruction to spiritual progress in this chart and yet this soul was renowned for his great spiritual works. We have to assume that he had a great deal of God realization from his deeds.He was a humble Capuchin priest from Italy and was said to bear the wounds of Christ for fifty years, the stigmata! Among his other gifts were perfume, bilocation, prophecy, conversion, reading of souls, and miraculous cures. People are still being cured through his intercession in ways that cannot be explained by medicine or science.Chandrashekar mentioned other charts with fixed lagna and Lord Krishna was among them but I haven't looked at those charts yet.What do we look for here? How does the badhakesh function in such cases?Warm Regards,Brendan &nbs

p; May 25, 1887Time: 16:10:00Time Zone: 0:50:00 (East of GMT)Place: 14 E 51' 00", 41 N 12' 00" Body Longitude Nakshatra Pada Rasi NavamsaLagna 7 Li 24' 00.85" Swat 1 Li SgSun - PiK 11 Ta 46' 40.34" Rohi 1 Ta ArMoon - MK 13 Ge 48' 06.38" Ardr 3 Ge AqMars - DK &nb

sp; 4 Ta 29' 35.15" Krit 3 Ta AqMercury - PK 9 Ta 23' 08.69" Krit 4 Ta PiJupiter ® - GK 4 Li 53' 39.63" Chit 4 Li ScVenus - BK 21 Ge 39' 15.21" Puna 1 Ge ArSaturn - AmK 27 Ge 14' 55.58" Puna 3 Ge GeRahu - AK 0 Le 38' 14.19" Makh 1 Le ArKetu 0 Aq 38' 14.19" Dhan 3 Aq LiMaandi

4 Le 53' 14.73" Makh 2 Le TaGulika 24 Cn 10' 07.61" Asre 3 Cn Aq

Dear Brendan, Namaste,Please accept some of my learnings from guruji and correct me if I amwrong. This is partly to test my own understanding.I think Guruji Sanjay Rath has given some lecture in the west coastabout the importance of the badakesh. I think Laxmi Devi would be ableto tell about the availabily of the CD's with the handouts. Some salient points are.1. Badhakesh behaves very much like the Rahu.2. i) Badhakesh denots All Adrisha (Un seen problems like diety wrathetc) problems. I remember once he took the example of the breakage ofthe Buddha Statue by the taliban regime as an example invokingbadhakesh troubles. ii) All problems created by ones own bad habits or company is seenfrom 6th house/lord. iii) All problems arising out of our previous life is seen from the8th house/lor

d. iv) Mandi denotes all the sum poison we had taken from other andhence we tend give back this life. v) Gullika denotes the sum of all poison we had given to other'sand will get back. That's why mandi is used during adhana calculation vi) Khara is the general of Ravana's army, he had 14,000 demons ashis follower, Whenever kharesha is bad in the chart one can safelyassume him to unleash his demonical army onto the native depending onhis ability to mobilise i.e collaboration with 6th,8th,badhakesh. LordRama had to face Khara incarnate as he had 8th lord Rahu in 6th houseaspected by badhakesh Venus by rasi drishti. Details of Kareshacalculation had been given in 2003 Boston workshop.These kaaraka's are either Saturn or Rahu. Which keeps us involved inthis samsara. One can play with many combination of these to deducegreater evils.3. Badhakesh can denote the mistakes in our prayers. It denotes our

BR>misunderstanding the higher concepts and understandings. Rahu rulesthis domain. Its' the lord of the natural 11th house. Just before 12thhouse. He sits there preventing the moksha or final understanding atthe Rishi's feet in Pisces. Ketu opposes Rahu and hence we pray toGanesha to remove the obstacles. Badhakesh is a very important concept(As important as Ganesha :) the lord of badha,vigna all hurdles).4. Just as 12th from Atma kaarak denotes the ishta devata 12th frombadhakesha ,if aflicted, denotes the diety we did wrong adoration to.The lecture paper presented by Guru Pt. Sanjay Rath(aug 19 2003?)gives such various tips on badhakesha. It qoutes from prashna margaand other books.Warm RegardsS. PrabhakaranOm Tat Sat|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

In a message dated 11/23/2003 1:42:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:

Dear Anna,

Your comment about badhakesh and suffering may have a lot of merit and yes, i agree, the metal has to be melted in the fire of the heart to seperate the dross from the pure essence.

Sometimes it gets too hot though. We are somewhat helpless in this regard... at least I hope we are.

Regards,

Brendan

Dear Brendan,

Thanks much for this impressive example! Being Christian I can easily connect suffering with gifts of spirituality- in fact, I believe in purifying effects of suffering. Based on what I've seen so far, and my own experience, I'd say no suffering is as powerful as one imposed by badhakesh- in example you gave Sun is /also/dispositor of Rahu-AK!

The worse pain I've ever experienced in life is related to my badhakesh Venus, which seems like coming from jyotish lesson, literally!

/I didn't receive Prashant's informative post, before you sent yours!/

Thanks Prashant, thanks Brendan,

Anna

Dear Brendan,

How would we be compessionate if we didn't suffer from 'sins' and at least from temptations- maybe we have just been lucky not to 'steal, kill, do forbiden things' .. Without suffering we would be shallow, judgmental...It makes us open for understaning higher order, laws of life, pain and longings- because we ourself suffer.

Plus, I've always felt there was something noble in suffering-what would that be? perhaps that through our own pain we can better understand other's and therefore see further and higher than those who are merely blindly content. How boring and shallow they are!

Warmest wishes,

Anna-BpfeeleyDate: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:13:22 ESTvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Badhaka,6th lord ,8th lord, Mandi, Gulika, Kharesha and partyIn a message dated 11/23/2003 1:42:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:Dear Anna,Your comment about badhakesh and suffering may have a lot of merit and yes, i agree, the metal has to be melted in the fire of the heart to seperate the dross from the pure essence.Sometimes it gets too hot though. We are somewhat helpless in this regard... at least I hope we are.Regards,Brendan

Dear Brendan,Thanks much for this impressive example! Being Christian I can easily connect suffering with gifts of spirituality- in fact, I believe in purifying effects of suffering. Based on what I've seen so far, and my own experience, I'd say no suffering is as powerful as one imposed by badhakesh- in example you gave Sun is /also/dispositor of Rahu-AK!The worse pain I've ever experienced in life is related to my badhakesh Venus, which seems like coming from jyotish lesson, literally!/I didn't receive Prashant's informative post, before you sent yours!/Thanks Prashant, thanks Brendan, Anna |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

i appreciate ur words! worth preserving...

regards

prashantjyotish108 wrote:

Dear Brendan,

How would we be compessionate if we didn't suffer from 'sins' and at least from temptations- maybe we have just been lucky not to 'steal, kill, do forbiden things' .. Without suffering we would be shallow, judgmental...It makes us open for understaning higher order, laws of life, pain and longings- because we ourself suffer.

Plus, I've always felt there was something noble in suffering-what would that be? perhaps that through our own pain we can better understand other's and therefore see further and higher than those who are merely blindly content. How boring and shallow they are!

Warmest wishes,

Anna-BpfeeleyDate: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:13:22 ESTvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Badhaka,6th lord ,8th lord, Mandi, Gulika, Kharesha and partyIn a message dated 11/23/2003 1:42:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:Dear Anna,Your comment about badhakesh and suffering may have a lot of merit and yes, i agree, the metal has to be melted in the fire of the heart to seperate the dross from the pure essence.Sometimes it gets too hot though. We are somewhat helpless in this regard... at least I hope we are.Regards,Brendan

Dear Brendan,Thanks much for this impressive example! Being Christian I can easily connect suffering with gifts of spirituality- in fact, I believe in purifying effects of suffering. Based on what I've seen so far, and my own experience, I'd say no suffering is as powerful as one imposed by badhakesh- in example you gave Sun is /also/dispositor of Rahu-AK!The worse pain I've ever experienced in life is related to my badhakesh Venus, which seems like coming from jyotish lesson, literally!/I didn't receive Prashant's informative post, before you sent yours!/Thanks Prashant, thanks Brendan, Anna |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira