mandI & gulikA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

|| Om Gurave Namah ||

Dear Ramdasji and Chandrashekarji

Pranaam,

I just wanted to add that as taught and used by Pt. Sanjay Rath,

Mandi and Gulika are different and they have very specific uses. I

wanted say this just in case anybody is in doubt as to who uses what.

In B.V.Raman's translation of Prashna Marga Vol One in page 160 He

has mentioned the difference between Mandi and Gulika so even he

considers them seperately. So as far as the usage goes there seems to

equal argument on both sides. In Pt. Sanjay Rath's Book Udu Dasa he

uses them seperately. He also mentions something like Mandi's rasi

lord tries to gives the results, whereas Gulika's Nakshatra lord

gives Gulika's results. He uses this specifically in Rabindranath

Tagore's Jupiter dasa giving Gulika results (Jataka Parijata calls

the Gulika naxatra lord dasa as gulika dasa).

With My Limited understanding It seems to me that there is Zone in

the zodiac ruled by Gulika(Gulika Kaalam), the mandi point comes in

that zone. So most authors must have used word Gulika to refer to

this zone (called Gulika Kaala) this includes the point mandi too.

When Gulika is mentioned as point it is I think either the start of

the zone or the end point of the zone, There is again controversy as

to where to place the Gulika 'point'. B.V. Ramanji I think used the

end point and that's what is the default settings in JHora.

Guru Pt. Sanjay Rath is using those points. It seems fromt his

example in Rabindranath Tagore He used the Gulika point as end point

in the Gulika Kaalam. Mandi is the mid point in Gulika Kaalam.

This is my humble opinion, Your learned opinions and qoutes will help

me more in understand.

Thank You,

Warm Regards

S. Prabhakaram

Om Tat Sat

Dear SanjayP,

I accepted Brendan's suggesion to 'play' with this and see big enough sample of charts- that's the best way to test a concept.

For the time being I will share an example: Male, July 11, 1976, Scorpio lagna, Mars in Le-Magha- Sun/Me in 8th H- full Moon in second; Both Gulika an Maandi in Scorpio, in Anuradha.

In Mars MD native almost lost a hand, had 2 operations, aenestetics, as well as "unreasonalby" /my opinion/ administered "poison"- Morphium after the operation, untill I requested /and signed/ that it be excluded. Native was impressed by drug effects, so /even without knowing astro-facts/ the fear was felt that he was a good candidate for fulfilling Maandi's 'self-poisoning' part, for at least two years, when constant attention helped him overcome the longing to repeat 'poisoinous experience.

Best wishes,

Anna-"sanjayprabhakaran" Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:33:30 -0000varahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| mandI & gulikA|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Ramdasji and ChandrashekarjiPranaam, I just wanted to add that as taught and used by Pt. Sanjay Rath, Mandi and Gulika are different and they have very specific uses. I wanted say this just in case anybody is in doubt as to who uses what. In B.V.Raman's translation of Prashna Marga Vol One in page 160 He has mentioned the difference between Mandi and Gulika so even he considers them seperately. So as far as the usage goes there seems to equal argument on both sides. In Pt. Sanjay Rath's Book Udu Dasa he uses them seperately. He also mentions something like Mandi's rasi lord tries to gives the results, whereas Gulika's Nakshatra lord gives Gulika's results. He uses thi

s specifically in Rabindranath Tagore's Jupiter dasa giving Gulika results (Jataka Parijata calls the Gulika naxatra lord dasa as gulika dasa).With My Limited understanding It seems to me that there is Zone in the zodiac ruled by Gulika(Gulika Kaalam), the mandi point comes in that zone. So most authors must have used word Gulika to refer to this zone (called Gulika Kaala) this includes the point mandi too. When Gulika is mentioned as point it is I think either the start of the zone or the end point of the zone, There is again controversy as to where to place the Gulika 'point'. B.V. Ramanji I think used the end point and that's what is the default settings in JHora.Guru Pt. Sanjay Rath is using those points. It seems fromt his example in Rabindranath Tagore He used the Gulika point as end point in the Gulika Kaalam. Mandi is the mid point in Gulika Kaalam.This is my humble opinion, Your learned opinions and qou

tes will help me more in understand.Thank You,Warm RegardsS. PrabhakaramOm Tat Sat|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Sanjay Ji,

I am sorry for my mistakes.Yes, I found in Prashna Margam and also in Fundamentals of Astrology by Sri M.R.Bhat.Both Gulika and Mandi are different.

Thanks for your explanation.

With Sri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.sanjayprabhakaran <sanjayp wrote:

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Ramdasji and ChandrashekarjiPranaam, I just wanted to add that as taught and used by Pt. Sanjay Rath, Mandi and Gulika are different and they have very specific uses. I wanted say this just in case anybody is in doubt as to who uses what. In B.V.Raman's translation of Prashna Marga Vol One in page 160 He has mentioned the difference between Mandi and Gulika so even he considers them seperately. So as far as the usage goes there seems to equal argument on both sides. In Pt. Sanjay Rath's Book Udu Dasa he uses them seperately. He also mentions something like Mandi's rasi lord tries to gives the results, whereas Gulika's Nakshatra lord gives Gulika's results. He uses this specifically in Rabindranath Tagore's Jupiter dasa giving Gulika results (Jataka Parijata calls the Gulika naxatra lord dasa

as gulika dasa).With My Limited understanding It seems to me that there is Zone in the zodiac ruled by Gulika(Gulika Kaalam), the mandi point comes in that zone. So most authors must have used word Gulika to refer to this zone (called Gulika Kaala) this includes the point mandi too. When Gulika is mentioned as point it is I think either the start of the zone or the end point of the zone, There is again controversy as to where to place the Gulika 'point'. B.V. Ramanji I think used the end point and that's what is the default settings in JHora.Guru Pt. Sanjay Rath is using those points. It seems fromt his example in Rabindranath Tagore He used the Gulika point as end point in the Gulika Kaalam. Mandi is the mid point in Gulika Kaalam.This is my humble opinion, Your learned opinions and qoutes will help me more in understand.Thank You,Warm RegardsS. PrabhakaramOm Tat Sat