IndiaDivine.org

Rahu YK

Rate this topic

Guest guest

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|Dear Jay,

I am sorry to hear the sad events took place during Rahu's Antara.Now the Shloka from BPHS ( G.C.Sharma ) from chapter 36-Yoga Karakas,No.17 is given below here for your information :

YADI KENDRE TRIKONE VAA NIVASETAAM TAMOGRAHAU.

NAATHENAANYATARENAADYAU DRUSHTAU VAA YOGAKAARAKAU.

I hope this helps you.

With Sri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao."J. Weiss" <jayhw wrote:

Dear All,

It is very interesting to read the three responses to Anna question from dear Ramadas Rao, Phyllis and Chandrashekhar.

I do not with to sound too critical but in my own chart as well as many others that I have, all Rahu periods were living hell in many ways.

My Rahu is in the 9th with lagna (trine) lord Sun, aspecting lagna and aspected by Jupiter (?) from the 5th ... (I got to know that Ra/Su is a curse here, not a YK...).

Statistically, as Rahu is 18 month in each sign we'll find more than half of the worlds populations (I did not calculate it exactly) charts having Rahu together with a trine lord...

Secondly. one will need a few thousands of solid charts with proven results before the evil dragons head turns into lady luck as a YK - where is the common sense ... and the evidence.

On the other hand, and so far, no one provided the corresponding sloka.

Sorry for the hard words - I only mean well.

With warm regards/Jay Weisshttp://www.alvicomm.com

-

jyotish108

varahamihira

Thursday, November 27, 2003 10:43 PM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Phyllis,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Your example just fits well what I know about Rahu- it brought Ju in its MD and it's in accordance with its nature. For negative aspects- they may be due to some other factors, but in general, the picture I have about rahu is preserved.

Thanks again,

Best wishes,

Anna-"Phyllis Chubb" Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:13:26 -0800Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Anna,

I hold such a pattern in my chart. With an Aries Ascendant Rahu and Jupiter are conjoined in Cancer in the 4th house. With the advent of the Rahu Vimshottari dasha astrology became the complete focus of my life.

I know this is supposed to be a rajayoga and maybe it is, insofar as it has focused my life completely around a foreign spiritual study (Jupiter rules the 9th and the 12th).

There are also some very negative things associated with this pattern but from my perspective, I wouldn't want to be without the blessings it has brought to my life.

Cheers..................Phyllis

-

jyotish108

varahamihira

Thursday, November 27, 2003 2:33 AM

|Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Listers,

I am posting this again, hope someone will 'dare' to comment on this- I feel the silence is sign of disagreement, contrary to its common meaning- I would truly appreciate your comment/s/, it's become intriguing to me.

BHPS-17. If a node is in an angle in aspect to or association with a trinal lord or be in a trine in similar relation with an angular lord it will become Yogakaraka.

Regards,

Anna

-- _________Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.comhttp://www.mail.com/?sr=signup|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Anna,

Look at it this way. Nodes are called Chayagrahas. Chaya has different meanings. However think of them as reflectors for the question at hand. If a reflector reflects light, it does not diminish the source of light.At the same time some conflict is created if reflector is parallel to the source as the bouncing light would create some resistance. This is why when nodes are with a planet we call the planet as being afflicted. The node however gives the planet's result in its own Dashas.

I hope , I have been able to explain the concept.

Chandrashekhar.

jyotish108 [jyotish108]Friday, November 28, 2003 3:07 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Chandrashekhar,

Thanks your response- it does help my understanding when I get info, confirmation, from an experienced Jyotishi. You perhaps wonder what my concern is all about- since you obviously don't see any conflict there.

My concern is related to the Rahu's nature. If it takes the nature of the planet it's associated with, as per his nature, what's left for that other planet? can one take and another don't lose?- 'can we eat the cake and keep it' sort of..

Hope you understand my dilemma.

Thanks a lot, again,

Best wishes,

Anna

-"Chandrashekhar Sharma" Fri, 28 Nov 2003 01:30:06 +0530RE: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Anna,

This is pretty straight forward. Sambandha (association or more precisely connection) between Trine and Angle lord specially in a trine or angle makes the planets yoga karaka. Nodes act like the house dispositor when not with a planet so occupying Trine or Angle they would act as Trine/Angle lord. Association with its counterpart Angle/Trine lord would make the node Yoga karaka.

Hope this helps.

Chandrashekhar.

jyotish108 [jyotish108]Thursday, November 27, 2003 4:04 PMvarahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Listers,

I am posting this again, hope someone will 'dare' to comment on this- I feel the silence is sign of disagreement, contrary to its common meaning- I would truly appreciate your comment/s/, it's become intriguing to me.

BHPS-17. If a node is in an angle in aspect to or association with a trinal lord or be in a trine in similar relation with an angular lord it will become Yogakaraka.

Regards,

Anna

-- _________Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.comhttp://www.mail.com/?sr=signup|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Yes dear Chandrashekar, I do understand- thank you so much for searching and finding good example. It seems it always woks, doesn't it?

Worm regards,

Anna-"Chandrashekhar Sharma" Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:56:44 +0530RE: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Anna,

Look at it this way. Nodes are called Chayagrahas. Chaya has different meanings. However think of them as reflectors for the question at hand. If a reflector reflects light, it does not diminish the source of light.At the same time some conflict is created if reflector is parallel to the source as the bouncing light would create some resistance. This is why when nodes are with a planet we call the planet as being afflicted. The node however gives the planet's result in its own Dashas.

I hope , I have been able to explain the concept.

Chandrashekhar.

jyotish108 [jyotish108]Friday, November 28, 2003 3:07 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Chandrashekhar,

Thanks your response- it does help my understanding when I get info, confirmation, from an experienced Jyotishi. You perhaps wonder what my concern is all about- since you obviously don't see any conflict there.

My concern is related to the Rahu's nature. If it takes the nature of the planet it's associated with, as per his nature, what's left for that other planet? can one take and another don't lose?- 'can we eat the cake and keep it' sort of..

Hope you understand my dilemma.

Thanks a lot, again,

Best wishes,

Anna

-"Chandrashekhar Sharma" Fri, 28 Nov 2003 01:30:06 +0530RE: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Anna,

This is pretty straight forward. Sambandha (association or more precisely connection) between Trine and Angle lord specially in a trine or angle makes the planets yoga karaka. Nodes act like the house dispositor when not with a planet so occupying Trine or Angle they would act as Trine/Angle lord. Association with its counterpart Angle/Trine lord would make the node Yoga karaka.

Hope this helps.

Chandrashekhar.

jyotish108 [jyotish108]Thursday, November 27, 2003 4:04 PMvarahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

Dear Listers,

Regards,

Anna

there r many sources which can give theories, but we need to do d analysis, & thats how we learn. let dig & explore one by one. take cases & analyse them together.

warm regards

prashant

Dear Prashant,

Thanks for your response- I primarily want to explore in depth, intricacies of shadow planets.

I feel that Rahu in Aq is less 'devilish' if not for other reasons than because its my MK, my powerful guardian angel/?/, my 'Mafia Boss', as I call it- my mother and Ishta Devata-

However it doesn't help much in general understanding of Rahu- it somehow defies 'classification', I sometime think that it's perhaps better understood on the 'visceral' level- or maybe I was given that understanding just because of that 'occult' Rahu?

As for my own Mars MD, I will have excellent progressions at the that time, ones that hardly ever fail to materialize, so by method of deduction it will be good- My questions are still there, particularly one 'what happens to Planet if/when Rahu robs it of its energy by sucking its juices, as per his nature? I know 'depends' is the most appropriate answer, however, that is exactly /different angles and perspectives/ what I am inquiring about.

Thanks for helping my understanding, please let me know if you find any other source, information that may be useful, while I am 'digging' into this.

Best regards,

Anna-prashant narang Fri, 28 Nov 2003 01:39:53 -0800 (PST)varahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

dear anna,

well, rahu in aquarius is not that bad. i was told if rahu is in leo with sun, its yoga for demon, but if its with sun in aqurius , its a yoga for a great divin personality. if i remember well, i've seen this yoga in couple of saints, & one is ramana maharaishi i guess. though general perception is ketu stands for spirituality. however, mahrashtrian astrologer katwe used to give more importance to rahu.

i think one must thoroughly analyse the nature (natural as well as functional) of the planet associated wih nodes..

if u would like to share, can i see ur chart?

warm regards

prashantjyotish108 wrote:

Dear Prashant,

Forget a joke, Rahu look very scary to me, too- with that immortal unpredictable dangerous poisonous dragon's head...

Maybe if we give him benefics on both sides and good dispositor, to 'suck' them well...it maybe...

Ah, you dear Prashant tried to "provide", theoretically, that ideal conditions for Rahu's YK blessings to become possible...But tell me, what's good dispositor for Rahu? Saturn? In own sign Aquarius? Does being in own sign, as is the case for all other planets, makes Rahu too, good and dignified?Or just stronger malefic?

/These are crucial questions from my perspective/

Or maybe placement in benefic sign again, and not Le and not Cn enemies?

What's left- Ju and Ve again?

What would that 'devil' do if placed in own house /Aq/, Saturn strong, and in aspect with YK Mars? Isn't that dangerous mix of Saturn/Mars rather than of two Yoga Karakas- what will prevail?

I am still unable to grasp this fully, and other controversies /what would happen to a planet when Rahu extracts and drinks all it's 'juices' as per its nature/

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, your logic is quite understandable to me. but I have a problem applying normal logic with 'abnormal' 'planet' Rahu. I do try to understand it better, and understandably so-it's my Ishta Devata, MahaYogada and Ava Yogi, Matri K.LOL!

Thanks for helping me understand this, Prashant

Warmest wishes,

Anna-prashant narang Thu, 27 Nov 2003 05:08:54 -0800 (PST)varahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

hi anna,

i m scared!!

ok jokes apart,

, i would interpret in this way.

if a node is with a yogakaraka - 1)not just witha friendly angular/trine lord becuaes that one can open other posiibilities too.

2) bphs has a style which it follows, it never repeats anyhthing, once said & done!

so, here also it doesnt repeat such factors which become obvious acc to maharishi parasra ( not me , i m already scared)

3)such factors would inculde rahu's dispositor & other aspects on it..

if rahu/ketu is with a benefic(functionally/natural) planet in a trine/angle, favourably disposed, dispositor is also strong, with aspect of benfic planets, tell me why it wont give yogakaraka results?

regards

prashantjyotish108 wrote:

Dear Listers,

Regards,

Anna

Dear Ramadas,

I am sorry to hear about your diabetes- it's great that you've reached steady positive improvement which will help your health a lot. From your post it was not clear to me if maybe Rahu didn't contribute to the onset of the illness, by taking over Ve positive significations?

Yes, this has to be explored further. Thank you for sharing.

I wish you excellent health and joy,

Anna-Ramadas Rao Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:37:20 +0000 (GMT)varahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|Dear Anna,

What I wrote was Rahu gave good results as he was with Yoga karaka Shukra.During Guru-Shukra period between 20-8-1991 and 20-4-1984,I left my native country and went abroad for good career and changed 2 jobs and during Guru's Pratyantara,I came to Kuwait on June,13,1983.But as Guru is in Gandantha position and this is bad for health concerned and as Shukra is in 2-12 position,I was attacked by Diabetes.This was the stroke given by Shukra to me which is a permanent one.But otherwise about my finacial conditions,it has improved a lot.I lost some thing and gained something.During Shani Dasa- Shukra's Antara between 30-7-1996 and 29-9-1999,I had piligrimages every year when I come to India on Vacation and in 1998 ,Feb.8 Sunday,Aridra Nakshatra ruled by Rahu which is my Sampath Tara,I have performed Sri Durga Sapta Shati Chandika Yajna which is to get Blessings from Godess Shakti/Durga.During this whole period,there was no bad results experienced. This is for your information.

Ramadas Rao.jyotish108 wrote:

Dear Ramadas,

Thank you for your response and sharing.

In your example, Rahu joins Ve. Rahu acts as a planet it's associated with, so as per your example, it's been proven- Rahu delivers Venus' promises- wheather or not it's YK- it's natural benefic and placed in second H, so wheather in Ju or Sa MD Rahu AD consinstently fullfils its "acquired by association" beneficience. I guess it easier to see Rahu as YK when associated with natural benefic.

Even then, I wish to know how much is Venus robbed of its benefic nature by the same assossiation?

Rahu's taking over its benevolence? In other words,will thus deprived Venus still keep its qualities or bring Rahu's 'bad mood' in its period? Have you seen that?

I am wondering if under the same circumstances/trinal Lord, YK/ Mars as YK /for Cancer lagna/, in trine with Rahu, would acquire Mars' "qualities of Lordship", or "Mars-natural-malefic qualities", or both- AND if Rahu takes the nature of the planet, what Mars will be left with? No power to protect own house-handed over to Rahu?

If both are YK, can they BOTH live under the same roof ? My Rahu is in Aquarius, thus Sa lordship- it's important planet in my chart- it's Ishta Devata, MK/both has proven to be protectors, my mother, deity/, Mahaogada, and if I apply the rule we discuss now, YK as well? Can they both /YKs/ benefit from mutual association, considering the nature of Rahu, as a first class malefic?

It would be great if you would share your impressions from your vast experience.

Thank you,

Anna

-Ramadas Rao Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:33:59 +0000 (GMT)varahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

` nmae naray[ay,

Whatever Parashara Maharshi has written is correct and there is no doubt about it.In my chart,Makara Lagna,Shukra is Yoga Karaka is in 2nd house Vargothama with Rahu ie., Rahu is with trinal lord.During Guru Dasa- Rahu's Antara between 16-5-1987 and 8-10-1989,I was promoted twice in my career and my remunerations increased drastically with other fecilities.Now again Shani Dasa- Rahu Antara started from 21-5-2003 and will run till 27-3-2006.On October,this year again,I was promoted with a very high salary.So this means Rahu who is with trinal lord Shukra acted as a Yoga giver and as a result material wealth has increased.Also to support this Guru from Simha rashi aspecting kumbha Rashi which is my 2nd house here Shukra and Rahu are posited.

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao.

jyotish108 wrote:

Dear Listers,

Regards,

Anna

Dear Brendan and All,

This business of Rahu becoming a RY................

Astrology has always been an important part of my live and my learning. In fact, I was formally trained as a western astrologer prior to obtaining my academic degrees in psychology. So it is probable that Rahu's rulership of the 11th house played a role right from the beginning however it wasn't until it's dasha, and the combining influence of Jupiter, that the doors to Jyotish were opened.

I feel uneasy with the doom and gloom that is associated with Rahu. In my case this pattern, sitting in my 4th house, has created tremendous chaos in my relationship with my mother. Naturally this pattern and the challenging relationship has many other supporting influences as well. Where I have the most difficulty is when I hear/read about the inherent bad stuff. In my opinion it is necessary for all of us to remember that it takes more than just one thing to create either a good or bad situation.

Just some thoughts...............Phyllis

-

Bpfeeley

varahamihira

Thursday, November 27, 2003 9:12 PM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

In a message dated 11/27/2003 2:20:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, aboutyou writes:Phyll,In your case, Rahu is also the lord of the 11th house that has to do with the study of Jyotish. It is the 4th from the 8th.Regards,Brendan

I hold such a pattern in my chart. With an Aries Ascendant Rahu and Jupiter are conjoined in Cancer in the 4th house. With the advent of the Rahu Vimshottari dasha astrology became the complete focus of my life. I know this is supposed to be a rajayoga and maybe it is, insofar as it has focused my life completely around a foreign spiritual study (Jupiter rules the 9th and the 12th). There are also some very negative things associated with this pattern but from my perspective, I wouldn't want to be without the blessings it has brought to my life. Cheers..................Phyllis|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|Dear Ann,

Thanks for the mail.I am not considering that diabetes is with me.But as per my knowledge,there is no connection of Rahu in bringing this disease.Rahu can give diseases which are difficult to diagnose.

I hope this helps you.

Dear Ramadas,

I am sorry to hear about your diabetes- it's great that you've reached steady positive improvement which will help your health a lot. From your post it was not clear to me if maybe Rahu didn't contribute to the onset of the illness, by taking over Ve positive significations?

Yes, this has to be explored further. Thank you for sharing.

I wish you excellent health and joy,

Anna-Ramadas Rao Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:37:20 +0000 (GMT)varahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

` nmae naray[ay,

What I wrote was Rahu gave good results as he was with Yoga karaka Shukra.During Guru-Shukra period between 20-8-1991 and 20-4-1984,I left my native country and went abroad for good career and changed 2 jobs and during Guru's Pratyantara,I came to Kuwait on June,13,1983.But as Guru is in Gandantha position and this is bad for health concerned and as Shukra is in 2-12 position,I was attacked by Diabetes.This was the stroke given by Shukra to me which is a permanent one.But otherwise about my finacial conditions,it has improved a lot.I lost some thing and gained something.During Shani Dasa- Shukra's Antara between 30-7-1996 and 29-9-1999,I had piligrimages every year when I come to India on Vacation and in 1998 ,Feb.8 Sunday,Aridra Nakshatra ruled by Rahu which is my Sampath Tara,I have performed Sri Durga Sapta Shati Chandika Yajna which is to get Blessings from Godess Shakti/Durga.During this whole period,there was no bad results experienced. This is for your information.

Dear Ramadas,

Thank you for your response and sharing.

In your example, Rahu joins Ve. Rahu acts as a planet it's associated with, so as per your example, it's been proven- Rahu delivers Venus' promises- wheather or not it's YK- it's natural benefic and placed in second H, so wheather in Ju or Sa MD Rahu AD consinstently fullfils its "acquired by association" beneficience. I guess it easier to see Rahu as YK when associated with natural benefic.

Even then, I wish to know how much is Venus robbed of its benefic nature by the same assossiation?

Rahu's taking over its benevolence? In other words,will thus deprived Venus still keep its qualities or bring Rahu's 'bad mood' in its period? Have you seen that?

I am wondering if under the same circumstances/trinal Lord, YK/ Mars as YK /for Cancer lagna/, in trine with Rahu, would acquire Mars' "qualities of Lordship", or "Mars-natural-malefic qualities", or both- AND if Rahu takes the nature of the planet, what Mars will be left with? No power to protect own house-handed over to Rahu?

If both are YK, can they BOTH live under the same roof ? My Rahu is in Aquarius, thus Sa lordship- it's important planet in my chart- it's Ishta Devata, MK/both has proven to be protectors, my mother, deity/, Mahaogada, and if I apply the rule we discuss now, YK as well? Can they both /YKs/ benefit from mutual association, considering the nature of Rahu, as a first class malefic?

It would be great if you would share your impressions from your vast experience.

Thank you,

Anna

-Ramadas Rao Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:33:59 +0000 (GMT)varahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu YK

` nmae naray[ay,

Whatever Parashara Maharshi has written is correct and there is no doubt about it.In my chart,Makara Lagna,Shukra is Yoga Karaka is in 2nd house Vargothama with Rahu ie., Rahu is with trinal lord.During Guru Dasa- Rahu's Antara between 16-5-1987 and 8-10-1989,I was promoted twice in my career and my remunerations increased drastically with other fecilities.Now again Shani Dasa- Rahu Antara started from 21-5-2003 and will run till 27-3-2006.On October,this year again,I was promoted with a very high salary.So this means Rahu who is with trinal lord Shukra acted as a Yoga giver and as a result material wealth has increased.Also to support this Guru from Simha rashi aspecting kumbha Rashi which is my 2nd house here Shukra and Rahu are posited.

I hope this helps you.

Ramadas Rao.

jyotish108 wrote:

Dear Listers,

Regards,

Anna