IndiaDivine.org

Rahu- Ishta&Palana D.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sarajit, Karen, Brendan, Jay, and all,

Rahu in any role seems confusing to me.

It's my MK, Ishta D. and Palana Devata in my chart-

It's conj. Mars in Navamsa, of slightly lower long.

I have hard time understanding and connecting Rahu with either of

this

functions- following 8ch. scheme, as suggested, I guess I need a

deeper

understanding.

My family deity is a Lady Saint, who has never ever failed to

protect us- I fast

every Friday /so does my mother/ and as I was told when I was a

girl, not fasting on Friday in her

name, hurts her- that has been motivating enough for me to

fast. /She can 'punish', too, for not fasting- once fasting

obligation is taken, it's for life- I've never been 'punished' only

helped/

I know my deity, she is all goodness, strict moral, and justice, and

I have hard time connecting her with

obsessive, immoral, brutal Rahu /in 8th in AQ/- which I call " Mafia

Boss " . /and with other roles, as well/

Which deity would represent Rahu in all these roles, which mantra,

and what side I've been missing in Rahu-picture?

I would appreciate information, suggestion, clarification-

'enlightenment if you wish- on this important matter.

Thank you.

Anna

Dear Anna,

In Hindu theology, Rahu represents Durga, the Goddess who is depicted as having 10 arms, each holding a weapon or symbol give by other forms of God to defeat the demons ( maya/ ignorance).

Is your female saint known for her fierceness?

reagrds,

Karen

-

bona_mente

varahamihira

Thursday, December 18, 2003 5:53 AM

|Sri Varaha| Rahu- Ishta & Palana D.

Dear Sarajit, Karen, Brendan, Jay, and all,Rahu in any role seems confusing to me. It's my MK, Ishta D. and Palana Devata in my chart- It's conj. Mars in Navamsa, of slightly lower long. I have hard time understanding and connecting Rahu with either of this functions- following 8ch. scheme, as suggested, I guess I need a deeper understanding. My family deity is a Lady Saint, who has never ever failed to protect us- I fastevery Friday /so does my mother/ and as I was told when I was a girl, not fasting on Friday in hername, hurts her- that has been motivating enough for me to fast. /She can 'punish', too, for not fasting- once fasting obligation is taken, it's for life- I've never been 'punished' only helped/I know my deity, she is all goodness, strict moral, and justice, and I have hard time connecting her withobsessive, immoral, brutal Rahu /in 8th in AQ/- which I call "Mafia Boss". /and with other roles, as well/Which deity would represent Rahu in all these roles, which mantra, and what side I've been missing in Rahu-picture?I would appreciate information, suggestion, clarification-'enlightenment if you wish- on this important matter.Thank you.Anna

Dear Karen,

Thanks for your response. No my female saint is mild, calm /pictured in black with cross and plant - I've always seen that as healing by plants, deeply rooted in our tradition.

Healer, rather than warrior /of any kind/. Maybe it's impossible to find a parallel, don't know.. different cultures, traditions. female /saint/ with weapon, that doesn't exist in my 'national folklore.

Regards, Anna-Karen Skoler Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:23:11 -0500varahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Rahu- Ishta & Palana D.

Dear Anna,

In Hindu theology, Rahu represents Durga, the Goddess who is depicted as having 10 arms, each holding a weapon or symbol give by other forms of God to defeat the demons ( maya/ ignorance).

Is your female saint known for her fierceness?

reagrds,

Karen

-

bona_mente

varahamihira

Thursday, December 18, 2003 5:53 AM

|Sri Varaha| Rahu- Ishta & Palana D.

Dear Sarajit, Karen, Brendan, Jay, and all,Rahu in any role seems confusing to me. It's my MK, Ishta D. and Palana Devata in my chart- It's conj. Mars in Navamsa, of slightly lower long. I have hard time understanding and connecting Rahu with either of this functions- following 8ch. scheme, as suggested, I guess I need a deeper understanding. My family deity is a Lady Saint, who has never ever failed to protect us- I fastevery Friday /so does my mother/ and as I was told when I was a girl, not fasting on Friday in hername, hurts her- that has been motivating enough for me to fast. /She can 'punish', too, for not fasting- once fasting obligation is taken, it's for life- I've never been 'punished' only helped/I know my deity, she is all goodness, strict moral, and justice, and I have hard time connecting her withobsessive, immoral, brutal Rahu /in 8th in AQ/- which I call "Maf

ia Boss". /and with other roles, as well/Which deity would represent Rahu in all these roles, which mantra, and what side I've been missing in Rahu-picture?I would appreciate information, suggestion, clarification-'enlightenment if you wish- on this important matter.Thank you.Anna|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Anna,

Finding the equivalent form of Hindu Deities in other traditions is an area that is ripe for research and is an interest of mine. Knowledge of the Hindu forms of the deities is useful for this and then looking for equivalents in the local tradition.

For example, a female Christian saint with a weapon might be someone like St. Joan of Arc, although she might be more have Martian energy than Rahu energy. A Christian Martian Saint might be someone like St. Michael. Both their images are shown with swords and would fight for justice.

In some religions where God is worshipped in a formess state, like Judaism and (I believe) Islam, perhaps meditating on a certain quality that is represented by the ishta's planet. ( compassion, wisdom etc) is an alternative.

No doubt the Ishta will come to the native if the spirit is sincere wthout astrological guidance, but an astrologer can do a good deed my pointing the native in the right direction if they aren't sure where to start.

Would you mind sharing your chart and the name of the saint you pray to. I'd like to keep it for reference and hopefully do some research of my on this subject some day. You can do privately if you'd prefer.

With best wishes,

Karen

Thanks for your response. No my female saint is mild, calm /pictured in black with cross and plant - I've always seen that as healing by plants, deeply rooted in our tradition.

Healer, rather than warrior /of any kind/. Maybe it's impossible to find a parallel, don't know.. different cultures, traditions. female /saint/ with weapon, that doesn't exist in my 'national folklore.

Regards, Anna

||Om Brihaspataye Namah||

Dear Anna,

I am one of the 'all' responding here! Hope you dont mind. So Ra is

your MK, ID and PD all rolled up into one! What a machiavellian

bundle to decipher! My comments:

(1) MK seems to be logical given that it is your mother who advised

you to worship this Saint in a specific manner.

(2) In which sign are Ra & Ma placed in navamsa? If it is Sc or Ar, it

could indicate a form of Durga known as Chamundeswari. Of course,

this is from the Hindu viewpoint but I am hoping that Sarbani could

be able to clarify this form of Durga and try to find a correlation

between this form and your description of the blessed Saint.

(3)Why fasting on a friday? Where is the Venus connection (lord of

UL?)? I remember that Mo is your AK.

(4)Because you have a benefic AK and because Ra is also your PD, you

wouldnt have been punished much as say compared to cases where there

is a malefic AK and Ra is not the PD. In any case, the PD is the

devata who takes care of the native and protects from troubles,

suffering etc.

(5) Are you sure that Ra as co-lord of 8th Aq has caused troubles in

his dasha or antardashas? He could have very well caused you to

learn about occult sciences....like Jyotish!

(6) Re: mantra for ID, why dont you visit the church or place where

the blessed Saint is and ask the priest if any verses have been

composed in honor of the Saint? Those verses would serve as a basis

for your mantras....

Hope I'm making some sense here...and also hope that you fill in the

missing brush strokes on the canvas that is your life.

regards

Hari

varahamihira , " bona_mente " <jyotish108@c...>

wrote:

> Dear Sarajit, Karen, Brendan, Jay, and all,

>

> Rahu in any role seems confusing to me.

> It's my MK, Ishta D. and Palana Devata in my chart-

> It's conj. Mars in Navamsa, of slightly lower long.

> I have hard time understanding and connecting Rahu with either of

> this

> functions- following 8ch. scheme, as suggested, I guess I need a

> deeper

> understanding.

>

> My family deity is a Lady Saint, who has never ever failed to

> protect us- I fast

> every Friday /so does my mother/ and as I was told when I was a

> girl, not fasting on Friday in her

> name, hurts her- that has been motivating enough for me to

> fast. /She can 'punish', too, for not fasting- once fasting

> obligation is taken, it's for life- I've never been 'punished'

only

> helped/

> I know my deity, she is all goodness, strict moral, and justice,

and

> I have hard time connecting her with

> obsessive, immoral, brutal Rahu /in 8th in AQ/- which I

call " Mafia

> Boss " . /and with other roles, as well/

>

> Which deity would represent Rahu in all these roles, which mantra,

> and what side I've been missing in Rahu-picture?

> I would appreciate information, suggestion, clarification-

> 'enlightenment if you wish- on this important matter.

> Thank you.

> Anna

Dear onlyHari & all,

Thanks for your response. Yes, it does make sense. Only, it seems that you don't quite understand my point, /which is understandable, ha, ha/

I fast on Fridays because it's a day of my Deity- my family didn't know /neither did I, LOL/ that Venus rules Friday when that started!

(I've read this days Sarbani's article- Moon in 5th, and aspected by Jupiter- both indicate worshiping female deity /which I didn't know for Jupiter!/)

If that can help with my badhak Venus /and to my brother/ it's great. I try not to sound overzealous, but SHE DID Help me/him, I have no doubt about that.

No, my Rahu periods haven't been bad. It's just that I cannot relate Rahu with the these, most precious things in my life /By the way, Rahu is not only MK, ID, PD, but Mahayogada, and Ava-Yogi, sic!/does it make any sense?No?/I can 'sense' something in what you said, since I grew up with very sophisticated /strong!/ women, my mother being an absolute life blessing, whom I've listened and admired the most. Sure she's been a powerful protector, as my Deity is, too.

Thanks for helping me find at least one common thing- if it's about power...

My son's AK is Rahu, too- and that's more than I can digest!

Best regards,

Anna-"onlyhari" Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:59:19 -0000varahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| Re: Rahu- Ishta & Palana D.||Om Brihaspataye Namah||Dear Anna,I am one of the 'all' responding here! Hope you dont mind. So Ra is your MK, ID and PD all rolled up into one! What a machiavellian bundle to decipher! My comments:(1) MK seems to be logical given that it is your mother who advised you to worship this Saint in a specific manner.(2) In which sign are Ra & Ma placed in navamsa? If it is Sc or Ar, it could indicate a form of Durga known as Chamundeswari. Of course, this is from the Hindu viewpoint but I am hoping that Sarbani could be able to clarify this form of Durga and try to find a correlation between this form and your description of the blessed Saint.(3)Why fasting on a friday? Where is the Venus co

nnection (lord of UL?)? I remember that Mo is your AK.(4)Because you have a benefic AK and because Ra is also your PD, you wouldnt have been punished much as say compared to cases where there is a malefic AK and Ra is not the PD. In any case, the PD is the devata who takes care of the native and protects from troubles, suffering etc.(5) Are you sure that Ra as co-lord of 8th Aq has caused troubles in his dasha or antardashas? He could have very well caused you to learn about occult sciences....like Jyotish!(6) Re: mantra for ID, why dont you visit the church or place where the blessed Saint is and ask the priest if any verses have been composed in honor of the Saint? Those verses would serve as a basis for your mantras....Hope I'm making some sense here...and also hope that you fill in the missing brush strokes on the canvas that is your life.regardsHarivarahamihira@gr

oups.com, "bona_mente" <jyotish108@c...> wrote:> Dear Sarajit, Karen, Brendan, Jay, and all,> > Rahu in any role seems confusing to me. > It's my MK, Ishta D. and Palana Devata in my chart- > It's conj. Mars in Navamsa, of slightly lower long. > I have hard time understanding and connecting Rahu with either of > this > functions- following 8ch. scheme, as suggested, I guess I need a > deeper > understanding. > > My family deity is a Lady Saint, who has never ever failed to > protect us- I fast> every Friday /so does my mother/ and as I was told when I was a > girl, not fasting on Friday in her> name, hurts her- that has been motivating enough for me to > fast. /She can 'punish', too, for not fasting- once fasting > obligation is taken, it's for life- I've never been 'punished' only > helped/> I know my deity, she is all goo

dness, strict moral, and justice, and > I have hard time connecting her with> obsessive, immoral, brutal Rahu /in 8th in AQ/- which I call "Mafia > Boss". /and with other roles, as well/> > Which deity would represent Rahu in all these roles, which mantra, > and what side I've been missing in Rahu-picture?> I would appreciate information, suggestion, clarification-> 'enlightenment if you wish- on this important matter.> Thank you.> Anna|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira