IndiaDivine.org

More

Rate this topic

Guest guest

::Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya::Dear Jyotisha

Another link for you to peruse...it will also be visible in large number of other wenbsites and news papers today and tomorrow.

http://in.news./040114/43/2aw76.html

http://news.mantraonline.com/Best Regards,Sanjay RathSJC-Puri: 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri -752001, India----------------------------OM TAT SAT---------------------------

Dear Sanjay,

I gladly share this happy occasion of publicity to you, Jyotisha and SJC.

However reading the article I could not resist lifting an eyebrows when I read this:

<Now, says Rath, the BJP will go on to rule the country for 14 long years.>

I am not into mundane astrology, but isn't it a bit dangerous to make such a long term political statement ?

Imagine all the "anti astrology" forces just waiting for this kind of statement to go wrong, especially when it is made for a political party, not a single person.

I humbly expect you to at least make us (who could not participate in the conference) a bit wiser and reveal the underlying astrological facts that lead to this statement.

Kindest regards

/Jay Weiss

-

Sanjay Rath

; vedic astrology ; varahamihira

Thursday, January 15, 2004 3:14 PM

|Sri Varaha| More links

::Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya::Dear Jyotisha

Another link for you to peruse...it will also be visible in large number of other wenbsites and news papers today and tomorrow.

http://in.news./040114/43/2aw76.html

http://news.mantraonline.com/Best Regards,Sanjay RathSJC-Puri: 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri -752001, India----------------------------OM TAT SAT---------------------------|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Jay,

Just because a leading astrologer ridiculed such long-term

predictions in another list, don't assume that these

predictions are risky or just guessworks as alleged by him.

I am pretty sure Sanjay ji made the prediction on a sound

basis, using the chart of the BJP party. Of course,

political parties also have charts and they are as

important as the charts of political leaders.

Have you checked the dasas running in the BJP chart?

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

> Dear Sanjay,

> I gladly share this happy occasion of publicity to you, Jyotisha

and SJC.

> However reading the article I could not resist lifting an eyebrows

when I

read this:

> <Now, says Rath, the BJP will go on to rule the country for 14 long

years.>

>

> I am not into mundane astrology, but isn't it a bit dangerous to

make such a

long term political statement ?

> Imagine all the " anti astrology " forces just waiting for this kind

of

statement to go wrong, especially when it is made for a political

party, not a

single person.

> I humbly expect you to at least make us (who could not participate

in the

conference) a bit wiser and reveal the underlying astrological facts

that lead

to this statement.

>

> Kindest regards

> /Jay Weiss

Dear Narasimha,

My mail has NOTHING to do with any " leading astrologer ridiculed such

long-term

predictions in another list " .

I have plenary of my own daily struggle with " anti astrological forces "

where I live.

I clearly stated that I am not into mundane and will gladly LEARN the facts

that lead to this statement.

If you read my mail properly you would have noticed that I wrote it BECAUSE

I CARE!

Kind regards

/Jay Weiss

-

" pvr108 " <pvr

<vedic astrology >

Thursday, January 15, 2004 4:57 PM

[vedic astrology] Re: More links

> Dear Jay,

>

> Just because a leading astrologer ridiculed such long-term

> predictions in another list, don't assume that these

> predictions are risky or just guessworks as alleged by him.

>

> I am pretty sure Sanjay ji made the prediction on a sound

> basis, using the chart of the BJP party. Of course,

> political parties also have charts and they are as

> important as the charts of political leaders.

>

> Have you checked the dasas running in the BJP chart?

>

> May Jupiter's light shine on us,

> Narasimha

>

> > Dear Sanjay,

> > I gladly share this happy occasion of publicity to you, Jyotisha

> and SJC.

> > However reading the article I could not resist lifting an eyebrows

> when I

>

> read this:

> > <Now, says Rath, the BJP will go on to rule the country for 14 long

> years.>

> >

> > I am not into mundane astrology, but isn't it a bit dangerous to

> make such a

>

> long term political statement ?

> > Imagine all the " anti astrology " forces just waiting for this kind

> of

>

> statement to go wrong, especially when it is made for a political

> party, not a

>

> single person.

> > I humbly expect you to at least make us (who could not participate

> in the

>

> conference) a bit wiser and reveal the underlying astrological facts

> that lead

>

> to this statement.

> >

> > Kindest regards

> > /Jay Weiss

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ....... May Jupiter's light shine on us .......

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Anna,

I and Jay have already communicated privately and made sure

there are no hard feelings on either side.

I wasn't accusing him of anything. I thought he may have

read something and got influenced (which is not a bad thing

to do). And I was wrong.

As you say, Jay has always been supportive of Sanjay, SJC and me

in particular. I was not commenting on his intentions.

For those who don't know, a leading astrologer has been

spreading veiled propaganda against Sanjay. He repeatedly

ridiculed long-term predictions that BJP will be in power for

more than a decade, on another list. He seems to think people

other than him and his students can only make guesses as they

know very little astrology.

The good thing about party horoscopes is that they are pretty

well-known, more accurately than even the horoscopes of leaders!

In a recent mail, the same gentleman also spoke of astrology in

Orissa state (where Sanjay is from) and said Orissa is the worst

state in India for astrological knowledge. He also spoke ill of

paramparas and ridiculed them in another mail. There is a lot of

veiled (or not so veiled) propaganda against Sanjay in his recent

writings.

Orissa borders the northeastern part of Andhra Pradesh state,

which is supposed to be the region where astrology in general

and Jaimini's teachings in particular are preserved well. Even

Dr. B.V. Raman is from this region of AP state. His ancestors

had moved to Bangalore a few generations ago. Vemuri Ramamurthi

Sastri referred to by some astrology savants is also from the

same region. We never had clear state boundaries in old days and

the northeast Andhra and southern Orissa were like one region,

ruled by the Gajapati kings. That is where Jyotisha tradition

was kept alive. It is pathetic that somebody would say Orissa is

the worst state in India for astrology, just to put down a

particular rival.

Talking about paramparas, the gentleman's point that knowledge

gets corrupted when it goes from one generation to another is

certainly valid, but his ridicule is not. It is still a lot

better to submit oneself to a guru in a parampara and learn from

him, rather than ask a handful of clients to read out the

readings given to them by a great scholar and try to figure out

all the rules of " Jaimini astrology " from a handful of read-out

readings.

It is possible that I was angry with the veiled propaganda of the

gentleman and, when I saw Jay pursue a point made by that

gentleman, I thought Jay may be influenced by him. However, there

were no hard feelings for Jay ever.

Anyway, I have already answered his question: We use party charts

to make such long-term predictions.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

> Dear Narasimha,

> I am totally puzzled! As far as i remember /and I've been around

for pretty long time, as you might have noticed/, Jay has always

been protecting SJC and its status-

> As well as that of vedic astrology in general.

> Firstly, He doesn't need to ask ' leading astrologer' for his

opinion. Secondly, his concern does exactly the opposite- tries to

prevent that ill-willed get the weapon for free.

> And we know how unhealthy situation in Jyotish circles are, and

that astrology in general doesn't have much credibility in our

world.

>

> How could one miss that Jay just CARE!- and sometimes /most of

times?/ we benefit more from a friendly warning, disagreement,

bringing another point of view, etc...than from unison automatic

'applause'- however pleasant they may be at the time, long term

benefits come from another side.

>

> Not only SJC, we all need friendly jays- not to be discouraged

> Maybe I should say that this was written with best intentions,

as well?

>

> Regards,

> Anna

Dear Narasimha,

I am glad it's clear that our Jay has no connection to unreasonable and self-defeating propaganda of that eminent astrologer. I understand how angry you've been reading these nonsenses on Jy-List!

As you know, I am aware of that derogatory, unthical propaganda which is not 'veiled' but rudely revealing- of an obsession at the first place-Good thing is that's exactly the reason why nobody takes those 'day after day ruminations' seriously- nobody even responded to any of them, on that list!!! for understandanble reasons-

which is quite a good sign!

No doubt they cannot influence anyone's opinion!

...and that's how those with bad intentions de-evaluete themselves, work against themeselves- there is justice in this world, that nobody is spared from.

Regards,

Anna-"pvr108" Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:46:30 -0000varahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| Re: More linksDear Anna,I and Jay have already communicated privately and made surethere are no hard feelings on either side.I wasn't accusing him of anything. I thought he may haveread something and got influenced (which is not a bad thingto do). And I was wrong.As you say, Jay has always been supportive of Sanjay, SJC and mein particular. I was not commenting on his intentions.For those who don't know, a leading astrologer has beenspreading veiled propaganda against Sanjay. He repeatedlyridiculed long-term predictions that BJP will be in power formore than a decade, on another list. He seems to think peopleother than him and his students can only make guesses as theyknow ve

ry little astrology.The good thing about party horoscopes is that they are pretty well-known, more accurately than even the horoscopes of leaders!In a recent mail, the same gentleman also spoke of astrology inOrissa state (where Sanjay is from) and said Orissa is the worststate in India for astrological knowledge. He also spoke ill ofparamparas and ridiculed them in another mail. There is a lot ofveiled (or not so veiled) propaganda against Sanjay in his recentwritings.Orissa borders the northeastern part of Andhra Pradesh state,which is supposed to be the region where astrology in generaland Jaimini's teachings in particular are preserved well. EvenDr. B.V. Raman is from this region of AP state. His ancestorshad moved to Bangalore a few generations ago. Vemuri RamamurthiSastri referred to by some astrology savants is also from thesame region. We never had clear state boundaries in old days andth

e northeast Andhra and southern Orissa were like one region,ruled by the Gajapati kings. That is where Jyotisha traditionwas kept alive. It is pathetic that somebody would say Orissa isthe worst state in India for astrology, just to put down aparticular rival.Talking about paramparas, the gentleman's point that knowledgegets corrupted when it goes from one generation to another iscertainly valid, but his ridicule is not. It is still a lotbetter to submit oneself to a guru in a parampara and learn fromhim, rather than ask a handful of clients to read out thereadings given to them by a great scholar and try to figure outall the rules of "Jaimini astrology" from a handful of read-out readings.It is possible that I was angry with the veiled propaganda of thegentleman and, when I saw Jay pursue a point made by thatgentleman, I thought Jay may be influenced by him. However, therewere no hard feelings for J

ay ever.Anyway, I have already answered his question: We use party chartsto make such long-term predictions.May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> Dear Narasimha,> I am totally puzzled! As far as i remember /and I've been around for pretty long time, as you might have noticed/, Jay has always been protecting SJC and its status-> As well as that of vedic astrology in general. > Firstly, He doesn't need to ask ' leading astrologer' for his opinion. Secondly, his concern does exactly the opposite- tries to prevent that ill-willed get the weapon for free. > And we know how unhealthy situation in Jyotish circles are, and that astrology in general doesn't have much credibility in our world.> > How could one miss that Jay just CARE!- and sometimes /most of times?/ we benefit more from a friendly warning, disagreement, bringing anothe

r point of view, etc...than from unison automatic 'applause'- however pleasant they may be at the time, long term benefits come from another side.> > Not only SJC, we all need friendly jays- not to be discouraged> Maybe I should say that this was written with best intentions, as well?> > Regards,> Anna|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

::Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya::Dear Jay

That statement of mine was made in 1997..the press is repeating it here. I stand by that prediction. It was based on the independance chart of India. Another thing - can you forward this to the gentleman who has been saying that people of Orissa do not know astrology...

News capsule

Sri A.U. Singh Deo, Cabinet Minister, Government of Orissa lit the lamp for Sri Jagannäth Mahaprabhu and inaugurated the 2nd Annual Conference of Sri Jagannäth Center (Asia). The theme of the conference was Yogas in astrology and was dedicated to Pt. Jagannäth Rath, Jyotiña Ratna. Sri Singh Deo recalled some fine predictions about our present Chief Minister Çré Naveen Patnaik becoming the Chief Minister of Orissa which has proved to be true and the latest prediction about Sri Naveen Patnaik continuing as the Chief Minister of Orissa in the Jyotish Digest October 2003 issue is expected to prove true again.

Sri Sanjay Rath, Jyotiña Guru SJC explained the developments in the field of Jyotiña and promised to work diligently to set up the international College of Vedic Astrology at Puri. He also promised to work towards setting up of the largest library on Jyotiña to be named after Sri R.N.Singh Deo, the ex-Chief Minister of India. Sri Sanjay Rath spoke extensively on Mahäpuruça Yoga and Sri Manas Swain spoke on Vastu and its relevance to yogas in astrology. The session for the day was concluded by Phyllis Chubb (Canada) who spoke on the foundation of Yogas.

Speech of Çré A.U.Singh Deo

Jaya Jagannäth! On behalf of the people of Orissa, I extend a warm welcome to the participants of this second international conference of the Çré Jagannäth Center. We hope that your stay at Puri is comfortable and that this experience of sharing knowledge is memorable.

We have known Çré Sanjay Rath since his days with the Central Government and he has always been a sincere Jyotiña. He has made some fine predictions about our present Chief Minister Çré Naveen Patnaik becoming the Chief Minister of Orissa has proved to be true. We have seen him found the Çré Jagannäth Center a few years back and have been among the founding rs of the Jyotish Digest magazine. His latest prediction about Sri Naveen Patnaik continuing as the Chief Minister of Orissa in the Jyotish Digest October 2003 issue is expected to prove true again.

Orissa’s rich jyotiña heritage

Orissa’s tradition of Jyotiña dates back to the Vedic period but available records show Pandit Satänanda Ächarya of Puri (b.1068 A.D.) as the first recorded astrologer. He had written three books on gaëita & phalita jyotiña (i.e. astronomy and astrology) named Bhaswati Karaëa, Satananda Ratnamala and Satananda Sangraha. Bhaswati Karana is based on astronomy and was written in Sanskrit, written in 1099 A.D. He has followed the principles of the great astronomical treaty ‘Surya Sidhanta’ of sage Maya. The book Bhaswati has many astronomical hints and guidelines including the movements of the planets, their positions, the constellations, solar and lunar eclipse, the art of preparing Païcäëga, Ephemeris, planetary conjunctions, rising and setting of planets, etc. A translation of this book has been made into oriya by Sri Trilochan Mohanty and it would be a good task for SJC to consider translating this into English and other languages.

Another luminary in this field was Çré Jagannath Narayan Deb, the great king of Paralakhemundi. He has written the book ‘Ayurdaya Koumudi’ in Sanskrit in 1650 A.D. This work is yet to be translated into English. Other great scholars include Tripurari Dash (author of Keraliya Daçä, which is a likely translation of daçädhyäyi book of Kerala), Çré Raghunath Dash (author of Utpata Tarangini), Çré Maguni Pathi (author of Graha Chakra Tikka), Mahämahopädhäya Chakadi Nanda (author of Ratna Koumudi and Balabodha).

Perhaps the most talented and versatile among them was Samanta Chandrasekhara. Born on 13 December 1835 at Khandapada as Mahamahopadhaya Chandrasekhar Singh Harichandan Mohapatra Samant, he was better known as Pathäëi Sämanta. His master piece ‘Sidhanta Darpana’, published in 1899 A.D. has twenty-four parts and 2500 Sanskrit verses in it. He was the first astronomer in the world to find the eviction of Moon. There were some major mistakes in the local païcäëga and he spent sleepless nights studying the sky from inside his hut by making a hole in it. He never used modern telescope, clock, observatory, or other such tools and instead used the Sun-dial, a measuring-rod & bamboo sticks for his research! To test his depth of knowledge the then commissioner of Cuttack Mr. Cook called for Samant Chandrasekhar to measure the height of the Saptasajya mountain through two bamboo sticks. His calculations were 100% correct for which the British Government adorned him the title Mahämahopadhäya in 1894. In his book ‘Astronomy without telescopes’, the British astronomer E.E. Maunder writes, “There is still living in Orissa, the Hindu astronomer Chandrasekhara who with his home-made instruments and without any optical assistance has determined the elements of the chief members of the solar systems with a most astonishing accuracy.” He was equally adept at predictive astrology and predicted his own death on 10.6.1904. He even made the trip to Puri 13 days before this date for the event!

Pandit Baikoli Mohapatra (1908-1977) was another great astrologer of Orissa. His prediction about the Bihar earthquake of 1934 was published in Oriya daily ‘Asha’ and ‘New Orissa’ in 1933. He has written more than sixteen books on astrology in Oriya. He has some outstanding prediction to his credit like the world war, splitting of congress party, formation of Orissa, election of Sri. V. V. Giri as President, etc. He received various titles and honors - Jyotisha Visharada (Magharaja of Khallikote), Jyotisha Bhaskara (Ayodhya Samskrit Samiti), Upayana (Orissa Sahitya Academi), Jyotirvidya Vachaspati(Samanta Chandrasekhara Smruti parishad). He authored the famous book ‘Jyotishara Ratnavalli’ in three volumes.

Sri Bira Hanumana Sastri (1911- 1994) received the title ‘Jyotishacharya’ from Sanskrit university Puri. He translated ‘Sidhanta Darpana’ of Samanta Chandrasekhar to Oriya. Sri Dibakar Parida(1911-1941) authored Jataka Alankara. Sri Laxinarayan Bhanja Deo (1912-1986) Raja of Keonjhar was the vice chairman of Indian Astrological Council and was a good astrologer. Sri Padmalochan Mishra(1929-1986) has written three books while Pandit Jagannäth Rath authored various books in oriya and was given the title ‘Jyotiña ratna’.

Çré Achyutananda Das was a great devotee of Jagannäth and was one of the païca sakha of Çré Chaitanya Mahaprabhu along with Çré Jagannäth Das and others. He has authored various books on astrology and spirituality like the ‘Shunya Samhita’ and ‘Guru Bhakti Gita’. He established various gaddi’s (centers of learning) throughout the state and although the learning in these gurukul has come to an end due to the changes that swept the state after independence, some of the astrologers continued to hold the lamp. One such astrologer is at Kakatpur where the copper plates are used to answer queries in horary astrology.

The future

The future of jyotiña lies in establishing a center of learning at Puri which has been traditionally, the seat of Orissa’s jyotiña culture. The government is committed to protecting the rich cultural heritage of the state and shall extend all help to encouraging studies in this. The Çré Jagannäth Center should take up the task of translating the great ancient works of the oriya jyotiña scholars into English and other languages on a priority. Manuscripts are available at the museum. We believe that SJC has desired to set up a College of Vedic Astrology for this purpose where the learning is passed down to the next generation and further research is carried out and urge you to locate the collage at Puri, Orissa. The government shall provide all possible help for this purpose.

With these words, we wish you a very happy and fruitful New year.

Thank you.Best Regards,Sanjay RathSJC-Puri: 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri -752001, India----------------------------OM TAT SAT---------------------------

- pvr108

varahamihira

Thursday, January 15, 2004 9:27 PM

|Sri Varaha| Re: More links

Dear Jay,Just because a leading astrologer ridiculed such long-termpredictions in another list, don't assume that thesepredictions are risky or just guessworks as alleged by him.I am pretty sure Sanjay ji made the prediction on a soundbasis, using the chart of the BJP party. Of course,political parties also have charts and they are asimportant as the charts of political leaders.Have you checked the dasas running in the BJP chart?May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> Dear Sanjay,> I gladly share this happy occasion of publicity to you, Jyotisha and SJC.> However reading the article I could not resist lifting an eyebrows when I read this:> <Now, says Rath, the BJP will go on to rule the country for 14 long years.>> > I am not into mundane astrology, but isn't it a bit dangerous to make such a long term political statement ?> Imagine all the "anti astrology" forces just waiting for this kind of statement to go wrong, especially when it is made for a political party, not a single person.> I humbly expect you to at least make us (who could not participate in the conference) a bit wiser and reveal the underlying astrological facts that lead to this statement.> > Kindest regards> /Jay Weiss|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira