IndiaDivine.org

|Sri Varaha/maranasthana/Brendan and Sarajit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 02/09/2004 12:33:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:

Dear Anna,

Thanks for your long note. I will read it tomorrow.

As I understand it, here we have the principle of a double negative. The planet is very weak (= "bad") and placed in a "bad" house and thus gives a positive result. This will only apply provided the planet is neecha and NOT retrograde.

Regards,

Brendan

Dear Brendan,

Thanks for sharing this story, and though flattering- your request for our opinion, you've received all the answers already from Sanjay, and none of us would claim to know more than him.

However, I understand your question in the context of Sarajit's last post- what he wrote pushed the /right/ button, I'd say, gave food to an old idea, I have never had a chance to verbalize even- so forgive me if I my words do not precisely reflect the meaning of what I feel. I am sure you will understand this.

As for planet in MKS- Firstly, I haven't seen this position that devastating as some would say-/ Secondly, as per my own chart, and what many and 'famous' astrologers said, I would have thought I was dead already- which would be rather 'exaggerated! /I wasn't that lucky to have Sanjay's reading/ But these are not relevant issues, at the moment.

NOW: Sarajit raised the issue of MKS, and my understanding is that we are searching for conditions that increase/decrease already weakened position of a planet in MKS- just that!

Sarajit 'threw' the idea that 3rd House karaka /where his Ju in MKA is/, his AK Mars in 9th, can help in overcoming this weakness, and helping the houses /and people concerned...

I've just planned to respond to Sarajit, when your post came- as it happened, you both have Ju in MKS- and I am sure you thought about Sarajit's conclusion /that Mars, karaka for third can save/cancel weakness, enhance significations..etc..

---------------------------

Now let me share my thoughts on this.

I agree with Sarajit that YES, it is MARS which can do the right thing/please see Sarajit's post/- BUT not because of the fact that Mars is Karaka for third house- sorry Sarajit, I view it differently- BUT because MARS IS his AK- my strong feeling is that nobody could/should avoid his AK- neglecting request from AK /. Suffering in life is inevitable- we all agree with that, and yes, AK doesn't spare us of suffering. My long-term question is/was, if we cannot avoid suffering, can we chose our suffering?

If for whatever reasons we tend /and who doesn't?/ to avoid suffering meant for us BY AK- we will see more suffering appearing/to our dear ones, what we love, value/

My conclusion is: Live /suffering- but honestly not just that!/ your AK, and that's the best remedy!

When I told you that my son benefited more from my suffering than from my virtues, it was not just a shallow statement /God knows I'm not shallow/. It is that I chose 'my suffering', agreed with what God has given to me- my AK, and thus /among other things/ spared my son of much serious suffering! /I could have accepted 'tough love' advices, kicked kim of, and spare myself at least a bit of suffering, but that seemed so wrong!! to my AK-I dare to say, YES/

Now you also have Ju in MKS, and MARS AK- same as Sarajit. /DID YOU save significations mentioned in your post, VIA your AK? /

And same as Sarajit, also, you protect houses/issues affected by that weakness /cancel it?/ BY accepting the curse/blessings of your AK.

Sometimes it's easier, sometimes not..I haven't seen that Venus AK, or JU AK are necessarily easier than deb.Moon AK, Saturn AK..I've seen Ju AK avoiding to live it in life /living Ra, sat, Mars- but not JU as "meant", by God's will?/ and immense suffering all over all weak points in the chart.

I've been too wordy... Sorry, this is the first time I talk this- I usually just 'think' this..My apology for a long post- I can see the frown on Sanjay's face 'What is she talking about?' LOL!

Will finish now..

Warmest wishes,

Anna

Dear Brendan,

Thanks for sharing this story, and though flattering- your request for our opinion, you've received all the answers already from Sanjay, and none of us would claim to know more than him.

However, I understand your question in the context of Sarajit's last post- what he wrote pushed the /right/ button, I'd say, gave food to an old idea, I have never had a chance to verbalize even- so forgive me if I my words do not precisely reflect the meaning of what I feel. I am sure you will understand this.

As for planet in MKS- Firstly, I haven't seen this position that devastating as some would say-/ Secondly, as per my own chart, and what many and 'famous' astrologers said, I would have thought I was dead already- which would be rather 'exaggerated! /I wasn't that lucky to have Sanjay's reading/ But these are not relevant issues, at the moment.

NOW: Sarajit raised the issue of MKS, and my understanding is that we are searching for conditions that increase/decrease already weakened position of a planet in MKS- just that!

Sarajit 'threw' the idea that 3rd House karaka /where his Ju in MKA is/, his AK Mars in 9th, can help in overcoming this weakness, and helping the houses /and people concerned...

I've just planned to respond to Sarajit, when your post came- as it happened, you both have Ju in MKS- and I am sure you thought about Sarajit's conclusion /that Mars, karaka for third can save/cancel weakness, enhance significations..etc..

---------------------------

Now let me share my thoughts on this.

I agree with Sarajit that YES, it is MARS which can do the right thing/please see Sarajit's post/- BUT not because of the fact that Mars is Karaka for third house- sorry Sarajit, I view it differently- BUT because MARS IS his AK- my strong feeling is that nobody could/should avoid his AK- neglecting request from AK /. Suffering in life is inevitable- we all agree with that, and yes, AK doesn't spare us of suffering. My long-term question is/was, if we cannot avoid suffering, can we chose our suffering?

If for whatever reasons we tend /and who doesn't?/ to avoid suffering meant for us BY AK- we will see more suffering appearing/to our dear ones, what we love, value/

My conclusion is: Live /suffering- but honestly not just that!/ your AK, and that's the best remedy!

When I told you that my son benefited more from my suffering than from my virtues, it was not just a shallow statement /God knows I'm not shallow/. It is that I chose 'my suffering', agreed with what God has given to me- my AK, and thus /among other things/ spared my son of much serious suffering! /I could have accepted 'tough love' advices, kicked kim of, and spare myself at least a bit of suffering, but that seemed so wrong!! to my AK-I dare to say, YES/

Now you also have Ju in MKS, and MARS AK- same as Sarajit. /DID YOU save significations mentioned in your post, VIA your AK? /

And same as Sarajit, also, you protect houses/issues affected by that weakness /cancel it?/ BY accepting the curse/blessings of your AK.

Sometimes it's easier, sometimes not..I haven't seen that Venus AK, or JU AK are necessarily easier than deb.Moon AK, Saturn AK..I've seen Ju AK avoiding to live it in life /living Ra, sat, Mars- but not JU as "meant", by God's will?/ and immense suffering all over all weak points in the chart.

I've been too wordy... Sorry, this is the first time I talk this- I usually just 'think' this..My apology for a long post- I can see the frown on Sanjay's face 'What is she talking about?' LOL!

Will finish now..

Warmest wishes,

Anna -BpfeeleyDate: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:38:56 ESTvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Mantra for planet in maranasthanaIn a message dated 02/08/2004 12:57:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:Hare Rama KrishnaDearest Anna and Sarajit,Please take a look at my chart and tell me what I should expect from Jupiter and the houses he lords (2nd and 5th) as well as the house he occupies in debilitation (3rd), his maranasthana.Now what kind of result should I have seen in this life wrt my native family, marriage (he is the DK), birth of chilldren, knowledge and learning, education, degrees, Gurus, etc?There is only one astrologer (our dear

Sanjay) in this world to date that was able to tell me in completely clear terms what this Jupiter brought into my life and he was able to explain it with absolute clarity based on sound rules. Note that the Jupiter is also neecha in the Navamsa.As I recall, Sanjay told me that with this Jupiter, "Yama comes to take my family and children away and he suddenly becomes confused and has to leave and return to his abode."Every other astrologer failed miserably. Some of them were very "famous." I was told I would never be married and if I did get married it would be for no more than 2 years, that I would never have children, a poor education, little interest in knowledge (philosophy is my favorite subject, both western and vedic).One astrologer told me I didn't have any younger sibling. I have 4 older siblings and one younger. The older ones all have regular "ordinary" lives but the younger one has an international reputation and a good deal of fame in hi

s field.In otherwords, the opposite of what you propose has occurred. How does your logic apply here?Warm Regards,Brendan

While what you wrote here- that debilitation further weakens the planet in MKS, and is thus the worst condition- is perfectly logical and clear to me, I am wondering about potential sources of empowerment of a planet in MKS- by extension it seems exaltation would do that-is that right? Anything else- that can modify, improve this bad condition? Thanks.Warmest wishes,Anna|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira << Papyrus.jpg >>_______________

-- _________Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Dear Brendan,

Thanks for explanation- But, do we necessarily need that one?

-firstly, debilitation of your Ju is cancelled, isn't it?

/I would also always think about /good/ that Ju aspects it's own

house and that-its exaltation sign /I know, this is from another

school of though, I find relevant, anyway/

-If we take 'karaka' reasoning that Sarajit explained- that would

help weakness due to MKS

So both weaknesses are cancelled on that account!

Why do we need 'double bad=good reasoning /it's not VRY!

If we forget AK strength in Kendra, and my reasoning, why Yama was

confused? Nice anthropomorphism, but anthropomorphism anyway

Regards,

Anna

varahamihira , Bpfeeley@A... wrote:

> In a message dated 02/09/2004 12:33:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,

> jyotish108@c... writes:

>

> Dear Anna,

>

> Thanks for your long note. I will read it tomorrow.

>

> As I understand it, here we have the principle of a double

negative. The

> planet is very weak (= " bad " ) and placed in a " bad " house and thus

gives a

> positive result. This will only apply provided the planet is

neecha and NOT

> retrograde.

>

> Regards,

> Brendan

>

>

> > Dear Brendan,

> >

> > Thanks for sharing this story, and though flattering- your

request for our

> > opinion, you've received all the answers already from Sanjay,

and none of us

> > would claim to know more than him.

> >

> > However, I understand your question in the context of Sarajit's

last post-

> > what he wrote pushed the /right/ button, I'd say, gave food to

an old idea, I

> > have never had a chance to verbalize even- so forgive me if I my

words do not

> > precisely reflect the meaning of what I feel. I am sure you will

understand

> > this.

> >

> > As for planet in MKS- Firstly, I haven't seen this position

that

> > devastating as some would say-/ Secondly, as per my own chart,

and what many and

> > 'famous' astrologers said, I would have thought I was dead

already- which would be

> > rather 'exaggerated! /I wasn't that lucky to have Sanjay's

reading/ But these

> > are not relevant issues, at the moment.

> >

> > NOW: Sarajit raised the issue of MKS, and my understanding is

that we are

> > searching for conditions that increase/decrease already weakened

position of a

> > planet in MKS- just that!

> >

> > Sarajit 'threw' the idea that 3rd House karaka /where his Ju in

MKA is/,

> > his AK Mars in 9th, can help in overcoming this weakness, and

helping the

> > houses /and people concerned...

> >

> > I've just planned to respond to Sarajit, when your post came-

as it

> > happened, you both have Ju in MKS- and I am sure you thought

about Sarajit's

> > conclusion /that Mars, karaka for third can save/cancel

weakness, enhance

> > significations..etc..

> >

> > ---------------------------

> >

> > Now let me share my thoughts on this.

> >

> > I agree with Sarajit that YES, it is MARS which can do the

right

> > thing/please see Sarajit's post/- BUT not because of the fact

that Mars is Karaka for

> > third house- sorry Sarajit, I view it differently- BUT because

MARS IS his AK-

> > my strong feeling is that nobody could/should avoid his AK-

neglecting

> > request from AK /. Suffering in life is inevitable- we all agree

with that, and

> > yes, AK doesn't spare us of suffering. My long-term question

is/was, if we

> > cannot avoid suffering, can we chose our suffering?

> >

> > If for whatever reasons we tend /and who doesn't?/ to avoid

suffering meant

> > for us BY AK- we will see more suffering appearing/to our dear

ones, what we

> > love, value/

> >

> > My conclusion is: Live /suffering- but honestly not just that!/

your AK, and

> > that's the best remedy!

> >

> > When I told you that my son benefited more from my suffering

than from my

> > virtues, it was not just a shallow statement /God knows I'm not

shallow/. It is

> > that I chose 'my suffering', agreed with what God has given to

me- my AK,

> > and thus /among other things/ spared my son of much serious

suffering! /I could

> > have accepted 'tough love' advices, kicked kim of, and spare

myself at least

> > a bit of suffering, but that seemed so wrong!! to my AK-I dare

to say, YES/

> >

> > Now you also have Ju in MKS, and MARS AK- same as Sarajit. /DID

YOU save

> > significations mentioned in your post, VIA your AK? /

> >

> > And same as Sarajit, also, you protect houses/issues affected

by that

> > weakness /cancel it?/ BY accepting the curse/blessings of your

AK.

> >

> > Sometimes it's easier, sometimes not..I haven't seen that Venus

AK, or JU AK

> > are necessarily easier than deb.Moon AK, Saturn AK..I've seen Ju

AK avoiding

> > to live it in life /living Ra, sat, Mars- but not JU as " meant " ,

by God's

> > will?/ and immense suffering all over all weak points in the

chart.

> >

> > I've been too wordy... Sorry, this is the first time I talk

this- I usually

> > just 'think' this..My apology for a long post- I can see the

frown on

> > Sanjay's face 'What is she talking about?' LOL!

> >

> > Will finish now..

> >

> > Warmest wishes,

> >

> > Anna

> >

> >

> >

> >

In a message dated 02/09/2004 12:31:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:

Anna,

Yes, Jupiter does have neechabhanga but it is also in 6th from the Moon and that's not good. You might say that its dispositor is conjoined Moon.

It is weak in shadbala, astakavarga bala and vaiseshikamsa. It is in the nakshatra of the Sun and Sun (and AK Mars) are in Jupiter's nakshatra, a nakshatra parivarthana.

Sun itself is not that strong (weak in digbala and in the sign of an enemy and at the end of a sign, and as far as I'm concerned the parivarthana between the Sun and Saturn is not able to give good yoga (it brought me to a foreign country for my career in Sun/Saturn as you might expect).

Yes, the Sun is AMK and Mars is AK and that is a rajyoga but not without blemish. Note that if you change the Ayanamsa by a very small amount, Mars becomes the DK and goes to Pisces and Sun becomes the AK. For example, if you use KP ayanamsa that happens.

All the Jupiter bhuktis have been relatively good and especially with fortunate unanticipated events.

Yes, Jupiter aspecting the 9th is beneficial and I look forward to his dasa but have to wait for some years.

I just do not see where the blemish of the MKS manifests! Children, older siblings, Gurus, are all good and healthy.

How does the dispositor of a MKS planet cancel the MKS status? Does not make sense to me.

Warm Regards,

Brendan

Dear Brendan,

Thanks for explanation- But, do we necessarily need that one?

-firstly, debilitation of your Ju is cancelled, isn't it?

/I would also always think about /good/ that Ju aspects it's own

house and that-its exaltation sign /I know, this is from another

school of though, I find relevant, anyway/

-If we take 'karaka' reasoning that Sarajit explained- that would

help weakness due to MKS

So both weaknesses are cancelled on that account!

Why do we need 'double bad=good reasoning /it's not VRY!

If we forget AK strength in Kendra, and my reasoning, why Yama was

confused? Nice anthropomorphism, but anthropomorphism anyway

Regards,

Anna

Dear Brendan,

I guess none of us is quite objective when analyzing own chart- you seem to expose your Ju to 'negative' criteria selection, who knows, you may be too negatively conditioned by bad readings you've had not to see that Ju IS great benefic, that it aspects his own house, seventh as well, and that is not in poor condition otherwise, etc...I certainly can be wrong, on the other hand

All other things aside,

your major disagreement lies in the Sarajit's postulate that since MKA is house related, karaka of the house can 'cancel' it- honestly the more I think about that, the more it makes sense to me. It doesn't make sense to you, and it's ok.

I just don't see that weakness of this vargottama Jupiter and I would consider Cancellation of debilitation, only favourable aspects that Ju makes, no obstruction from other malefics..-where the weakness of MKS is manifesting? I don't know, but I have positively seen that not all factors can be just perfect in any chart, about every planet, in every aspect.. Have you not seen MKS 'not working' for even less compelling reasons than those present in your chart? I have. /Let me remind you of Mr. GWBush with Sun, Saturn and Ju in MKS/

/ I would be more concerned about exact trine rahu/Moon- in fact when I looked at your chart for the first time, it was not Ju but Moon /Rahu I was 'worried' about/. I hardly ever insist on being right for the sake of being right, hope you noticed that, and not admitting when I am not, now as ever, even in Mars MD, LOL.

I told you what I thought- and still do unless I see the reason to change my opinion, which I haven't by now.- I may be wrong, maybe right,

I am just curious to KNOW- how can anybody /reasonably open-minded/ get angry over 'knowledge' issue? I might have missed to be more considerate in expressing my opinion, though, and I am sorry for that.I appreciate your sharing, your explanation, answering.. and whether seeing things right or wrong, I still like you.

Yours,

Anna

-BpfeeleyDate: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:16:30 ESTvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: |Sri Varaha/maranasthana/Brendan and SarajitIn a message dated 02/09/2004 12:31:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:Anna,Yes, Jupiter does have neechabhanga but it is also in 6th from the Moon and that's not good. You might say that its dispositor is conjoined Moon.It is weak in shadbala, astakavarga bala and vaiseshikamsa. It is in the nakshatra of the Sun and Sun (and AK Mars) are in Jupiter's nakshatra, a nakshatra parivarthana. Sun itself is not that strong (weak in digbala and in the sign of an enemy and at the end of a sign, and as far as I'm concerned the parivarthana between the Sun and Saturn is not able to give good yoga (it brought me to a foreign country for my career in Sun/Saturn as you might expect). Yes, the Sun is AMK and Mars is AK and that is a rajyoga but not without blemish. Note that if you change the Ayanamsa by a very small amount, Mars becomes the DK and goes to Pisces and Sun becomes the AK. For example, if you use KP ayanamsa that happens.All the Jupiter bhuktis have been relatively good and especially with fortunate unanticipated events.Yes, Jupiter aspecting the 9th is beneficial and I look forward to his dasa but have to wait for some years.I just do not see where the blemish of the MKS manifests! Children, older siblings, Gurus, are all good and healthy.How does the dispositor of a MKS planet cancel the MKS status? Does not make sense to me.Warm Regards,Brendan

Dear Brendan,Thanks for explanation- But, do we necessarily need that one?-firstly, debilitation of your Ju is cancelled, isn't it?/I would also always think about /good/ that Ju aspects it's own house and that-its exaltation sign /I know, this is from another school of though, I find relevant, anyway/-If we take 'karaka' reasoning that Sarajit explained- that would help weakness due to MKSSo both weaknesses are cancelled on that account!Why do we need 'double bad=good reasoning /it's not VRY!If we forget AK strength in Kendra, and my reasoning, why Yama was confused? Nice anthropomorphism, but anthropomorphism anywayRegards,Anna |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

<< Papyrus.jpg >>_______________

In a message dated 02/10/2004 2:51:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:

Dearest Anna,

I prefer "variety of experiences" to positive and negative. The latter has too many subjective idealizations build in to it.

I don't disagree with Sarajit at all. In fact what he say makes perfect astrological sense to me and it always has to be taken into account. The problem is that we use these terms like MKS and Badhakasthana/Badhakesh and in may cases I do not see the terrible problems that these definitions portend. Something is not clear in our knowledge and we need to do some research and observation.

I gave my example as it flies in the face of the standard rule. I think we all know that we cannot literalize these terms. Yes, we can all find examples where such terms apply verbatim but a few examples is not enough. I see many cases where these affliction do not seem to apply. And as in all cases astrological, we need to go deeper into the chart and vargas to understand it all.

Now, since you brought up the aspect of dear Rahu on my Moon, a close aspect, as you rightly pointed out.... I want to take it further.

Yes indeed, Rahu taunting one's Moon is a terrible affliction and causes much pain and suffering especially with the influence of Saturn and Mars!!! What a curse! I am only able to call it a curse as I have lived with it for all the years but the suffering has brought the greatest of blessings. Giving birth is never easy (in this case a metaphor for the deliverance of the male psyche) and the Moon is the midwife.

But, let me ask you a question dear Anna!

What do you think happened in Venus/Rahu, Sun/Rahu, Moon/Rahu? All of the experiences/events had a similar resonance although the arudha, the inner and outer guise was different each time.

We can only truly understand a combination from the tangible results it brings to our conscious mind and manifest reality.

You don't have to work hard on this and I will gladly share it with you.

Warm Regards,

Brendan

Dear Brendan,

I guess none of us is quite objective when analyzing own chart- you seem to expose your Ju to 'negative' criteria selection, who knows, you may be too negatively conditioned by bad readings you've had not to see that Ju IS great benefic, that it aspects his own house, seventh as well, and that is not in poor condition otherwise, etc...I certainly can be wrong, on the other hand

All other things aside,

your major disagreement lies in the Sarajit's postulate that since MKA is house related, karaka of the house can 'cancel' it- honestly the more I think about that, the more it makes sense to me. It doesn't make sense to you, and it's ok.

I just don't see that weakness of this vargottama Jupiter and I would consider Cancellation of debilitation, only favourable aspects that Ju makes, no obstruction from other malefics..-where the weakness of MKS is manifesting? I don't know, but I have positively seen that not all factors can be just perfect in any chart, about every planet, in every aspect.. Have you not seen MKS 'not working' for even less compelling reasons than those present in your chart? I have. /Let me remind you of Mr. GWBush with Sun, Saturn and Ju in MKS/

/ I would be more concerned about exact trine rahu/Moon- in fact when I looked at your chart for the first time, it was not Ju but Moon /Rahu I was 'worried' about/. I hardly ever insist on being right for the sake of being right, hope you noticed that, and not admitting when I am not, now as ever, even in Mars MD, LOL.

I told you what I thought- and still do unless I see the reason to change my opinion, which I haven't by now.- I may be wrong, maybe right,

I am just curious to KNOW- how can anybody /reasonably open-minded/ get angry over 'knowledge' issue? I might have missed to be more considerate in expressing my opinion, though, and I am sorry for that.

I appreciate your sharing, your explanation, answering.. and whether seeing things right or wrong, I still like you.

Yours,

Anna

Dear Brendan,

Thank you so much for this uplifting message- sometimes I don't know if my communication skills deteriorate, or my thought process gets too complicated, or both-:))

I prefer variety of experience /like that expression!/too, and you know, I think neither of us have other choice- Moon Saturn can give us 'depth' at best, 'better like what you cannot change' type of choice-:) /my AK and Amk in sextile/-I understand you prefectly well now, I think. I have a weak spot, wrt to /other/ peoples' lives, and I do not like any kind of 'power' used to make people more fearful and afraid in facing their lives- life is not easy, is not meant to be easy, thus require lots of courage- and I strongly believe that anybody dealing with people should help them meet 'their destiny with courage', or give up. I don't think psychotherapy is any different from astrology when the PURPOSE is concerned, and I am sure you would agree with that. I myself do have a courage and am not susceptible to any 'threat'- /Saturn in 3r?don't know/, but it is normal that many people can be adversely affected by harsh words of an astrolo

ger. As if life is not difficult enough!. I think you understood that too.

I agree that there are no standard rules, and you are far from being a Joe-average, so, why should your chart be? That doesn't mean that somehow, at some point, you cannot you introduce 'ease' in your life- at least that kind which is appropriate for you/me..And there are NO fixed rules- yes, I always learn hard, learn rules, but tell me, HOW can anybody who truly believes in God can apply rules so strictly, as if HE is not the ultimate judge- I know from my personal experience that things like that happen all the time- If that;s my Ju in 9th, I am grateful to god, anyway.

we sure need more research and experience /with an open-mind/ - you may have noticed how interested I am in Badhakesh, for I've seen that it does work, on one hand, and that manifestations vary very much, on the other hand.. /Besides the fact that some 'invisible interventions' are happening all the time: 'caused' by our faith, determination, motivation, strong emotions, whatever...One does have a power to 'energize' his thought process, to invest in particular areas and change things.. What is prayer all about if not invested energy and thus empowerment! I know you can recognize Mars/Rahu conjunction /Navamsa-rashi trine/ from my words- but I have seen that working primarily positively in my life! /Einstain, I was told had the same, ha, ha...and many others.../

Same with MKS..I would say, always, approach difficult area from an area of 'ease' whatever that is.. ift one say with difficult /?/ chart survived his young age he will most likely find that himself, with some luck, or with help of soft soul whoever that can be.. and certain things are of course unavoidable- as end of life is itself. /and taxes/

When I mentioned Moon Rahu, I didn't mean that much 'bad' as /tooooo/ 'intense'- for bad I'd look rather to Saturn's depression which sucks the life juices- /Neither do I think that your Ju period will be 'excellent'- it won't/

You know we all have our 'cross' to bear- can I help you, in any way, to make your curses easier?/ Are we not, both of us, doing that with friendly and honest exchange, now?/ I wish I could, I find that so important /in life/to have and give - it won't be much, I know, but does help...not as much as your spiritual /painful/ growing up, cleansing... I am aware that's not missing- but can we find 'zest' for life despite everything? That seems to be tougher lesson...

I wrote this, and now I see, dear Brendan, this belongs more to your personal mail than to the list, or maybe I am wrong...in any event I was 'talking' to you- hoping for understanding, which I feel is there. I appreciate that.

Warmest wishes,

Anna

-BpfeeleyDate: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:14:27 ESTvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: |Sri Varaha/maranasthana/Brendan and SarajitIn a message dated 02/10/2004 2:51:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, jyotish108 writes:Dearest Anna,I prefer "variety of experiences" to positive and negative. The latter has too many subjective idealizations build in to it.I don't disagree with Sarajit at all. In fact what he say makes perfect astrological sense to me and it always has to be taken into account. The problem is that we use these terms like MKS and Badhakasthana/Badhakesh and in may cases I do not see the terrible problems that these definitions portend. Something is not clear in our knowledge and we need to do some research

and observation.I gave my example as it flies in the face of the standard rule. I think we all know that we cannot literalize these terms. Yes, we can all find examples where such terms apply verbatim but a few examples is not enough. I see many cases where these affliction do not seem to apply. And as in all cases astrological, we need to go deeper into the chart and vargas to understand it all.Now, since you brought up the aspect of dear Rahu on my Moon, a close aspect, as you rightly pointed out.... I want to take it further.Yes indeed, Rahu taunting one's Moon is a terrible affliction and causes much pain and suffering especially with the influence of Saturn and Mars!!! What a curse! I am only able to call it a curse as I have lived with it for all the years but the suffering has brought the greatest of blessings. Giving birth is never easy (in this case a metaphor for the deliverance of the male psyche) and the Moon is the midwife.

But, let me ask you a question dear Anna!What do you think happened in Venus/Rahu, Sun/Rahu, Moon/Rahu? All of the experiences/events had a similar resonance although the arudha, the inner and outer guise was different each time.We can only truly understand a combination from the tangible results it brings to our conscious mind and manifest reality.You don't have to work hard on this and I will gladly share it with you.Warm Regards,Brendan

Dear Brendan,I guess none of us is quite objective when analyzing own chart- you seem to expose your Ju to 'negative' criteria selection, who knows, you may be too negatively conditioned by bad readings you've had not to see that Ju IS great benefic, that it aspects his own house, seventh as well, and that is not in poor condition otherwise, etc...I certainly can be wrong, on the other handAll other things aside,your major disagreement lies in the Sarajit's postulate that since MKA is house related, karaka of the house can 'cancel' it- honestly the more I think about that, the more it makes sense to me. It doesn't make sense to you, and it's ok. I just don't see that weakness of this vargottama Jupiter and I would consider Cancellation of debilitation, only favourable aspects that Ju makes, no obstruction from other malefics..-where the weakness of MKS is manifesting? I don't know, but I have positively seen that not all factors can be just perfect in any chart, about every planet, in every aspect.. Have you not seen MKS 'not working' for even less compelling reasons than those present in your chart? I have. /Let me remind you of Mr. GWBush with Sun, Saturn and Ju in MKS// I would be more concerned about exact trine rahu/Moon- in fact when I looked at your chart for the first time, it was not Ju but Moon /Rahu I was 'worried' about/. I hardly ever insist on being right for the sake of being right, hope you noticed that, and not admitting when I am not, now as ever, even in Mars MD, LOL. I told you what I thought- and still do unless I see the reason to change my opinion, which I haven't by now.- I may be wrong, maybe right, I am just curious to KNOW- how can anybody /reasonably open-minded/ get angry over 'knowledge' issue? I might have missed to be more considerate in expressing my opinion, though, and I am sorry for that.I appreciate your sharing, your explanation, answering.. and whether seeing things right or wrong, I still like you. Yours,Anna|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira << Papyrus.jpg >>_______________