IndiaDivine.org

Gauranga expelled

Rate this topic

Guest guest

::Om namo bhagavate Väsudeväya::

Dear Jay,

Can you please clarify what injustice has been done? There are normally 76 pages in the Jyotish Digest and this time we increased it to more than 130 pages..can you imagine costs. Now whose article gets a priority - one who attends or one who does not attend ??

Secondly, when so many who even presented papers can wait for thir article to be published subsequently, what is the reson for one person to get so uptight about this and make such statements instead of writing to me, the editor directly and personally. What business does this have with the SJC list or the Varahamihira list?

For your kind information, I have removed the file from the SJC archives and have also removed all privileges for uploading for all members. I have also removed the books of sri surya Narain rao and others which were uploaded there. SJC shall not become a club for this activity..you can go to Brihaspati-dot-net where this plagiarising and such activities goes on unhindered.

Gauranga das is hereby expelled from Sri Jagannath Center for insubordination and constant bickering in the list. He has also not paid his membership fees and does not have any interest to continue with us. He is advised to leave Varahamihira and other lists immediately.

With Best regards,

Sanjay Rath SJC Puri 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India

Dear Gauranga,

I take liberty in writing to you, encouraged by several other people too.

I (and some others) do sympathise with you and in total agreement that injustice has been done.

Some of the members (I am not sure if anyone has written to you directly) who appreciated you previous writings suggest that you publish your article on the list. There are 220 members on Sri Varaha and 776 on Srijagannath, which makes it almost 1000 people (not including Vedic astrology list with 1700 members).

How many rs do you think Jyotish Digest have ? hardly 3-5% of the total above.

With much respect/Jay Weiss

Dear Sanjay,

Firstly allow me to emphasise that Injustice can be done in many ways, and not only between people.

The injustice I referred to is clearly attached to the subject in question as I am not aware of any other issues between Gauranga Das and any other individual on the lists (nor would I be involved in).

As I see it, the injustice here is done first of all to the distribution of KNOWLEDGE and to PRIORITY.

Most of us do not have the privilege that you (and a few others) were given in this life when it comes to the "natural knowledge of Jyotish".

We have to struggle and learn the hard way, and some of us would like to avoid making mistakes when trying to help other people (which is my main concern).

A good astrologer as Gauranga Das have collected/combined/written an excellent document which is a direct first class help in assisting every Jyotishi in this holy work (as I see it) of helping others. The subject is so essential that it should have been given the priority it deserves (I am not trying to interfere in any way(!)), and as far as I know, learning the wisdom of Jyotish has always been the first priority. Isn't it still valid ?

The purity of the lists that you and dear Narasimha are involved with have been a shining example for many others for years. Why sabotage it all now (regardless of any (to me unknown) reasons) ?

I have only to regret your decision to take such a drastic step as expelling Gauranga Das who not only is a good astrologer who contributed a lot, but is also guiding and helping many in their learning and clarifying doubts involving Jyotish.

As to "SJC shall not become a club for this activity" I do not understand what it's all about. The archives suppose to contain educational/teaching/assisting material. Isn't that so ?

Let there be peace. If not in this messy world around us than at least on the vedic lists and among us Jyotishis.

How on earth can we advice others If we can't be in peace and advice ourselves ?

With much respect

Kind regards

/Jay Weiss

-

Sanjay Rath

varahamihira

Friday, February 13, 2004 8:49 PM

|Sri Varaha| Gauranga expelled

Dear Jay, Can you please clarify what injustice has been done? There are normally 76 pages in the Jyotish Digest and this time we increased it to more than 130 pages..can you imagine costs. Now whose article gets a priority - one who attends or one who does not attend ?? Secondly, when so many who even presented papers can wait for thir article to be published subsequently, what is the reson for one person to get so uptight about this and make such statements instead of writing to me, the editor directly and personally. What business does this have with the SJC list or the Varahamihira list? For your kind information, I have removed the file from the SJC archives and have also removed all privileges for uploading for all members. I have also removed the books of sri surya Narain rao and others which were uploaded there. SJC shall not become a club for this activity..you can go to Brihaspati-dot-net where this plagiarising and such activities goes on unhindered.

Gauranga das is hereby expelled from Sri Jagannath Center for insubordination and constant bickering in the list. He has also not paid his membership fees and does not have any interest to continue with us. He is advised to leave Varahamihira and other lists immediately.

With Best regards,

Sanjay Rath SJC Puri 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India

Dear Gauranga,

I (and some others) do sympathise with you and in total agreement that injustice has been done.

Some of the members (I am not sure if anyone has written to you directly) who appreciated you previous writings suggest that you publish your article on the list. There are 220 members on Sri Varaha and 776 on Srijagannath, which makes it almost 1000 people (not including Vedic astrology list with 1700 members).

With much respect/Jay Weiss|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

::Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya::

Dear Jay,

1. On Justice - Om tat sat -

1.1 Justice cannot ignore individuals as it is the action of individuals that is always in question. In the narrow sense, justice is done when the articles of the various people for the Jyotish Digest are published therein based on their quality, content and also whether the same is being presented at a conference so that the members attending the conference can read the articles and discuss the issues involved. Gauranga's article is in no way better than those of G.K.Goyal or Narasimha's shastyamsa exposition for Rajayoga nor can it match the depth and references in Ramdas Rao's article on Nabhasa Yoga nor the analysis of Sri Chandrasekharji. Gaurangas article does not have the research input as that is Swee Chan's article. JD also needs articles for beginners and for this the article of Phyllis Chubb is very good. Besides, he was not going to present it. So it was deferred for the next issue. That is justice and fairplay. Also in matters of quality, Gauranga cannot measure up to the content in Visti's article..it looks poor in front of it. Visti would have got the best paper award only for content but his presentation was distracted. Anyway this truth maybe hard to digest for some, but I have to be very fair to all.

1.2 You wrote

"Some of the members (I am not sure if anyone has written to you directly) who appreciated you previous writings suggest that you publish your article on the list. There are 220 members on Sri Varaha and 776 on Srijagannath, which makes it almost 1000 people (not including Vedic astrology list with 1700 members). How many rs do you think Jyotish Digest have ? hardly 3-5% of the total above.".

In America I learnt of a term called 'Energy Vampire'. These are people who are always sucking the good work/energy/knowledge from others and do not consider it necessary in any form or manner to ensure that the source is replenished or survives. The Jyotish Digest is one of the finest magazines in the world on Jyotish and the articles available therein have been of great help to many. Please read your own words five times and then tell me what impression will anyone have about you. Is it the same Jay I have known for so many years or is there a 'schemeing personality' hidden somewhere. What dasa are you running to have such an impression being created. What remedies have you done for this. Do you recite Hare Rama Krishna regularly? If not do this as it increases satva and removes such thoughts from the minds of others.

Other comments on the broader scope of Justice are given below your mail. This discussion is over as far as this list is concerned and Jay, you are most welcome to write to me in private.

With best regards,

Sanjay Rath

Maling address: 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India; Tel: 91.6752.226269; webpages: http://srath.com

--------------------------------

J.Weiss [jayhw] Saturday, February 14, 2004 9:44 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Gauranga expelled

Dear Sanjay,

Firstly allow me to emphasise that Injustice can be done in many ways, and not only between people.

The injustice I referred to is clearly attached to the subject in question as I am not aware of any other issues between Gauranga Das and any other individual on the lists (nor would I be involved in).

As I see it, the injustice here is done first of all to the distribution of KNOWLEDGE and to PRIORITY.[sanjay Rath:] I do not think so. The injustce you referred to in the letter of yours was about the non-publication of the article of Gauranga in the Jyotish digest and this is very evident from the mail of yours which is at the bottom of this letter. To couch it now under the broader heads of 'Knowledge' and 'Priority' is not right for one like you.

Most of us do not have the privilege that you (and a few others) were given in this life when it comes to the "natural knowledge of Jyotish".

We have to struggle and learn the hard way, and some of us would like to avoid making mistakes when trying to help other people (which is my main concern).

A good astrologer as Gauranga Das have collected/combined/written an excellent document which is a direct first class help in assisting every Jyotishi in this holy work (as I see it) of helping others. The subject is so essential that it should have been given the priority it deserves (I am not trying to interfere in any way(!)), and as far as I know, learning the wisdom of Jyotish has always been the first priority. Isn't it still valid ?[sanjay Rath:] Learning Jyotisa has been a priroty but every action cannot be justified as the means to end are as important as the end itself. The books of B V Raman, B Surya Narayan Rao and a host of other astrologers have been typed out and put in the archives. Do those who did such a nasty thing, have the permission of the authors? If not then who will give justice to those people like Dr Raman or B Surya Narain Rao? Is this fair? As regards the document which was placed in the archives, can this not be published by Gauranga in his website? Then why are the archives of this list necessary? If every member to start loading all their articles here would we have enough space or is this the right thing to do when they have their own web sites to do this. As regards your own learning, have you not received this article from gauraga? Then why should you be crying that this article is not available for you to read. In what form or manner are you trying to say that this knowledge is not available.

The purity of the lists that you and dear Narasimha are involved with have been a shining example for many others for years. Why sabotage it all now (regardless of any (to me unknown) reasons) ?

I have only to regret your decision to take such a drastic step as expelling Gauranga Das who not only is a good astrologer who contributed a lot, but is also guiding and helping many in their learning and clarifying doubts involving Jyotish.

As to "SJC shall not become a club for this activity" I do not understand what it's all about. The archives suppose to contain educational/teaching/assisting material. Isn't that so ?[sanjay Rath:] The purity is not sabotaged by removing the books of other astrologers, instead the purity is reinstated by doing so. SJC shall not become a forum for this plagurising and putting books of other authors without their explicit permission.

I sincerely regret the day I did not pay heed to the words of Shyamasundar Das and took Gauraga as my student. He is what he is today due to my efforts, whether he acknowledges this or not is another issue. If I had spent half that time on someone else, then he would have been a pillar for Sri Jagannath.

To this end I am now teaching the Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra - stanza by stanza at Puri and I am confidant that some brilliant astrologers will be produced. Visti is sincerely attending these classes and the whole of Europe stands to benefit from him. I am sure that in the future he too will be able to take such classes in Denmark and you can go to him and learn.

Let there be peace. If not in this messy world around us than at least on the vedic lists and among us Jyotishis.

How on earth can we advice others If we can't be in peace and advice ourselves ? [sanjay Rath:] If you had a top priority for learning Jyotish more than anything else in life then you would also have come to Puri to learn this from me. Now sit back and think as to whether you *really* have a priority for knowledge and learning or are you fooling yourself by trying to get hold of some article here and there to learn this vast subject. Articles can help to some extent, but those who have learnt this from my classes and lectures know the difference.

With much respect

Kind regards

/Jay Weiss

-

Sanjay Rath

varahamihira

Dear Jay,

Can you please clarify what injustice has been done? There are normally 76 pages in the Jyotish Digest and this time we increased it to more than 130 pages..can you imagine costs. Now whose article gets a priority - one who attends or one who does not attend ??

Secondly, when so many who even presented papers can wait for thir article to be published subsequently, what is the reson for one person to get so uptight about this and make such statements instead of writing to me, the editor directly and personally. What business does this have with the SJC list or the Varahamihira list?

For your kind information, I have removed the file from the SJC archives and have also removed all privileges for uploading for all members. I have also removed the books of sri surya Narain rao and others which were uploaded there. SJC shall not become a club for this activity..you can go to Brihaspati-dot-net where this plagiarising and such activities goes on unhindered.

With Best regards,

Sanjay Rath

SJC Puri 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India

Dear Gauranga,

With much respect/Jay Weiss|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Sanjay,

A reply has been mailed to you personally.

/Jay Weiss

-

guruji

varahamihira

Sunday, February 15, 2004 4:10 AM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Gauranga expelled

Dear Jay,

1. On Justice - Om tat sat -

1.1 Justice cannot ignore individuals as it is the action of individuals that is always in question. In the narrow sense, justice is done when the articles of the various people for the Jyotish Digest are published therein based on their quality, content and also whether the same is being presented at a conference so that the members attending the conference can read the articles and discuss the issues involved. Gauranga's article is in no way better than those of G.K.Goyal or Narasimha's shastyamsa exposition for Rajayoga nor can it match the depth and references in Ramdas Rao's article on Nabhasa Yoga nor the analysis of Sri Chandrasekharji. Gaurangas article does not have the research input as that is Swee Chan's article. JD also needs articles for beginners and for this the article of Phyllis Chubb is very good. Besides, he was not going to present it. So it was deferred for the next issue. That is justice and fairplay. Also in matters of quality, Gauranga cannot measure up to the content in Visti's article..it looks poor in front of it. Visti would have got the best paper award only for content but his presentation was distracted. Anyway this truth maybe hard to digest for some, but I have to be very fair to all.

1.2 You wrote

"Some of the members (I am not sure if anyone has written to you directly) who appreciated you previous writings suggest that you publish your article on the list. There are 220 members on Sri Varaha and 776 on Srijagannath, which makes it almost 1000 people (not including Vedic astrology list with 1700 members). How many rs do you think Jyotish Digest have ? hardly 3-5% of the total above.".

In America I learnt of a term called 'Energy Vampire'. These are people who are always sucking the good work/energy/knowledge from others and do not consider it necessary in any form or manner to ensure that the source is replenished or survives. The Jyotish Digest is one of the finest magazines in the world on Jyotish and the articles available therein have been of great help to many. Please read your own words five times and then tell me what impression will anyone have about you. Is it the same Jay I have known for so many years or is there a 'schemeing personality' hidden somewhere. What dasa are you running to have such an impression being created. What remedies have you done for this. Do you recite Hare Rama Krishna regularly? If not do this as it increases satva and removes such thoughts from the minds of others.

Other comments on the broader scope of Justice are given below your mail. This discussion is over as far as this list is concerned and Jay, you are most welcome to write to me in private.

With best regards,

Sanjay Rath

Maling address: 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India; Tel: 91.6752.226269; webpages: http://srath.com

J.Weiss [jayhw] Saturday, February 14, 2004 9:44 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Gauranga expelled

Dear Sanjay,

As I see it, the injustice here is done first of all to the distribution of KNOWLEDGE and to PRIORITY.[sanjay Rath:] I do not think so. The injustce you referred to in the letter of yours was about the non-publication of the article of Gauranga in the Jyotish digest and this is very evident from the mail of yours which is at the bottom of this letter. To couch it now under the broader heads of 'Knowledge' and 'Priority' is not right for one like you.

A good astrologer as Gauranga Das have collected/combined/written an excellent document which is a direct first class help in assisting every Jyotishi in this holy work (as I see it) of helping others. The subject is so essential that it should have been given the priority it deserves (I am not trying to interfere in any way(!)), and as far as I know, learning the wisdom of Jyotish has always been the first priority. Isn't it still valid ?[sanjay Rath:] Learning Jyotisa has been a priroty but every action cannot be justified as the means to end are as important as the end itself. The books of B V Raman, B Surya Narayan Rao and a host of other astrologers have been typed out and put in the archives. Do those who did such a nasty thing, have the permission of the authors? If not then who will give justice to those people like Dr Raman or B Surya Narain Rao? Is this fair? As regards the document which was placed in the archives, can this not be published by Gauranga in his website? Then why are the archives of this list necessary? If every member to start loading all their articles here would we have enough space or is this the right thing to do when they have their own web sites to do this. As regards your own learning, have you not received this article from gauraga? Then why should you be crying that this article is not available for you to read. In what form or manner are you trying to say that this knowledge is not available.

As to "SJC shall not become a club for this activity" I do not understand what it's all about. The archives suppose to contain educational/teaching/assisting material. Isn't that so ?[sanjay Rath:] The purity is not sabotaged by removing the books of other astrologers, instead the purity is reinstated by doing so. SJC shall not become a forum for this plagurising and putting books of other authors without their explicit permission.

I sincerely regret the day I did not pay heed to the words of Shyamasundar Das and took Gauraga as my student. He is what he is today due to my efforts, whether he acknowledges this or not is another issue. If I had spent half that time on someone else, then he would have been a pillar for Sri Jagannath.

To this end I am now teaching the Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra - stanza by stanza at Puri and I am confidant that some brilliant astrologers will be produced. Visti is sincerely attending these classes and the whole of Europe stands to benefit from him. I am sure that in the future he too will be able to take such classes in Denmark and you can go to him and learn.

How on earth can we advice others If we can't be in peace and advice ourselves ? [sanjay Rath:] If you had a top priority for learning Jyotish more than anything else in life then you would also have come to Puri to learn this from me. Now sit back and think as to whether you *really* have a priority for knowledge and learning or are you fooling yourself by trying to get hold of some article here and there to learn this vast subject. Articles can help to some extent, but those who have learnt this from my classes and lectures know the difference.

With much respect

Kind regards

/Jay Weiss

-

Sanjay Rath

varahamihira

Dear Jay,

With Best regards,

Sanjay Rath

SJC Puri 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India

Dear Gauranga,

With much respect/Jay Weiss|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Dear Jyotisa

Just a clarification: The Americans are the ones who really supported me and SJC. So you know where the Vampires are [buda-pest!!]. It is the USA which taught me about a fair 'give and take' philosophy. Jagannath has His strange ways of opening the eyes of His worshippers..and He does so gradually with me. To all those like Narayan, Freedom, Narasimha, Lakshmi, Vikram Singhvi et.al who did everything for SJC..Thank you so much.

With best regards,

Sanjay Rath

guruji [guruji] Sunday, February 15, 2004 8:40 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Gauranga expelled

Dear Jay,

In America I learnt of a term called 'Energy Vampire'. These are people who are always sucking the good work/energy/knowledge from others and do not consider it necessary in any form or manner to ensure that the source is replenished or survives.