IndiaDivine.org

Astakavarga and Ishtadevata

Rate this topic

Guest guest

||Om Brihaspataye Namah||

Namaste Jyotishas,

Do any of you check up the astakavarga of the 12th to karakamsa to see for eg., how strong or weak that house is. Or to check the individual strengths of the planets placed there...

Have any of you done research on use of astakavarga in determination of the Ishtadevata? Is there any link between the strength of 12th to Karakamsa and the effectiveness of the Ishtadevata mantra?

If this is wrong thinking, please correct me. Please let me know of your views.

regards

Hari

Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want.

::Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya::

Dear Hari

The astakavarga is a minifestation of the influence of a planet over certain houses from its position and this does alter the fact of the planet being in the 12th..simply because the 12th lord has a dot on the 12th will not alter the fact that another planet is in the 12th from karakamsa.

If the native cannot have an attraction towards the Ista then it simply means that his/her time has not come and look for planets aspecting the 12th then these deities will take him/her towards the ista devata.

With best regards,

Sanjay Rath

Maling address: 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India; Tel: 91.6752.226269; webpages: http://srath.com

--------------------------------

Hari M [onlyhari] Friday, February 20, 2004 1:42 PMvarahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| Astakavarga and Ishtadevata

||Om Brihaspataye Namah||

Namaste Jyotishas,

Do any of you check up the astakavarga of the 12th to karakamsa to see for eg., how strong or weak that house is. Or to check the individual strengths of the planets placed there...

Have any of you done research on use of astakavarga in determination of the Ishtadevata? Is there any link between the strength of 12th to Karakamsa and the effectiveness of the Ishtadevata mantra?

If this is wrong thinking, please correct me. Please let me know of your views.

regards

Hari

Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want. |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira