Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Rao,

You are probably referring to Bhavachalita chakra. Astrologers who

follow the sayana system generally follow this system, though some

Nirayana astrologer follow this too. My personal opinion is that this

is not Arsha system of astrology and interpreting Dashas would be

difficult, since properly applied a planet might own two consequent

houses and interpretation based on house lord ship would be difficult.

Of course this is my persona opinion and those more knowledgeable than

me might hold different view.

Chandrashekhar.

Rao Nemani wrote:

Hare Rama Krishna

Namaste Guru's and Learned Members,

Today, I have come across a new thing (for

me ) called "Chalit Chakra". May I request some one to please educate

me on what is this, how to calculate and how to use it in various Dasa

interpretations. Please suggest some references so that I can study

this concept in more detail also.

Also, I am curious to know, why I have not

seen this Chalit Chakra discussion for the past one year. I have also

scanned most of our Archives and could not find any relevant

information on this. So no one has discussed this in our list, so does

it means, it is not that of relevance and importance in our analysis

and predictions.. Please educate me.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

Raghunadha Rao

Search - Find

what you’re looking for faster.

|Om Tat Sat|

http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Namaste Raghunadha,

In Narasimha's Vedic Astrology an Integrated Approach, he has this to say about Chalit chakra:

"7.5 A CONTROVERSY

Houses are found with respect to lagna, special lagnas and some planets. Houses are foun in rasi chart and in all divisional charts. Some scholars ignore all these and take houses only with respect to lagna and only in rasi chart. They prepare something called "bhaava chakra" or "chalit chakra," in which houses can start in one rasi and end in another. They take a lagna's longitude to be the mid-point of the first house and contrast all the houses accordingly. In the "equal house method," they take a 30 (degree) arc with center at lagna as the 1st house. The next 30 (degrees) is taken as the 2nd house and so on. This method is popular among Indian astrologers. Another method taught by Sripathi is more complicated and it is also popular. However, this author recommends neither. Each rasi is a house. The rasi containing the reference point chosen is the 1st house and the next rasi is the 2nd house."

Though there are some indirect references in BPHS suggesting that Parasara supported house divisions placing houses in 2 rasis, there are quite a few direct references making it amply clear that each house falls in one rasi. Parasara taught us to find houses by counting rasis from the reference chosen. Moreover, only this approach is logical as we go to divisional charts. Parasara's treatment does not differentiate between rasi and divisional charts, as far as the basic techniques go."

So readers are advised to ignore all the discussions found in other textbooks on house division methods, "bhava chakara" and other "chalit chakra." I may do good to follow the instructions in this chapter."

As Sanjay Ji points out Vimsottari and Udu Dasa's (4.2.5 Sandhi) the chilit chakra calculation gives the bhava Sandhi (junction of houses). Planets placed in bhava Sandhi are incapable to influencing the houses they are placed in. This is slightly different from Rasi Sandhi (junction of signs) where the Planets themselves suffer annihilation "especially when the ruling elements of the adjoining signs are inimical (e.g. Fire and Water)."

He continues:

"20) Planets in bhava Sandhi (junction of houses) cause disease and sorrow while those in Rasi Sandhi (junction of signs) can cause death. Rasi Sandhi between fire and water signs id called Gandanta."

Best regards,

Robben

-

Rao Nemani

VarahaMihira VarahaMihira ; Vedic Astrology Group

Saturday, March 06, 2004 7:45 PM

|Sri Varaha| What is Chalit Chakra ? Please help me

Hare Rama Krishna

Namaste Guru's and Learned Members,

Today, I have come across a new thing (for me ) called "Chalit Chakra". May I request some one to please educate me on what is this, how to calculate and how to use it in various Dasa interpretations. Please suggest some references so that I can study this concept in more detail also.

Also, I am curious to know, why I have not seen this Chalit Chakra discussion for the past one year. I have also scanned most of our Archives and could not find any relevant information on this. So no one has discussed this in our list, so does it means, it is not that of relevance and importance in our analysis and predictions.. Please educate me.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

Raghunadha Rao

Search - Find what you’re looking for faster. |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira