IndiaDivine.org

FYI: Very auspicious time today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste friends,

I am sorry for the last minute notice, but I want to bring an auspicious time today to your attention.

Those of you who live on the east coast will have a rare occasion today. A nearly full Moon (still waxing and not waning yet) will be rising in the east along with Jupiter this evening in the east coast of USA. The last hour of Pournima (Full Moon day - the tithi or lunar day of Indian lunar calendar) is the most auspicious time, because Moon is almost full and still waxing and not waning. If such a Moon is rising in the east, it is really auspicious. If Jupiter joins that Moon and forms Gaja-Kesari yoga in lagna (in the visible half of the zodiac), what more can you ask for? Especially, Moon and Jupiter are within 3 degrees from each other.

This is the most auspicious time to do Satya Narayana vratam, in particular, and to pray in general. If you are planning to do Satya Narayana vratam on this Pournima, choose the muhurta in such a way that it is still Pournima, sunset has just occurred and Moon and Jupiter have just risen. For example, in Grafton (near Boston) where I live, the muhurta I chose is 5:44 pm.

In my opinion, the thing you should do at the time of the muhurta is to say sankalpam (declaration of intent). After reading "adya brahmanah" etc, we say at the end "karishye" (shall do) and touch water with the tip of the right hand ring finger. That time is the most important time. Make sure that lagna is just after Moon's longitude at that time.

People living in other parts of the world can also find a good time, but those living in the eastern part of USA get the ultimate combination of "nearly full" Moon just rising in the east, because Pournima ends half hour after sunset.

Those who cannot do Satya Narayana vratam can say at the muhurta "For getting x, y and z [replace], I shall pray to Satya Narayana" and touch water in a glass with the tip of right hand ring finger and then say "Om Namo Bhagavate Satyadevaaya" 108 times.

Whatever you ask for when praying at such an extremely auspicious time stands a very good chance of coming true. Take advantage of it.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha

PS: I've been terribly busy with work for a few weeks and haven't even read most of my mails. I have also been off the lists. Hopefully, I'll become less busy soon.