IndiaDivine.org

My Understandings-On Saham's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Namaste Guru's and Learned Members,

I remember, some time ago, few of our members have asked about Saham's and did not get much answers, so that inspired me to study Saham's in more detail and present to you all.

So, I have read few books on Saham's and applied the principles on few charts and it worked moderatly for me. So I thought of Sharing my a little knowledge of this compilation with you all on what I have understood on the principles from various B.V Raman Ji's books and also from COVA. I have also found few examples in our archives referering to Sahams as part of the chart analysis, so I have tested the following principles and got some Moderate results.

Having said that, I will now handover this article to Guru's and Learned Members to correct and guide me in this topic of Sahams.

RegardsRaghunadha Rao

======Sahams:

As you know each house represent a number of events in life, but a Saham in other hand represents a sensitive point relates to only ONE particular event.

As I said in the beginning, these Saham's worked moderately on my study, so it does not mean that they do not work, but may be more research has to be done.

There are 50 Sahams according to Sri NeelaKantha and 48 According to Sri Venkatesa. The Sahams are calculated by certain mathematical calculations using Longitudes of the planets and the lagna. For example, to find the Karma Saham, Deduct Mercury Longitude from Mars Longitude and add to the Lagna Longitude (Karma Saham = Mars - Mercury + Lagna). That simple, isn't it. To be very honest with you, I am not calculating by hand as our Jhora software is calculating for me. So there may be some more exceptions to the above rule,

Results of Saham:-

If the Sahams and their lords are well associated or aspected, occupy good Navamsas and otherwise auspicious and they produce favorable results of the events they signify in the life.

If the lords of the Saham is not associated or aspected to the Lagna, then the event of the Saham may not materialise fully.

A Saham which has entered into Ithasala with the lord of 8th lacks vitality and the event may not occur at all. If the same planet gets lordhsip over similar Sahams in the Birth Chart ( natal ) and the Annual Charts, then the event of the Saham is bound to occur in the year in consideration.

Now let us take few Saham's definitions and their interpretation.

Punya Saham:-===========As we have seen the Hora Lord plays a vital role in Tithi Pravesha Charts, similarly the Punya Saham is an important one. If it joins a malefic but is apsected by benefits, evil results happen at the beginning of the year and favourable results at the end of the year. If it is joined by benefic but aspected malefic then the results can be otherwise.

If the Punya Saham is conjoined with and aspected by malefics and devoid of the benefic influences, the native suffers throught the year. The disposition of the Punya Saham is an indicator of the nature of the overall good or bad nature of the year.

Marriage Saham:-=============

Marriage is certain to happen in the year of Vivaha Saham is favourbly dissposed especially by Ithasala with Jupiter or Venus. Mixed influences indicate marriage after much effort. If afflicted, marriage may not take place.

Putra Saham:-===========Like wise, the birth of a son can be predicted, if the Putra Saham is aspected by its lord and benefically disposed. The chances of the birth of a child will be great if the lord of the 5th in the birth horoscope happend also to be the lord of the Putra Saham in the Annual Chart.

*** Note: For all the above Saham's will fructify only if it is warranted in the Natal Chart along with the Annual Charts.

Timing the Event:-=============The event can genrally happen either during the period of the lord, or a planet which has ithasala with the lord of Saham.

Now timing an event mathematically on the basis of the Saham is as follows:-

Subtract the lord from the Saham. Multiply the remainder by the duration ( in Vighatis ) of the sign of the Saham. Divide the product by 300. The quotient represents the number of days 9 from the commencement of the year, when the event signified by the saham will happen.

The duration of a sign varies with reference to each latitude. But we can take the duration of each Rasi as 2 hours or 300 Vighatis in which ase the processes of multipliation ( by the duration of the sign ) and division ( by the general duration of a Sign) get eliminated and the longitude ( the Saham - its lord ) itself represents the days at 1 degree a day.

For Example:-

Method 1: Time the Event of Putra Saham:

Long of Putra Saham 277 Deg 42 Min = Capricorn 7 Deg 42 MinLong. of the Lord ( Saturn) = 316 Deg 15 Min So the Time of Event =( ( 277 Deg 42 Min - 316 Deg 15 Min ) / 300 ) * Duration of Cap in Vighatis ( 315 )

= 337.54 days from the beginning of the year.

If the general duration of a sign Viz. 300 vighatis is taken, then the period will be 321 and 1/2 days.

Method 2: Time the Event of Putra Saham:

Progress the Saham or its lord to the lord of the 11th from it-direct and converse-at the rate of one day per degree. This method has yielded better results comparared to Method-1.

Long of Putra Saham 277 Deg 42 Min = Capricorn 7 Deg 42 Min

The lord of the 11th there from is Mars. The arc of direction ( converse) between the Saham and the Lord of the 11th is 83 Deg 10 Min or 83 days 4 hours.

Method 3: Time the Event of Putra Saham:

Add the longitude of the constellational lords of the Lagna and the Bhava in question. Find the resulting sign. When Jupiter transits this position, the the particular event happens. When Saturn transits ( or enters into a malefic aspect ) this point the events will be adversely affected.

Other Rules:-

The Event signified by the Saham can Happen:1) Durig the Dasa of the Lord of the Saham2) During the Dasa of the Lord of the 11th from the Saham3) During the Dasa of the Lord of a stornger planet in aspect with the Saham or its lord4) In the Dasa of a Significator in favourable aspect to the ascendant or its lord.

For example: A Libra Lagna chart, the marriage took place during the Dasa of Mars ( in Cp ) in trine with Venus in Virgo.

That is all I have on this topic for now.==== Om Tat Sat ====

Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.