IndiaDivine.org

Re : Shad ripu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Namaste Kanupriya,

Let me attempt to give an answer with my limited knowledge and request Guru's to add more to this.

Shadripu is made up of two words Shad and Ripu which mean six enemies. These six enemies are the six weaknesses which hinder us from realizing our true potential. They are as follows:

(1) Kaama: Desire - wanting things (including sex)(2) Krodha: Anger - getting angry about things(3) Lobha: Greed and avarice - not spending on worthy causes and beinggreedy(4) Moha: Delusion - getting caught in maya, trying for recognitionand pursuing temporary goals.(5) Mada: Wantonness & lust - forgetting all morals and madly goingafter what one wants, including sex.(6) Maatsarya: Jealousy - not being able to appreciate others and lackof humility

They are governed by various planets and they are:-

==============================Shadripu Meaning Governed by==============================Kaama Passion Venus Krodha Anger Mars Lobha Greed Rahu Moha Illusion Ketu Matsarya Jealousy Mercury Mada Intoxication Saturn ==============================Sun, Moon and Jupiter are sattvik and hence

do not govern any of the shadripus.

I will write about Shadripu and the Punya Chakra later.

RegardsRaghunadha Rao

----- original message -- kanu priya <kanupriya003> Wed Apr 7, 2004 8:10 am Shad ripu Om Gurave NamahDear Gurus, Just a thought on Shad ripu and I would appreciate your comments on it. The Shad ripu are the six weaknesses. The planet that becomes the AK indicates the lesson one has to learn in that lifetime. Sun symbolizes Mada or the intoxication of the self or ego, when Sun becomes AK the native learns to deal with this ego and has to learn to give it up. Is it possible to determine the AK of

the native from the Punaya chakra by seeing the Shad ripu and perhaps a few other things? Please give your insight.

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.

Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Rao,

You are right on the Shad ripu but there is a slight correction which I have stated below, please read :Rao Nemani <raon1008 wrote:

Hare Rama Krishna

Namaste Kanupriya,

Let me attempt to give an answer with my limited knowledge and request Guru's to add more to this.

Shadripu is made up of two words Shad and Ripu which mean six enemies. These six enemies are the six weaknesses which hinder us from realizing our true potential. They are as follows:

(1) Kaama: Desire - wanting things (including sex)(2) Krodha: Anger - getting angry about things(3) Lobha: Greed and avarice - not spending on worthy causes and beinggreedy(4) Moha: Delusion - getting caught in maya, trying for recognitionand pursuing temporary goals.(5) Mada: Wantonness & lust - forgetting all morals and madly goingafter what one wants, including sex.

*****Mada: it means intoxication but of the self.It's the intoxication of feeling powerfull and being lost in ones own ego.The planet responsible is Sun.

(6) Maatsarya: Jealousy - not being able to appreciate others and lackof humility

They are governed by various planets and they are:-

==============================Shadripu Meaning Governed by==============================Kaama Passion Venus Krodha Anger Mars Lobha Greed Rahu ** as far as I know Shani is responsible for greed in this list.

Moha Illusion Ketu ** Moon Matsarya Jealousy Mercury

Mada Intoxication Saturn ** Sun==============================Sun, Moon and Jupiter are sattvik and hence do not govern any of the shadripus. **Jupiter is the only one who completely forgives all shad.

I will write about Shadripu and the Punya Chakra later.

RegardsRaghunadha Rao

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.

----- original message -- kanu priya <kanupriya003> Wed Apr 7, 2004 8:10 am Shad ripu Om Gurave NamahDear Gurus, Just a thought on Shad ripu and I would appreciate your comments on it. The Shad ripu are the six weaknesses. The planet that becomes the AK indicates the lesson one has to learn in that lifetime. Sun symbolizes Mada or the intoxication of the self or ego, when Sun becomes AK the native learns to deal with this ego and has to learn to give it up. Is it possible to determine the AK of

the native from the Punaya chakra by seeing the Shad ripu and perhaps a few other things? Please give your insight.

Best Wishes,

Kanupriya.

Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today