IndiaDivine.org

RE: Aragala.. clarifications... Partha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat

Dear Partha,

Thank you for your kind reply. I need some more understanding. I shall appreciate if you can kindly clarify.

Thanks and Regards

Ramesh

PS: I posted this a few days back, probably skipped your attention.

varahamihira , "V.Partha sarathy" <partvinu5> wrote:

Dear Ramesh

My answers below your queries.

satyam bruyat priyam bruyat

Dear Partha,

Many thanks for your kind response. I think the diagrams got disfigured in the process of creating on word and then cutting pasting and subsequent transmissions. Thank you once again for pointing out.

I am putting my query again. I have mentioned my understanding against each examples with question marks where I have doubts.

Kind regards

Ramesh

Notes. 1. Argala can be caused by a benefic, which is known, as Subh Argala. This Argala can be from a malefic also, so that the benefic, causing Argala, stalls the malefic role. If the benefic's Argala is obstructed by another, then the benefic will become ineffective in Argala and the first- mentioned malefic will operate freely.

2. Argala can be by a malefic with reference to a benefic, so that the native does not enjoy good effects, due to the benefic. This is Pap (malefic) Argala. If the Argala is eliminated by a benefic, or a malefic, then the first mentioned benefic will be at liberty to act, according to his own disposition.

Case 1: aragala from one benefic.

My understanding: Unobstructed Shubha aragala. benefic will prevail.

PARTHA:-yes you are right.

Case 2: aragala from one malefic.

My understanding: Unobstructed Papa aragala. Malefic will prevail

PARTHA:- Malefics also cause an argala when they are in 3rd house from the house under consideration. THis is called parakrama argala. When mars is in 3rd from any house, it is also an argala, just like when it is in 2nd house from a house under consideration. Here Mars wants to achieve things at any cost.

Ramesh: I agree. I am told Malefic in 3rd is an exception. In general is it ok to say that benefic planets in 2,4,11,5 and 8 have shubha aragalas and malefics have papa aragalas? Planets in mirror image houses will have virodha aragalas or obstructions!

Case 3: aragala from one benefic and virodha aragala from a benefic.

My understanding: Shubha aragala obstructed and cancelled.

PARTHA:- I am not sure if this statement is valid. For example when jupiter is in 2nd to the Dasa pravesh lagna (THe lagna at the time of commencement of a narayana dasa) and venus in 12th house to the dpc lagna. Then there is a type of bandhana which makes the person sit at home, or meditate. They wont cancel the argala of each other.

Ramesh: Can we say the bandhana itself is depriving one of benefits that he may have had if the shubha aragala was not obstructed?

Case 4: aragala from one benefic and one malefic.

My understanding: Benefic stalls the effects of Malefic. Shubha aragala dilutes the effects of Papa aragala. And vice versa??

Partha:- The argala can be cancelled, if no other factors intervene. If jupiter is in 2nd house, and saturn in 12th house, then the argala of jupiter is reduced to great extent, but still there is a tussle. Here the person wants to enjoy the luxuries of family life and good food, but then Saturn wants him to do tapasya!

Ramesh: Yes your example explains it well.

Case 5: aragala from one benefic and malefic each and virodha from one benefic.

My understanding: Malefic will operate freely. Papa Aragala.

PARTHA:-please be clear here.

Ramesh: Let us say benefic Moon and Ketu in 2nd and Mercury in 12th. Would shubha aragala from Moon be obstructed/ cancelled by virodha aragala of Mercury leaving Ketu to operate freely?

Case 6: aragala from one benefic and malefic each and virodha from one malefic.

My understanding: Benefic will operate freely? Shubha Aragala?

PARTHA: same as above, the query is not clear. But i would like to add, that say when saturn is in 4th house, and sun in the 10th house, then there is no obstruction of such argala of saturn. Instead the person might end up in jail, or confinement, due to paraspara yogakaraka principle.

Ramesh: This is interesting. In the same example if there was also a Benefic like Jupiter in 4th, how would the aragalas operate?

best wishespartha