IndiaDivine.org

Krishna / Shani Trayodasi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Namaste friends,

Seeing the captioned thread I just couldn’t resist talking about this particular Shiva temple, which is very different from others, and which temple I had the good fortune of visiting the other day.

The tiny hamlet, where this Shiva temple is located is called Surutpalli. It is situated around 60 km away from Tirupati. Infact it is closer to Tamilnadu and is just 4km away from Uthukottai. It is 9kms from Nagalapuram, where the only Matsyavatara temple in the world (according to my humble knowledge) is situated.

Contrary to the “lingarupa” which is invariably associated with Mahadeva (except for Dakshinamurthy), the idol at Surutpalli shows the Lord in a reclining pose, very much like Lord Vishnu. This manifestation is supposed to be the “Tatpurusha” aspect of Mahadeva. Let me share with you the interesting legend woven around this temple and Krishna Trayodasi.

During the churning the Ksheera Saagaram, “Halahalam” (deadly poison) originated before “Amritam” (nectar). To save the universe from the burning halahalam, Lord Shiva drank the poison. Then, Sarvamangala, Compassionate Mother of All, wanted to restrict the poison to the throat of Shiva so that the worlds cocooned in His belly wouldn’t suffer and pressed His throat accordingly. The poison was so powerful that even Rudra choked and was overcome for a moment by the poisonous fumes. In the sanctum sanctorum of Surutpalli temple one sees the Lord lying in a swoon, his head cushioned in the lap of Mother. Around this central tableau, there are figures of Brahma, Vishnu and all the demigods and rishis. When Shiva recovered from the swoon, He saw the waiting congregation and then the Pure-Hearted One danced in great ecstasy. The grateful gods and worlds joined Him joyfully. This

celestial event took place on Krishna Trayodasi and from then onwards, every Krishna Trayodasi is celebrated as maasa shivaratri and the “pradosha” on this day is supposed to be especially auspicious.

I request all members to forgive me for this non-astro mail.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Tax Center - File online by April 15th

Guest guest

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|Dear Lakshmi Ji,

Thanks for this information.

With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.lakshmi ramesh <b_lakshmi_ramesh wrote:

Om Gurave Namah Namaste friends,

Seeing the captioned thread I just couldn’t resist talking about this particular Shiva temple, which is very different from others, and which temple I had the good fortune of visiting the other day.

The tiny hamlet, where this Shiva temple is located is called Surutpalli. It is situated around 60 km away from Tirupati. Infact it is closer to Tamilnadu and is just 4km away from Uthukottai. It is 9kms from Nagalapuram, where the only Matsyavatara temple in the world (according to my humble knowledge) is situated.

Contrary to the “lingarupa” which is invariably associated with Mahadeva (except for Dakshinamurthy), the idol at Surutpalli shows the Lord in a reclining pose, very much like Lord Vishnu. This manifestation is supposed to be the “Tatpurusha” aspect of Mahadeva. Let me share with you the interesting legend woven around this temple and Krishna Trayodasi.

During the churning the Ksheera Saagaram, “Halahalam” (deadly poison) originated before “Amritam” (nectar). To save the universe from the burning halahalam, Lord Shiva drank the poison. Then, Sarvamangala, Compassionate Mother of All, wanted to restrict the poison to the throat of Shiva so that the worlds cocooned in His belly wouldn’t suffer and pressed His throat accordingly. The poison was so powerful that even Rudra choked and was overcome for a moment by the poisonous fumes. In the sanctum sanctorum of Surutpalli temple one sees the Lord lying in a swoon, his head cushioned in the lap of Mother. Around this central tableau, there are figures of Brahma, Vishnu and all the demigods and rishis. When Shiva recovered from the swoon, He saw the waiting congregation and then the Pure-Hearted One danced in great ecstasy. The grateful gods and worlds joined Him joyfully. This

celestial event took place on Krishna Trayodasi and from then onwards, every Krishna Trayodasi is celebrated as maasa shivaratri and the “pradosha” on this day is supposed to be especially auspicious.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Tax Center - File online by April 15th Archives: vedic astrologyGroup info: vedic astrology/info.htmlTo UNSUBSCRIBE: Blank mail to vedic astrology-....... May Jupiter's light shine on us .......

India Matrimony: Find your partner online.

Guest guest

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|Dear Lakshmi Ji,

Thanks for this information.

With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.lakshmi ramesh <b_lakshmi_ramesh wrote:

Om Gurave Namah Namaste friends,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Tax Center - File online by April 15th Archives: vedic astrologyGroup info: vedic astrology/info.htmlTo UNSUBSCRIBE: Blank mail to vedic astrology-....... May Jupiter's light shine on us .......

India Matrimony: Find your partner online.