IndiaDivine.org

sudasa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

||OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA||

Dear Sarbaniji,

With reference to your querry on sudasa vrata I have the following information. It is performed on the shravan krishna saptami. I have one text on sudasa brata but it is in Oriyya. If you want it please tell me I will mail it to you.

Orissa’s economy rests firmly on the shoulders of its green fields and farmers. To accentuate the power of the man of grains and gruel, Vaishnav poet of Orissa Kabi Balaram Das introduced the festival " Manabasa " and Sudasa Brata , about 400 years back. The paraphernalia of the festival includes drawing a lotus motif and installing a wooden stool containing the beetlenut and the newly harvested grains. A special cake called "Manda" is offered as Prasad to the Goddess Laxmi. It is a ritualistic practice to recite the Laxmi Purana on this day. It is interesting even Goddess Laxmi as a woman was not spared by her husband Lord Jagannath and banished out of her abode on a trivial mistake.

Thanks.

Yours

Dewavrat Buit

Guest guest

::om namo bhagavate vâsudevâya::

Dear devavrata

That is almost right. The teaching is of Parasara Muni and the Sudasa Vrata is th fasting on the five thursdays of the month of Margasira when Lakshmi goes to her fathers house. Mahapurusha Kabi Balaram Das was of the Pancha Sakha of Sri Chaitanya and his translation of the Bhagavat Purana is used in the Jagannath temple for understanding the same and it is also read out to Lord Jagannath everyday by Atmaram Panda.

Sudasa Vrata is caused if such a THURSDAY of Margasira Masa is also a DASAMI TITHI. (Not Saptami). This is based on the Kalachakra and is exactly in lines with the Buddhastami Vrata that culminates with Jagannatha Janmastami.

Yes Jagannatha is strict but He is also very kind. If He had not banished Lakshmi there would not be any food in ths world to eat. Lord Jagannath does not do anything that is not for the welfare for the world. His rules are very strict and is considered the most strict today among all the temples in India. After all He is the Kendra dhaam. Without Him the other Dhaam lose their relevance just as all this astrology loses its meaning if there was no SURYA to give us a lagna and infuse life into those planets and stars. Every Oriya lady fully knows MANA-BASA and the festival of corn/grains for Lakshmi. She wakes up at 4 AM to clean the house and keep everything ready at sunrise when Lakshmi enters the house - i.e. on thursdays of Margasira.

SJC Asia also holds its annual conference based on SUDASA principle on the second thursday of January when the Sun is in sagittarius (ruled by Guru). This principle is easy to understand. Choose the planet to be propitiated and its day while the Tithi should be of the opposite planet in the Kalachakra.

1 Thus Shiva (Sun) is worshipped on Chaturdasi, and if this falls on a Sunday then it is very powerful for giving Rajayoga.

2 Buddha (graha) is worshipped on Astami and Krishna avatar (Bal-gopala vesha) the destroyer of all kinds of Rahu is worshipped on Janmastami. If this also coincides with a wednesday then it is very powerful in destroying evil.

Think in the same lines.

With best regards,

Sanjay Rath

SJC Puri, 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India

Tel: +91.6752.226269 http://srath.com

ajitd [dewavrat2000] Saturday, May 01, 2004 7:45 AMsarbaniCc: varahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| sudasa

Dear Sarbaniji,

With reference to your querry on sudasa vrata I have the following information. It is performed on the shravan krishna saptami. I have one text on sudasa brata but it is in Oriyya. If you want it please tell me I will mail it to you.

Orissa’s economy rests firmly on the shoulders of its green fields and farmers. To accentuate the power of the man of grains and gruel, Vaishnav poet of Orissa Kabi Balaram Das introduced the festival " Manabasa " and Sudasa Brata , about 400 years back. The paraphernalia of the festival includes drawing a lotus motif and installing a wooden stool containing the beetlenut and the newly harvested grains. A special cake called "Manda" is offered as Prasad to the Goddess Laxmi. It is a ritualistic practice to recite the Laxmi Purana on this day. It is interesting even Goddess Laxmi as a woman was not spared by her husband Lord Jagannath and banished out of her abode on a trivial mistake.

Thanks.

Yours

Dewavrat Buit

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Dear shri Sanjayji,

Sashtang Pranam,

Thanks for correcting me and giving additional knowldge about the Sudasa Vrata and its relationship with the jyotisha,

Yours shishya

Dewavrat BuitSanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

::om namo bhagavate vâsudevâya::

Dear devavrata

That is almost right. The teaching is of Parasara Muni and the Sudasa Vrata is th fasting on the five thursdays of the month of Margasira when Lakshmi goes to her fathers house. Mahapurusha Kabi Balaram Das was of the Pancha Sakha of Sri Chaitanya and his translation of the Bhagavat Purana is used in the Jagannath temple for understanding the same and it is also read out to Lord Jagannath everyday by Atmaram Panda.

Sudasa Vrata is caused if such a THURSDAY of Margasira Masa is also a DASAMI TITHI. (Not Saptami). This is based on the Kalachakra and is exactly in lines with the Buddhastami Vrata that culminates with Jagannatha Janmastami.

Yes Jagannatha is strict but He is also very kind. If He had not banished Lakshmi there would not be any food in ths world to eat. Lord Jagannath does not do anything that is not for the welfare for the world. His rules are very strict and is considered the most strict today among all the temples in India. After all He is the Kendra dhaam. Without Him the other Dhaam lose their relevance just as all this astrology loses its meaning if there was no SURYA to give us a lagna and infuse life into those planets and stars. Every Oriya lady fully knows MANA-BASA and the festival of corn/grains for Lakshmi. She wakes up at 4 AM to clean the house and keep everything ready at sunrise when Lakshmi enters the house - i.e. on thursdays of Margasira.

SJC Asia also holds its annual conference based on SUDASA principle on the second thursday of January when the Sun is in sagittarius (ruled by Guru). This principle is easy to understand. Choose the planet to be propitiated and its day while the Tithi should be of the opposite planet in the Kalachakra.

1 Thus Shiva (Sun) is worshipped on Chaturdasi, and if this falls on a Sunday then it is very powerful for giving Rajayoga.

2 Buddha (graha) is worshipped on Astami and Krishna avatar (Bal-gopala vesha) the destroyer of all kinds of Rahu is worshipped on Janmastami. If this also coincides with a wednesday then it is very powerful in destroying evil.

Think in the same lines.

With best regards,

Sanjay Rath

SJC Puri, 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, India

Tel: +91.6752.226269 http://srath.com

ajitd [dewavrat2000] Saturday, May 01, 2004 7:45 AMsarbaniCc: varahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| sudasa

Dear Sarbaniji,

Thanks.

Yours

Dewavrat Buit

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at HotJobs