IndiaDivine.org

JHora and Varnada Lagna Clarification

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

||Om Brihaspataye Namah||

Namaste Narasimha,

In the light of the discussion below, I had a cursory look at the varnada lagna in my chart using JHL 6 and this is what is displayed:

"Varnada Lagna 21Li 36' 23.42 Aswi(ni) 1 Li Li"

Based on what I know so far, Aswini is the first nakshetra of the zodiac and I cannot understand how the software gives this information. Secondly, this should fall in the 7th navamsa of Libra and hence in the navamsa of Aries. I cannot understand how Libra is displayed here. May be this is a bug or maybe I am missing something here.

Please clarify.

regards

HariSanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

::om namo bhagavate vasudevaya::Dear Narasimha & Dhira KrsnaYes your points are right about reckoning signs and JH v6.0 has this donecorrectly so that it becomes easy for people.Navamsa is the dharma amsa and is a reflection of the inner self.Narasimha's research is very novel and does show the inner nature of aperson. To what extent this is going to manifest will depend on the dasa,rasi position etc. However the placement of VL in rasi is very important andcannot be ignored. The signs occupied by lord of VL and more importantlylord of 11th from VL are crucial.Reckoning of signs is right as in another reference to the varna of thesigns, the term used is w.r.t. counting from Mina rasi i.e. entire pisces isbrahmin, then aries is kshatriya, then taurus is vaishya and then gemini issudra and this continues for the

other signs as well. sign boundaries definethe social boundaries or natural boundaries.Once again, Narasimha's research is very novel and I am requesting him towrite a paper outlining the method used as well as various examples for theJyotish Digest. This will be for good record and all references of slokasetc will be readily available for all readers.With best regards,Sanjay RathSJC Puri, 212 Gopal Ballav Road, Puri 752001, IndiaTel: +91.6752.226269 http://srath.com----- Original Message ----- "Narasimha P.V.R. RaoDhira Krsna BCS" ; "Sanjay Rath"; "Vedic Astrology Group"Tuesday, July 06, 2004 12:39 AMRe: JHora and Varnada Lagna ClarificationNamaste all,Examples can be misleading especially if our understanding is imperfect. The"Jupiter in VL in navamsa" thing I

mentioned was noticed by me in a handfulof charts and I honestly did not do much research. It can be wrong, thoughit is based on solid logic (in my opinion :-).Secondly, Visti does not agree with me, but I do think one's varna does havesomething to do with one's abilities. A person is a Brahmana because ofcertain abilities. A person is a Kshatriya because of certain abilities.One's abilities decide one's dharma and varna dharma is part of one'sdharma. One's varna is decided by one's varna dharma.Regarding the definition of VL, Parasara talks about counting (as in"counting signs") and not about measuring (as in "measuring distance"). Hewas clearly talking about counting rasis. Also, he used the word"meenaadeh". If he had wanted us to count the angle from the end of Meena,he would have used "Meenaantaat" or something like that. The expression"starting from Meena" without a reference to the "end of Meena" clearlyshows that

this is counting of signs and not measuring the angle from theend of Meena.I have no doubt. Counting signs IS correct.May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha- "Dhira Krsna BCSNarasimha P.V.R. Rao" ; "Sanjay Rath"; "Vedic Astrology Group"Sunday, July 04, 2004 1:37 PM[vedic astrology] JHora and Varnada Lagna Clarification> Dear Sanjay Rath,>> Hare Rama Krsna!>> I had a discussion with Visti just prior to this list discussion regarding> my Varnada Lagna, so I consider my chart a bit as a seed to the> discussion, somehow or other, so let's make the analysis. I see the> calculation has been changed in the latest JhoraLite. My chart had the> Varnada Lagna in Pisces using the older calculation (with degrees),

using> only signs it would be Aquarius. In that case Varnada Lagna is in Taurus> Navamsa with Jupiter! Indeed, brahminical service, I'm pujari of> Jagannath. VL in Pisces at about 5 degrees would go into Leo Navamsa,> which is empty and gives more administrative power? Not so likely.>> It appears older versions of JhoraLite had the sign only calculation as> well.>> Yours,> Dhira Krsna dasa,> Jyotishi> http://www.radhadesh.com> http://www.geocities.com/dvdd1008/Jyotisha.html