IndiaDivine.org

Words for Menopause Conditions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Sanjay Ji,

Thanks for this mail. So I feel strongly that Rajobandha should be the equivalent word for Menopause.I have to look into the texts about this.

With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.

sanjayp wrote: || Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Ramadasji and Kasturi,Some equivalent words for menopause could benarmarA : an old woman past menstruationniS-kalA : a woman past childbearing or menstruation (niSphala)rajobandha : suppression of menstruationWhereas for menstruationRtviya : menstruating; n. menstruation.RtukAla : the time of the season or the time of menstruationWarm RegardsSanjay P.Om Tat Satvarahamihira , Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao> wrote:> > ` nmae naray[ay,> > om namo näräyaëäya|> > Dear Kasturi Rangan Ji,> > Can you please provide me the equivalent Sanskrit term so that I can try to find it in Jyotish texts ?> > With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,> > Ramadas Rao.> > >

> "R. Kasthuri Rangan" <rkrangan@s...> wrote: Dear Gurus and learned members> > Is anyone aware of any specific dictum regarding conditions for> menopause? Can someone help me with reference to the classics? I have> searched in Jataka Parijatha and BPHS. It is possible that I might have> missed by oversight.> > Best wishes> R. Kasthuri Rangan> > > > > > > |Om Tat Sat|> http://www.varahamihira > > >

Dear Ramadas ji, SanjayP and list

I am not sure if " Rajobandha " would be the right word, because with

today's medical science, " suppression " can be a matter of choice.

Cessation of menstruation cycle is what we should look for.

A member of VA list wrote to me privately suggesting me to refer to

Brihat Jatakam. Unfortunately I do not have it. Maybe you can check and

elaborate if you find a reference. I have checked a few other texts, but

do not find a reference to " menopause " per se.

Best wishes

R. Kasthuri Rangan

Namaste

>Message: 3

> Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:31:58 +0100 (BST)

> Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao

>Re: Words for Menopause Conditions

>

>

>` nmae naray[ay,

>

>om namo näräyaëäya|

>

>Dear Sanjay Ji,

>

>Thanks for this mail. So I feel strongly that Rajobandha should be the

equivalent word for Menopause.I have to look into the texts about this.

>

>With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

>

>Ramadas Rao.

>

>

>

>

>

>

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Saaji,

Regarding menopause, we have to get charts females who had menopause at the age of approximately 44 to 50 years.Then only we can study about this subject.

I hope this helps you.

With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.

"R. Kasthuri Rangan" <rkrangan wrote: Dear Ramadas ji, SanjayP and listI am not sure if "Rajobandha" would be the right word, because with today's medical science, "suppression" can be a matter of choice. Cessation of menstruation cycle is what we should look for.A member of VA list wrote to me privately suggesting me to refer to Brihat Jatakam. Unfortunately I do not have it. Maybe you can check and elaborate if you find a reference. I have checked a few other texts, but do not find a reference to "menopause" per se.Best wishesR. Kasthuri RanganNamaste>Message: 3 > Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:31:58 +0100 (BST)> Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao>Re: Words for Menopause Conditions>>>` nmae naray[ay,>>om

namo näräyaëäya|>>Dear Sanjay Ji,>>Thanks for this mail. So I feel strongly that Rajobandha should be the equivalent word for Menopause.I have to look into the texts about this.>>With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,>>Ramadas Rao.>>> >> >|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

India Matrimony: Find your life partner

online.