IndiaDivine.org

Exch2 # GL in D10 of Sanjay Rathji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste,

I use the center of Sun being truly on the eastern horizon. I use this definition of sunrise for all astrological purposes - horas, GL, HL etc. I use this for the position of GL, HL etc in rasi chart as well as divisional charts (why should one use different definitions for rasi and divisions anyway?).

With this definition, lagna, HL and GL are exactly conjoined (rather than being approximately conjoined) at the longitude of Sun at sunrise.

Pt. Sanjay Rath, to the best of my knowledge, prefers the apparent rise of the tip. This remains the most serious disagreement between us as of today. Hopefully we can reach an agreement soon.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

-

Sunil John

varahamihira ; pvr

Tuesday, September 07, 2004 9:31 AM

Exch2 # GL in D10 of Sanjay Rathji

Dear Jay,

Thanks for this.

According to Pg 187 of VAIA by PVR, GL is in the 5th house in D10 but during the analysis of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu, if I remember well PVR had said that he uses

the Tip of the Suns disk appearing on the eastern horizon for Rasi chart for GL etc

The Center of the Sun’s disk is truly on the eastern horizon for divisional charts like D10

Now if we use the option (b) which Shri PVR uses for D charts then SRs GL would shift to the 4th house which I just checked.

In his book explaining the release of SRs book in Mer dasa, PVR has written

"Period of a well disposed planet aspecting A3 in D10 may make on write some books"

Again on Pg 187 " In addition to containing A3, Virgo is the 3rd from GL, the 3rd from GL stands for fame as a communicator. Mer owns and aspects it."

But with the change of settings of the Sun tip, the GL , A3 becomes 4th from GL and not 3rd

This is a bit contradictory, I request you and PVR to shower some light on this and what settings of the Suns disk should we use.

Kind regards,

Sunil John

Mumbai

Cc: PVR