IndiaDivine.org

Copper Kaaraka

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Listmembers,

Peace and Goodwill at this very serene and special time of Christmas,

I would not like to confuse the issue further, but I read of a Nordic King who had a copper roof on his palace to appease Venus. Copper oxidizes over time as it comes in contact with the air. It turns green. As Mercury can dominate Venus, I thought the above made astrological sense. I also have Venus as karaka for copper in my notes...not that it justifies! :)

With Love,

Ann.

Om Brihaspataye Namah

Dear Ann,

Thankyou for your xmas wishes.

Your post is interesting, as the Chartres cathedral in France has an all copper roof too. This cathedral was built around 1026-1200 ad . The copper roof was meant to keep the building pure, I thought. As this cathedral is known as a virgin cathedral ( no one is buried there ) perhaps there is a significance and link to Venus. It is built on a site previously used for Sacred Druid worship. How is your history??????

Kind regards

Rosemary

-

Ann Murphy

varahamihira

Cc: Ann Murphy

Monday, December 27, 2004 2:12 AM

|Sri Varaha| Re: Copper Kaaraka

Namaste Listmembers,

Peace and Goodwill at this very serene and special time of Christmas,

I would not like to confuse the issue further, but I read of a Nordic King who had a copper roof on his palace to appease Venus. Copper oxidizes over time as it comes in contact with the air. It turns green. As Mercury can dominate Venus, I thought the above made astrological sense. I also have Venus as karaka for copper in my notes...not that it justifies! :)

With Love,

Ann.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira