Best regards,

Sarbani

nameisego [nameisego]

Sunday, December 26, 2004 4:12 PM

vedic astrology

[vedic astrology] Tsunami/Earthquake and Asian Disaster.......As

predicted

Learned friends,

Breaking self imposed mauna for Margashirsha, The following is posted.

Self is too much pained to post this prediction which is reproduced here.It

is reproduced not to show that it shows self's predictive correctness, BUT

AS AN ANSWER TO CRITICS OF THIS GREAT SCIENCE WHO CALL ASTROLOGY AS HUMBUG.

IT IS TO SHOW THAT ASTROLOGERS HAVE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Please remember, that when this was made in June this year, neither Kanchi

seer and Math were anywhere near mind nor so many accidents, disasters were

anticipated by anyone.

But Saturn had his own designs.

THE POSTING IS REPRODUCED AS UNDER.

Dear friends,

There are times when an astrologer does not want predictions to come true.

This being had posted as a side note on 27th June on VA board, the

following,

What more changes are coming ? (Not for Atalji) For world and India?

kataka Sani transit will bring about misery to people.

Taking primordial Rasi chart,Kataka is 4th house; 4th is 8th from 9th so

Dharma will suffer in next 3 years, religious fanaticism will increase to

an untolerable level.

womanhood will also suffer.Education will fall under Saturn's grace, so

changes will be brought about in field of education.(NCERT books are being

changed)

Accidents of vehicles, boat disasters and landslides with severe

earthquakes will bring vinasha to nations.

Let's pray things will be bearable.

Tatavam-Asi "

" Education will fall under Saturn's grace " were the words used.....who would

have anticipated students in school numbering unimaginable 100 would burn to

death?

Landslide..... was mentioned. We had a major landslide killing people on

Badri-Kedar route.

Landslides, accidents of vehicles....etc " was mentioned, we had atleast six

train tragedies after this was written.

What more do we have in store in near future for Saturn's entry/stay and

retro in Cancer ???

May God show mercy on people.

Tatvam-Asi

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Perhaps Satya Sai Baba was hinting at some event of this sort, when He said that this particular Pournima is a rare one. Hence his exhortations for intense prayer.

Incidentally I was in Kancheepuram yesterday upto 2pm. I went with my family to worship Mother Kaamaakshi. On my return to Tirupathi I was shocked to learn about Tsunami and the terrible havoc it caused. NDTV reported 61 dead in Kanchi.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

Dear Jyotishis,Varahamihira in his Brhat Samhita tells us that the earth is divided into 4parts and ruled by 4 deities, Wind, Fire, Indra and Varuna. These 4 deitieshave the power to cause earthquakes, thereby categorising earthquakes into 4different kinds or groups depending upon the causal factor. The 27 naksatrasare divided amongst these 4 groups, and the Wind Group comprises thenaksatras Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Citra, Svati, Punarvasu, Mrgasira andAsvini. Earthquakes occurring under any of these naksatras will be caused byWind. Similarly for the other groups, like earthquakes occurring under thenaksatras of the Fire Group will be caused by Fire and so on. The effects ofthe Wind Group of earthquake stretches for over 200 yojanas; i.e. it has themost extensive spatial effect compared to other groups.

Wind-causedearthquakes have strong winds, dusty and hazy atmosphere, destruction ofwater, forests, herbs and crops, causing much damage to traders andcommerce, among other things. The severity of earthquakes are determined byseveral factors which include eclipses of the Sun and the Moon and specialand unnatural planetary combinations. Today's earthquake occurred in Mrgasira naksatra, making it a Windearthquake. The lagna was Dhanu with the Sun in it, and the tithi, a veryspecial Purnima, which obviously helped in the formation of the 30 ft. talltidal waves which struck Sri Lanka and India. Mercury, the ruler of prithvitatva, is severely afflicted by a strong Mars, Rahu and retrograde Saturn inthe 8th house. The Sun has the graha drsti of Rahu and most importantly, theMoon is eclipsed and debilitated in the Navamsa lagna. The full Moon occursin the Lagna-7th house axis and we have been taught that the kendras arehigh tide

zones, while the other houses are the low tide areas. Mercury isalso very closely conjunct Venus in Jyeshta...does this have anyimplications?Best regards,Sarbaninameisego [nameisego] Sunday, December 26, 2004 4:12 PMvedic astrology Subject: [vedic astrology] Tsunami/Earthquake and Asian Disaster.......AspredictedLearned friends,Breaking self imposed mauna for Margashirsha, The following is posted.Self is too much pained to post this prediction which is reproduced here.Itis reproduced not to show that it shows self's predictive correctness, BUTAS AN ANSWER TO CRITICS OF THIS GREAT SCIENCE WHO CALL ASTROLOGY AS HUMBUG.IT IS TO SHOW THAT ASTROLOGERS HAVE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.Please remember, that when this was made in June this year, neither Kanchiseer and Math were anywhere near mind nor so many

accidents, disasters wereanticipated by anyone.But Saturn had his own designs.THE POSTING IS REPRODUCED AS UNDER.Dear friends,There are times when an astrologer does not want predictions to come true.This being had posted as a side note on 27th June on VA board, thefollowing,What more changes are coming ? (Not for Atalji) For world and India?kataka Sani transit will bring about misery to people.Taking primordial Rasi chart,Kataka is 4th house; 4th is 8th from 9th soDharma will suffer in next 3 years, religious fanaticism will increase toan untolerable level. womanhood will also suffer.Education will fall under Saturn's grace, sochanges will be brought about in field of education.(NCERT books are beingchanged)Accidents of vehicles, boat disasters and landslides with severeearthquakes will bring

vinasha to nations.Let's pray things will be bearable.Tatavam-Asi""Education will fall under Saturn's grace" were the words used.....who wouldhave anticipated students in school numbering unimaginable 100 would burn todeath?Landslide..... was mentioned. We had a major landslide killing people onBadri-Kedar route.Landslides, accidents of vehicles....etc " was mentioned, we had atleast sixtrain tragedies after this was written.What more do we have in store in near future for Saturn's entry/stay andretro in Cancer ???May God show mercy on people.Tatvam-Asi

Om Gurave Hamah

Namashe Lakshmi and others,

The news of the great loss due to the earthquake and Tsunami is horrific to say the least. Some of my first thoughts go to the city of Puri where SJC is located. I see, in my mind's eye, all the fishermen out in their boats, all the people along the shores where I walked last January.

I have not been able to find any news regarding this area and all I can think of is that Puri is on the shores of the Bay of Bengal and that is the body of water that was hit. Can anyone give me news?

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

lakshmi ramesh [b_lakshmi_ramesh] Sunday, December 26, 2004 4:12 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Perhaps Satya Sai Baba was hinting at some event of this sort, when He said that this particular Pournima is a rare one. Hence his exhortations for intense prayer.

Incidentally I was in Kancheepuram yesterday upto 2pm. I went with my family to worship Mother Kaamaakshi. On my return to Tirupathi I was shocked to learn about Tsunami and the terrible havoc it caused. NDTV reported 61 dead in Kanchi.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Dear Jyotishis,Varahamihira in his Brhat Samhita tells us that the earth is divided into 4parts and ruled by 4 deities, Wind, Fire, Indra and Varuna. These 4 deitieshave the power to cause earthquakes, thereby categorising earthquakes into 4different kinds or groups depending upon the causal factor. The 27 naksatrasare divided amongst these 4 groups, and the Wind Group comprises thenaksatras Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Citra, Svati, Punarvasu, Mrgasira andAsvini. Earthquakes occurring under any of these naksatras will be caused byWind. Similarly for the other groups, like earthquakes occurring under thenaksatras of the Fire Group will be caused by Fire and so on. The effects ofthe Wind Group of earthquake stretches for over 200 yojanas; i.e. it has themost extensive spatial effect compared to other groups. Wind-causedearthquakes have strong winds, dusty and hazy atmosphere, destruction ofwater, forests, herbs and crops, causing much damage to traders andcommerce, among other things. The severity of earthquakes are determined byseveral factors which include eclipses of the Sun and the Moon and specialand unnatural planetary combinations. Today's earthquake occurred in Mrgasira naksatra, making it a Windearthquake. The lagna was Dhanu with the Sun in it, and the tithi, a veryspecial Purnima, which obviously helped in the formation of the 30 ft. talltidal waves which struck Sri Lanka and India. Mercury, the ruler of prithvitatva, is severely afflicted by a strong Mars, Rahu and retrograde Saturn inthe 8th house. The Sun has the graha drsti of Rahu and most importantly, theMoon is eclipsed and debilitated in the Navamsa lagna. The full Moon occursin the Lagna-7th house axis and we have been taught that the kendras arehigh tide zones, while the other houses are the low tide areas. Mercury isalso very closely conjunct Venus in Jyeshta...does this have anyimplications?Best regards,Sarbaninameisego [nameisego] Sunday, December 26, 2004 4:12 PMvedic astrology Subject: [vedic astrology] Tsunami/Earthquake and Asian Disaster.......AspredictedLearned friends,Breaking self imposed mauna for Margashirsha, The following is posted.Self is too much pained to post this prediction which is reproduced here.Itis reproduced not to show that it shows self's predictive correctness, BUTAS AN ANSWER TO CRITICS OF THIS GREAT SCIENCE WHO CALL ASTROLOGY AS HUMBUG.IT IS TO SHOW THAT ASTROLOGERS HAVE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.Please remember, that when this was made in June this year, neither Kanchiseer and Math were anywhere near mind nor so many accidents, disasters wereanticipated by anyone.But Saturn had his own designs.THE POSTING IS REPRODUCED AS UNDER.Dear friends,There are times when an astrologer does not want predictions to come true.This being had posted as a side note on 27th June on VA board, thefollowing,What more changes are coming ? (Not for Atalji) For world and India?kataka Sani transit will bring about misery to people.Taking primordial Rasi chart,Kataka is 4th house; 4th is 8th from 9th soDharma will suffer in next 3 years, religious fanaticism will increase toan untolerable level. womanhood will also suffer.Education will fall under Saturn's grace, sochanges will be brought about in field of education.(NCERT books are beingchanged)Accidents of vehicles, boat disasters and landslides with severeearthquakes will bring vinasha to nations.Let's pray things will be bearable.Tatavam-Asi""Education will fall under Saturn's grace" were the words used.....who wouldhave anticipated students in school numbering unimaginable 100 would burn todeath?Landslide..... was mentioned. We had a major landslide killing people onBadri-Kedar route.Landslides, accidents of vehicles....etc " was mentioned, we had atleast sixtrain tragedies after this was written.What more do we have in store in near future for Saturn's entry/stay andretro in Cancer ???May God show mercy on people.Tatvam-Asi

Dear Phyllis,

Surprisingly Puri is fine. The fishermen were warned in time and they did not venture forth. The water rose very high and came up to the little wall on the road. However, the Indian state just south of Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, was affected very badly as was Tamil Nadu.

Best regards,

Sarbani

Phyllis Chubb [phyllischubb] Monday, December 27, 2004 7:55 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Om Gurave Hamah

The news of the great loss due to the earthquake and Tsunami is horrific to say the least. Some of my first thoughts go to the city of Puri where SJC is located. I see, in my mind's eye, all the fishermen out in their boats, all the people along the shores where I walked last January.

I have not been able to find any news regarding this area and all I can think of is that Puri is on the shores of the Bay of Bengal and that is the body of water that was hit. Can anyone give me news?

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

lakshmi ramesh [b_lakshmi_ramesh] Sunday, December 26, 2004 4:12 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Dear Jyotishis,Varahamihira in his Brhat Samhita tells us that the earth is divided into 4parts and ruled by 4 deities, Wind, Fire, Indra and Varuna. These 4 deitieshave the power to cause earthquakes, thereby categorising earthquakes into 4different kinds or groups depending upon the causal factor. The 27 naksatrasare divided amongst these 4 groups, and the Wind Group comprises thenaksatras Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Citra, Svati, Punarvasu, Mrgasira andAsvini. Earthquakes occurring under any of these naksatras will be caused byWind. Similarly for the other groups, like earthquakes occurring under thenaksatras of the Fire Group will be caused by Fire and so on. The effects ofthe Wind Group of earthquake stretches for over 200 yojanas; i.e. it has themost extensive spatial effect compared to other groups. Wind-causedearthquakes have strong winds, dusty and hazy atmosphere, destruction ofwater, forests, herbs and crops, causing much damage to traders andcommerce, among other things. The severity of earthquakes are determined byseveral factors which include eclipses of the Sun and the Moon and specialand unnatural planetary combinations. Today's earthquake occurred in Mrgasira naksatra, making it a Windearthquake. The lagna was Dhanu with the Sun in it, and the tithi, a veryspecial Purnima, which obviously helped in the formation of the 30 ft. talltidal waves which struck Sri Lanka and India. Mercury, the ruler of prithvitatva, is severely afflicted by a strong Mars, Rahu and retrograde Saturn inthe 8th house. The Sun has the graha drsti of Rahu and most importantly, theMoon is eclipsed and debilitated in the Navamsa lagna. The full Moon occursin the Lagna-7th house axis and we have been taught that the kendras arehigh tide zones, while the other houses are the low tide areas. Mercury isalso very closely conjunct Venus in Jyeshta...does this have anyimplications?Best regards,Sarbaninameisego [nameisego] Sunday, December 26, 2004 4:12 PMvedic astrology Subject: [vedic astrology] Tsunami/Earthquake and Asian Disaster.......AspredictedLearned friends,Breaking self imposed mauna for Margashirsha, The following is posted.Self is too much pained to post this prediction which is reproduced here.Itis reproduced not to show that it shows self's predictive correctness, BUTAS AN ANSWER TO CRITICS OF THIS GREAT SCIENCE WHO CALL ASTROLOGY AS HUMBUG.IT IS TO SHOW THAT ASTROLOGERS HAVE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.Please remember, that when this was made in June this year, neither Kanchiseer and Math were anywhere near mind nor so many accidents, disasters wereanticipated by anyone.But Saturn had his own designs.THE POSTING IS REPRODUCED AS UNDER.Dear friends,There are times when an astrologer does not want predictions to come true.This being had posted as a side note on 27th June on VA board, thefollowing,What more changes are coming ? (Not for Atalji) For world and India?kataka Sani transit will bring about misery to people.Taking primordial Rasi chart,Kataka is 4th house; 4th is 8th from 9th soDharma will suffer in next 3 years, religious fanaticism will increase toan untolerable level. womanhood will also suffer.Education will fall under Saturn's grace, sochanges will be brought about in field of education.(NCERT books are beingchanged)Accidents of vehicles, boat disasters and landslides with severeearthquakes will bring vinasha to nations.Let's pray things will be bearable.Tatavam-Asi""Education will fall under Saturn's grace" were the words used.....who wouldhave anticipated students in school numbering unimaginable 100 would burn todeath?Landslide..... was mentioned. We had a major landslide killing people onBadri-Kedar route.Landslides, accidents of vehicles....etc " was mentioned, we had atleast sixtrain tragedies after this was written.What more do we have in store in near future for Saturn's entry/stay andretro in Cancer ???May God show mercy on people.Tatvam-Asi

Dear Visti, Lakshmi Kary,

I heard from the grape vine that Freedom was in Bangkok. Any news from him? Is he safe?

Best regards,

Sarbani

Sarbani Sarkar [sarbani] Monday, December 27, 2004 8:44 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Dear Phyllis,

Surprisingly Puri is fine. The fishermen were warned in time and they did not venture forth. The water rose very high and came up to the little wall on the road. However, the Indian state just south of Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, was affected very badly as was Tamil Nadu.

Best regards,

Sarbani

Phyllis Chubb [phyllischubb] Monday, December 27, 2004 7:55 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Om Gurave Hamah

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Dear Sarbani,

Thank yo so much for letting me know. I have simply felt sick and ever so helpless. May I ask how the local fishermen were warned? It seems no one else was and in my heart I hope it is because someone there does that form of astrology and that the people listen!

I am picturing the wall by the road in front of the hotel however there was also a wall at the end of the hotel property. Either way there would have been a lot of loss as so many people lived on the beaches there.

I am going to take this moment to thank you for the articles you write for sjcerc. Let me tell you, this is going to be tough for those of us who neither speak nor read sanskrit! Some of the things that create challenges for me are due solely to my ignorance. For example: The bull. Why wouldn't any four footed animal have been used. Try as I might, I can not get passed thinking it has to do with the cow and the perfect food, sustence it provides. If you have a moment please tell me, I'll own up that I didn't figure it out for myself!

Thank you and I hope you and Sanjay have a fine new year and that Santa was good to both of you.

Blessings on you for sharing the news of Puri...........

Phyllis

Sarbani Sarkar [sarbani] Sunday, December 26, 2004 7:14 PMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Dear Phyllis,

Best regards,

Sarbani

Om Gurave Hamah

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Regards,

Lakshmi

||Hare Rama Krsna||

Dear Sarbani and list, Namaskar

Freedom is just fine. He was visiting the

sites where the Tsunami’s hit but seems to be unharmed. He should be in

Delhi today or tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Visti Larsen

http://srigaruda.com

visti

Sarbani Sarkar

[sarbani]

27 December 2004 04:24

varahamihira

RE: |Sri Varaha|

Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Dear Visti, Lakshmi Kary,

I heard from the grape vine that Freedom

was in Bangkok.

Any news from him? Is he safe?

Best regards,

Sarbani

Sarbani

Sarkar [sarbani]

Monday, December 27, 2004 8:44 AM

varahamihira

Dear Phyllis,

Surprisingly Puri is fine. The fishermen

were warned in time and they did not venture forth. The water rose very high

and came up to the little wall on the road. However, the Indian state just

south of Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, was affected very badly as was Tamil

Nadu.

Best regards,

Sarbani

Phyllis

Chubb [phyllischubb]

Monday, December 27, 2004 7:55 AM

varahamihira

Om Gurave Hamah

The news of the great loss due to the

earthquake and Tsunami is horrific to say the least. Some of my first thoughts

go to the city of Puri

where SJC is located. I see, in my mind's eye, all the fishermen out in their

boats, all the people along the shores where I walked last January.

I have not been able to find any news

regarding this area and all I can think of is that Puri is on the shores of the

Bay of Bengal and that is the body of water

that was hit. Can anyone give me news?

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

lakshmi

ramesh [b_lakshmi_ramesh]

varahamihira

Re: |Sri Varaha|

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Perhaps Satya Sai Baba was hinting at some event of this sort,

when He said that this particular Pournima is a rare one. Hence his

exhortations for intense prayer.

Incidentally I was in Kancheepuram yesterday upto 2pm. I went with my family to worship

Mother Kaamaakshi. On my return to Tirupathi I was shocked to learn

about Tsunami and the terrible havoc it caused. NDTV reported 61 dead in

Kanchi.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Sarbani Sarkar

<sarbani wrote:

Dear Jyotishis,

Varahamihira in his Brhat Samhita tells us that

the earth is divided into 4

parts and ruled by 4 deities, Wind, Fire, Indra

and Varuna. These 4 deities

have the power to cause earthquakes, thereby

categorising earthquakes into 4

different kinds or groups depending upon the

causal factor. The 27 naksatras

are divided amongst these 4 groups, and the Wind

Group comprises the

naksatras Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Citra, Svati,

Punarvasu, Mrgasira and

Asvini. Earthquakes occurring under any of these

naksatras will be caused by

Wind. Similarly for the other groups, like

earthquakes occurring under the

naksatras of the Fire Group will be caused by Fire

and so on. The effects of

the Wind Group of earthquake stretches for over

200 yojanas; i.e. it has the

most extensive spatial effect compared to other

groups. Wind-caused

earthquakes have strong winds, dusty and hazy

atmosphere, destruction of

water, forests, herbs and crops, causing much

damage to traders and

commerce, among other things. The severity of

earthquakes are determined by

several factors which include eclipses of the Sun

and the Moon and special

and unnatural planetary combinations.

Today's earthquake occurred in Mrgasira naksatra,

making it a Wind

earthquake. The lagna was Dhanu with the Sun in

it, and the tithi, a very

special Purnima, which obviously helped in the

formation of the 30 ft. tall

tidal waves which struck Sri Lanka and India. Mercury, the ruler of

prithvi

tatva, is severely afflicted by a strong Mars,

Rahu and retrograde Saturn in

the 8th house. The Sun has the graha drsti of Rahu

and most importantly, the

Moon is eclipsed and debilitated in the Navamsa

lagna. The full Moon occurs

in the Lagna-7th house axis and we have been

taught that the kendras are

high tide zones, while the other houses are the

low tide areas. Mercury is

also very closely conjunct Venus in Jyeshta...does

this have any

implications?

Best regards,

Sarbani

nameisego [nameisego]

vedic astrology

[vedic astrology] Tsunami/Earthquake and

Asian Disaster.......As

predicted

Learned friends,

Breaking self imposed mauna for Margashirsha, The

following is posted.

Self is too much pained to post this prediction

which is reproduced here.It

is reproduced not to show that it shows self's

predictive correctness, BUT

AS AN ANSWER TO CRITICS OF THIS GREAT SCIENCE WHO

CALL ASTROLOGY AS HUMBUG.

IT IS TO SHOW

THAT ASTROLOGERS HAVE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Please remember, that when this was made in June

this year, neither Kanchi

seer and Math were anywhere near mind nor so many

accidents, disasters were

anticipated by anyone.

Dear friends,

There are times when an astrologer does not want

predictions to come true.

This being had posted as a side note on 27th June

on VA board, the

following,

What more changes are coming ? (Not for Atalji)

For world and India?

kataka Sani transit will bring about misery to

people.

Taking primordial Rasi chart,Kataka is 4th

house; 4th is 8th from 9th so

Dharma will suffer in next 3 years,

religious fanaticism will increase to

an untolerable level.

womanhood will also suffer.Education will fall

under Saturn's grace, so

changes will be brought about in field of

education.(NCERT books are being

changed)

Accidents of vehicles, boat disasters and

landslides with severe

Tatavam-Asi "

" Education will fall under Saturn's

grace " were the words used.....who would

have anticipated students in school numbering

unimaginable 100 would burn to

death?

Landslide..... was mentioned. We had a major landslide

killing people on

Badri-Kedar route.

Landslides, accidents of vehicles....etc "

was mentioned, we had atleast six

What more do we have in store in near future for

Saturn's entry/stay and

retro in Cancer ???

Tatvam-Asi

Dear Puri,

Thank you for your good wishes. No, there was no loss in Puri at all, only that last night, the water suddenly gushed across the stretch of beach. I just went for a walk by sea this evening and it seemed normal and calm to me. Unfortunately, the fishermen, did not resort to astrology but to the radio and the police I think. They were warned by official administrative channels.

I will take up your question on the bull in the SJCERC List classroom for the benefit of other students.

A very happy new year to you from India.

Best regards,

Sarbani

Phyllis Chubb [phyllischubb] Monday, December 27, 2004 10:17 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Dear Sarbani,

Thank yo so much for letting me know. I have simply felt sick and ever so helpless. May I ask how the local fishermen were warned? It seems no one else was and in my heart I hope it is because someone there does that form of astrology and that the people listen!

I am picturing the wall by the road in front of the hotel however there was also a wall at the end of the hotel property. Either way there would have been a lot of loss as so many people lived on the beaches there.

I am going to take this moment to thank you for the articles you write for sjcerc. Let me tell you, this is going to be tough for those of us who neither speak nor read sanskrit! Some of the things that create challenges for me are due solely to my ignorance. For example: The bull. Why wouldn't any four footed animal have been used. Try as I might, I can not get passed thinking it has to do with the cow and the perfect food, sustence it provides. If you have a moment please tell me, I'll own up that I didn't figure it out for myself!

Thank you and I hope you and Sanjay have a fine new year and that Santa was good to both of you.

Blessings on you for sharing the news of Puri...........

Phyllis

Sarbani Sarkar [sarbani] Sunday, December 26, 2004 7:14 PMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Dear Phyllis,

Best regards,

Sarbani

Om Gurave Hamah

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Om Gurave Namah

Namaste Phyllis,

Thanks for your concern and affection. The dimensions of the terrible tragedy are still unfolding and the toll is reaching unnerving proportions. The only thing we can do is to keep praying for both the dead and the alive and, if possible, extend help & moral support for the rescue operations.

I believe that there were minor tremors even in Tirupati and surrounding regions around 8am yesterday, but as I was travelling to Kanchi in the car I had not detected any.

I think the problem was more with scorpio than with cancer.

Coming to Mumbai?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Om Gurave Hamah

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Dear Jyotishis,Varahamihira in his Brhat Samhita tells us that the earth is divided into 4parts and ruled by 4 deities, Wind, Fire, Indra and Varuna. These 4 deitieshave the power to cause earthquakes, thereby categorising earthquakes into 4different kinds or groups depending upon the causal factor. The 27 naksatrasare divided amongst these 4 groups, and the Wind Group comprises thenaksatras Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Citra, Svati, Punarvasu, Mrgasira andAsvini. Earthquakes occurring under any of these naksatras will be caused byWind. Similarly for the other groups, like earthquakes occurring under thenaksatras of the Fire Group will be caused by Fire and so on. The effects ofthe Wind Group of earthquake stretches for over 200 yojanas; i.e. it has themost extensive spatial effect compared to other groups.

Wind-causedearthquakes have strong winds, dusty and hazy atmosphere, destruction ofwater, forests, herbs and crops, causing much damage to traders andcommerce, among other things. The severity of earthquakes are determined byseveral factors which include eclipses of the Sun and the Moon and specialand unnatural planetary combinations. Today's earthquake occurred in Mrgasira naksatra, making it a Windearthquake. The lagna was Dhanu with the Sun in it, and the tithi, a veryspecial Purnima, which obviously helped in the formation of the 30 ft. talltidal waves which struck Sri Lanka and India. Mercury, the ruler of prithvitatva, is severely afflicted by a strong Mars, Rahu and retrograde Saturn inthe 8th house. The Sun has the graha drsti of Rahu and most importantly, theMoon is eclipsed and debilitated in the Navamsa lagna. The full Moon occursin the Lagna-7th house axis and we have been taught that the kendras arehigh tide

zones, while the other houses are the low tide areas. Mercury isalso very closely conjunct Venus in Jyeshta...does this have anyimplications?Best regards,Sarbaninameisego [nameisego] Sunday, December 26, 2004 4:12 PMvedic astrology Subject: [vedic astrology] Tsunami/Earthquake and Asian Disaster.......AspredictedLearned friends,Breaking self imposed mauna for Margashirsha, The following is posted.Self is too much pained to post this prediction which is reproduced here.Itis reproduced not to show that it shows self's predictive correctness, BUTAS AN ANSWER TO CRITICS OF THIS GREAT SCIENCE WHO CALL ASTROLOGY AS HUMBUG.IT IS TO SHOW THAT ASTROLOGERS HAVE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.Please remember, that when this was made in June this year, neither Kanchiseer and Math were anywhere near mind nor so many

accidents, disasters wereanticipated by anyone.But Saturn had his own designs.THE POSTING IS REPRODUCED AS UNDER.Dear friends,There are times when an astrologer does not want predictions to come true.This being had posted as a side note on 27th June on VA board, thefollowing,What more changes are coming ? (Not for Atalji) For world and India?kataka Sani transit will bring about misery to people.Taking primordial Rasi chart,Kataka is 4th house; 4th is 8th from 9th soDharma will suffer in next 3 years, religious fanaticism will increase toan untolerable level. womanhood will also suffer.Education will fall under Saturn's grace, sochanges will be brought about in field of education.(NCERT books are beingchanged)Accidents of vehicles, boat disasters and landslides with severeearthquakes will bring

vinasha to nations.Let's pray things will be bearable.Tatavam-Asi""Education will fall under Saturn's grace" were the words used.....who wouldhave anticipated students in school numbering unimaginable 100 would burn todeath?Landslide..... was mentioned. We had a major landslide killing people onBadri-Kedar route.Landslides, accidents of vehicles....etc " was mentioned, we had atleast sixtrain tragedies after this was written.What more do we have in store in near future for Saturn's entry/stay andretro in Cancer ???May God show mercy on people.Tatvam-Asi

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Lakshmi,

I'm relieved to hear you are safe however am just beside myself with waves of total helplessness, not that my presence there would do anyone any good. My little mind is having a dreadful time wrapping around the idea of such great loss. Mind you, I am sure I am not the only one who is dazed. Those poor souls who are in the middle of it and all I can do is chant.

Unfortunately I will not be coming to Mumbia as three trips to India in a row is far too rich for my pocket book. In fact I think it will be a few more years before I physically return however in spirit I am there frequently and will be again at the conference in Mumbia. It would be great to see you and your fine husband again as I am sure he will accompany you again. Know I do think of you all and once again, I am grateful to hear you are safe.

Blessings to you,

Phyllis

lakshmi ramesh [b_lakshmi_ramesh] Monday, December 27, 2004 8:00 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Om Gurave Namah

Namaste Phyllis,

Thanks for your concern and affection. The dimensions of the terrible tragedy are still unfolding and the toll is reaching unnerving proportions. The only thing we can do is to keep praying for both the dead and the alive and, if possible, extend help & moral support for the rescue operations.

I believe that there were minor tremors even in Tirupati and surrounding regions around 8am yesterday, but as I was travelling to Kanchi in the car I had not detected any.

I think the problem was more with scorpio than with cancer.

Coming to Mumbai?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Om Gurave Hamah

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Dear Lakshmi,

Praise the Lord that you are safe. It is interesting to note that the

time around when the first tremor is said to have been felt, Sun lord

of 4th for India Independence chart was in 8th house and Saturn the

yogakaraka had started casting its shadow on the 2nd house of India

independence chart. In the Moksha trikona with respect to current

transit you observe Sun Trining Rahu and Mandi.

Does this have anything to do with the wrongful arrest of H.H. Jayendra

Saraswati? The states involved are same that were involved in the frame

up. It is also interesting to see that H.H. Vijayendra Saraswati was

also called to the Police station in order to humiliate the Mutt, but

the Natural calamity did not allow that to happen.

Chandrashekhar.

lakshmi ramesh wrote:

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Incidentally I was in Kancheepuram yesterday upto 2pm. I went

with my family to worship Mother Kaamaakshi. On my return to Tirupathi

I was shocked to learn about Tsunami and the terrible havoc it caused.

NDTV reported 61 dead in Kanchi.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani

wrote:

Dear

Jyotishis,

Varahamihira in his Brhat Samhita tells us that the earth is divided

into 4

parts and ruled by 4 deities, Wind, Fire, Indra and Varuna. These 4

deities

have the power to cause earthquakes, thereby categorising earthquakes

into 4

different kinds or groups depending upon the causal factor. The 27

naksatras

are divided amongst these 4 groups, and the Wind Group comprises the

naksatras Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Citra, Svati, Punarvasu, Mrgasira and

Asvini. Earthquakes occurring under any of these naksatras will be

caused by

Wind. Similarly for the other groups, like earthquakes occurring under

the

naksatras of the Fire Group will be caused by Fire and so on. The

effects of

the Wind Group of earthquake stretches for over 200 yojanas; i.e. it

has the

most extensive spatial effect compared to other groups. Wind-caused

earthquakes have strong winds, dusty and hazy atmosphere, destruction of

water, forests, herbs and crops, causing much damage to traders and

commerce, among other things. The severity of earthquakes are

determined by

several factors which include eclipses of the Sun and the Moon and

special

Today's earthquake occurred in Mrgasira naksatra, making it a Wind

earthquake. The lagna was Dhanu with the Sun in it, and the tithi, a

very

special Purnima, which obviously helped in the formation of the 30 ft.

tall

prithvi

tatva, is severely afflicted by a strong Mars, Rahu and retrograde

Saturn in

the 8th house. The Sun has the graha drsti of Rahu and most

importantly, the

Moon is eclipsed and debilitated in the Navamsa lagna. The full Moon

occurs

in the Lagna-7th house axis and we have been taught that the kendras are

high tide zones, while the other houses are the low tide areas. Mercury

is

also very closely conjunct Venus in Jyeshta...does this have any

implications?

Best regards,

Sarbani

nameisego [nameisego]

vedic astrology

[vedic astrology] Tsunami/Earthquake and Asian

Disaster.......As

predicted

Learned friends,

Self is too much pained to post this prediction which is reproduced

here.It

is reproduced not to show that it shows self's predictive correctness,

BUT

AS AN ANSWER TO CRITICS OF THIS GREAT SCIENCE WHO CALL ASTROLOGY AS

HUMBUG.

Please remember, that when this was made in June this year, neither

Kanchi

seer and Math were anywhere near mind nor so many accidents, disasters

were

anticipated by anyone.

Dear friends,

There are times when an astrologer does not want predictions to come

true.

following,

Taking primordial Rasi chart,Kataka is 4th house; 4th is 8th from 9th

so

Dharma will suffer in next 3 years, religious fanaticism will increase

to

an untolerable level.

changes will be brought about in field of education.(NCERT books are

being

changed)

Tatavam-Asi"

"Education will fall under Saturn's grace" were the words used.....who

would

have anticipated students in school numbering unimaginable 100 would

burn to

death?

Badri-Kedar route.

Landslides, accidents of vehicles....etc " was mentioned, we had

atleast six

What more do we have in store in near future for Saturn's entry/stay and

retro in Cancer ???

Tatvam-Asi

Dear Phyllis,

Here is a link which can give you all the information.

http://www.newindpress.com/coastalcalamity/News.asp?Topic=-367 & Title= & ID=IE920041227113558 & nDate= & Sub= & Cat= &

Orissa was spared. It is strange that states involved in false arrest

of H.H. Jayendra Saraswati are the worst affected.

Chandrashekhar.

Phyllis Chubb wrote:

Om Gurave Hamah

The news of the great loss due

to the earthquake and Tsunami is horrific to say the least. Some of my

first thoughts go to the city of Puri where SJC is located. I see, in

my mind's eye, all the fishermen out in their boats, all the people

along the shores where I walked last January.

I have not been able to find any

news regarding this area and all I can think of is that Puri is on the

shores of the Bay of Bengal and that is the body of water that was hit.

Can anyone give me news?

Thank you in advance,

Phyllis

lakshmi

ramesh [b_lakshmi_ramesh]

varahamihira

Re: |Sri Varaha| Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Incidentally I was in Kancheepuram yesterday upto 2pm. I went

with my family to worship Mother Kaamaakshi. On my return to Tirupathi

I was shocked to learn about Tsunami and the terrible havoc it caused.

NDTV reported 61 dead in Kanchi.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Dear

Jyotishis,

Varahamihira in his Brhat Samhita tells us that the earth is divided

into 4

parts and ruled by 4 deities, Wind, Fire, Indra and Varuna. These 4

deities

have the power to cause earthquakes, thereby categorising earthquakes

into 4

different kinds or groups depending upon the causal factor. The 27

naksatras

are divided amongst these 4 groups, and the Wind Group comprises the

naksatras Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Citra, Svati, Punarvasu, Mrgasira and

Asvini. Earthquakes occurring under any of these naksatras will be

caused by

Wind. Similarly for the other groups, like earthquakes occurring under

the

naksatras of the Fire Group will be caused by Fire and so on. The

effects of

the Wind Group of earthquake stretches for over 200 yojanas; i.e. it

has the

most extensive spatial effect compared to other groups. Wind-caused

earthquakes have strong winds, dusty and hazy atmosphere, destruction of

water, forests, herbs and crops, causing much damage to traders and

commerce, among other things. The severity of earthquakes are

determined by

several factors which include eclipses of the Sun and the Moon and

special

Today's earthquake occurred in Mrgasira naksatra, making it a Wind

earthquake. The lagna was Dhanu with the Sun in it, and the tithi, a

very

special Purnima, which obviously helped in the formation of the 30 ft.

tall

prithvi

tatva, is severely afflicted by a strong Mars, Rahu and retrograde

Saturn in

the 8th house. The Sun has the graha drsti of Rahu and most

importantly, the

Moon is eclipsed and debilitated in the Navamsa lagna. The full Moon

occurs

in the Lagna-7th house axis and we have been taught that the kendras are

high tide zones, while the other houses are the low tide areas. Mercury

is

also very closely conjunct Venus in Jyeshta...does this have any

implications?

Best regards,

Sarbani

nameisego [nameisego]

vedic astrology

[vedic astrology] Tsunami/Earthquake and Asian

Disaster.......As

predicted

Learned friends,

Self is too much pained to post this prediction which is reproduced

here.It

is reproduced not to show that it shows self's predictive correctness,

BUT

AS AN ANSWER TO CRITICS OF THIS GREAT SCIENCE WHO CALL ASTROLOGY AS

HUMBUG.

Please remember, that when this was made in June this year, neither

Kanchi

seer and Math were anywhere near mind nor so many accidents, disasters

were

anticipated by anyone.

Dear friends,

There are times when an astrologer does not want predictions to come

true.

following,

Taking primordial Rasi chart,Kataka is 4th house; 4th is 8th from 9th

so

Dharma will suffer in next 3 years, religious fanaticism will increase

to

an untolerable level.

changes will be brought about in field of education.(NCERT books are

being

changed)

Tatavam-Asi"

"Education will fall under Saturn's grace" were the words used.....who

would

have anticipated students in school numbering unimaginable 100 would

burn to

death?

Badri-Kedar route.

Landslides, accidents of vehicles....etc " was mentioned, we had

atleast six