IndiaDivine.org

RE: Charakaraka replacement (Was Some Questions)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Kanu,

I will answer your third question by mentioning some key points about Chara Karaka Replacement. Some people in the Vedic-Astrology list has also asked me about it in private so I am marking a copy there as well.

Sanjayji first taught Charakaraka Replacement in the West Coast USA in 2003. If you can get hold of the CD from Lakshmi Kary you will be able to listen to some excellent discussions between the gurus, when he presented the Chara Karaka Replacement paper with lots of examples. Given below are some salient features of the concept:

Parasara gives two chara karaka schemes: 7 and 8. The 7 CK scheme include the planets from Sun to Saturn. When the degrees are the same, Rahu becomes an option to be considered. The 8 CK scheme include the planets from Sun to Rahu. The 8 charakaraka scheme is given by both Parasara and Jaimini, and are the Atmakaraka, Amatyakaraka, Bhratrkaraka, Matrkaraka, Pitrkaraka, Putrakaraka, Gnatikaraka and Darakaraka. In the 7 karaka scheme, there is no Putrakaraka as it is merged with the Matrkaraka. This scheme is used for non-living beings and is suitable for mundane astrology, while the 8 chara karaka scheme is used for natal horoscopy. A reason being that non-living beings do not procreate, hence the dismissal of the Putrakaraka.

When two or more planets are in the same degree, there is a competition between them, as a result of which the planet with the lower degree (minutes in this case actually) gradually displaces the planet with the higher degree. So if there is a battle between Atmakaraka and Amatyakaraka (that is they are in same degrees), the Amk will gradually replace the AK. The AK will thus eventually 'disappear' and the AmK will become the new AK. The slot emptied by the AmK, will be filled by a new AmK. In the 8 CK scheme this is filled by the sthira AmK and in the case of 7 CK scheme it is taken first by Rahu and then by the sthira karaka. Therefore muhurtas for mundane charts should not have such replacements as Rahu will be in action then, and the event is doomed from the beginning. In this manner, one can analyse the replacements of several chara karakas, each having different implications. In natal horoscopy, it signifies major changes in life, sometimes brought about by the death of near and dear ones, as mentioned by Zoran in his post. In the lives of spiritual people, the replacement between AK and AmK heralds major shifts in life. This is the biggest replacement of them all, as compared to those between other chara karakas like Pitr and Matrkarakas etc. In the Quiz chart posted by Dhira Krsna in the Vedic Astrology list, there is one such powerful replacement between AK and AmK. The AK is the Moon, being replaced by the AmK Sun. The Sun will become the new AK and the sthira AmK Jupiter will be come the new chara AmK. The Sun in this chart is also the shubhapati and the Dharmadevata conjoined the AK in the Karakamsha. Very interesting chart indeed and we are all awaiting Dhira Krsna's answer. It will be curious to see what the Sun's mahadasha in 2015 under Dwisaptatisama dasha will bring for the native.

At a deeper level, there are hints about Madhyakheta and Antyakheta, which we should all take a second look into.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sarbani

kanu priya [kanupriya003] Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:26 PMvarahamihira ; Subject: |Sri Varaha| Some Questions.

Om Dakshinamurtaya Namah

Dear Gurus,

I have the following three questions please help me understand better:

1.Will Sun support the UL even if the UL connects to Saturn and Rahu?

2.I know that Rahu and Ketu indicate the end of relationships/marriages in the D 9.How does one use this? How do we count or read this placement to see if the native will have any more relationships or not?

3.I have a few doubts on the Chara karaka replacement.When exactly does this take place? I undertand that a mahurat with CKR is not good as Rahu takes over the empty slots but what about the natal charts?

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Kanupriya.

Celebrate 's 10th Birthday! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Thanks for the very nice write up. I have a stupid doubt now....if AK and Asc degrees are almost the same, then what happens? In ashtakavarga, isn't Asc almost treated like another planet, hence the doubt?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

Dear Kanu,

I will answer your third question by mentioning some key points about Chara Karaka Replacement. Some people in the Vedic-Astrology list has also asked me about it in private so I am marking a copy there as well.

Sanjayji first taught Charakaraka Replacement in the West Coast USA in 2003. If you can get hold of the CD from Lakshmi Kary you will be able to listen to some excellent discussions between the gurus, when he presented the Chara Karaka Replacement paper with lots of examples. Given below are some salient features of the concept:

Parasara gives two chara karaka schemes: 7 and 8. The 7 CK scheme include the planets from Sun to Saturn. When the degrees are the same, Rahu becomes an option to be considered. The 8 CK scheme include the planets from Sun to Rahu. The 8 charakaraka scheme is given by both Parasara and Jaimini, and are the Atmakaraka, Amatyakaraka, Bhratrkaraka, Matrkaraka, Pitrkaraka, Putrakaraka, Gnatikaraka and Darakaraka. In the 7 karaka scheme, there is no Putrakaraka as it is merged with the Matrkaraka. This scheme is used for non-living beings and is suitable for mundane astrology, while the 8 chara karaka scheme is used for natal horoscopy. A reason being that non-living beings do not procreate, hence the dismissal of the Putrakaraka.

When two or more planets are in the same degree, there is a competition between them, as a result of which the planet with the lower degree (minutes in this case actually) gradually displaces the planet with the higher degree. So if there is a battle between Atmakaraka and Amatyakaraka (that is they are in same degrees), the Amk will gradually replace the AK. The AK will thus eventually 'disappear' and the AmK will become the new AK. The slot emptied by the AmK, will be filled by a new AmK. In the 8 CK scheme this is filled by the sthira AmK and in the case of 7 CK scheme it is taken first by Rahu and then by the sthira karaka. Therefore muhurtas for mundane charts should not have such replacements as Rahu will be in action then, and the event is doomed from the beginning. In this manner, one can analyse the replacements of several chara karakas, each having different implications. In natal

horoscopy, it signifies major changes in life, sometimes brought about by the death of near and dear ones, as mentioned by Zoran in his post. In the lives of spiritual people, the replacement between AK and AmK heralds major shifts in life. This is the biggest replacement of them all, as compared to those between other chara karakas like Pitr and Matrkarakas etc. In the Quiz chart posted by Dhira Krsna in the Vedic Astrology list, there is one such powerful replacement between AK and AmK. The AK is the Moon, being replaced by the AmK Sun. The Sun will become the new AK and the sthira AmK Jupiter will be come the new chara AmK. The Sun in this chart is also the shubhapati and the Dharmadevata conjoined the AK in the Karakamsha. Very interesting chart indeed and we are all awaiting Dhira Krsna's answer. It will be curious to see what the Sun's mahadasha in 2015 under Dwisaptatisama dasha will bring for the native.

At a deeper level, there are hints about Madhyakheta and Antyakheta, which we should all take a second look into.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sarbani

kanu priya [kanupriya003] Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:26 PMvarahamihira ; Subject: |Sri Varaha| Some Questions.

Om Dakshinamurtaya Namah

Dear Gurus,

2.I know that Rahu and Ketu indicate the end of relationships/marriages in the D 9.How does one use this? How do we count or read this placement to see if the native will have any more relationships or not?

3.I have a few doubts on the Chara karaka replacement.When exactly does this take place? I undertand that a mahurat with CKR is not good as Rahu takes over the empty slots but what about the natal charts?

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Kanupriya.

Celebrate 's 10th Birthday! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Om Dakshinamurtaye Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Thanks alot for the explantion and the well written note.I remember Sanjay Guruji talking about the 7 and 8 planet scheme in Nagpur last year too.

Best Regards,

Kanupriya.

CSarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

Dear Kanu,

When two or more planets are in the same degree, there is a competition between them, as a result of which the planet with the lower degree (minutes in this case actually) gradually displaces the planet with the higher degree. So if there is a battle between Atmakaraka and Amatyakaraka (that is they are in same degrees), the Amk will gradually replace the AK. The AK will thus eventually 'disappear' and the AmK will become the new AK. The slot emptied by the AmK, will be filled by a new AmK. In the 8 CK scheme this is filled by the sthira AmK and in the case of 7 CK scheme it is taken first by Rahu and then by the sthira karaka. Therefore muhurtas for mundane charts should not have such replacements as Rahu will be in action then, and the event is doomed from the beginning. In this manner, one can analyse the replacements of several chara karakas, each having different implications. In natal

horoscopy, it signifies major changes in life, sometimes brought about by the death of near and dear ones, as mentioned by Zoran in his post. In the lives of spiritual people, the replacement between AK and AmK heralds major shifts in life. This is the biggest replacement of them all, as compared to those between other chara karakas like Pitr and Matrkarakas etc. In the Quiz chart posted by Dhira Krsna in the Vedic Astrology list, there is one such powerful replacement between AK and AmK. The AK is the Moon, being replaced by the AmK Sun. The Sun will become the new AK and the sthira AmK Jupiter will be come the new chara AmK. The Sun in this chart is also the shubhapati and the Dharmadevata conjoined the AK in the Karakamsha. Very interesting chart indeed and we are all awaiting Dhira Krsna's answer. It will be curious to see what the Sun's mahadasha in 2015 under Dwisaptatisama dasha will bring for the native.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sarbani

Om Dakshinamurtaya Namah

Dear Gurus,

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Kanupriya.

Celebrate 's 10th Birthday! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Read only the mail you want - Mail SpamGuard.

Guest guest

Dear Lakshmi,

I discussed your question with Guruji, and he said that he would like to answer it in his book on Atmakaraka in the Frequently Asked Questions section. He also said that there is a lot more to be fine-tuned and worked on where Charakaraka replacement is concerned, and he will write it finally for the book.

Best regards,

Sarbani

lakshmi ramesh [b_lakshmi_ramesh] Friday, March 11, 2005 3:46 PMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Charakaraka replacement (Was Some Questions)

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Thanks for the very nice write up. I have a stupid doubt now....if AK and Asc degrees are almost the same, then what happens? In ashtakavarga, isn't Asc almost treated like another planet, hence the doubt?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Dear Kanu,

When two or more planets are in the same degree, there is a competition between them, as a result of which the planet with the lower degree (minutes in this case actually) gradually displaces the planet with the higher degree. So if there is a battle between Atmakaraka and Amatyakaraka (that is they are in same degrees), the Amk will gradually replace the AK. The AK will thus eventually 'disappear' and the AmK will become the new AK. The slot emptied by the AmK, will be filled by a new AmK. In the 8 CK scheme this is filled by the sthira AmK and in the case of 7 CK scheme it is taken first by Rahu and then by the sthira karaka. Therefore muhurtas for mundane charts should not have such replacements as Rahu will be in action then, and the event is doomed from the beginning. In this manner, one can analyse the replacements of several chara karakas, each having different implications. In natal horoscopy, it signifies major changes in life, sometimes brought about by the death of near and dear ones, as mentioned by Zoran in his post. In the lives of spiritual people, the replacement between AK and AmK heralds major shifts in life. This is the biggest replacement of them all, as compared to those between other chara karakas like Pitr and Matrkarakas etc. In the Quiz chart posted by Dhira Krsna in the Vedic Astrology list, there is one such powerful replacement between AK and AmK. The AK is the Moon, being replaced by the AmK Sun. The Sun will become the new AK and the sthira AmK Jupiter will be come the new chara AmK. The Sun in this chart is also the shubhapati and the Dharmadevata conjoined the AK in the Karakamsha. Very interesting chart indeed and we are all awaiting Dhira Krsna's answer. It will be curious to see what the Sun's mahadasha in 2015 under Dwisaptatisama dasha will bring for the native.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sarbani

Om Dakshinamurtaya Namah

Dear Gurus,

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Kanupriya.

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Oh Sarbani,

I am blessed!

Regards,

LakshmiSarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

Dear Lakshmi,

I discussed your question with Guruji, and he said that he would like to answer it in his book on Atmakaraka in the Frequently Asked Questions section. He also said that there is a lot more to be fine-tuned and worked on where Charakaraka replacement is concerned, and he will write it finally for the book.

Best regards,

Sarbani

lakshmi ramesh [b_lakshmi_ramesh] Friday, March 11, 2005 3:46 PMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Charakaraka replacement (Was Some Questions)

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sarbani,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Dear Kanu,

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sarbani

Om Dakshinamurtaya Namah

Dear Gurus,

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Kanupriya.

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

SARVAM GYANANANDAMAYAM

AUM GURUBYO NAMAH

Dear Lakshmi & Sarbani,

Namaste. When AK & Ascendant have the same degrees it

indicates self actualisation. This is because swamsa

and karakamsa become one and the same. Lagna

represent the ideals and lagnamsa represent that which

are readily available while karakamsa represent the

desires of the soul. Just think of the situation when

Matsyagandhi who was nursing the Sage Parashara was

considered by the sage as the right person to deliver

his idealistic and dharmic product Krisna

dvaipayana(Ved Vyasa). At this point of time i think

he might have chosen that particular ascendant which

synchronises with his Atmakaraka's longitude for the

purpose of continuing his dharmic ideals. The subtle

clue is that the native is most likely to give up his

mortal coil with firm conviction to continue his

ideals through his successor(an amsa of his jeeva).

With respects and warm regards,

Astrologically & Spiritually Yours,

p.s.ramanarayanan.

--- Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

> Dear Lakshmi,

>

> I discussed your question with Guruji, and he said

> that he would like to

> answer it in his book on Atmakaraka in the

> Frequently Asked Questions

> section. He also said that there is a lot more to be

> fine-tuned and worked

> on where Charakaraka replacement is concerned, and

> he will write it finally

> for the book.

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sarbani

>

>

> _____

>

> lakshmi ramesh

> [b_lakshmi_ramesh]

> Friday, March 11, 2005 3:46 PM

> varahamihira

> RE: |Sri Varaha| Charakaraka replacement

> (Was Some Questions)

>

>

> Om Gurave Namah

>

> Dear Sarbani,

>

> Thanks for the very nice write up. I have a stupid

> doubt now....if AK and

> Asc degrees are almost the same, then what happens?

> In ashtakavarga, isn't

> Asc almost treated like another planet, hence the

> doubt?

>

> Regards,

> Lakshmi

>

>

>

> Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

>

> Dear Kanu,

>

> I will answer your third question by mentioning some

> key points about Chara

> Karaka Replacement. Some people in the

> Vedic-Astrology list has also asked

> me about it in private so I am marking a copy there

> as well.

>

> Sanjayji first taught Charakaraka Replacement in the

> West Coast USA in 2003.

> If you can get hold of the CD from Lakshmi Kary you

> will be able to listen

> to some excellent discussions between the gurus,

> when he presented the Chara

> Karaka Replacement paper with lots of examples.

> Given below are some salient

> features of the concept:

>

> 1.

>

> Parasara gives two chara karaka schemes: 7 and 8.

> The 7 CK scheme

> include the planets from Sun to Saturn. When the

> degrees are the same, Rahu

> becomes an option to be considered. The 8 CK scheme

> include the planets from

> Sun to Rahu. The 8 charakaraka scheme is given by

> both Parasara and Jaimini,

> and are the Atmakaraka, Amatyakaraka, Bhratrkaraka,

> Matrkaraka, Pitrkaraka,

> Putrakaraka, Gnatikaraka and Darakaraka. In the 7

> karaka scheme, there is

> no Putrakaraka as it is merged with the Matrkaraka.

> This scheme is used for

> non-living beings and is suitable for mundane

> astrology, while the 8 chara

> karaka scheme is used for natal horoscopy. A reason

> being that non-living

> beings do not procreate, hence the dismissal of the

> Putrakaraka.

> 2.

>

> When two or more planets are in the same degree,

> there is a

> competition between them, as a result of which the

> planet with the lower

> degree (minutes in this case actually) gradually

> displaces the planet with

> the higher degree. So if there is a battle between

> Atmakaraka and

> Amatyakaraka (that is they are in same degrees), the

> Amk will gradually

> replace the AK. The AK will thus eventually

> 'disappear' and the AmK will

> become the new AK. The slot emptied by the AmK, will

> be filled by a new AmK.

> In the 8 CK scheme this is filled by the sthira AmK

> and in the case of 7 CK

> scheme it is taken first by Rahu and then by the

> sthira karaka. Therefore

> muhurtas for mundane charts should not have such

> replacements as Rahu will

> be in action then, and the event is doomed from the

> beginning. In this

> manner, one can analyse the replacements of several

> chara karakas, each

> having different implications. In natal horoscopy,

> it signifies major

> changes in life, sometimes brought about by the

> death of near and dear ones,

> as mentioned by Zoran in his post. In the lives of

> spiritual people, the

> replacement between AK and AmK heralds major shifts

> in life. This is the

> biggest replacement of them all, as compared to

> those between other chara

> karakas like Pitr and Matrkarakas etc. In the Quiz

> chart posted by Dhira

> Krsna in the Vedic Astrology list, there is one such

> powerful replacement

> between AK and AmK. The AK is the Moon, being

> replaced by the AmK Sun. The

> Sun will become the new AK and the sthira AmK

> Jupiter will be come the new

> chara AmK. The Sun in this chart is also the

> shubhapati and the Dharmadevata

> conjoined the AK in the Karakamsha. Very interesting

> chart indeed and we are

> all awaiting Dhira Krsna's answer. It will be

> curious to see what the Sun's

> mahadasha in 2015 under Dwisaptatisama dasha will

> bring for the native.

> 3.

>

> At a deeper level, there are hints about

> Madhyakheta and Antyakheta,

> which we should all take a second look into.

> 4.

>

> Hope this helps.

>

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sarbani

>

>

> _____

>

> kanu priya [kanupriya003]

> Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:26 PM

> varahamihira ;

>

> |Sri Varaha| Some Questions.

>

>

> Om

> Dakshinamurtaya Namah

> Dear Gurus,

> I have the following three

> questions please help me

> understand better:

> 1.Will Sun support the UL even if the UL connects to

> Saturn and Rahu?

> 2.I know that Rahu and Ketu indicate the end of

> relationships/marriages in

> the D 9.How does one use this? How do we count or

> read this placement to see

> if the native will have any more relationships or

> not?

> 3.I have a few doubts on the Chara karaka

> replacement.When exactly does this

> take place? I undertand that a mahurat with CKR is

> not good as Rahu takes

> over the empty slots but what about the natal

> charts?

>

> Thanking you,

> Best Regards,

> Kanupriya.

>

>

>

> _____

>

> Celebrate 's 10th Birthday!

> Netrospective: 100

> <http://birthday./netrospective/>

> Moments of the Web

>

> |Om Tat Sat|

> http://www.varahamihira

>

>

>

>

=== message truncated ===

India Matrimony: Find your life partner online

Go to: http://.shaadi.com/india-matrimony

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Namaste Ram,

That's indeed a lovely explanation about AK and Asc being in the same degrees. But I was not talking about any exalted human being when I asked that question...I was asking about my own self. My AK & Asc are at the same degrees, but in different signs...so karakamsa and lagnamsa are not be the same....but they are connected.

Regards,

Lakshmirama narayanan <sree88ganesha wrote:

SARVAM GYANANANDAMAYAMAUM GURUBYO NAMAHDear Lakshmi & Sarbani,Namaste. When AK & Ascendant have the same degrees itindicates self actualisation. This is because swamsaand karakamsa become one and the same. Lagnarepresent the ideals and lagnamsa represent that whichare readily available while karakamsa represent thedesires of the soul. Just think of the situation whenMatsyagandhi who was nursing the Sage Parashara wasconsidered by the sage as the right person to deliverhis idealistic and dharmic product Krisnadvaipayana(Ved Vyasa). At this point of time i thinkhe might have chosen that particular ascendant whichsynchronises with his Atmakaraka's longitude for thepurpose of continuing his dharmic ideals. The subtleclue is that the native is most likely to give up hismortal coil with firm

conviction to continue hisideals through his successor(an amsa of his jeeva).With respects and warm regards,Astrologically & Spiritually Yours,p.s.ramanarayanan.--- Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote: > Dear Lakshmi,> > I discussed your question with Guruji, and he said> that he would like to> answer it in his book on Atmakaraka in the> Frequently Asked Questions> section. He also said that there is a lot more to be> fine-tuned and worked> on where Charakaraka replacement is concerned, and> he will write it finally> for the book.> > Best regards,> > Sarbani> > > _____ > > lakshmi ramesh> [b_lakshmi_ramesh] > Friday, March 11, 2005 3:46 PM> To:

varahamihira > RE: |Sri Varaha| Charakaraka replacement> (Was Some Questions)> > > Om Gurave Namah> > Dear Sarbani,> > Thanks for the very nice write up. I have a stupid> doubt now....if AK and> Asc degrees are almost the same, then what happens?> In ashtakavarga, isn't> Asc almost treated like another planet, hence the> doubt?> > Regards,> Lakshmi> > > > Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:> > Dear Kanu,> > I will answer your third question by mentioning some> key points about Chara> Karaka Replacement. Some people in the> Vedic-Astrology list has also asked> me about it in private so I am marking a copy there> as well. > > Sanjayji first taught Charakaraka Replacement in the>

West Coast USA in 2003.> If you can get hold of the CD from Lakshmi Kary you> will be able to listen> to some excellent discussions between the gurus,> when he presented the Chara> Karaka Replacement paper with lots of examples.> Given below are some salient> features of the concept:> > 1. > > Parasara gives two chara karaka schemes: 7 and 8.> The 7 CK scheme> include the planets from Sun to Saturn. When the> degrees are the same, Rahu> becomes an option to be considered. The 8 CK scheme> include the planets from> Sun to Rahu. The 8 charakaraka scheme is given by> both Parasara and Jaimini,> and are the Atmakaraka, Amatyakaraka, Bhratrkaraka,> Matrkaraka, Pitrkaraka,> Putrakaraka, Gnatikaraka and Darakaraka. In the 7> karaka scheme, there is> no Putrakaraka

as it is merged with the Matrkaraka.> This scheme is used for> non-living beings and is suitable for mundane> astrology, while the 8 chara> karaka scheme is used for natal horoscopy. A reason> being that non-living> beings do not procreate, hence the dismissal of the> Putrakaraka.> 2. > > When two or more planets are in the same degree,> there is a> competition between them, as a result of which the> planet with the lower> degree (minutes in this case actually) gradually> displaces the planet with> the higher degree. So if there is a battle between> Atmakaraka and> Amatyakaraka (that is they are in same degrees), the> Amk will gradually> replace the AK. The AK will thus eventually> 'disappear' and the AmK will> become the new AK. The slot emptied by the AmK, will>

be filled by a new AmK.> In the 8 CK scheme this is filled by the sthira AmK> and in the case of 7 CK> scheme it is taken first by Rahu and then by the> sthira karaka. Therefore> muhurtas for mundane charts should not have such> replacements as Rahu will> be in action then, and the event is doomed from the> beginning. In this> manner, one can analyse the replacements of several> chara karakas, each> having different implications. In natal horoscopy,> it signifies major> changes in life, sometimes brought about by the> death of near and dear ones,> as mentioned by Zoran in his post. In the lives of> spiritual people, the> replacement between AK and AmK heralds major shifts> in life. This is the> biggest replacement of them all, as compared to> those between other chara> karakas like Pitr and Matrkarakas etc. In the Quiz> chart

posted by Dhira> Krsna in the Vedic Astrology list, there is one such> powerful replacement> between AK and AmK. The AK is the Moon, being> replaced by the AmK Sun. The> Sun will become the new AK and the sthira AmK> Jupiter will be come the new> chara AmK. The Sun in this chart is also the> shubhapati and the Dharmadevata> conjoined the AK in the Karakamsha. Very interesting> chart indeed and we are> all awaiting Dhira Krsna's answer. It will be> curious to see what the Sun's> mahadasha in 2015 under Dwisaptatisama dasha will> bring for the native. > 3. > > At a deeper level, there are hints about> Madhyakheta and Antyakheta,> which we should all take a second look into.> 4. > > Hope this helps.>

> > Best regards,> > Sarbani> > > _____ > > kanu priya [kanupriya003] > Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:26 PM> varahamihira ;> > |Sri Varaha| Some Questions.> > > Om> Dakshinamurtaya Namah> Dear Gurus,> I have the following three> questions please help me> understand better:> 1.Will Sun support the UL even if the UL connects to> Saturn and Rahu?> 2.I know

that Rahu and Ketu indicate the end of> relationships/marriages in> the D 9.How does one use this? How do we count or> read this placement to see> if the native will have any more relationships or> not?> 3.I have a few doubts on the Chara karaka> replacement.When exactly does this> take place? I undertand that a mahurat with CKR is> not good as Rahu takes> over the empty slots but what about the natal> charts?> > Thanking you,> Best Regards,> Kanupriya.> > > > _____ > > Celebrate 's 10th Birthday! > Netrospective: 100 > <http://birthday./netrospective/>> Moments of the Web > > |Om Tat Sat|> http://www.varahamihira > > > > === message truncated === ______________________ India Matrimony: Find your life partner onlineGo to: http://.shaadi.com/india-matrimony|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Dear Ram Narayanan,

Well said.

Chandrashekhar.

rama narayanan wrote:

SARVAM GYANANANDAMAYAM

AUM GURUBYO NAMAH

Dear Lakshmi & Sarbani,

Namaste. When AK & Ascendant have the same degrees it

indicates self actualisation. This is because swamsa

and karakamsa become one and the same. Lagna

represent the ideals and lagnamsa represent that which

are readily available while karakamsa represent the

desires of the soul. Just think of the situation when

Matsyagandhi who was nursing the Sage Parashara was

considered by the sage as the right person to deliver

his idealistic and dharmic product Krisna

dvaipayana(Ved Vyasa). At this point of time i think

he might have chosen that particular ascendant which

synchronises with his Atmakaraka's longitude for the

purpose of continuing his dharmic ideals. The subtle

clue is that the native is most likely to give up his

mortal coil with firm conviction to continue his

ideals through his successor(an amsa of his jeeva).

With respects and warm regards,

Astrologically & Spiritually Yours,

p.s.ramanarayanan.

--- Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

> Dear Lakshmi,

>

> I discussed your question with Guruji, and he said

> that he would like to

> answer it in his book on Atmakaraka in the

> Frequently Asked Questions

> section. He also said that there is a lot more to be

> fine-tuned and worked

> on where Charakaraka replacement is concerned, and

> he will write it finally

> for the book.

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sarbani

>

>

> _____

>

> lakshmi ramesh

> [b_lakshmi_ramesh]

> Friday, March 11, 2005 3:46 PM

> varahamihira

> RE: |Sri Varaha| Charakaraka replacement

> (Was Some Questions)

>

>

> Om Gurave Namah

>

> Dear Sarbani,

>

> Thanks for the very nice write up. I have a stupid

> doubt now....if AK and

> Asc degrees are almost the same, then what happens?

> In ashtakavarga, isn't

> Asc almost treated like another planet, hence the

> doubt?

>

> Regards,

> Lakshmi

>

>

>

> Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

>

> Dear Kanu,

>

> I will answer your third question by mentioning some

> key points about Chara

> Karaka Replacement. Some people in the

> Vedic-Astrology list has also asked

> me about it in private so I am marking a copy there

> as well.

>

> Sanjayji first taught Charakaraka Replacement in the

> West Coast USA in 2003.

> If you can get hold of the CD from Lakshmi Kary you

> will be able to listen

> to some excellent discussions between the gurus,

> when he presented the Chara

> Karaka Replacement paper with lots of examples.

> Given below are some salient

> features of the concept:

>

> 1.

>

> Parasara gives two chara karaka schemes: 7 and 8.

> The 7 CK scheme

> include the planets from Sun to Saturn. When the

> degrees are the same, Rahu

> becomes an option to be considered. The 8 CK scheme

> include the planets from

> Sun to Rahu. The 8 charakaraka scheme is given by

> both Parasara and Jaimini,

> and are the Atmakaraka, Amatyakaraka, Bhratrkaraka,

> Matrkaraka, Pitrkaraka,

> Putrakaraka, Gnatikaraka and Darakaraka. In the 7

> karaka scheme, there is

> no Putrakaraka as it is merged with the Matrkaraka.

> This scheme is used for

> non-living beings and is suitable for mundane

> astrology, while the 8 chara

> karaka scheme is used for natal horoscopy. A reason

> being that non-living

> beings do not procreate, hence the dismissal of the

> Putrakaraka.

> 2.

>

> When two or more planets are in the same degree,

> there is a

> competition between them, as a result of which the

> planet with the lower

> degree (minutes in this case actually) gradually

> displaces the planet with

> the higher degree. So if there is a battle between

> Atmakaraka and

> Amatyakaraka (that is they are in same degrees), the

> Amk will gradually

> replace the AK. The AK will thus eventually

> 'disappear' and the AmK will

> become the new AK. The slot emptied by the AmK, will

> be filled by a new AmK.

> In the 8 CK scheme this is filled by the sthira AmK

> and in the case of 7 CK

> scheme it is taken first by Rahu and then by the

> sthira karaka. Therefore

> muhurtas for mundane charts should not have such

> replacements as Rahu will

> be in action then, and the event is doomed from the

> beginning. In this

> manner, one can analyse the replacements of several

> chara karakas, each

> having different implications. In natal horoscopy,

> it signifies major

> changes in life, sometimes brought about by the

> death of near and dear ones,

> as mentioned by Zoran in his post. In the lives of

> spiritual people, the

> replacement between AK and AmK heralds major shifts

> in life. This is the

> biggest replacement of them all, as compared to

> those between other chara

> karakas like Pitr and Matrkarakas etc. In the Quiz

> chart posted by Dhira

> Krsna in the Vedic Astrology list, there is one such

> powerful replacement

> between AK and AmK. The AK is the Moon, being

> replaced by the AmK Sun. The

> Sun will become the new AK and the sthira AmK

> Jupiter will be come the new

> chara AmK. The Sun in this chart is also the

> shubhapati and the Dharmadevata

> conjoined the AK in the Karakamsha. Very interesting

> chart indeed and we are

> all awaiting Dhira Krsna's answer. It will be

> curious to see what the Sun's

> mahadasha in 2015 under Dwisaptatisama dasha will

> bring for the native.

> 3.

>

> At a deeper level, there are hints about

> Madhyakheta and Antyakheta,

> which we should all take a second look into.

> 4.

>

> Hope this helps.

>

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sarbani

>

>

> _____

>