IndiaDivine.org

Conjunctions in Transit (eclipses - Theory)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranaam Sanjay,

Here are my 2 cents on the events you mentioned.

The solar eclipse of March 1987 was visible neither at your birthplace nor at your place of residence. Why do you then consider it in your analysis?

The same is true for April 8/9, 2005 solar eclipse. It is visible in very few places. It is limited to half of USA (including Washington DC) and most central/south American countries.

Talking about the big changes in your life after 1987, it may also be attributed to the Jupiter-Venus conjunction in May 1987 close to your natal Jupiter's position. When important planetary conjunctions occur in transit close to important natal positions, they trigger important changes and events in life. In your D-10, lagna lord Jupiter and 8th lord Venus are together in 5th and show astrological activities. In D-24, they give a graha malika yoga - Jupiter starts it and Venus ends it. In your D-20, they are together in 9th. Thus, Jupiter and Venus conjunction close to your natal Jupiter's position can trigger important changes in outlook.

In another email, you talked about the dog byte and the eclipse that occurred 5 months before it.

Well, there was a conjunction of Venus and Rahu within 5 deg from your natal lagna on Feb 5, 1969. Rahu is in 8th in D-30 and Venus is the 8th lord in D-30. Thus, conjunction of Venus and Rahu close to lagna shows some physical harm.

Planetary conjunctions and samasaptakas are very important (of course, eclipses are a sub-case of it). When key planets conjoin close to key natal positions, that brings important events.

I find this July-Sept interesting for you. Jupiter transits close to natal Mars position and Mars transits close to natal lagna. You have Jupiter-Mars samasaptaka on 1st/7th axis and they reverse positions in transit. This transit of Jupiter close to natal Mars and gochara sookshma sama saptaka with Mars at the same time can activate the DKY in your chart and give some good results. For all the organizational decisions and moves, that is the perfect time!

Just my 2 cents, to show an alternative approach to look at life events. I hope you find this acceptable.

Your sishya,

Narasimha

> Jaya Jagannatha> Dear Ramdas ji,> Namaste.> > Thank you so much for your reading. I use 360 degree solar year (samvatsara)> for the dasa etc and am under Mercury Sun as per Vimsottari dasa and of> course something else under the Tara dasa (which actually applies to my> chart). This eclipse is what I have waited for a long time -18 years to be> precise when I learnt about these eclipses. I thought that all this was a> *big waste of time* and ignored this completely at that time. Typical of my> Mars aspecting lagna in 16 divisions! Then it was a solar eclipse on March> 1987 (check date JHora gives 29 March) followed by a lunar eclipse in April> 1987 (JHora 14 April).> The following major events happened -> 1. I was very very ill during the eclipse and had chest infection and what> not all.> > 2. Till May 1987 I was not even prepared to talk of things like marriage and> would shout at my mother whenever she even talked of it. For the first time> in August 1987 I agreed that marriage was a necessary evil!!! and then even> got married in 1991.> > 3. I *realised* that engineering was not my cup of tea and decided to become> a government servant! Complete change in thinking and direction of> life/career and started talking of taking the IAS examination.> > 4. I was never into serious sadhana and changed completely and did a Devi> sadhana for 3 years from 1987 December to 1990 December. During this period> whatever I said happened and even things like *don't take the car out right> now dad, it won't come back in one shape* used to happen and the car was> damaged when he stopped at a shop and two bulls fighting with each other> rammed into the car! This was a crazy period when I used to see too many> charts everyday and give all kinds of predictions like *baby going upside> bown and having coil around neck* and all this would happen. Lots of Ganesha> puja...lots is an understatement. I learnt the secrets of Shakti Ganeshai> sadhana. All this for 3 years.> > 5. Strange Jagannatha experience in 1990/91 New Year when I had gone with> Sri P.C.Hota (Purna Hota uncle) to pay annual Happy New Year to Jagannatha.> We both lost sense of time and place and thereafter Jagannatha's name was> always on my lips...my life changed much to the joy and delight of my> Gurudeva. He was always sceptical whether my Mars would ever be controlled> for me to become a Vaishnava (perfectly peaceful one)...or atleast some sort> of a lower creature :) who liked Jagannatha.> > ...the rest you know> > This time again the eclipse occurs on 9 April 2005 and this is followed by a> lunar eclipse on 24 April 2005. > > However the Jupiter is differently placed. Position of Jupiter is crucial> during an eclipse that is to change ones life occuring along (1) Lagna or> Moon or (2) Lagnesha or Surya points. The former case Jupiter is considered> a Vaishnava form like Dattatreya and in the latter he is Shaiva form like> Dakshinamurthy. In the previous eclipse Jupiter was in Pisces and this time> Jupiter is in 7th house. *commets invited*> > This is a very superficial examination and a thorough examination should> cover the totality etc of eclipse, color, direction and entire chart.> Looking forward to your fine inputs in this. I think the health problems are> to take place 6 months *before* the eclipse and not after the eclipse. This> happened in 1987 as well in March 1987. This time also it has happened in> March 2005.> > Your prediction about gains to father seems to be coming true. How did you> get that? Just Mars as 9th lord!! - more later on this. > > Higher knowledge - I am looking forward to that and wish to be at> Bhubaneswar Lingaraja temple on the 9th for the eclipse - Dakshinamurthy.> Then I want to be at Dakshineswara, Kolkata before the cycle is over. Made> train tickets already - left rest on the Lord.> > With best wishes and warm regards,> Sanjay Rath

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Narasimha,

The point is not that we cannot see any or all the events without using the eclipse theory or more technically *rahu-chaara* but to show how this is the higher aspect of the gochara theory. Gochara has been neglected by most people at SJC and I am trying to revive interest in it by starting discussions on such hidden aspects of Gochara. In fact the Delhi conference of 2006 is focused on Gochara.

We have so many dasa systems and I have shown almost all the events/in fact all events using the dasa system. So many of the sishya (many have become Jyotish Gurus now) have become so adept at the various dasa systems and other timing tools.

I want to take the whole body of knowledge into another dimension - Gochara for 2006. Crucial aspects of this Gochara are the transit of the Moon in nakshatra.

With best wishes and warm regards,

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram Hospital Road

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

Narasimha P.V.R. Rao [pvr] Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:19 AMvarahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| Conjunctions in Transit (Re: eclipses - Theory)

Pranaam Sanjay,

Here are my 2 cents on the events you mentioned.

The solar eclipse of March 1987 was visible neither at your birthplace nor at your place of residence. Why do you then consider it in your analysis?

The same is true for April 8/9, 2005 solar eclipse. It is visible in very few places. It is limited to half of USA (including Washington DC) and most central/south American countries.

Talking about the big changes in your life after 1987, it may also be attributed to the Jupiter-Venus conjunction in May 1987 close to your natal Jupiter's position. When important planetary conjunctions occur in transit close to important natal positions, they trigger important changes and events in life. In your D-10, lagna lord Jupiter and 8th lord Venus are together in 5th and show astrological activities. In D-24, they give a graha malika yoga - Jupiter starts it and Venus ends it. In your D-20, they are together in 9th. Thus, Jupiter and Venus conjunction close to your natal Jupiter's position can trigger important changes in outlook.

In another email, you talked about the dog byte and the eclipse that occurred 5 months before it.

Well, there was a conjunction of Venus and Rahu within 5 deg from your natal lagna on Feb 5, 1969. Rahu is in 8th in D-30 and Venus is the 8th lord in D-30. Thus, conjunction of Venus and Rahu close to lagna shows some physical harm.

Planetary conjunctions and samasaptakas are very important (of course, eclipses are a sub-case of it). When key planets conjoin close to key natal positions, that brings important events.

I find this July-Sept interesting for you. Jupiter transits close to natal Mars position and Mars transits close to natal lagna. You have Jupiter-Mars samasaptaka on 1st/7th axis and they reverse positions in transit. This transit of Jupiter close to natal Mars and gochara sookshma sama saptaka with Mars at the same time can activate the DKY in your chart and give some good results. For all the organizational decisions and moves, that is the perfect time!

Just my 2 cents, to show an alternative approach to look at life events. I hope you find this acceptable.

Your sishya,

Narasimha

> Jaya Jagannatha> Dear Ramdas ji,> Namaste.> > Thank you so much for your reading. I use 360 degree solar year (samvatsara)> for the dasa etc and am under Mercury Sun as per Vimsottari dasa and of> course something else under the Tara dasa (which actually applies to my> chart). This eclipse is what I have waited for a long time -18 years to be> precise when I learnt about these eclipses. I thought that all this was a> *big waste of time* and ignored this completely at that time. Typical of my> Mars aspecting lagna in 16 divisions! Then it was a solar eclipse on March> 1987 (check date JHora gives 29 March) followed by a lunar eclipse in April> 1987 (JHora 14 April).> The following major events happened -> 1. I was very very ill during the eclipse and had chest infection and what> not all.> > 2. Till May 1987 I was not even prepared to talk of things like marriage and> would shout at my mother whenever she even talked of it. For the first time> in August 1987 I agreed that marriage was a necessary evil!!! and then even> got married in 1991.> > 3. I *realised* that engineering was not my cup of tea and decided to become> a government servant! Complete change in thinking and direction of> life/career and started talking of taking the IAS examination.> > 4. I was never into serious sadhana and changed completely and did a Devi> sadhana for 3 years from 1987 December to 1990 December. During this period> whatever I said happened and even things like *don't take the car out right> now dad, it won't come back in one shape* used to happen and the car was> damaged when he stopped at a shop and two bulls fighting with each other> rammed into the car! This was a crazy period when I used to see too many> charts everyday and give all kinds of predictions like *baby going upside> bown and having coil around neck* and all this would happen. Lots of Ganesha> puja...lots is an understatement. I learnt the secrets of Shakti Ganeshai> sadhana. All this for 3 years.> > 5. Strange Jagannatha experience in 1990/91 New Year when I had gone with> Sri P.C.Hota (Purna Hota uncle) to pay annual Happy New Year to Jagannatha.> We both lost sense of time and place and thereafter Jagannatha's name was> always on my lips...my life changed much to the joy and delight of my> Gurudeva. He was always sceptical whether my Mars would ever be controlled> for me to become a Vaishnava (perfectly peaceful one)...or atleast some sort> of a lower creature :) who liked Jagannatha.> > ...the rest you know> > This time again the eclipse occurs on 9 April 2005 and this is followed by a> lunar eclipse on 24 April 2005. > > However the Jupiter is differently placed. Position of Jupiter is crucial> during an eclipse that is to change ones life occuring along (1) Lagna or> Moon or (2) Lagnesha or Surya points. The former case Jupiter is considered> a Vaishnava form like Dattatreya and in the latter he is Shaiva form like> Dakshinamurthy. In the previous eclipse Jupiter was in Pisces and this time> Jupiter is in 7th house. *commets invited*> > This is a very superficial examination and a thorough examination should> cover the totality etc of eclipse, color, direction and entire chart.> Looking forward to your fine inputs in this. I think the health problems are> to take place 6 months *before* the eclipse and not after the eclipse. This> happened in 1987 as well in March 1987. This time also it has happened in> March 2005.> > Your prediction about gains to father seems to be coming true. How did you> get that? Just Mars as 9th lord!! - more later on this. > > Higher knowledge - I am looking forward to that and wish to be at> Bhubaneswar Lingaraja temple on the 9th for the eclipse - Dakshinamurthy.> Then I want to be at Dakshineswara, Kolkata before the cycle is over. Made> train tickets already - left rest on the Lord.> > With best wishes and warm regards,> Sanjay Rath|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Dear Sanjayji

I am one of those who uses transits a lot. I timed jobs, marriages etc

by transits.

You wont beleive that last year when saturn moved forward on march 8,

i timed new job or change of job for four guys and all came correct.

best wishes

partha

On Apr 7, 2005 5:02 PM, Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

>

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

> Dear Narasimha,

>

> The point is not that we cannot see any or all the events without using the

> eclipse theory or more technically *rahu-chaara* but to show how this is the

> higher aspect of the gochara theory. Gochara has been neglected by most

> people at SJC and I am trying to revive interest in it by starting

> discussions on such hidden aspects of Gochara. In fact the Delhi conference

> of 2006 is focused on Gochara.

>

> We have so many dasa systems and I have shown almost all the events/in fact

> all events using the dasa system. So many of the sishya (many have become

> Jyotish Gurus now) have become so adept at the various dasa systems and

> other timing tools.

>

> I want to take the whole body of knowledge into another dimension - Gochara

> for 2006. Crucial aspects of this Gochara are the transit of the Moon in

> nakshatra.

>

> With best wishes and warm regards,

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath Center®

> 15B Gangaram Hospital Road

> New Delhi 110060, India

> http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

> * * *

>

> ________________________________

> Narasimha P.V.R. Rao [pvr]

> Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:19 AM

> varahamihira

> |Sri Varaha| Conjunctions in Transit (Re: eclipses - Theory)

>

>

> Pranaam Sanjay,

>

> Here are my 2 cents on the events you mentioned.

>

> The solar eclipse of March 1987 was visible neither at your birthplace nor

> at your place of residence. Why do you then consider it in your analysis?

>

> The same is true for April 8/9, 2005 solar eclipse. It is visible in very

> few places. It is limited to half of USA (including Washington DC) and most

> central/south American countries.

>

> Talking about the big changes in your life after 1987, it may also be

> attributed to the Jupiter-Venus conjunction in May 1987 close to your natal

> Jupiter's position. When important planetary conjunctions occur in transit

> close to important natal positions, they trigger important changes and

> events in life. In your D-10, lagna lord Jupiter and 8th lord Venus are

> together in 5th and show astrological activities. In D-24, they give a graha

> malika yoga - Jupiter starts it and Venus ends it. In your D-20, they are

> together in 9th. Thus, Jupiter and Venus conjunction close to your natal

> Jupiter's position can trigger important changes in outlook.

>

> In another email, you talked about the dog byte and the eclipse that

> occurred 5 months before it.

>

> Well, there was a conjunction of Venus and Rahu within 5 deg from your natal

> lagna on Feb 5, 1969. Rahu is in 8th in D-30 and Venus is the 8th lord in

> D-30. Thus, conjunction of Venus and Rahu close to lagna shows some physical

> harm.

>

> Planetary conjunctions and samasaptakas are very important (of course,

> eclipses are a sub-case of it). When key planets conjoin close to key natal

> positions, that brings important events.

>

> I find this July-Sept interesting for you. Jupiter transits close to natal

> Mars position and Mars transits close to natal lagna. You have Jupiter-Mars

> samasaptaka on 1st/7th axis and they reverse positions in transit. This

> transit of Jupiter close to natal Mars and gochara sookshma sama saptaka

> with Mars at the same time can activate the DKY in your chart and give some

> good results. For all the organizational decisions and moves, that is the

> perfect time!

>

> Just my 2 cents, to show an alternative approach to look at life events. I

> hope you find this acceptable.

>

> Your sishya,

> Narasimha

>

> > Jaya Jagannatha

> > Dear Ramdas ji,

> > Namaste.

> >

> > Thank you so much for your reading. I use 360 degree solar year

> (samvatsara)

> > for the dasa etc and am under Mercury Sun as per Vimsottari dasa and of

> > course something else under the Tara dasa (which actually applies to my

> > chart). This eclipse is what I have waited for a long time -18 years to be

> > precise when I learnt about these eclipses. I thought that all this was a

> > *big waste of time* and ignored this completely at that time. Typical of

> my

> > Mars aspecting lagna in 16 divisions! Then it was a solar eclipse on March

> > 1987 (check date JHora gives 29 March) followed by a lunar eclipse in

> April

> > 1987 (JHora 14 April).

> > The following major events happened -

> > 1. I was very very ill during the eclipse and had chest infection and what

> > not all.

> >

> > 2. Till May 1987 I was not even prepared to talk of things like marriage

> and

> > would shout at my mother whenever she even talked of it. For the first

> time

> > in August 1987 I agreed that marriage was a necessary evil!!! and then

> even

> > got married in 1991.

> >

> > 3. I *realised* that engineering was not my cup of tea and decided to

> become

> > a government servant! Complete change in thinking and direction of

> > life/career and started talking of taking the IAS examination.

> >

> > 4. I was never into serious sadhana and changed completely and did a Devi

> > sadhana for 3 years from 1987 December to 1990 December. During this

> period

> > whatever I said happened and even things like *don't take the car out

> right

> > now dad, it won't come back in one shape* used to happen and the car was

> > damaged when he stopped at a shop and two bulls fighting with each other

> > rammed into the car! This was a crazy period when I used to see too many

> > charts everyday and give all kinds of predictions like *baby going upside

> > bown and having coil around neck* and all this would happen. Lots of

> Ganesha

> > puja...lots is an understatement. I learnt the secrets of Shakti Ganeshai

> > sadhana. All this for 3 years.

> >

> > 5. Strange Jagannatha experience in 1990/91 New Year when I had gone with

> > Sri P.C.Hota (Purna Hota uncle) to pay annual Happy New Year to

> Jagannatha.

> > We both lost sense of time and place and thereafter Jagannatha's name was

> > always on my lips...my life changed much to the joy and delight of my

> > Gurudeva. He was always sceptical whether my Mars would ever be controlled

> > for me to become a Vaishnava (perfectly peaceful one)...or atleast some

> sort

> > of a lower creature :) who liked Jagannatha.

> >

> > ...the rest you know

> >

> > This time again the eclipse occurs on 9 April 2005 and this is followed by

> a

> > lunar eclipse on 24 April 2005.

> >

> > However the Jupiter is differently placed. Position of Jupiter is crucial

> > during an eclipse that is to change ones life occuring along (1) Lagna or

> > Moon or (2) Lagnesha or Surya points. The former case Jupiter is

> considered

> > a Vaishnava form like Dattatreya and in the latter he is Shaiva form like

> > Dakshinamurthy. In the previous eclipse Jupiter was in Pisces and this

> time

> > Jupiter is in 7th house. *commets invited*

> >

> > This is a very superficial examination and a thorough examination should

> > cover the totality etc of eclipse, color, direction and entire chart.

> > Looking forward to your fine inputs in this. I think the health problems

> are

> > to take place 6 months *before* the eclipse and not after the eclipse.

> This

> > happened in 1987 as well in March 1987. This time also it has happened in

> > March 2005.

> >

> > Your prediction about gains to father seems to be coming true. How did you

> > get that? Just Mars as 9th lord!! - more later on this.

> >

> > Higher knowledge - I am looking forward to that and wish to be at

> > Bhubaneswar Lingaraja temple on the 9th for the eclipse - Dakshinamurthy.

> > Then I want to be at Dakshineswara, Kolkata before the cycle is over. Made

> > train tickets already - left rest on the Lord.

> >

> > With best wishes and warm regards,

> > Sanjay Rath

>

>

> |Om Tat Sat|

> http://www.varahamihira

>

>

>

>

> |Om Tat Sat|

>

>

>

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Partha

why should i not believe. you are good no doubt. I am sure you will give a

great article for next years conference on transits.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath CenterR

New Delhi 110060, India

Partha Sarathy [partvinu]

Friday, April 08, 2005 10:23 AM

varahamihira

Re: |Sri Varaha| Conjunctions in Transit (Re: eclipses - Theory)

Dear Sanjayji

I am one of those who uses transits a lot. I timed jobs, marriages etc by

transits.

You wont beleive that last year when saturn moved forward on march 8, i

timed new job or change of job for four guys and all came correct.

best wishes

partha

On Apr 7, 2005 5:02 PM, Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

>

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

> Dear Narasimha,

>

> The point is not that we cannot see any or all the events without

> using the eclipse theory or more technically *rahu-chaara* but to show

> how this is the higher aspect of the gochara theory. Gochara has been

> neglected by most people at SJC and I am trying to revive interest in

> it by starting discussions on such hidden aspects of Gochara. In fact

> the Delhi conference of 2006 is focused on Gochara.

>

> We have so many dasa systems and I have shown almost all the events/in

> fact all events using the dasa system. So many of the sishya (many

> have become Jyotish Gurus now) have become so adept at the various

> dasa systems and other timing tools.

>

> I want to take the whole body of knowledge into another dimension -

> Gochara for 2006. Crucial aspects of this Gochara are the transit of

> the Moon in nakshatra.

>

> With best wishes and warm regards,

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath Center®

> 15B Gangaram Hospital Road

> New Delhi 110060, India

> http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

> * * *

>

> ________________________________

> Narasimha P.V.R. Rao [pvr]

> Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:19 AM

> varahamihira

> |Sri Varaha| Conjunctions in Transit (Re: eclipses - Theory)

>

>

> Pranaam Sanjay,

>

> Here are my 2 cents on the events you mentioned.

>

> The solar eclipse of March 1987 was visible neither at your birthplace

> nor at your place of residence. Why do you then consider it in your

analysis?

>

> The same is true for April 8/9, 2005 solar eclipse. It is visible in

> very few places. It is limited to half of USA (including Washington

> DC) and most central/south American countries.

>

> Talking about the big changes in your life after 1987, it may also be

> attributed to the Jupiter-Venus conjunction in May 1987 close to your

> natal Jupiter's position. When important planetary conjunctions occur

> in transit close to important natal positions, they trigger important

> changes and events in life. In your D-10, lagna lord Jupiter and 8th

> lord Venus are together in 5th and show astrological activities. In

> D-24, they give a graha malika yoga - Jupiter starts it and Venus ends

> it. In your D-20, they are together in 9th. Thus, Jupiter and Venus

> conjunction close to your natal Jupiter's position can trigger important

changes in outlook.

>

> In another email, you talked about the dog byte and the eclipse that

> occurred 5 months before it.

>

> Well, there was a conjunction of Venus and Rahu within 5 deg from your

> natal lagna on Feb 5, 1969. Rahu is in 8th in D-30 and Venus is the

> 8th lord in D-30. Thus, conjunction of Venus and Rahu close to lagna

> shows some physical harm.

>

> Planetary conjunctions and samasaptakas are very important (of course,

> eclipses are a sub-case of it). When key planets conjoin close to key

> natal positions, that brings important events.

>

> I find this July-Sept interesting for you. Jupiter transits close to

> natal Mars position and Mars transits close to natal lagna. You have

> Jupiter-Mars samasaptaka on 1st/7th axis and they reverse positions in

> transit. This transit of Jupiter close to natal Mars and gochara

> sookshma sama saptaka with Mars at the same time can activate the DKY

> in your chart and give some good results. For all the organizational

> decisions and moves, that is the perfect time!

>

> Just my 2 cents, to show an alternative approach to look at life

> events. I hope you find this acceptable.

>

> Your sishya,

> Narasimha

>

> > Jaya Jagannatha

> > Dear Ramdas ji,

> > Namaste.

> >

> > Thank you so much for your reading. I use 360 degree solar year

> (samvatsara)

> > for the dasa etc and am under Mercury Sun as per Vimsottari dasa and

> > of course something else under the Tara dasa (which actually applies

> > to my chart). This eclipse is what I have waited for a long time -18

> > years to be precise when I learnt about these eclipses. I thought

> > that all this was a *big waste of time* and ignored this completely

> > at that time. Typical of

> my

> > Mars aspecting lagna in 16 divisions! Then it was a solar eclipse on

> > March

> > 1987 (check date JHora gives 29 March) followed by a lunar eclipse

> > in

> April

> > 1987 (JHora 14 April).

> > The following major events happened - 1. I was very very ill during

> > the eclipse and had chest infection and what not all.

> >

> > 2. Till May 1987 I was not even prepared to talk of things like

> > marriage

> and

> > would shout at my mother whenever she even talked of it. For the

> > first

> time

> > in August 1987 I agreed that marriage was a necessary evil!!! and

> > then

> even

> > got married in 1991.

> >

> > 3. I *realised* that engineering was not my cup of tea and decided

> > to

> become

> > a government servant! Complete change in thinking and direction of

> > life/career and started talking of taking the IAS examination.

> >

> > 4. I was never into serious sadhana and changed completely and did a

> > Devi sadhana for 3 years from 1987 December to 1990 December. During

> > this

> period

> > whatever I said happened and even things like *don't take the car

> > out

> right

> > now dad, it won't come back in one shape* used to happen and the car

> > was damaged when he stopped at a shop and two bulls fighting with

> > each other rammed into the car! This was a crazy period when I used

> > to see too many charts everyday and give all kinds of predictions

> > like *baby going upside bown and having coil around neck* and all

> > this would happen. Lots of

> Ganesha

> > puja...lots is an understatement. I learnt the secrets of Shakti

> > Ganeshai sadhana. All this for 3 years.

> >

> > 5. Strange Jagannatha experience in 1990/91 New Year when I had gone

> > with Sri P.C.Hota (Purna Hota uncle) to pay annual Happy New Year to

> Jagannatha.

> > We both lost sense of time and place and thereafter Jagannatha's

> > name was always on my lips...my life changed much to the joy and

> > delight of my Gurudeva. He was always sceptical whether my Mars

> > would ever be controlled for me to become a Vaishnava (perfectly

> > peaceful one)...or atleast some

> sort

> > of a lower creature :) who liked Jagannatha.

> >

> > ...the rest you know

> >

> > This time again the eclipse occurs on 9 April 2005 and this is

> > followed by

> a

> > lunar eclipse on 24 April 2005.

> >

> > However the Jupiter is differently placed. Position of Jupiter is

> > crucial during an eclipse that is to change ones life occuring along

> > (1) Lagna or Moon or (2) Lagnesha or Surya points. The former case

> > Jupiter is

> considered

> > a Vaishnava form like Dattatreya and in the latter he is Shaiva form

> > like Dakshinamurthy. In the previous eclipse Jupiter was in Pisces

> > and this

> time

> > Jupiter is in 7th house. *commets invited*

> >

> > This is a very superficial examination and a thorough examination

> > should cover the totality etc of eclipse, color, direction and entire

chart.

> > Looking forward to your fine inputs in this. I think the health

> > problems

> are

> > to take place 6 months *before* the eclipse and not after the eclipse.

> This

> > happened in 1987 as well in March 1987. This time also it has

> > happened in March 2005.

> >

> > Your prediction about gains to father seems to be coming true. How

> > did you get that? Just Mars as 9th lord!! - more later on this.

> >

> > Higher knowledge - I am looking forward to that and wish to be at

> > Bhubaneswar Lingaraja temple on the 9th for the eclipse -

Dakshinamurthy.

> > Then I want to be at Dakshineswara, Kolkata before the cycle is

> > over. Made train tickets already - left rest on the Lord.

> >

> > Sanjay Rath

>

>

> |Om Tat Sat|

>

>

>

>

> |Om Tat Sat|

>

>

>

Guest guest

Pranaam Sanjay,

I agree on the need to focus on transits. If you notice what I am saying, I too am speaking of transits! For example, Venus and Rahu are associated with 8th in your D-30 and their conjunction close to your lagna gave a bad event (dog bite). That's a transit only.

Eclipses are a sub-case of transits. Classics contain precious little about judging eclipse effects on individual horoscopes and much of what you mentioned is, to my knowledge, speculative (if not, please correct me).

For example, I have a problem accepting your research based on lagna at the time of eclipse start for two reasons:

(1) You are taking eclipses that are not visible at the birthplace and place of residence. They are technically not supposed have an impact on a person.

(2) You are taking the global start time of the eclipse. Unlike lunar eclipses, solar eclipses last a long time. The eclipse may be active at one place at one time and at another place at another. The global solar eclipse start time given by JHora is the earliest time at which eclipse starts at some place or the other (not necessarily at the place of interest). We should be concerned about the local solar eclipse time instead of the global one.

In general, I am wary of elevating speculative researches to the level of "higher aspect". We need some introspection regarding how we conduct and present researches at SJC.

Instead of eclipses, it will be great if we can discuss the truly higher aspects of transits, such as divisional transits, Bhrigu transits etc.

Moon's transit in nakshatras is definitely useful, but it is for refining the predictions. Moon comes to a nakshatra once every month. We need to identify other transits first.

Rahu chaara is different. If you say that Rahu is transiting in so and so nakshatra and so and so navamsa and hence so and so result, I have no problem with that. But, taking the lagna at the start of an eclipse and using it is speculative. It doesn't mean it is wrong, but we should be cautious in drawing conclusions.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha-------------------------------Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org-------------------------------

> Jaya Jagannatha> Dear Narasimha,> > The point is not that we cannot see any or all the events without using the> eclipse theory or more technically *rahu-chaara* but to show how this is the> higher aspect of the gochara theory. Gochara has been neglected by most> people at SJC and I am trying to revive interest in it by starting> discussions on such hidden aspects of Gochara. In fact the Delhi conference> of 2006 is focused on Gochara.> > We have so many dasa systems and I have shown almost all the events/in fact> all events using the dasa system. So many of the sishya (many have become> Jyotish Gurus now) have become so adept at the various dasa systems and> other timing tools.> > I want to take the whole body of knowledge into another dimension - Gochara> for 2006. Crucial aspects of this Gochara are the transit of the Moon in> nakshatra.> > With best wishes and warm regards,> Sanjay Rath

> Pranaam Sanjay,> > Here are my 2 cents on the events you mentioned.> > The solar eclipse of March 1987 was visible neither at your birthplace nor> at your place of residence. Why do you then consider it in your analysis?> > The same is true for April 8/9, 2005 solar eclipse. It is visible in very> few places. It is limited to half of USA (including Washington DC) and most> central/south American countries.> > Talking about the big changes in your life after 1987, it may also be> attributed to the Jupiter-Venus conjunction in May 1987 close to your natal> Jupiter's position. When important planetary conjunctions occur in transit> close to important natal positions, they trigger important changes and> events in life. In your D-10, lagna lord Jupiter and 8th lord Venus are> together in 5th and show astrological activities. In D-24, they give a graha> malika yoga - Jupiter starts it and Venus ends it. In your D-20, they are> together in 9th. Thus, Jupiter and Venus conjunction close to your natal> Jupiter's position can trigger important changes in outlook.> > In another email, you talked about the dog byte and the eclipse that> occurred 5 months before it.> > Well, there was a conjunction of Venus and Rahu within 5 deg from your natal> lagna on Feb 5, 1969. Rahu is in 8th in D-30 and Venus is the 8th lord in> D-30. Thus, conjunction of Venus and Rahu close to lagna shows some physical> harm.> > Planetary conjunctions and samasaptakas are very important (of course,> eclipses are a sub-case of it). When key planets conjoin close to key natal> positions, that brings important events.> > I find this July-Sept interesting for you. Jupiter transits close to natal> Mars position and Mars transits close to natal lagna. You have Jupiter-Mars> samasaptaka on 1st/7th axis and they reverse positions in transit. This> transit of Jupiter close to natal Mars and gochara sookshma sama saptaka> with Mars at the same time can activate the DKY in your chart and give some> good results. For all the organizational decisions and moves, that is the> perfect time!> > Just my 2 cents, to show an alternative approach to look at life events. I> hope you find this acceptable.> > Your sishya,> Narasimha

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha Garu

Though your mail is addressed to Sanjayji, allow me to give a few points.

Though i have not done much research on eclipses, whatever cases i

have found are remarkable and astonishing to say the least.

For example a person has this year eclipse on his natal sun, and he is

heading for a divorce. There is going to be a huge event in his life,

and it is amply clear. I have ofcourse predicted to him that his

situation will improve after Chandra grahana and it may not as

terrible as it is at present.

Eclipse on lagna/lagnesh i am not so sure(Due to lack of research)

But eclipse of SUN is definitely to be considered irrespective of " the

sight of eclipse in the place of birth.

My reasoning

Sun represents the ATMA, and ATMA is present everywhere.

I myself underwent a huge transformation after the December 4 Eclipse

of 2002. On December 6th i had a dream, and on December 10th i

recieved the Guru mantra.

best wishes

partha

On 4/13/05, Narasimha P.V.R. Rao <pvr wrote:

> Pranaam Sanjay,

>

> I agree on the need to focus on transits. If you notice what I am saying, I

> too am speaking of transits! For example, Venus and Rahu are associated with

> 8th in your D-30 and their conjunction close to your lagna gave a bad event

> (dog bite). That's a transit only.

>

> Eclipses are a sub-case of transits. Classics contain precious little about

> judging eclipse effects on individual horoscopes and much of what you

> mentioned is, to my knowledge, speculative (if not, please correct me).

>

> For example, I have a problem accepting your research based on lagna at the

> time of eclipse start for two reasons:

>

> (1) You are taking eclipses that are not visible at the birthplace and place

> of residence. They are technically not supposed have an impact on a person.

>

> (2) You are taking the global start time of the eclipse. Unlike lunar

> eclipses, solar eclipses last a long time. The eclipse may be active at one

> place at one time and at another place at another. The global solar eclipse

> start time given by JHora is the earliest time at which eclipse starts at

> some place or the other (not necessarily at the place of interest). We

> should be concerned about the local solar eclipse time instead of the global

> one.

>

> In general, I am wary of elevating speculative researches to the level of

> " higher aspect " . We need some introspection regarding how we conduct and

> present researches at SJC.

>

> Instead of eclipses, it will be great if we can discuss the truly higher

> aspects of transits, such as divisional transits, Bhrigu transits etc.

>

> Moon's transit in nakshatras is definitely useful, but it is for refining

> the predictions. Moon comes to a nakshatra once every month. We need to

> identify other transits first.

>

> Rahu chaara is different. If you say that Rahu is transiting in so and so

> nakshatra and so and so navamsa and hence so and so result, I have no

> problem with that. But, taking the lagna at the start of an eclipse and

> using it is speculative. It doesn't mean it is wrong, but we should be

> cautious in drawing conclusions.

>

> May Jupiter's light shine on us,

> Narasimha

> -------------------------------

> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3):

> http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

> Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

> -------------------------------

> > Jaya Jagannatha

> > Dear Narasimha,

> >

> > The point is not that we cannot see any or all the events without using

> the

> > eclipse theory or more technically *rahu-chaara* but to show how this is

> the

> > higher aspect of the gochara theory. Gochara has been neglected by most

> > people at SJC and I am trying to revive interest in it by starting

> > discussions on such hidden aspects of Gochara. In fact the Delhi

> conference

> > of 2006 is focused on Gochara.

> >

> > We have so many dasa systems and I have shown almost all the events/in

> fact

> > all events using the dasa system. So many of the sishya (many have become

> > Jyotish Gurus now) have become so adept at the various dasa systems and

> > other timing tools.

> >

> > I want to take the whole body of knowledge into another dimension -

> Gochara

> > for 2006. Crucial aspects of this Gochara are the transit of the Moon in

> > nakshatra.

> >

> > Sanjay Rath

>

> > Pranaam Sanjay,

> >

> > Here are my 2 cents on the events you mentioned.

> >

> > The solar eclipse of March 1987 was visible neither at your birthplace nor

> > at your place of residence. Why do you then consider it in your analysis?

> >

> > The same is true for April 8/9, 2005 solar eclipse. It is visible in very

> > few places. It is limited to half of USA (including Washington DC) and

> most

> > central/south American countries.

> >

> > Talking about the big changes in your life after 1987, it may also be

> > attributed to the Jupiter-Venus conjunction in May 1987 close to your

> natal

> > Jupiter's position. When important planetary conjunctions occur in transit

> > close to important natal positions, they trigger important changes and

> > events in life. In your D-10, lagna lord Jupiter and 8th lord Venus are

> > together in 5th and show astrological activities. In D-24, they give a

> graha

> > malika yoga - Jupiter starts it and Venus ends it. In your D-20, they are

> > together in 9th. Thus, Jupiter and Venus conjunction close to your natal

> > Jupiter's position can trigger important changes in outlook.

> >

> > In another email, you talked about the dog byte and the eclipse that

> > occurred 5 months before it.

> >

> > Well, there was a conjunction of Venus and Rahu within 5 deg from your

> natal

> > lagna on Feb 5, 1969. Rahu is in 8th in D-30 and Venus is the 8th lord in

> > D-30. Thus, conjunction of Venus and Rahu close to lagna shows some

> physical

> > harm.

> >

> > Planetary conjunctions and samasaptakas are very important (of course,

> > eclipses are a sub-case of it). When key planets conjoin close to key

> natal

> > positions, that brings important events.

> >

> > I find this July-Sept interesting for you. Jupiter transits close to natal

> > Mars position and Mars transits close to natal lagna. You have

> Jupiter-Mars

> > samasaptaka on 1st/7th axis and they reverse positions in transit. This

> > transit of Jupiter close to natal Mars and gochara sookshma sama saptaka

> > with Mars at the same time can activate the DKY in your chart and give

> some

> > good results. For all the organizational decisions and moves, that is the

> > perfect time!

> >

> > Just my 2 cents, to show an alternative approach to look at life events. I

> > hope you find this acceptable.

> >

> > Your sishya,

> > Narasimha

>

>

> |Om Tat Sat|

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Partha garu,

When eclipses occur in the natal rasis/nakshatras of key planets,

they are known to bring key events and I have seen elders use this.

Depending on the nature and relationship of the planets involved, it

can be good or bad events. I have no problem with using eclipses in

relation to the natal charts by using the natal rasis, nakshatras,

navamsas, dasamsas etc of planets.

My objection was to using the lagna at the time of the start of an

eclipse. In particular, my objection was to using the global solar

eclipse start time rather than the local one.

If the eclipse start chart is made for the capital of a nation

(assuming the eclipse is visible there) and readings are made from

it, I have no issue with that. For example, a lunar eclipse started

at Washington DC on Oct 27, 2004 when the 5th degree of Gemini was

rising. The 3rd lord Sun was debilitated and afflicted by Ketu. The

10th lord Jupiter was free from affliction and was aspecting 10th.

So the ruling party did well in the elections and the opposition

party (Democrats) experienced a rout.

I have nothing against using eclipses in manushya jataka. But one

must proceed cautiously when speculating and forming principles.

There are other gochara principles that are less speculative and

stood the test of time. We should master them first.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

-------------------------------

Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC): http://www.SriJagannath.org

-------------------------------

> Dear Narasimha Garu

>

> Though your mail is addressed to Sanjayji, allow me to give a few

points.

> Though i have not done much research on eclipses, whatever cases i

> have found are remarkable and astonishing to say the least.

>

> For example a person has this year eclipse on his natal sun, and

he is

> heading for a divorce. There is going to be a huge event in his

life,

> and it is amply clear. I have ofcourse predicted to him that his

> situation will improve after Chandra grahana and it may not as

> terrible as it is at present.

>

> Eclipse on lagna/lagnesh i am not so sure(Due to lack of research)

> .

> But eclipse of SUN is definitely to be considered irrespective

of " the

> sight of eclipse in the place of birth.

>

> My reasoning

> Sun represents the ATMA, and ATMA is present everywhere.

>

> I myself underwent a huge transformation after the December 4

Eclipse

> of 2002. On December 6th i had a dream, and on December 10th i

> recieved the Guru mantra.

> best wishes

> partha

>

> > Pranaam Sanjay,

> >

> > I agree on the need to focus on transits. If you notice what I

am saying, I

> > too am speaking of transits! For example, Venus and Rahu are

associated with

> > 8th in your D-30 and their conjunction close to your lagna gave

a bad event

> > (dog bite). That's a transit only.

> >

> > Eclipses are a sub-case of transits. Classics contain precious

little about

> > judging eclipse effects on individual horoscopes and much of

what you

> > mentioned is, to my knowledge, speculative (if not, please

correct me).

> >

> > For example, I have a problem accepting your research based on

lagna at the

> > time of eclipse start for two reasons:

> >

> > (1) You are taking eclipses that are not visible at the

birthplace and place

> > of residence. They are technically not supposed have an impact

on a person.

> >

> > (2) You are taking the global start time of the eclipse. Unlike

lunar

> > eclipses, solar eclipses last a long time. The eclipse may be

active at one

> > place at one time and at another place at another. The global

solar eclipse

> > start time given by JHora is the earliest time at which eclipse

starts at

> > some place or the other (not necessarily at the place of

interest). We

> > should be concerned about the local solar eclipse time instead

of the global

> > one.

> >

> > In general, I am wary of elevating speculative researches to the

level of

> > " higher aspect " . We need some introspection regarding how we

conduct and

> > present researches at SJC.

> >

> > Instead of eclipses, it will be great if we can discuss the

truly higher

> > aspects of transits, such as divisional transits, Bhrigu

transits etc.

> >

> > Moon's transit in nakshatras is definitely useful, but it is for

refining

> > the predictions. Moon comes to a nakshatra once every month. We

need to

> > identify other transits first.

> >

> > Rahu chaara is different. If you say that Rahu is transiting in

so and so

> > nakshatra and so and so navamsa and hence so and so result, I

have no

> > problem with that. But, taking the lagna at the start of an

eclipse and

> > using it is speculative. It doesn't mean it is wrong, but we

should be

> > cautious in drawing conclusions.

> >

> > May Jupiter's light shine on us,

> > Narasimha

> > -------------------------------

> > Free Jyotish lessons (MP3):

> > http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

> > Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> > SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

> > -------------------------------

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Narasimha

Most of what I have mentioned is quoted from Brihat Samhita and is published in the Jyotish digest with the quotes. What I have mentioned in addition is the use of the lagna.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

Narasimha P.V.R. Rao [pvr] Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:49 AMvarahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| Re: Conjunctions in Transit (Re: eclipses - Theory)

Pranaam Sanjay,

I agree on the need to focus on transits. If you notice what I am saying, I too am speaking of transits! For example, Venus and Rahu are associated with 8th in your D-30 and their conjunction close to your lagna gave a bad event (dog bite). That's a transit only.

Eclipses are a sub-case of transits. Classics contain precious little about judging eclipse effects on individual horoscopes and much of what you mentioned is, to my knowledge, speculative (if not, please correct me).

For example, I have a problem accepting your research based on lagna at the time of eclipse start for two reasons:

(1) You are taking eclipses that are not visible at the birthplace and place of residence. They are technically not supposed have an impact on a person.

(2) You are taking the global start time of the eclipse. Unlike lunar eclipses, solar eclipses last a long time. The eclipse may be active at one place at one time and at another place at another. The global solar eclipse start time given by JHora is the earliest time at which eclipse starts at some place or the other (not necessarily at the place of interest). We should be concerned about the local solar eclipse time instead of the global one.

In general, I am wary of elevating speculative researches to the level of "higher aspect". We need some introspection regarding how we conduct and present researches at SJC.

Instead of eclipses, it will be great if we can discuss the truly higher aspects of transits, such as divisional transits, Bhrigu transits etc.

Moon's transit in nakshatras is definitely useful, but it is for refining the predictions. Moon comes to a nakshatra once every month. We need to identify other transits first.

Rahu chaara is different. If you say that Rahu is transiting in so and so nakshatra and so and so navamsa and hence so and so result, I have no problem with that. But, taking the lagna at the start of an eclipse and using it is speculative. It doesn't mean it is wrong, but we should be cautious in drawing conclusions.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha-------------------------------Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org-------------------------------

> Jaya Jagannatha> Dear Narasimha,> > The point is not that we cannot see any or all the events without using the> eclipse theory or more technically *rahu-chaara* but to show how this is the> higher aspect of the gochara theory. Gochara has been neglected by most> people at SJC and I am trying to revive interest in it by starting> discussions on such hidden aspects of Gochara. In fact the Delhi conference> of 2006 is focused on Gochara.> > We have so many dasa systems and I have shown almost all the events/in fact> all events using the dasa system. So many of the sishya (many have become> Jyotish Gurus now) have become so adept at the various dasa systems and> other timing tools.> > I want to take the whole body of knowledge into another dimension - Gochara> for 2006. Crucial aspects of this Gochara are the transit of the Moon in> nakshatra.> > With best wishes and warm regards,> Sanjay Rath

> Pranaam Sanjay,> > Here are my 2 cents on the events you mentioned.> > The solar eclipse of March 1987 was visible neither at your birthplace nor> at your place of residence. Why do you then consider it in your analysis?> > The same is true for April 8/9, 2005 solar eclipse. It is visible in very> few places. It is limited to half of USA (including Washington DC) and most> central/south American countries.> > Talking about the big changes in your life after 1987, it may also be> attributed to the Jupiter-Venus conjunction in May 1987 close to your natal> Jupiter's position. When important planetary conjunctions occur in transit> close to important natal positions, they trigger important changes and> events in life. In your D-10, lagna lord Jupiter and 8th lord Venus are> together in 5th and show astrological activities. In D-24, they give a graha> malika yoga - Jupiter starts it and Venus ends it. In your D-20, they are> together in 9th. Thus, Jupiter and Venus conjunction close to your natal> Jupiter's position can trigger important changes in outlook.> > In another email, you talked about the dog byte and the eclipse that> occurred 5 months before it.> > Well, there was a conjunction of Venus and Rahu within 5 deg from your natal> lagna on Feb 5, 1969. Rahu is in 8th in D-30 and Venus is the 8th lord in> D-30. Thus, conjunction of Venus and Rahu close to lagna shows some physical> harm.> > Planetary conjunctions and samasaptakas are very important (of course,> eclipses are a sub-case of it). When key planets conjoin close to key natal> positions, that brings important events.> > I find this July-Sept interesting for you. Jupiter transits close to natal> Mars position and Mars transits close to natal lagna. You have Jupiter-Mars> samasaptaka on 1st/7th axis and they reverse positions in transit. This> transit of Jupiter close to natal Mars and gochara sookshma sama saptaka> with Mars at the same time can activate the DKY in your chart and give some> good results. For all the organizational decisions and moves, that is the> perfect time!> > Just my 2 cents, to show an alternative approach to look at life events. I> hope you find this acceptable.> > Your sishya,> Narasimha|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Pranaam Sanjay,

> What I have mentioned in addition is> the use of the lagna.

And, that's what I have a problem with. I remain unconvinced by the examples you gave.

In particular, I question the use of global solar eclipse start time instead of the local solar eclipse start time.

Your sishya,

Narasimha

> Jaya Jagannatha> Dear Narasimha> Most of what I have mentioned is quoted from Brihat Samhita and is published> in the Jyotish digest with the quotes. What I have mentioned in addition is> the use of the lagna.> With best wishes and warm regards,> Sanjay Rath

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Narasimha

Namaste and thanks for the fine input. Brilliant as usual.

Pranaam Sanjay,

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to engage like this with you!

> Please substantiate your statement wth examples of having eclipses over> natal planet positions and houses.

Take LK Advani. On 2004 May 5, there was a lunar eclipse visible in India. It was a "Ketu grasta sampoorna Chandra grahanam". Ketu was in Swathi constellation. In Advani's natal chart, lagna and GL lord was in Swathi. His life changed after the eclipse. The deputy Prime Minister of India lost power soon after the eclipse.[sanjay Rath:] The solar eclipse of April 19, 2004 was in Aswini with Rahu (bhoga) in Aswini and Ketu (renunciation/loss) in Swati. The lunar eclipse of May 5 2004 actually followed ths solar eclipse and hence people born with natal Sun in Aswini nakshatra would have a great Rajyoga following this eclipse. In fact the real result of the eclipse is reversed for the natal Sun or Moon. If the solar eclipse is followed by lunar eclipse and is over the natal Sun nakshatra then good results follow whereas if this is over the natal Moon nakshatra then evil follows. The reverse is also true.

In the case of Advani the problem was that his natal Moon is in Aswini and the evlipse of the Sun followed by that of the Moon was focused on Aswini (where the Sun was eclipsed) and this causes a terrible illusion during which the battle is lost.

I cannot accept that GL lord is the cause of fall of power due to the eclipse as I have been using Saravali statement that Sun starts Rajayoga and Moon sustains Rajayoga, hence the importance of eclipse.

Note that the eclipse lagna of the global solar eclipse for his birth station was in Virgo which is his 11th house, conjunct debilitated maraka Venus and is in the 12th house from natal Sun...you can easily add the rest.

On 1998 March 13, there was a lunar eclipse visible where I lived. Moon was eclipsed by Rahu and Rahu was transiting over the exact natal longitude of Ketu. In the 7th from Moon and Rahu, Jupiter and Ketu were conjoined within 1.5 deg in the sign containing AK in the natal chart! This eclipse activated my 11th lord and AK (Moon) and Ketu fully. A couple of weeks from the eclipse, you sent me a mail saying that you were accepting me as a student! That was a pivotal event in my Jyotish pursuit.[sanjay Rath:] The solar eclipse of February 26, 1998 was in Kumbha Rasi which is the natal Moon sign for the both of us. For me it is my 5th lord in 12th house and activates a *giving of knowledge* to the Moon Sishya which will free me from a great karmic debt. For you it is the 11th lord and Atmakaraka and shows gains (11th Lord) and AK shows spirituality related. This solar eclipse was in Satabhisaj nakshatra which is our janma nakshatra. The solar eclipse of Feb 26 was followed by a lunar eclipse of Mar 13. Since this is over the natal Moon then the *bhoga* shall be low and the *moksha* shall be high or in simple words a relationship is going to be activated where we will not be indulging in mundane or material things and more towards the spiritual things/learning.

LAGNA: In Machilipatnam when the solar eclipse occured the lagna rising was Libra which is the sign having your natal Jupiter...I think you should start considering this. Maybe slowly.

In Indira Gandhi's natal chart, 2nd and 3rd lords are together in the constellation of Anooradha in Scorpio, the 8th house from AL. A couple of months before her assassination, Moon was eclipsed by Ketu (it was visible in New Delhi). Ketu was in Anooradha star.[sanjay Rath:] Did you check the natal Sun position and eclipse on the Sun. Also you have gone a few steps further to using AL and houses from AL for examination of eclipse results. I will not comment on this without verifying the same on a number of charts. So far I have used simple rules and natural significations (karaka) only.

My uderstanding of the eclipse factor is that the arudha is annulled due to its effect and the strength of illusion is diminished, so I really don;t know whether we should be using the Arudha Lagna. Perhaps the arudha will change in future due to the eclipse activating the lord of AL or Moon in a positive way - here Moon is the karaka of Arudha and when the eclipse of the Moon is after the solar eclipse then the Arudha rises stronger than the Satya of the lagna - thats why enjoyment and bhoga occurs. Thats the principle behind the solar + lunar checking for natal Sun and natal Moon eclipses.

> Now if we are going to use eclipses in> houses, can we ignore the fact that the eclipse is occuring at a particular> day and time.

Perhaps we can. Or perhaps we cannot. I don't know. This needs thoroguh investigation using lagna, hora, kaala and other parameters. But I don't buy the logic you gave using lagna in your eclipse examples.[sanjay Rath:] I gave very simplistic examples. See Advani's case and see other charts where the lagna is used when the solar eclipse is considered. Start has to be simple and we can grow as the basics become clear.

> Visibility is important and this has to be taken into consideration but then> the part anf the day and other factors listed in my paper are also crucial.

If an eclipse is not visible, sastras say that it is ineffective and need not be bothered about. So I consider visibility the primary criterion.[sanjay Rath:] Not necessarily. Visibilit affects the government even if it does not show up in the chart of the king, on the other hand even if it is not visible but affects the vital tripod of life it shall affect the native. Visibility as a profound effect on world events while even if not visible the natal chart is going to be affected although to a lessor degree.

> Visibility is important and this has to be taken into consideration but then> the part anf the day and other factors listed in my paper are also crucial.> My question is when you are considering the Sun and Moon as the signs for> the eclipse, why are you ignoring the thir leg of the tripod - the lagna.> What is the reason.

The reason is simple. Even when we use normal transits, we mainly use the transits of Sun, Moon and other planets and don't really look at lagna in transit charts. Why should then the lagna at the start of an eclipse matter?[sanjay Rath:] No I use transit lagna just like the transit of the others. See how people die only when the Mrityupada is activated by the Satya of the transit Lagna. Tansit Lagna is Satya itself and we cannot ignore this. Try to keep track of major events of your life and the lagna when this happened and which arudha was activated and which destroyed by the Satya bala of the transit lagna.

When a new lunar/solar new year starts, we use that lagna and judge planetary positions from it to predict a nation's fortune. I find it logical to do the same thing with eclipse charts.

But we don't use the lagna of the lunar/solar new year chart and see which house it is from an individual's natal lagna. I don't see the logic behind your approach with respect to eclipses either.

When we take natal longitudes afflicted by nodes at an eclipse, I find it logical to include lagna along with luminaries and other planets. However, when it comes to taking transit position, I find the focus on lagna strange. We should be focussing on the positions of Rahu and Ketu primarily, luminaries secondarily and other planets tertiarily.

> Can I ask which elder you saw using the eclipse theory? What was it that you> saw being used in the eclipse theory and how? It is the how that is> important and a crucial part of our examination now.

Where I come from, astrologers advise people to be cautious when eclipses occur in the natal constellations of Moon or Sun or lagna. I have seen my father see the natal positions close to eclipse positions of nodes and also see alleviating factors like Jupiter's aspects etc.[sanjay Rath:] I should have guessed. You see all thisknowledge has been hidden away in oral traditions of the east India which was relatively left untouched by the ravages in North and other parts of India.

Jupiters alleviation is crucial for the eclipse of the Sun and Venus is the protecton during lunar eclipse...keep this in constant thought as they can completely alter the reading.

Your sishya,

Narasimha

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India