IndiaDivine.org

Multiple replies (Chart of Pope Benedict XVI/Shri Narasimha)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste friends,

I will quickly try to respond to multiple mails on multiple lists. These days I've been really busy and cannot give a more detailed reply. I may not actually be able to give any further replies on this thread.

> Can you explain why you have given TZ 2 for Marktl, Germany? At 12 degrees > East from Greenwich it is in TZ 1.

Gordon, I may be wrong. If the timezone should be 1:00, please change the birthtime to 6:33:40 am to 5:33:40 am.

Bottomline is: I did not know the time and rectified lagna in rasi and various divisions by retro-fitting.

> You wrote:> Interestingly, it is now Mars antardasa in Venus mahadasa! > Please check, it is Sat Mahadasa and Moon Antardasa.

Praveen, you are right. There is a bug in my software in the second cycle of Shashtihayani dasa. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll fix this.

Technically, BTW, whether we can use Shashtihayani dasa after the age of 60 has passed is debatable. The same holds for other dasas.

> It has been observed that the Rashi chakra was not given due respect> during your analysis.Results were decided on the basis of varga -> which is derived from Rashi chakra.> > As thousands of students are observing this analysis - Pls make it> clear is it possible to deduce results from varga of a planet/lagna> alone.When Panditji had questioned a similar analysis on saptamsha -> One could find Ms.Sarbani Sarkar rushing in and correcting -> Significance of Rashi chakra.I would be pleased to know if you hold a> different position.

Pradeep, because you asked, I will clarify MY position.

For perfection, multiple divisional charts should be judged together. We are often doing imperfect astrology for the sake of simplicity and look at only one chart. The best answer is not any single chart, but a combination of charts.

But, if I have to choose a single chart, I'll choose the applicable varga (e.g. D-10 for career, D-24 for education etc) rather than the rasi chart. Though imperfect, it works way better for me than rasi chart alone.

While combining rasi with divisions leads to better results, it is still away from perfection. Perfection can come only when shashtyamsa (D-60) is understood correctly and used.

When Parasara defined the matters seen in various divisions (e.g. physical matters in rasi, financial matters in D-2, professional matters in D-10), he said that "everything" is seen in D-60. Also in vimsopaka bala computation of dasa varga, D-60 gets a higher weightage than rasi and navamsa combined!

I am fully convinced that the Jyotish is an imperfect subject and just an art as long as one ignores D-60, which was given so much importance by Parasara. Jyotish can be established as a science only when we master D-60.

> Kalyan verma states - one who is not considering the vargas cannot> make good predictions.What does this mean? Doesn't it mean that there> is someother place - (other than vargas) - to read the results? Which> is this other MAIN place? Is it not the Rashi chakra? Division by> meaning should have a main to get divided.So which is this main?If we> consider Rashi chakra as the first division - then where is the main?

Rasi is a divisional chart too. It is one of the vargas according to Parasara.

There is nothing called main and secondary. If you ask me to pick the most important divisional chart, I'll pick D-60. As I mentioned above, Parasara said everything can be seen in D-60 and gave it more weightage than rasi and navamsa combined, when defining dasa varga vimsopaka bala.

> Dear Pradeep,> Correct ! If we apply common sense, we can see Vargas repeating

> with lagna as it is a few hours before. Only the Moon changes its

Vargas do not exactly repeat. Different divisions have different patterns. The navamsa, dasamsa, vimsamsa, chaturvimsamsa and shashtyamsa combination I identified in Aries rasi lagna does not repeat in Pisces rasi or Taurus rasi.

> position fast. Then, touchstone of any predictive principle is advance

> predictions, which they always elude. Veteran astrologers of Jyotish

> Group like Shri K.N.Rao and Satya Prakash ji too advised them, but

> of no avail. A whole generation is being misguided. Most unfortunate !

> But then, as Shri K.N.Rao says, it is the will of the God.

It is quite presumptuous of some to believe that "a whole generation is being misguided". Whether a generation is being misguided or guided in the correct direction to fully discover the teachings of maharshis and establish astrology as a science is something that the coming generations will judge. Neither I nor you are in a position to pre-judge it.

Let me do my work and you do your work. There is no need to talk about misguided generations.

> [Visti] Parasara states that if eighth lord is well placed or even exalted,> then longevity will be long – This is also applied in the method of three> pairs. You may argue that the eighth lord when strong will cause problems,> but Harihara states in Prasna Marga, that when the planets are strong they> will give their auspicious results – he states that this applies to both> natal and prasna charts. Further being Vara lord and in the fifth house, it> means the digestive fire is excellent and excellent health is promised. This> is not the problem.

Visti, I do not look at only the placement of vaaresha but also the ownership of the vaaresha. If the weekday lord in a muhurta happens to be randhresha, I do not consider it auspicious. This is just my view and not explicitly granted by classics. If you have a different view, I can respect it.

> [Visti] What is your current view on the use of the arudha lagna in the> calculation of vaisheshikamsa?

Hmm, I don't have any view. I spent so much time mulling over Parasara's vaiseshikamsa clause "swaaroodhaat kendra naathaanaam vargaah graahyaah sudheemataa", but could not come to a conclusion.

When I wrote that Sun is in Brahmalokamsa in Pope Benedict XVI's chart, I did not use the "swaaroodhaat" criterion. I used only the standard definition and ignoring the additional clause.

When Lord Dakshinamurthy blesses me, I will understand this clause correctly. When I do, I will share my understanding with all. For now, I have no view.

> [Visti] In concur with your choice for the popes chart – good rectification.

Thank you very much Visti. I am glad a Jyotish scholar of your knowledge and abilities has concurred with my rectification.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha-------------------------------Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org-------------------------------