IndiaDivine.org

Some issues and new chairman

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Prabodh and SJC,

The latest thing happening is *NJC* which I think can mean *NOT Jagannath Center* or Nagpur Class of some organisation. Let me again spell out some of the ehical principles by which we have associated at the *Sri Jagannath Center*.

1. The body SJC is totally non-political and is *not* a religious or quasi-religious body.

In other words we are not affiliated to any religious organisation and are apolitical. Although I am personally a believer that Sri Chaitanya is *Mahaprabhu* or an amsa-avatar of the Lord and believe in Sri Krishna as the Yuga avatara I have not enforced this view on anyone and have adhered to the secular principle that all believers of all religions and castes and creeds are welcome. Buddhists like Phyllis Chubb are as welcome as Shiva followers like Zoran or Shakti worshippers like Sarbani and Freedom. Muslims like Muhammad Imran and many true Christians have added great learning value by sharing their deep understanding of the Jyotish principles and have shown how this has been useful for them in understanding their religion and spiritualpath. That is what SJC was meant to be and to that extent we have an open house that has successfully catered to such a diverse group.

The NJC website is seen as being promoted by a certain religious sect. Although we have utmost respect for the Kanchi Sankaracharya, the SJC is not affiliated to the Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham even though various members of SJC have often supported the Kanchi Math in various capacities.

http://.org/education/devavrata.htm

Please note that Dewavrata Buit is the head of SJC Nagpur and is also the secretary of SJCERC. He has not been teaching for SJC Nagpur (and may do so in future if time permits) and free classes are being conducted by Prabodh who has learnt well from SJC.

2. In view of the above, Sri Chandrasekhar is welcome to start his own organisation and have whatever political or religious affiliation he so desires but cannot do so so long as he is a Jyotish Guru of SJC. He is requested to kindly consider these issues and take suitable steps. It was a pleasure to have his association at SJC for whatever time and hope that we can continue to share our knowledge.

3. I have asked Prabodh to make the necessary changes in the website he has made for the purpose of the classes. In fact such a website is not necessary for the present.

4. Let me make it very clear that to the best of my knowledge Sri Jayendra Saraswati or the Kanchi Matt does not have any affiliation with anyone as they are a very old institution set up for the learning and holding the knowledge of the Vedas. If anyone has any claims to any such affiliation they can take this with them and SJC continues to be secular and spiritual.

I will be travelling again today and will access the web after 14 days. Kindly realise that I have done my bit in starting SJC and have held strong to some of these principles. Time has come for changes and when I return these changes will surely take place.

NEW CHAIRMAN of SJC

We are considering a new Chairman for SJC as I have done 5 years and democratic principles demand that a new person has to take the reigns. I request the Jyotish Gurus to start personal discussions (not in this list) about this change and perhaps arrive at a consensus to the next incumbant from 2005-2010. I want the new chairman to be elected before 15 May 2005.

I will continue as a Jyotish Guru and will show to the world that a true Jyotish is not attached to the headship nor to the position but to his dharma instead. None of the present day *big names* are willing to give up their position and cling to their chairs. This is wrong and not democratic. Every person can and should be replaced as fresh blood keeps the organisation alive. I am suggesting some names -

(a) Ramdas Rao

(b) PVR Narasimha Rao

© Brendan Feeley

(d) Robert Koch

(e) Visti Larsen

With best wishes and warm regards,

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram Hospital Road

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162