IndiaDivine.org

Chart of Pope Benedict XVI

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste friends,

> I see no-one has commented on the appointment today of the new pope.

My best wishes to our catholic friends on this auspicious occasion of Pope Benedit XVI's Urbi et Orbi blessing!

The time at which he seems to have accepted his election is:

2005 April 19

17:50 (TZ: 2:00 east)

Vatican, Italy (41n54, 12e2)

Moon: 9Le18, Asc: 12Vi11

Lagna has Jupiter and Ketu in it. This is auspicious for spreading the genuine knowledge of some parampara (tradition/lineage).

The five panchanga elements correspond to five elements. Vaara (weekday) corresponds to agni tattva (fire). Thus, vaara bala (weekday strength) is important for longevity. Weekday lord is Mars. He is the exalted 8th lord. It does not suggest that this papacy will last long.

More importantly, there is chara karaka parivartana!!! Mars at 27Cp45 is AK (chara atma karaka) and 27Ge12 is the AmK (chara amatya karaka). Though Mars is the AK at the beginning, he will be replaced by Saturn in due course. Such a replacement of chara karakas, especially involving AK, is considered very inauspicious. It shows a change of guard in a short time.

So I am afraid that this papacy will be quite short-lived.

Now let us look at the chart of Pope himself. According to the Holy See website, The Holy Father was born on 1927 April 16 in Marktl, Germany. In a radio program I heard this evening, a Floridan theologian who was Holy Father's student said he was born in the morning on the Holy Saturday in 1927 and was baptised on the Easter morning. I saw that Aries and Taurus can be the rising signs and feel that Aries must be correct. I feel that lagna should be Ge in navamsa and dasamsa, Le in vimsamsa and Ta in shashtyamsa. The birthdata I am taking is:

1927 April 166:33:40 am ( TZ: 2:00)Marktl, Germany (12e5, 48n15)

Aries rises with exalted Sun in it. This makes him a strong, authoritative and enterprising person. That Sun is in Brahmalokamsa (occupies own/exaltation/moolatrikona sign in 8 out of 10 vargas). Whether one agress with his views and teachings or not, he is undoubtedly a man of great intellect and character (assuming the chart is correct). A planet in Brahmalokamsa in a quadrant shows a person of the stature of maharshis.

Navamsa has Jupiter and Ketu in lagna, showing. Pope John Paul II had kartari of Jupiter and Ketu on lagna in navamsa. Pope Benedict XVI has Jupiter and Ketu in lagna in navamsa. This shows that his dharma (navamsa) involves spreading traditional religious knowledge (Jupiter) coming in a lineage (Ketu).

In dasamsa, Gemini rises. The 10th lord Jupiter is in a dasamsa ruled by Ananta (shows spiritual rise) and the 10th house has exalted 5th/12th lord Venus, who is in a dasamsa ruled by Isaana. Isaana is an auspicioud form Shiva and planets in Isaana's dasamsa show religious professions. You can see planets in Isaana's dasamsa involved with lagna or 10th house in dasamsa in the chart of Pope John Paul II and several Shankaracharyas too!

The 5th lord Venus in Isaana's dasamsa in 10th house shows a passionate (rajasik - Venus) priest and religious preacher (Isaana). Lagna and 4 planets in a dasamsa ruled by Yama show a disciplinarian. Yama [Dharmaraja] is the keeper of dharma in Hinduism. Planets in Yama's dasamsa show discipline and impassionate and unemotional adherence of dharma. He is a disciplinarian and an impassionate keeper of dharma.

In dwadasamsa (D-12), Ge rises. The 9th house is Aq and should be taken as lagna to see father. The 10th from Aq is Sc. It is empty and Mars owns it. His father was a police officer.

As he has Sun in lagna, Shashtihayani dasa applies. During Saturn-Mars antardasa, he was called was called into the auxiliary anti-aircraft service in Germany. In D-10 (chart of profession), Saturn and Mars (two malefics) are in 6th and 3rd houses. Especially, Mars is the 6th lord in 3rd with Rahu in Yama's dasamsa. Such a Mars can show work in the military. Thus, Mars antardasa made him a military man.

During 1946-1951, he studied philosophy and theology. This corresponds to Rahu's shashtihayani dasa (1946-1952). In D-24 (chart of education), the 4th house shows basic education, 9th house (6th from 4th) shows specialized education such as bachelor's degree and the 2nd house (6th from 9th) shows focussed study such as masters. Rahu is the 2nd lord in 2nd and shows master's degree in some Aquarian subjects (such as philosophy). No wonder it happened in Rahu dasa.

Next dasa was that of Jupiter. Jupiter is the 12th lord in D-24 and shows giving knowledge. He is the 10th lord in D-10 and occupies 6th. Thus, he shows teaching profession. He was teaching fundamental theology for most of Jupiter dasa.

In the next dasa of Sun, he became well-known thru various publications and papers. Sun is the exalted 3rd lord in D-10 and shows writing.

In March 1977, he was elected as the Archbishop of Munich and Freising. In June 1977, he was proclaimed Cardinal by Pope Paul VI. Both were during Mars-Venus antardasa. Mars is in GL (ghatika lagna) in D-10. He is also in A5. While the 5th house shows the intangible abilities, its arudha pada shows a tangible expression/manifestation of abilities. Venus is the exalted 5th lord. Mars is in A5 and Venus is the 5th lord. So he had several achievements and recognitions during this antardasa!!

Interestingly, it is now Mars antardasa in Venus mahadasa! Mars-Venus made him a cardinal. Venus-Mars made him a pope! He became a teacher in Jupiter mahadasa and he became a Dean of the college of cardinals in Jupiter antardasa in Venus mahadasa.

I am reasonably comfortable with the speculative birthdata I presented in this article and shashtihayani dasa seems to work brilliantly in this case.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha-------------------------------Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

SJC website: http://www.SriJagannath.org-------------------------------