IndiaDivine.org

Delineating horoscope by way of Rasi charts and Bhava charts - resultant confusion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear David

You have presented an interesting scenarion while delineating your point. The Rasi chart is the kalapurusha and is God or Narayana. So when we draw the chart of the heavens and have the rasi chart based on signs (drawn using tropical chart called Vishnu chakra minus ayanamsa to get niryana or Narayana chakra), we are essentially looking at Prajapati, the creator and trying to understand what He is up to.

Bhava is a function of the mana and hence the name has been used by the seers to show how the mind in its entirely thinks and believes the world to be a circle when in reality it is not so. In the process the delination and understanding of life is warped by the mana to explain away things. This is the bhava chakra.

The Bhava chakra is very important to determine the impact of a planet on an environment specified by the bhava. For example, if a planet is in Bhava madhya then the planet has a stranglehold on the bhava and will dictate almost all affairs of the Bhava whereas if the planet is in bhava sandhi then it does not have too uch say on the affairs of the Bhava. Take the chart of William Rehnquist for example (see srath.com for chart) there you will find Jupiter almost conjunct the lagna cusp making it a very strong influence on the lagna, so strong that the effects of Scorpio should be considerably diluted. So instead of Scorpio in Lagna, Jupiter in lagna will show better indication of the nature of the lagna.

When a planet changes houses in the bhava chart then it causes the native to believe that it is connected with matters other than what is indicated by the Rasi chart. Such a belief can trigger wrong faith and cause pain when the native realises the truth. In the case you cite, there is no nicabhanga for Guru, yet the native believes that there is nicabhanga and that Jupiter is well placed. This is wrong faith and although matters pertaining to the houses ruled by Jupiter will be getting destroyed, yet the native will keep playing the fiddle in the belief that all is going to get well.

Planets in Bhava madhya are more crucial than others as they can completely alter the thinking of a person. For example, the Pisces Lagna has Leo in the 6th house and Pisces represents great rishi's who have a terrible ego problem. The hindu scriptures are full of instances where at the drop of a hat they lost their temper and delivered terrible curses. Now I too have such a lagna and fortunately Mercury is in the 6th house in bhava madhya (almost conjunct bhava madhya) indicating tat in matters of war and battles I will believe in non-violence and compromise. So you see how Mercury in 6th House is dominating the MIND instead of Leo in 6th house. Now it is another issue that Sun and Mars have Papakartari on that Mercury and can be terrible instigators.

I hope the situation is clarified. In view of the use of the bhava chart as delinated above, it is important to realise that the Parasari Bhava system is correct with the lagna as the bhava madhya (mid portion) and 15 deg either side as the bhava border. Every bhava is separated from its adjoining bhava by 30 deg of arc.

With best wishes and warm regards,

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram Hospital Road

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

David Andrews [andrews635] Monday, May 30, 2005 9:45 PMGajapati Subject: [Gajapati] Delineating horoscope by way of Rasi charts and Bhava charts - resultant confusion

Dear Gurus and learned members,

I am sorry if this message is a repeat for some of you. As there are conflicting issues may Gurus and learned members please study this problem and clarify matters.

I notice that delineation of a horoscope is done by way of Rasi charts as well as Bhava charts. This has led to a lot of confusion to me and I would not be surprised if others are also likewise confused.

I have often wondered why talk of Bhava charts when Rasi Chart will suffice. I have often sought an answer to this question and have looked into books on astrology but they offer no clue. Most of the books take the Rasi chart to delineate a horoscope, whereas Dr. B. V. Raman' s book, "How to Judge a Horoscope" Bhava charts are used.

The confusion became compounded when I had to deal with a debilitated planet in a chart and tried to see whether there is cancellation of debilitation. The debilitated planet is Jupiter in Capricorn. The dispositor of Capricorn is Saturn and it is posited there. If the dispositor is in a quadrant from either Lagna or the Moon, then cancellation of debilitation results. Unfortunately, Moon is in Virgo and therefore there is no nexus between Moon and the dispositor of the debilitated planet.

If I were to take the Bhava chart cancellation of debilitation results as Moon is in Libra and the dispositor where Jupiter is debilitated is in a quadrant to the Moon.

Notice here the movement of planets between the Rasi and Bhava charts. If one were to take the aspects of planets from both these charts, the effect in each case would be different and would bring about conflicting results

I would appreciate if Gurus and learned members help clarify in which cases Rasi and Bhava charts are used so as to dispel the confusion once and for all.

Thank you for patiently reading through this lengthy email.

David

!

Guest guest

|Om Gurave Namah|

Pranaam Guruji,

I have tried to meditate on your email and based on my understanding a planet is bhava madhya is so strong that it overpowers the qualities of the rasi that it is placed in. Planets in bhava sandhi have no influence on the house even though the native might think that it does have an influence.

For example my AK Sa is in bhava sandhi of my 2nd/3rd houses (Aries/Taurus). My Rasi chart places it in Ar and my Bhava chart places it in Ta. Please help me clear the confusion related to the next statement. Based on this, although I think Sa is well placed in Ta (house of a friend), it is not because it is technically placed in Ar(house of greatest enemy). But although it is placed in Ar, it has very little influence on the 2nd house

Please guide me.

Thank you

Sincerely,SupritiSanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear David

You have presented an interesting scenarion while delineating your point. The Rasi chart is the kalapurusha and is God or Narayana. So when we draw the chart of the heavens and have the rasi chart based on signs (drawn using tropical chart called Vishnu chakra minus ayanamsa to get niryana or Narayana chakra), we are essentially looking at Prajapati, the creator and trying to understand what He is up to.

Bhava is a function of the mana and hence the name has been used by the seers to show how the mind in its entirely thinks and believes the world to be a circle when in reality it is not so. In the process the delination and understanding of life is warped by the mana to explain away things. This is the bhava chakra.

The Bhava chakra is very important to determine the impact of a planet on an environment specified by the bhava. For example, if a planet is in Bhava madhya then the planet has a stranglehold on the bhava and will dictate almost all affairs of the Bhava whereas if the planet is in bhava sandhi then it does not have too uch say on the affairs of the Bhava. Take the chart of William Rehnquist for example (see srath.com for chart) there you will find Jupiter almost conjunct the lagna cusp making it a very strong influence on the lagna, so strong that the effects of Scorpio should be considerably diluted. So instead of Scorpio in Lagna, Jupiter in lagna will show better indication of the nature of the lagna.

When a planet changes houses in the bhava chart then it causes the native to believe that it is connected with matters other than what is indicated by the Rasi chart. Such a belief can trigger wrong faith and cause pain when the native realises the truth. In the case you cite, there is no nicabhanga for Guru, yet the native believes that there is nicabhanga and that Jupiter is well placed. This is wrong faith and although matters pertaining to the houses ruled by Jupiter will be getting destroyed, yet the native will keep playing the fiddle in the belief that all is going to get well.

Planets in Bhava madhya are more crucial than others as they can completely alter the thinking of a person. For example, the Pisces Lagna has Leo in the 6th house and Pisces represents great rishi's who have a terrible ego problem. The hindu scriptures are full of instances where at the drop of a hat they lost their temper and delivered terrible curses. Now I too have such a lagna and fortunately Mercury is in the 6th house in bhava madhya (almost conjunct bhava madhya) indicating tat in matters of war and battles I will believe in non-violence and compromise. So you see how Mercury in 6th House is dominating the MIND instead of Leo in 6th house. Now it is another issue that Sun and Mars have Papakartari on that Mercury and can be terrible instigators.

I hope the situation is clarified. In view of the use of the bhava chart as delinated above, it is important to realise that the Parasari Bhava system is correct with the lagna as the bhava madhya (mid portion) and 15 deg either side as the bhava border. Every bhava is separated from its adjoining bhava by 30 deg of arc.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

David Andrews [andrews635] Monday, May 30, 2005 9:45 PMGajapati Subject: [Gajapati] Delineating horoscope by way of Rasi charts and Bhava charts - resultant confusion

I am sorry if this message is a repeat for some of you. As there are conflicting issues may Gurus and learned members please study this problem and clarify matters.

I notice that delineation of a horoscope is done by way of Rasi charts as well as Bhava charts. This has led to a lot of confusion to me and I would not be surprised if others are also likewise confused.

I have often wondered why talk of Bhava charts when Rasi Chart will suffice. I have often sought an answer to this question and have looked into books on astrology but they offer no clue. Most of the books take the Rasi chart to delineate a horoscope, whereas Dr. B. V. Raman' s book, "How to Judge a Horoscope" Bhava charts are used.

The confusion became compounded when I had to deal with a debilitated planet in a chart and tried to see whether there is cancellation of debilitation. The debilitated planet is Jupiter in Capricorn. The dispositor of Capricorn is Saturn and it is posited there. If the dispositor is in a quadrant from either Lagna or the Moon, then cancellation of debilitation results. Unfortunately, Moon is in Virgo and therefore there is no nexus between Moon and the dispositor of the debilitated planet.

If I were to take the Bhava chart cancellation of debilitation results as Moon is in Libra and the dispositor where Jupiter is debilitated is in a quadrant to the Moon.

Notice here the movement of planets between the Rasi and Bhava charts. If one were to take the aspects of planets from both these charts, the effect in each case would be different and would bring about conflicting results

I would appreciate if Gurus and learned members help clarify in which cases Rasi and Bhava charts are used so as to dispel the confusion once and for all.

David

! |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Discover Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news more. Check it out!

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Supriti

Excellent..why did you stop communicating the full mail - stop talking (saturn in 2nd) or stop writing (saturn in 3rd). OK think about how this affects your speech or food or say family and also how it affects your siblings, enterprise.

Tey answering these questions with Yes or No.

Do you think you are capable?

Do you eat stale food or cold food or have very poor eating habits?

Do you speak lies all the time? or maybe sometimes?

Do you find that what you say sometimes, maybe very negative, comes true!

Do you find that those who have done bad to yu gradually get destroyed...do you relish this or have you ever done anything to make this happen?

....think about questions in these lines, about life and how all this works.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

Supriti Majumdar [supriti15] Saturday, June 04, 2005 8:20 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Delineating horoscope by way of Rasi charts and Bhava charts - resultant confusion

|Om Gurave Namah|

Pranaam Guruji,

I have tried to meditate on your email and based on my understanding a planet is bhava madhya is so strong that it overpowers the qualities of the rasi that it is placed in. Planets in bhava sandhi have no influence on the house even though the native might think that it does have an influence.

For example my AK Sa is in bhava sandhi of my 2nd/3rd houses (Aries/Taurus). My Rasi chart places it in Ar and my Bhava chart places it in Ta. Please help me clear the confusion related to the next statement. Based on this, although I think Sa is well placed in Ta (house of a friend), it is not because it is technically placed in Ar(house of greatest enemy). But although it is placed in Ar, it has very little influence on the 2nd house

Please guide me.

Thank you

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear David

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

David

Discover Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news & more. Check it out!

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sanjay,

Does this mean that based on the qualities of the bhavas or results we can actually judge if the planet is giving results in lagna or the second house [or any of the two houses in question]? I too have Jupiter AK in lagna which moves to my second house Pisces in Bhava chart.How ever you have often mentioned about the effects of my Jupiter in lagna, so how exactly do I read this?

Best Regards,

Kanupriya.

www.jyotirmayi.com

Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Supriti

Excellent..why did you stop communicating the full mail - stop talking (saturn in 2nd) or stop writing (saturn in 3rd). OK think about how this affects your speech or food or say family and also how it affects your siblings, enterprise.

Tey answering these questions with Yes or No.

Do you think you are capable?

Do you eat stale food or cold food or have very poor eating habits?

Do you speak lies all the time? or maybe sometimes?

Do you find that what you say sometimes, maybe very negative, comes true!

Do you find that those who have done bad to yu gradually get destroyed...do you relish this or have you ever done anything to make this happen?

....think about questions in these lines, about life and how all this works.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

Supriti Majumdar [supriti15] Saturday, June 04, 2005 8:20 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Delineating horoscope by way of Rasi charts and Bhava charts - resultant confusion

|Om Gurave Namah|

Pranaam Guruji,

Please guide me.

Thank you

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear David

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

David

Discover Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news & more. Check it out!|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Discover Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM more. Check it out!