IndiaDivine.org

2 papers - Kalachakra dasa and Amatyakaraka

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

|om namo bhagavate vasudevaya|

Dear Narasimha,

Since I am sending this to the lists firstly, dear members please do not lose sleep on these papers. Read them and send your questions for the Serbia and other conferences where I can answer them.

Narasimha,

I have uploaded the notes/handout for the Kalachakra dasa at the website http://srath.com/conf/2005/ The specific link is at http://srath.com/conf/2005/K%e4lacakra%20das%e4.pdf This is a large 680 KB file and can take some time to download. You will be happy to read it and I hope when you have the time, will make a simple Kalachakra dasa calculator for each of the eight methods -

Starting of dasaOption (A) Full cycle fraction where the Moon position is considered like in Vimsottari and other Udu dasa, andOption (B) First dasa fraction where the Moon position in pada reflects the fraction of first dasa.Dasa ProgressionOption 1.Regular progression method: the first daçä of the next nakñatra pada irrespective of everything like Vimçottari daçä. For example if the fourth quarter of Satabhiçaj is completed then the daçä progresses to the first quarter of Pürva Bhadrapada nakñatra. This method which is popular in North India completely violates the cakra including both savya/apasavya order as well as left/right foot showing utter lack of understanding of Kälacakra daçä.Option 2.Same nakñatra method: the next pada in the same nakñatra. The method assumes that the four quarters of a nakñatra are in a cyclic order of 36 daçä which must repeat. This method violates the cakra as it is possible that after finishing the last daçä of Aries (Satabhiçaj Pada-4 Moon) in an Uttara cakra, the daçä progresses to another Uttara cakra which is not permissible.Option 3. Nakñatra Pada Iteration method: the first daçä in the same nakñatra pada i.e. the daçäs repeat. This method which is popular in South India at least respects the savya/apasavya nature of the daçä but violates the cakra. For example after finishing the last daçä of Aries (Satabhiçaj Pada-4 Moon), the next order of daçä is again Sg Sc Li Vi Le Cn Ge Ta Ar. This confirms the apasavya nature of the daçä but violates the cakra as the daçä should have progressed from Uttara cakra to Dakñiëa cakra giving the subsequent order Sg Cp Aq Pi Ar…etc.Option 4. Chakra continuity method: the next pada in the same group order respecting the savya/apasavya and right/left footed nature. This is based on the movement of the daçä in the dakñiëa and uttara cakra. In simpler words, the two cakra – savya (dakñiëa cakra) and apasavya (uttara cakra) are the controlling factors. For example, Satabhiçaj belongs to the apasavya - right footed group. Its four quarters follow the three cakra in the order of savya-apasavya-savya or dakñiëa – uttara- dakñiëa. The next cakra that must follow is uttara and this gives the subsequent order Sg Cp Aq Pi Ar…etc. If Satabhiçaj belongs to the right foot then the next step should be with the left foot. Thus we are left with no other option but to choose the Rohiëé group (apasavya - left foot). [sanjay Rath]Thus 2 X 4 = 8 types of KCD and unless we have some easy calculator this is too cumbersome to do on a few hundred charts. You can give this responsibility to anyone else if you so desire.I have also uploaded the paper on Amätyakäraka for the Serbia conference. This can also be downloaded and is large 600 KB file. I want your views on this at anytime in the future. Since you are working on TP charts, this maybe very helpful.The specific link is http://srath.com/conf/2005/Amatyak%e4raka.pdf With best wishes and warm regards,Sanjay Rath* * *Sri Jagannath Center®15B Gangaram Hospital RoadNew Delhi 110060, Indiahttp://srath.com , +91-11-25717162* * *