IndiaDivine.org

Sri Purushothaman, Jyotish Guru, SJC Singapore has left for heaven

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

~om namo bhagavate vasudevaya~

Dear Friends

The fateful day we had dreaded for two years has arrived when Sri Purushothaman (lovingly called Purush and Puru) is no longer with us as Saturn passes over his Arudha Lagna in Cancer. It is a fateful day for SJC as the head of SJC Singapore has left for heaven (passed away) on the night of 10 July, 2005. Sri Purushothaman had barely 18% of his heart working for a few years now and inspite of that handicap did more work in spreading the light of Jyotisa than what many youngsters with stronger hearts can do today – not because his heart was weaker, but because his heart knew where it was – at the feet of his master Sri Satya Sai Baba and with the light of Jyotisa.

With Purush, we had many light moments when he insisted on showing the marine park at Singapore or traveled the evening around Singapore in a cycle rickshaw! I have not laughed like that in many years. Gurudev used to say that there is always something good to learn from every human being as it is this goodness that caused their birth as a human being instead of a lesser creature. The greatest lesson we learnt from Purush was “to save our limited breath for a good word”. Purush never had a bad word for anyone nor did he encourage any kind of loose talk.

With great love and compassion he brought all the astrologers together to form SJC Singapore. He may have left his body but his spirit and dream lives on as new members join SJC at Singapore everyday to receive this enlightening knowledge.

To Hari: Thank you for informing me and a recitation of the moksha giving mrityunjaya mantra shall be made here in Serbia before the conference begins to pray that Lord Shiva may grant moksha to the soul we knew as Purushothaman and save him from deaths in the future. I will be making this prayer at all the SJC conferences this year.

To Maria, Frankie and all Singapore members: Purush lives in your minds as Jyotish knowledge received from a Jyotisa Guru, and in your hearts as a sweet memory of a good human being whose compassion for all knoew no bounds. Please don't allow this Purush to die...He had just one request from me - to study the charts of musicians and to find the vital link between music and jyotish through phonemes and tones...I will do that next year or at least lets start the project for SJC Singapore to fulfil this last wish.

To Phyllis, Lakshmi and SJC West Coast members: Remember how Purush made us sing 'om namo bhagavate vasudevaya' and all those bhajans...let the music continue for in the music our Purush lives...let us sing om namo bhagavate vaasudevaaya.

I must end here...not sure whether my words are very meaningful due to the sorrow that engulfs my heart ...

Love to all

Sanjay Rath

-------------------This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarmfrom Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

Jyotisa Shisya [achyutagaddi] Monday, July 11, 2005 8:48 AMsjcsingapore ; Sanjay Rath; Sarbani SarkarDemise of Sri Purushothaman, Jyotish Guru, SJC Singapore

||om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya||Dear SJC Singapore friends,Now that the atman inside the body known as Sri Purushothaman has left the body yesterday night, Sri Purushothaman the body is no more but the legacy and deep well of memories due to him live on. Let us pray that the divine Lord and all his diksha gurus guide the atman to a higher loka from where he should be reborn as an enlightened being.I rejoice in the knowledge that he has left to see the compassion of Jesus Christ, the wisdom of Confucius, the dance of Shiva & Parvati and the sweet music wafting through the gardens of Radhadesh, such a glorius sight! I still remember the love and passion with which he sang; especially the way he chanted om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya.Now that I am not present at Singapore to prostrate before him and offermy pranaams, I humbly offer my pranaams to him, whereever he may be now for the atman is eternal. May he bless and guide all of us at SJC Singapore.I wish I told him that I finally found a job for he was most concerned at my situation but he will be smiling from above with all the angels.best regardsHariSanjay: You need to decide whether to announce this on the forums.

Guest guest

Sanjayji & freinds,

An extremely sad news. I still remeber his sweet voice & smiling face in Hyd conference.

We shall all pray for his mokhsa. May he keep giving us enthusiasm & guide us in learning jyotisha

With a grieved heart

Dasgupta

varahamihira [varahamihira ]On Behalf Of Guru Sanjay RathMonday, July 11, 2005 1:37 PM'Jyotisa Shisya'; vedic astrology ; varahamihira ; SJC List|Sri Varaha| Sri Purushothaman, Jyotish Guru, SJC Singapore has left for heaven

Dear Friends

The fateful day we had dreaded for two years has arrived when Sri Purushothaman (lovingly called Purush and Puru) is no longer with us as Saturn passes over his Arudha Lagna in Cancer. It is a fateful day for SJC as the head of SJC Singapore has left for heaven (passed away) on the night of 10 July, 2005. Sri Purushothaman had barely 18% of his heart working for a few years now and inspite of that handicap did more work in spreading the light of Jyotisa than what many youngsters with stronger hearts can do today – not because his heart was weaker, but because his heart knew where it was – at the feet of his master Sri Satya Sai Baba and with the light of Jyotisa.

With Purush, we had many light moments when he insisted on showing the marine park at Singapore or traveled the evening around Singapore in a cycle rickshaw! I have not laughed like that in many years. Gurudev used to say that there is always something good to learn from every human being as it is this goodness that caused their birth as a human being instead of a lesser creature. The greatest lesson we learnt from Purush was “to save our limited breath for a good word”. Purush never had a bad word for anyone nor did he encourage any kind of loose talk.

With great love and compassion he brought all the astrologers together to form SJC Singapore. He may have left his body but his spirit and dream lives on as new members join SJC at Singapore everyday to receive this enlightening knowledge.

To Hari: Thank you for informing me and a recitation of the moksha giving mrityunjaya mantra shall be made here in Serbia before the conference begins to pray that Lord Shiva may grant moksha to the soul we knew as Purushothaman and save him from deaths in the future. I will be making this prayer at all the SJC conferences this year.

To Maria, Frankie and all Singapore members: Purush lives in your minds as Jyotish knowledge received from a Jyotisa Guru, and in your hearts as a sweet memory of a good human being whose compassion for all knoew no bounds. Please don't allow this Purush to die...He had just one request from me - to study the charts of musicians and to find the vital link between music and jyotish through phonemes and tones...I will do that next year or at least lets start the project for SJC Singapore to fulfil this last wish.

To Phyllis, Lakshmi and SJC West Coast members: Remember how Purush made us sing 'om namo bhagavate vasudevaya' and all those bhajans...let the music continue for in the music our Purush lives...let us sing om namo bhagavate vaasudevaaya.

I must end here...not sure whether my words are very meaningful due to the sorrow that engulfs my heart ...

Love to all

Sanjay Rath

-------------------This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarmfrom Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

Jyotisa Shisya [achyutagaddi] Monday, July 11, 2005 8:48 AMsjcsingapore ; Sanjay Rath; Sarbani SarkarDemise of Sri Purushothaman, Jyotish Guru, SJC Singapore

||om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya||Dear SJC Singapore friends,Now that the atman inside the body known as Sri Purushothaman has left the body yesterday night, Sri Purushothaman the body is no more but the legacy and deep well of memories due to him live on. Let us pray that the divine Lord and all his diksha gurus guide the atman to a higher loka from where he should be reborn as an enlightened being.I rejoice in the knowledge that he has left to see the compassion of Jesus Christ, the wisdom of Confucius, the dance of Shiva & Parvati and the sweet music wafting through the gardens of Radhadesh, such a glorius sight! I still remember the love and passion with which he sang; especially the way he chanted om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya.Now that I am not present at Singapore to prostrate before him and offermy pranaams, I humbly offer my pranaams to him, whereever he may be now for the atman is eternal. May he bless and guide all of us at SJC Singapore.I wish I told him that I finally found a job for he was most concerned at my situation but he will be smiling from above with all the angels.best regardsHariSanjay: You need to decide whether to announce this on the forums. |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha,

Purush was my dearest Hyderabad friend, who walk with me in the street after

lectures. We have talk many things and, we shared same room when we were in

Tirupati. I had a nice dream for two years to see Purush singing " HARI OM

NARAYANAYA " at Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Again it is also a dream..just a dream.

May he attain Nibbana !

His Hyderabad friend-Karu

> || Jaya Jagannath ||

> Dear Jyotisha,

>

> Sri Purushottaman's contribution to SJC Singapore is unforgettable. He

> was the main threadbearer in everything happened in SJC Singapore. We

> remember him not only as a good Jyotisha, but more than that, a good

> human being. His words have given hopes to many and showed lights to

> many more. It was a great comfort talking to him and we shall be

> missing him for whatever he was.

>

> We shall try to fulfil his dreams that he cherished for SJC Singapore.

> We cannot bring him back, however, we shall always feel his presence

> in between all of us. May he guide all of us from his heavenly abode.

>

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit

> SJC Singapore

>

> On 7/11/05, Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

> >

> >

> > ~om namo bhagavate vasudevaya~

> >

> > Dear Friends

> >

> >

> >

> > The fateful day we had dreaded for two years has arrived when Sri

> > Purushothaman (lovingly called Purush and Puru) is no longer with us as

> > Saturn passes over his Arudha Lagna in Cancer. It is a fateful day for

SJC

> > as the head of SJC Singapore has left for heaven (passed away) on the

night

> > of 10 July, 2005. Sri Purushothaman had barely 18% of his heart working

for

> > a few years now and inspite of that handicap did more work in spreading

the

> > light of Jyotisa than what many youngsters with stronger hearts can do

today

> > – not because his heart was weaker, but because his heart knew where it

was

> > – at the feet of his master Sri Satya Sai Baba and with the light of

> > Jyotisa.

> >

> >

> >

> > With Purush, we had many light moments when he insisted on showing the

> > marine park at Singapore or traveled the evening around Singapore in a

cycle

> > rickshaw! I have not laughed like that in many years. Gurudev used to

say

> > that there is always something good to learn from every human being as

it is

> > this goodness that caused their birth as a human being instead of a

lesser

> > creature. The greatest lesson we learnt from Purush was " to save our

limited

> > breath for a good word " . Purush never had a bad word for anyone nor did

he

> > encourage any kind of loose talk.

> >

> >

> >

> > With great love and compassion he brought all the astrologers together

to

> > form SJC Singapore. He may have left his body but his spirit and dream

lives

> > on as new members join SJC at Singapore everyday to receive this

> > enlightening knowledge.

> >

> >

> >

> > To Hari: Thank you for informing me and a recitation of the moksha

giving

> > mrityunjaya mantra shall be made here in Serbia before the conference

begins

> > to pray that Lord Shiva may grant moksha to the soul we knew as

> > Purushothaman and save him from deaths in the future. I will be making

this

> > prayer at all the SJC conferences this year.

> >

> >

> >

> > To Maria, Frankie and all Singapore members: Purush lives in your minds

as

> > Jyotish knowledge received from a Jyotisa Guru, and in your hearts as a

> > sweet memory of a good human being whose compassion for all knoew no

bounds.

> > Please don't allow this Purush to die...He had just one request from

me - to

> > study the charts of musicians and to find the vital link between music

and

> > jyotish through phonemes and tones...I will do that next year or at

least

> > lets start the project for SJC Singapore to fulfil this last wish.

> >

> >

> >

> > To Phyllis, Lakshmi and SJC West Coast members: Remember how Purush made

us

> > sing 'om namo bhagavate vasudevaya' and all those bhajans...let the

music

> > continue for in the music our Purush lives...let us sing om namo

bhagavate

> > vaasudevaaya.

> >

> > I must end here...not sure whether my words are very meaningful due to

the

> > sorrow that engulfs my heart ...

> > Love to all

> > Sanjay Rath

> > -------------------

> > This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm

> > from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > Jyotisa Shisya [achyutagaddi]

> > Monday, July 11, 2005 8:48 AM

> > sjcsingapore ; Sanjay Rath; Sarbani Sarkar

> > Demise of Sri Purushothaman, Jyotish Guru, SJC Singapore

> >

> > ||om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya||

> >

> > Dear SJC Singapore friends,

> >

> > Now that the atman inside the body known as Sri Purushothaman has left

the

> > body yesterday night, Sri Purushothaman the body is no more but the

legacy

> > and deep well of memories due to him live on. Let us pray that the

divine

> > Lord and all his diksha gurus guide the atman to a higher loka from

where he

> > should be reborn as an enlightened being.

> >

> > I rejoice in the knowledge that he has left to see the compassion of

Jesus

> > Christ, the wisdom of Confucius, the dance of Shiva & Parvati and the

sweet

> > music wafting through the gardens of Radhadesh, such a glorius sight! I

> > still remember the love and passion with which he sang; especially the

way

> > he chanted om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya.

> >

> > Now that I am not present at Singapore to prostrate before him and

offermy

> > pranaams, I humbly offer my pranaams to him, whereever he may be now for

the

> > atman is eternal. May he bless and guide all of us at SJC Singapore.

> >

> > I wish I told him that I finally found a job for he was most concerned

at my

> > situation but he will be smiling from above with all the angels.

> >

> > best regards

> > Hari

> >

> > Sanjay: You need to decide whether to announce this on the forums.

> >

> >

> > |Om Tat Sat|

> > http://www.varahamihira

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> >

> >

> > Visit your group " varahamihira " on the web.

> >

> >

Guest guest

My deepest and sincere condolences to all.

/Jay Weiss

-

Guru Sanjay Rath

'Jyotisa Shisya' ; vedic astrology ; varahamihira ; SJC List

Monday, July 11, 2005 10:07 AM

|Sri Varaha| Sri Purushothaman, Jyotish Guru, SJC Singapore has left for heaven

Dear Friends

Love to all

Sanjay Rath

||om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya||Dear SJC Singapore friends,Now that the atman inside the body known as Sri Purushothaman has left the body yesterday night, Sri Purushothaman the body is no more but the legacy and deep well of memories due to him live on. Let us pray that the divine Lord and all his diksha gurus guide the atman to a higher loka from where he should be reborn as an enlightened being.I rejoice in the knowledge that he has left to see the compassion of Jesus Christ, the wisdom of Confucius, the dance of Shiva & Parvati and the sweet music wafting through the gardens of Radhadesh, such a glorius sight! I still remember the love and passion with which he sang; especially the way he chanted om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya.Now that I am not present at Singapore to prostrate before him and offermy pranaams, I humbly offer my pranaams to him, whereever he may be now for the atman is eternal. May he bless and guide all of us at SJC Singapore.I wish I told him that I finally found a job for he was most concerned at my situation but he will be smiling from above with all the angels.best regardsHariSanjay: You need to decide whether to announce this on the forums. |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Dear Friends

Tears fill my eyes as the news of Sri Purushothaman's passing away

sinks in. I recall the days at Hyderabad when he sang those lovely

bhajans. We exchanged many notes on astrology and spiritual matters. I

consider my acquaintance with such a lovely person as a blessing. May

his atma rest in peace.

R. Kasthuri Rangan

Chennai

Guest guest

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

` nmae Égvte vasudevay

om namo bhagavate väsudeväya

Dear Sanjay Ji and Friends,

I also join with you and pray Lord Vishnu who is the giver of Moksha that Shri Purushottaman's Atma be one with HIM.

With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Dear Friends

Love to all

Sanjay Rath

||om namo bhagavate vasudevaaya||Dear SJC Singapore friends,Now that the atman inside the body known as Sri Purushothaman has left the body yesterday night, Sri Purushothaman the body is no more but the legacy and deep well of memories due to him live on. Let us pray that the divine Lord and all his diksha gurus guide the atman to a higher loka from where he should be reborn as an enlightened being.I rejoice in the knowledge that he has left to see the compassion of Jesus Christ, the wisdom of Confucius, the dance of Shiva & Parvati and the sweet music wafting through the gardens of Radhadesh, such a glorius sight! I still remember the love and passion with which he sang; especially the way he chanted om namo bhagavate

vasudevaaya.Now that I am not present at Singapore to prostrate before him and offermy pranaams, I humbly offer my pranaams to him, whereever he may be now for the atman is eternal. May he bless and guide all of us at SJC Singapore.I wish I told him that I finally found a job for he was most concerned at my situation but he will be smiling from above with all the angels.best regardsHariSanjay: You need to decide whether to announce this on the forums. |Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Too much spam in your inbox? Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!http://in.mail.