IndiaDivine.org

a letter to Sanjayji, Narsimhaji & other Jyotish Gur

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

||om gam ganapataye namah||

Dear Neurostro,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I will try to answer most of your questions although Sanjay and/or Visti would be able to provide some perspective to your questions.

A popular story about Lord Vighneswara is re-told thus:

"On the night of Ganesha Chaturthi, Lord Ganesha was going from house to house and accepting all the delectable modaks that the devotees had prepared to celebrate his birthday. Ganesha's stomach was bursting with all that he had consumed during the visits and he was on his way to yet another house when suddenly he lost his balance on the tiny mouse which was carrying him. He fell off his vehicle and in the process, his large stomach burst open disgorging the contents therein. The Moon, looking at this comical spectacle, burst out laughing. This enraged Lord Ganesha, who grabbed a nearby snake, tied his stomach together with the snake and cursed the Moon to wax & wane. This story is the basis why some people refuse to look at the Moon on Chaturthi tithi deeming it inauspicious."

A little medidation on this parable teaches us some important lessons about arudhas. The tiny little mouse, the vehicle or vahana of Lord Ganesha, represents our intelligence (lagna) which is forever scooting here and there in different directions based on the desires (7

th house) that drive the intelligence to fulfill the purposes of creation. Based on these actions, an image is built up which rides on the physical body (again personified by the tiny mouse). This image may be larger-than-life as shown in the above story but can never be determined by either the lagna or the 7

th house. That is why Parasara Maharishi teaches that the 1st and 7th houses are the satya pitha or the houses of truth and should be excluded in the determination of arudha. The Moon represents the society and thus shows how the image built up by the body is viewed by the society at large. Thus, the Moon is the karaka for the Arudha lagna. Too much food (indigestion?) is bad for the Arudha lagna and must inevitably bring about its downfall. Specifically, Chaturthi tithi is ruled by Mercury which represents the rajas guna prevalent in all of us and shows that the desire for monetary benefits fuels the growth of arudha. Now to your specific questions:

Q1. How & When should we use Graha arudha?

BPHS mentions only the calculation of graha arudha and does not provide any clues about how to use it. Since this relates to grahas or animate beings, it can be inferred that it shows the role that various people have to play in our lives. I recollect that Narasimha gave an example a long time ago on the vedic astrology forum to show that based on his chart, how one could time the arrival of his wife in USA.

Q2. As we have in Arudhapada, do we any concept of Paka rashi and Bhoga

rashi in Graha arudha?

This is the first time I am hearing about paka rasi and bhoga rasi in the analysis of arudha pada. Maybe Sanjay or Visti can shed some light here.

Q3. How much importance should be given to the Graha Arudha of Lagnesha?

Visti has given some examples in his book about this…basically it shows one's self-perception.

Q4. How & What is to be seen from different planets placed in different

houses from such Graha Arudha?

Such principles have not been taught so far.

Q5. Do the same rules apply to graha arudha as we use with Arudha pada?

You mean the rules on computation of graha arudha? Yes, they apply to both types of arudhas.

Q6. Assuming that you have read the above mentioned books, i would like

to know whether you use graha arudha in your analysis? If yes, thenplease share your experience with us.

I do not use graha arudha very often in my analysis and as such, do not have any specific experience to share with you.

Best regards

Hari

On 3/12/07, neurostro <neurostro wrote:

Dear Hari,Namaste,I dont disagree with you regarding the mention of graha arudha inbooks of Sanjayji and Vistiji. As i have not read these books can youplease give answers to following questions:

1) How & When should we use Graha arudha?2) As we have in Arudhapada, do we any concept of Paka rashi and Bhogarashi in Graha arudha?3) How much importance should be given to the Graha Arudha of Lagnesha? 4) How & What is to be seen from different planets placed in differenthouses from such Graha Arudha?5) Do the same rules apply to graha arudha as we use with Arudha pada?6) Assuming that you have read the above mentioned books, i would like

to know whether you use graha arudha in your analysis? If yes, thenplease share your experience with us.P.S. I am asking the above question because as far as i am concerned ,i have started using Arudhapada only after reading and listening the

lectures and papers along with taking clues from different discussionsfrom different groups. In fact Arudhapadas has worked wonderfully forme in understanding a horoscope.RegardsNeurostro