IndiaDivine.org

Significance of Shodasa Ganesha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

|om|

Dear Panditas, namaste

Yesterday I visited a Sankatamochan temple near Shimla in which there was a very nice mandir of ShodasaGanapati. Could anyone explain what is the significance of Shodasa Ganapati on a jyotish level?

best regards

Hari

On 12 Apr 2007 23:49:06 -0700, Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar wrote:

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Angel1) There is both Left trunk twisted and right trunk twisted Ganesha. There could be tantric interpretations and meaning for it. It may indicate two naadi (depending on which nostril the breath flows). The left twisted is Idamuri or (right twisted is called Valamuri in Tamil). The Ganesha can be fiery or calm depending on twist.2) I do not see any reason why 3 Ganesha cannot be kept at home. There will not arise a Tridosha. In fact in many places in tamilnadu, Ganesha is kept where three roads meet at point, to remove shoola. (Three point meet). If you are worried then why dont you keep one more :) the more the merrier.Warm RegardsSanjay P

On 12 Apr 2007 02:37:17 -0700, angel <angelgoel

> wrote:

Hi allI have regarding photo of lord ganesh ji.1> Some where I have read that trunk (nose) of lord ganesha should end towards right side of devotee whenwe face the photo. Is that so ? In my house I have

photo where it points to my left side when i see that.2> As per vaastu (as some website say),we must nothave 3 ganesh-photo in our house. Is that so ? What isthe reasoning for the same.I have two lord ganesha photo in my puja room.

ThanksAngel

Guest guest

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Hari, The 16 could indicate the shodasha kala of moon. The 16 faces of moon. There is Ganesha name given for each tithi of the moon. You could refer them from my website, Which in turn quotes from Agastiar Ashram.

Warm RegardsSanjay POn 13 Apr 2007 00:13:34 -0700, Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi

> wrote:

|om|

Dear Panditas, namaste

Yesterday I visited a Sankatamochan temple near Shimla in which there was a very nice mandir of ShodasaGanapati. Could anyone explain what is the significance of Shodasa Ganapati on a jyotish level?

best regards

Hari

On 12 Apr 2007 23:49:06 -0700, Sanjay Prabhakaran <

sanjaychettiar wrote:

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Angel1) There is both Left trunk twisted and right trunk twisted Ganesha. There could be tantric interpretations and meaning for it. It may indicate two naadi (depending on which nostril the breath flows). The left twisted is Idamuri or (right twisted is called Valamuri in Tamil). The Ganesha can be fiery or calm depending on twist.2) I do not see any reason why 3 Ganesha cannot be kept at home. There will not arise a Tridosha. In fact in many places in tamilnadu, Ganesha is kept where three roads meet at point, to remove shoola. (Three point meet). If you are worried then why dont you keep one more :) the more the merrier.Warm RegardsSanjay P

> wrote:

Hi allI have regarding photo of lord ganesh ji.1> Some where I have read that trunk (nose) of lord ganesha should end towards right side of devotee whenwe face the photo. Is that so ? In my house I have

photo where it points to my left side when i see that.2> As per vaastu (as some website say),we must nothave 3 ganesh-photo in our house. Is that so ? What isthe reasoning for the same.I have two lord ganesha photo in my puja room.

ThanksAngel

Guest guest

|om|

Dear Sanjay P, namaste

Thank you for your views. I must confess however that I am clueless about how exactly the Shodasa Ganesha relates to the shodasa kala of Chandra. Anyhow, let us see what are the learned people's view on this.

best regards

Hari

On 13 Apr 2007 04:49:49 -0700, Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar wrote:

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Hari, The 16 could indicate the shodasha kala of moon. The 16 faces of moon. There is Ganesha name given for each tithi of the moon. You could refer them from my website, Which in turn quotes from Agastiar Ashram. Warm RegardsSanjay P

On 13 Apr 2007 00:13:34 -0700, Jyotisa Shisya <

achyutagaddi > wrote:

|om|

Dear Panditas, namaste

best regards

Hari

Guest guest

Namaste Sri HariA cut and paste from a website (not my words): There are 16 distinct thithis in the spiritual calendar. There's a distinct Ganapathi form corresponding to each thithi. Worshipping the Ganapathi form corresponding to the thithi at any instant during the day is the unique thithi Ganapathi Siddha worship procedure . The 16 distinct thithis and the corresponding thithi Ganapathis are: 0. Amavasya Sri Niruttha Ganapathi 1. Prathamai Sri Baala Ganapathi 2. Dvithiyai Sri Tharuna Ganapathi 3. Thrithiyai Sri Bakthi Ganapathi 4. Chathurthi Sri Veera Ganapathi 5. Panchami Sri Sakthi Ganapathi 6. Sashti Sri Dhvija Ganapathi 7. Sapthami Sri Siddhi Ganapathi 8. Ashtami Sri Ucchishta Ganapathi

9. Navami Sri Vigna Ganapathi 10. Dasami Sri Kshipra Ganapathi 11. Ekadasi Sri Heramba Ganapathi 12. Dvaadasi Sri Lakshmi Ganapathi 13. Thrayodasi Sri Maha Ganapathi 14. Chathurdasi Sri Vijaya Ganapathi 15. Pournami Sri Niruttha Ganapathi Memorize these 16 thithi Ganapathi names. Figure out the thithi on any given day. Throughout that thithi, meditate on the thithi Ganapathi for that particular thithi. Wherever you see a Ganapathi form during that thithi, recite the name of the Ganapathi for that thithi. This is the Siddha method of worshipping Sri Ganapathi; it's a worship procedure that's most pleasing to Sri Ganesh, say the Siddhas.

Hope this helps.Thanks and RegardsBharatOn 13 Apr 2007 00:13:34 -0700, Jyotisa Shisya <

achyutagaddi wrote:

|om|

Dear Panditas, namaste

best regards

Hari

On 12 Apr 2007 23:49:06 -0700, Sanjay Prabhakaran <

sanjaychettiar wrote:

> wrote:

ThanksAngel