IndiaDivine.org

Shiva Panchakshri

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

||NamaShivaya||

Dear Jyotisha,

I have a query regarding Shiva Panchakshri mantra ( without using Om )

When doing this mantra for making 5H auspicious, what is the right way:

1.Namashivaya( sandhi of namah & shivaya) : 1 word, 5 letters, source is Lagna, destination is 5H and mantra devta Shiva sits in the 9H as Guru, guiding you to your abilities(5H)

2.Namah Shivaya: 2 word, 5 letters, source is 2H, destination is 5H , Shiva sits in 8H

VRA gives the mantra as Namah Shivaya ..but option one seems the right one.

Would appreciate comments

Best wishes

Sharat

Guest guest

Dear SS,

I am aware of this byPVR.

He advocates using Om as pranav in almost all mantras, he diffenetiates this as per North/South Indian tradition.

VRA however clearly reveals the difference between shiva panchakshri and shadakshari.

Thus Namahshivaya is the panchakshri, however it spells is at two words and not as one. Hence my query. In chanting it though, as I do it, it does become one word, perhaps without my noticing it. It is said that as we chant, we do learn to say it as it should be!

Best wishes

Sharat

-

Soul Sadhak

sohamsa

Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:30 PM

Re: Shiva Panchakshri

Hi Sharat,in addition, the foll document from Sri PVR-NR pg 19 (as per acrobat, 21 as per document labelling) states the following: (Sharat, the first point re. 1-5-9 is same on that page)"OM Namashivaya" when the source is 2nd house and destination is 6th.This will be working to overcome obstacles. Shiva is sitting in the10th house (karma sthana), enabling you to use all your resources toovercome obstacles.With North India style, "NamahShivay", the source becomes 1st anddestination 4th and Devatha sthana is 8th.One other form is "Om namah shivaya", source is 3rd house and 6thhouse is the destination.sohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc wrote:>> > > ||NamaShivaya||> Dear Jyotisha,> > I have a query regarding Shiva Panchakshri mantra ( without using Om )> When doing this mantra for making 5H auspicious, what is the right way:> > 1.Namashivaya( sandhi of namah & shivaya) : 1 word, 5 letters, source is Lagna, destination is 5H and mantra devta Shiva sits in the 9H as Guru, guiding you to your abilities(5H)> > 2.Namah Shivaya: 2 word, 5 letters, source is 2H, destination is 5H , Shiva sits in 8H> > VRA gives the mantra as Namah Shivaya ..but option one seems the right one.> > Would appreciate comments> > Best wishes> Sharat>

Guest guest

||Om namah Sivaya||

Dear Sharat,

as I know, with sandhi it would be "Namas Shivaya", there was some debate between Guruji and Narasimha about it and Guruji said no sandhi, it is "Namah Shivaya".

Best wishes

Voja sohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc wrote:>> Dear SS,> I am aware of this byPVR. > He advocates using Om as pranav in almost all mantras, he diffenetiates this as per North/South Indian tradition.> VRA however clearly reveals the difference between shiva panchakshri and shadakshari.> Thus Namahshivaya is the panchakshri, however it spells is at two words and not as one. Hence my query. In chanting it though, as I do it, it does become one word, perhaps without my noticing it. It is said that as we chant, we do learn to say it as it should be!> > Best wishes> Sharat> > - > Soul Sadhak > sohamsa > Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:30 PM> Re: Shiva Panchakshri> > > Hi Sharat,> > in addition, the foll document from Sri PVR-NR pg 19 (as per acrobat, > 21 as per document labelling) states the following: (Sharat, the > first point re. 1-5-9 is same on that page)> > "OM Namashivaya" when the source is 2nd house and destination is 6th.> This will be working to overcome obstacles. Shiva is sitting in the> 10th house (karma sthana), enabling you to use all your resources to> overcome obstacles.> With North India style, "NamahShivay", the source becomes 1st and> destination 4th and Devatha sthana is 8th.> One other form is "Om namah shivaya", source is 3rd house and 6th> house is the destination.> > sohamsa , " Sharat" gidoc@ wrote:> >> > > > > > ||NamaShivaya||> > Dear Jyotisha,> > > > I have a query regarding Shiva Panchakshri mantra ( without using > Om )> > When doing this mantra for making 5H auspicious, what is the right > way:> > > > 1.Namashivaya( sandhi of namah & shivaya) : 1 word, 5 letters, > source is Lagna, destination is 5H and mantra devta Shiva sits in the > 9H as Guru, guiding you to your abilities(5H)> > > > 2.Namah Shivaya: 2 word, 5 letters, source is 2H, destination is > 5H , Shiva sits in 8H> > > > VRA gives the mantra as Namah Shivaya ..but option one seems the > right one.> > > > Would appreciate comments> > > > Best wishes> > Sharat> >>

Guest guest

Dear SS

I know what you mean.

I have researched this again, importnace is of the number of syllables and not of words.

Panchakshri, is for self and abilities, hence 1w, 5 syll--> 5H; Shiva in 9H as Guru to guide you to attain those abilities , makes sense

Shadakshri has Om as pranav, hence this now becomes 2w, 6 syll--> 6H , Shiva in 10H; if its 3w, 6 syll -->6H, Shiva now sits in 9H

This is for giving up material pursuits, hence one needs to have the devta in the karma shana rather than as Guru.. what do you think?

Best wishes

Sharat

-

Soul Sadhak

sohamsa

Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:12 PM

True Sharat - actually if we recite Namah Shivaya a bit fast, we actually get to recite NamaShivaya.well i do get the difference b/w Panchakshari and Shadakshari, what i dont get is difference b/w " Om NamahShivaya" and "Om Namah Shivaya" creating the difference in target hs (4th and 6th respectively). when both r Shadakshari - which one is more appropriate?what u r asking about Panchakshari, i am asking re. Shadakshari.Best Rgds,SSsohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc wrote:>> Dear SS,> I am aware of this byPVR. > He advocates using Om as pranav in almost all mantras, he diffenetiates this as per North/South Indian tradition.> VRA however clearly reveals the difference between shiva panchakshri and shadakshari.> Thus Namahshivaya is the panchakshri, however it spells is at two words and not as one. Hence my query. In chanting it though, as I do it, it does become one word, perhaps without my noticing it. It is said that as we chant, we do learn to say it as it should be!> > Best wishes> Sharat> > - > Soul Sadhak > sohamsa > Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:30 PM> Re: Shiva Panchakshri> > > Hi Sharat,> > in addition, the foll document from Sri PVR-NR pg 19 (as per acrobat, > 21 as per document labelling) states the following: (Sharat, the > first point re. 1-5-9 is same on that page)> > "OM Namashivaya" when the source is 2nd house and destination is 6th.> This will be working to overcome obstacles. Shiva is sitting in the> 10th house (karma sthana), enabling you to use all your resources to> overcome obstacles.> With North India style, "NamahShivay", the source becomes 1st and> destination 4th and Devatha sthana is 8th.> One other form is "Om namah shivaya", source is 3rd house and 6th> house is the destination.> > sohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc@> wrote:> >> > > > > > ||NamaShivaya||> > Dear Jyotisha,> > > > I have a query regarding Shiva Panchakshri mantra ( without using > Om )> > When doing this mantra for making 5H auspicious, what is the right > way:> > > > 1.Namashivaya( sandhi of namah & shivaya) : 1 word, 5 letters, > source is Lagna, destination is 5H and mantra devta Shiva sits in the > 9H as Guru, guiding you to your abilities(5H)> > > > 2.Namah Shivaya: 2 word, 5 letters, source is 2H, destination is > 5H , Shiva sits in 8H> > > > VRA gives the mantra as Namah Shivaya ..but option one seems the > right one.> > > > Would appreciate comments> > > > Best wishes> > Sharat> >>

Guest guest

Dear Voja,

So you are quoting Sanjay ji for this to mean:

Panchakshri is 2 words!

This means..energy from 2H, destination 5H and Shiva sits in 8H?

Is that interpretation correct...this means then that Shiva is transforming our abilities from the 8H. But the energy comes not from self ( lagna) but from 2H( house of inner resurces).

In that case Shadakshri is drawing energy from 3H of valour, taking it to 6H, while Shiva sits in dharam sthana- 9H.

Could you please confirm if this is what Sanjay ji has explained it as.

Best wishes

Sharat

-

Voya Traykovic

sohamsa

Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:00 PM

||Om namah Sivaya||

Dear Sharat,

as I know, with sandhi it would be "Namas Shivaya", there was some debate between Guruji and Narasimha about it and Guruji said no sandhi, it is "Namah Shivaya".

Best wishes

Voja sohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc wrote:>> Dear SS,> I am aware of this byPVR. > He advocates using Om as pranav in almost all mantras, he diffenetiates this as per North/South Indian tradition.> VRA however clearly reveals the difference between shiva panchakshri and shadakshari.> Thus Namahshivaya is the panchakshri, however it spells is at two words and not as one. Hence my query. In chanting it though, as I do it, it does become one word, perhaps without my noticing it. It is said that as we chant, we do learn to say it as it should be!> > Best wishes> Sharat> > - > Soul Sadhak > sohamsa > Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:30 PM> Re: Shiva Panchakshri> > > Hi Sharat,> > in addition, the foll document from Sri PVR-NR pg 19 (as per acrobat, > 21 as per document labelling) states the following: (Sharat, the > first point re. 1-5-9 is same on that page)> > "OM Namashivaya" when the source is 2nd house and destination is 6th.> This will be working to overcome obstacles. Shiva is sitting in the> 10th house (karma sthana), enabling you to use all your resources to> overcome obstacles.> With North India style, "NamahShivay", the source becomes 1st and> destination 4th and Devatha sthana is 8th.> One other form is "Om namah shivaya", source is 3rd house and 6th> house is the destination.> > sohamsa , " Sharat" gidoc@ wrote:> >> > > > > > ||NamaShivaya||> > Dear Jyotisha,> > > > I have a query regarding Shiva Panchakshri mantra ( without using & gt; Om )> > When doing this mantra for making 5H auspicious, what is the right > way:> > > > 1.Namashivaya( sandhi of namah & shivaya) : 1 word, 5 letters, > source is Lagna, destination is 5H and mantra devta Shiva sits in the > 9H as Guru, guiding you to your abilities(5H)> > > > 2.Namah Shivaya: 2 word, 5 letters, source is 2H, destination is > 5H , Shiva sits in 8H> > > > VRA gives the mantra as Namah Shivaya ..but option one seems the > right one.> > > > Would appreciate comments> > > > Best wishes> > Sharat> >>

Guest guest

||NamahShivaya||

Dear SS,

Appreciate your thoughts, I agree we are trying to fit in things with our narrow vision.

Destination is important which is 5H for panchakshri and 6H for shadaskshri.

So choose to chant namah shivaya as one or two words doesnt change much. Shiva is the Guru and the Father, he can take the form he wishes, whichever is appropriate.

He guides us to the path of our destiny, can give us material pursuits and then can give emancipation.

Shiva purana tells us that worshipping Shiva grants us our wishes, material or for moksha.

Best wishes

Sharat

-

Soul Sadhak

sohamsa

Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:25 AM

Dear Sharat,whatever the case may be, it looks like we are trying to fit the Father of The Universe in a cell! Anyways, being The Father of the Universe, He can well sit in 9h/10h -both represent The Father.Sitting in 8th (Panchakshari - Namah Shivaya) He can be the Rudra and Grant Moksha since 8h is under Moksha trikona - if penance is the path we wish to take - (thatz my take - err -thought)logic can be fitted anywhere or so it looks, we wud try to appease/awaken Rudra - but then we shd also call Maheshwara for Help -any ideas which mantra/which hs by number? Likewise the logic of worshipping Shiva as Guru (Shiva ~ Self) seems to work better in 1-5-9 with Panchakshari, including the self and abilities part....can we limit Panchakshari to Self and abilities - well Su~Self is Shiva - so fine! (isnt Shiva Himself representative of material pursuits Given-Up) - anyways - - If Shadakshari is for giving up material pursuits, then why target 10h since itz in Artha-trikona?and if we take the logic of 10h being karmasthana - we may well be moulded by the Energy to perform Nishkama Karma (Karma without Attachment to its Results) - but then Krishna cud be doing that as well!wot say?SSsohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc wrote:>> Dear SS> I know what you mean.> I have researched this again, importnace is of the number of syllables and not of words.> Panchakshri, is for self and abilities, hence 1w, 5 syll--> 5H; Shiva in 9H as Guru to guide you to attain those abilities , makes sense> Shadakshri has Om as pranav, hence this now becomes 2w, 6 syll--> 6H , Shiva in 10H; if its 3w, 6 syll -->6H, Shiva now sits in 9H> This is for giving up material pursuits, hence one needs to have the devta in the karma shana rather than as Guru.. what do you think?> > Best wishes> Sharat> > - > Soul Sadhak > sohamsa > Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:12 PM> Re: Shiva Panchakshri> > > True Sharat - actually if we recite Namah Shivaya a bit fast, we > actually get to recite NamaShivaya.> > well i do get the difference b/w Panchakshari and Shadakshari, > what i dont get is difference b/w " Om NamahShivaya" and "Om Namah > Shivaya" creating the difference in target hs (4th and 6th > respectively). when both r Shadakshari - which one is more > appropriate?> > what u r asking about Panchakshari, i am asking re. Shadakshari.> > Best Rgds,> SS> > sohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc@> wrote:> >> > Dear SS,> > I am aware of this byPVR. > > He advocates using Om as pranav in almost all mantras, he > diffenetiates this as per North/South Indian tradition.> > VRA however clearly reveals the difference between shiva > panchakshri and shadakshari.> > Thus Namahshivaya is the panchakshri, however it spells is at two > words and not as one. Hence my query. In chanting it though, as I do > it, it does become one word, perhaps without my noticing it. It is > said that as we chant, we do learn to say it as it should be!> > > > Best wishes> > Sharat> > > > - > > Soul Sadhak > > sohamsa > > Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:30 PM> > Re: Shiva Panchakshri> > > > > > Hi Sharat,> > > > in addition, the foll document from Sri PVR-NR pg 19 (as per > acrobat, > > 21 as per document labelling) states the following: (Sharat, the > > first point re. 1-5-9 is same on that page)> > > > "OM Namashivaya" when the source is 2nd house and destination is > 6th.> > This will be working to overcome obstacles. Shiva is sitting in > the> > 10th house (karma sthana), enabling you to use all your resources > to> > overcome obstacles.> > With North India style, "NamahShivay", the source becomes 1st and> > destination 4th and Devatha sthana is 8th.> > One other form is "Om namah shivaya", source is 3rd house and 6th> > house is the destination.> > > > sohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc@> wrote:> > >> > > > > > > > > ||NamaShivaya||> > > Dear Jyotisha,> > > > > > I have a query regarding Shiva Panchakshri mantra ( without > using > > Om )> > > When doing this mantra for making 5H auspicious, what is the > right > > way:> > > > > > 1.Namashivaya( sandhi of namah & shivaya) : 1 word, 5 letters, > > source is Lagna, destination is 5H and mantra devta Shiva sits in > the > > 9H as Guru, guiding you to your abilities(5H)> > > > > > 2.Namah Shivaya: 2 word, 5 letters, source is 2H, destination > is > > 5H , Shiva sits in 8H> > > > > > VRA gives the mantra as Namah Shivaya ..but option one seems > the > > right one.> > > > > > Would appreciate comments> > > > > > Best wishes> > > Sharat> > >> >>