IndiaDivine.org

Durga Kavacham recitation & strange result- My Apologies PVR ji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare rama krsna

hraum namah adityaya,

Dear Hanmant ji, PVR ji,

Namaskar. My humble apologies, I just read the mail of shri PVR in reply to Hanmantji's. My observations were entirely superfluous I realised after I read his reply. I had replied to Hanmant ji's mail after reading it.

Regards

Nalini

Narasimha Rao <pvrsohamsa Sent: Friday, 16 November, 2007 8:55:52 AM Re: Durga Kavacham recitation & strange result

Namaste Hanmant and others,Here are some random thoughts.* * *When wearing gems, make sure to avoid unfavorable planets and consider only favorable planets. But, when it comes to propitiating, there are no such restrictions. God/goddess corresponding to ANY planet can be worshipped. Worship of deities of good planets increase the good results and worship of deities of bad planets decrease the bad.* * *When praying to ugra devatas ("fierce" deities), one needs to be strict, disciplined and follow certain rules. They are less tolerant of errors. Errors in pronunciation, not taking bath or not being clean enough, the place of worship not being clean enough etc are some possible errors.This is particularly true if the worship is accompanied by rajasik or tamasik motives!When Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had a terrible throat cancer, learned men told him to pray

to Kali to cure it. A mere wish by someone like him was enough. But he never asked Kali to cure him. That is the highest level of sattwa. But most are unlike him and pray with desires (some may even ask "why pray if you don't want anything!").If you pray to a deity without any desire (explicitly mentioned in the sankalpa or implicitly thought of in the mind), then the deity will be far more tolerant of errors. If you have desires and the pooja is for fulfilling the desires (e.g. my health should improve, I should get a promotion etc), then follow some simple rules. Take bath before the worship, be clean, choose a clean place, light a lamp, learn to pronounce correctly, sit properly, don't get up in the middle and do the whole thing in one sitting etc. Various rules laid out by tradition are to be followed.On the other hand, if you just love god and think of prayer as expressing your love

and see asking for something as corrupting that expression of love and accept anything god throws your way (good or bad) as god's prasad and accept everything, then you can perhaps break the rules.* * *Suppose you have a toilet that someone forgot to flush and it stinks. Suppose you flush it. First, this will release all the bad smell into the room and there will be disgusting smell. But it is necessary for a clean up.Similarly, when someone with terrible karmas about to be released does prayer, some bad karmas may need to be experienced first. Some prayers can bring a little suffering first and then excellent results. It changes from person to person, based on the karmas carried by the person and based on which karmas are ripe and ready to give the fruits.Suppose there is a basket of fruits. Suppose there are a few half-rotten fruits on the top that are smelling a little

bad. Suppose you pick them up and throw them away. That may uncover a badly rotten fruit and the room may be filled with bad smell! You may think, "It was better earlier. Why throw away rotten fruits if the smell gets worse as a result". But, if you do not throw away the fruits on the top, the fruit below would have smelled even worse later on (when you would be *forced* to face it).When you do sadhana, some bad karmas may be gotten rid of and that may expose you to another bad karma (like the uncovered fruit in the above analogy). The wise thing is to throw away that fruit too. Increase the prayer when bad things happen, to get rid of all the rotten fruits quickly.If a bad thing happens after a prayer, usually it is better than what else "could have" happened later on had the prayer not taken place.* * *If my son misbehaves, my wife disciplines him hard. Her sister is

softer with kids. But both love kids. Though my wife is stricter, children learn better with her and benefit from her strictness.Soumya devatas (gentle deities) are like a soft person. Ugra devatas like Durga are like a strict person. But realize that both kinds love you and try to benefit you in the long run. Ugra devatas do not mind punishing you a little bit in order to make you benefit faster in the long run.Similarly, what I said about following rules strictly with ugra devatas does not mean they are bad. They may actually be better for you, because they force you to make progress quickly.* * *The following are good things to remember:(1) Follow the basic rules of tradition when praying, especially to ugra devatas.(2) Develop a sense of surrender and love for the deity you are worshipping.(3) *Try* to cut expectations and not ask the deity for anything when

you pray.(4) Don't be discouraged if something goes wrong. Realize that there are some bad karmas waiting to trouble you and increase your sadhana.Best regards,Narasimha------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Do Ganapathi Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ homamSpirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdomFree Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro. home.comcast. netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAst rologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagan

nath.org------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -sohamsa@ .com, "Jyotisa Shisya" <achyutagaddi@ ...> wrote:>> |om|> Dear Hanmant, namaste> > Very strange indeed! As far as I know, Devi kavacham is a general prayer> that can be recited by all so why should it impact in this way on your wife> is very strange. The various events that happened point to the effect of> Mercury(mobile / land phone, breakage of bones in young daughter running> Mercury naisargika dasa and miscommunication between partners). Check also> if she is pronouncing the words in Devi Kavacham correctly.> > I hope Sanjay will comment on this interesting case.> > best regards>

Hari> > > On Nov 15, 2007 2:20 PM, hmuttagi <hmuttagi@.. .> wrote:> > > Shree Ganeshaya Namah,> >> > Dear Respected Members,> >> > I recently visited one of well known astrologer at Bangalore (he wrote> > the leading article in Astrological Magazine). After consulting my> > wife's chart he mentioned that there was a strong Sarpa Dosha and she> > should recite Durga Kavacham and wear Gomedika for Rahu. Accordingly my> > wife started reciting Durga Kavacham on last friday (Lakshmi Puja day-> > 9th Nov) and it has resulted in the following:> > 1. On that day itself there was fight between myself and my wife for no> > apparent reason (and she ended up fasting for 2 days). This is the> > first time such a serious situation happened in our 8 years of

marraige.> > 2. My daughter (7 years old) fell down next day in the house tripping> > over her toe (very strangely) and fractured her right arm.> > 3. My lifeline-the mobile suddenly went dead and I had to urgently> > spend to buy a new hand set. The telephone landline also went dead.> >> > My query is: Is it advisable for my wife to read Devi Kavacham? Also> > the Gomedika as suggestd by the astrologer will only make her malefic> > Rahu strong-would it be advisable? Prior to our marriage she did wear> > that and it did not yeild any untoward result.(I have put forward these> > queries to the astrologer but have not received any response so far).> >> > Her details are as follows: DOB:9-5-71, POB:Gulbarga Karnataka;TOB: 6:45> > PM.> >> > Could the respected members

please guide on the appropriate steps?> >> > Look forward to your valuable advise.> >> > Sincerely,> > Hanmant> >> > PS: I have started reciting the Devi Kavacham from Durga Asthami last> > motnh and have experienced good benefits from the divine mother till my> > wife started reading).Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.